Burnout Paradise - General Discussion & Info / TROPHY HUNTERS WELCOME!

$49.99 at Best Buy if you use the coupon. The game is worth $50.
[quote name='Van']Well I enjoyed the demo and my boys do too, but I'm gonna have to wait til it's $39.99. Screw this $59.99 crap.[/quote]

[quote name='Van']Well I enjoyed the demo and my boys do too, but I'm gonna have to wait til it's $39.99. Screw this $59.99 crap.[/QUOTE]Not to mean to you (or anyone here for that matter), but those who complain about PS3 games not selling well near release according to NPD, it's because too many seem to be completely against spending $60 for a PS3 game, causing some developers to think twice about bothering to release games on PS3 (Not saying CAG is the only forum who does this, pretty much any forum with a PS3 section seems to say the same thing. People on another certain console seem to have no issues dropping $60 on most games).

But enough of that small rant, there's a good chance I'll pick the game up at Meijer because I'll be able to get a small discount there (getting it for $51 at least). I can't use the Best Buy coupon due to lacking a color printer.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Not to mean to you (or anyone here for that matter), but those who complain about PS3 games not selling well near release according to NPD, it's because too many seem to be completely against spending $60 for a PS3 game, causing some developers to think twice about bothering to release games on PS3 (Not saying CAG is the only forum who does this, pretty much any forum with a PS3 section seems to say the same thing).[/quote]So we should all drop $60 on a game for the greater good? Give me a fucking break. Maybe some of us can't afford that much money. I'm not going broke just so the PS3 will have better games in the long run.

[quote name='Shoki']Call me old fashion but I want to race in a racing game. Screwing around in freeburn mode is BS. Sure it can be fun but I rally wish there was a racing only mode.[/quote]

then buy Need for speed, lol plenty of races in there

Are the Steel Wheel codes a one time use thing? I have a few extras and wanted to give them out to my fellow PS3 CAGs... but had no idea whats the deal with these.

[quote name='naes']$49.99 at Best Buy if you use the coupon. The game is worth $50.[/QUOTE]

What Coupon? Only one I got is 10% off. and 10% off 59.99 isn't $49.99 last I checked.
In fact that coupon only accomplishes the task of negating tax.

Found this one, but requires $75

http://emailinfo.bestbuy.com/pp/edi...;1255805347;1;02&R=T1_CMP_9621&A=1007&ci=9621

Can anyone confirm the ps3 version supports the G25 Wheel?

Still on the fence about this one, not to mention which version to get. It'd be a wash for me if I could use custom soundtracks via the ps3, but you can't

Oh yeah, And anyone who bitches about non-intrusive in-game ads are retarded. If you hate the company advertising, you should be taking solace in the fact that they are paying for that advertisement which still won't convince you to goto the store. By buying the game, you aren't giving any money back to the advertiser or whoever you have your damn beef with.

[quote name='Zoglog']What Coupon? Only one I got is 10% off. and 10% off 59.99 isn't $49.99 last I checked.

Found this one, but requires $75

http://emailinfo.bestbuy.com/pp/editor_NET/v3/CampaignWrapper.aspx?SID=532776-2-0-ARTICLE-0&E=9620;159394;1255805347;1;02&R=T1_CMP_9621&A=1007&ci=9621

Can anyone confirm the ps3 version supports the G25 Wheel?

Still on the fence about this one, not to mention which version to get. It'd be a wash for me if I could use custom soundtracks via the ps3, but you can't

Oh yeah, And anyone who bitches about non-intrusive in-game ads are retarded. If you hate the company advertising, you should be taking solace in the fact that they are paying for that advertisement which still won't convince you to goto the store. By buying the game, you aren't giving any money back to the advertiser or whoever you have your damn beef with.[/quote]$10 off any PS3 game:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161220

P.S. I guess I'm retarded. :p

:lol: Maybe you should actually try searching a bit harder for now on. And it does more than negate tax. The tax is on $49.99 not $59.99.
[quote name='Zoglog']What Coupon? Only one I got is 10% off. and 10% off 59.99 isn't $49.99 last I checked.
[/quote]

[quote name='naes']:lol: Maybe you should actually try searching a bit harder for now on. And it does more than negate tax. The tax is on $49.99 not $59.99.[/QUOTE]

I was referring to the 10% off coupon.
the $10 PS3 one is a Scan and YMMV since the coupon says "no copies"
I went to 2 BBs and they both shot it down.

there's a comparison video up for this game on Gametrailers.com very confusing, basically they're making a mockery of complaints made against them for showing the PS3 version in a gimped state. Basically they threw the video up split in fours - PS3 component, HDMI, vs 360 component, and HDMI, they even threw in composite video as well.

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']So we should all drop $60 on a game for the greater good? Give me a fucking break. Maybe some of us can't afford that much money. I'm not going broke just so the PS3 will have better games in the long run.[/QUOTE]

C'mon... you could afford the bloody PS3... :lol: I believe his main point was the weird apprehension of some folks not wanting to drop $60 on a PS3 game, but completely oblivious to dropping $60 on that other console...

If he was making a call to the greater good, I'm sure he wouldn't include you, Mr. McCheapmeister. ;) ...I kid... I kid...:D :booty:

Still, I'm warming up to the idea of paying $60 for Burnout Paradise (since I got Revenge for $30 used... heh.)

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']So we should all drop $60 on a game for the greater good? Give me a fucking break. Maybe some of us can't afford that much money. I'm not going broke just so the PS3 will have better games in the long run.[/QUOTE]

don't act like you never bought a game at full price. 50 or 60

[quote name='fuss']Are the Steel Wheel codes a one time use thing? I have a few extras and wanted to give them out to my fellow PS3 CAGs... but had no idea whats the deal with these.[/quote]
yeah i didn't reserve it or anything so i didn't get a code for the Steel Wheels, are there other codes also? And if so do you imput the code in the "Sponser Product Code" selection in the menu?

Also as far as supporting PS3 new release sales, go for it used that BB coupon for $10 off, worked like a charm! Support the PS3 games, is it any different from waitin til some 360 game comes out.

[quote name='Thomas96']don't act like you never bought a game at full price. 50 or 60[/quote]Yes, I've paid full price for a game before, once at $60 and three times at $50. That's over the course of 15 years of paying for games out of my own pocket. I am super fucking picky about what I pick up at full price, and I'm certainly not doing that more often for the sake of the PS3's success.

There's a few different codes, I've tested the following:
bestbuy, circuitcity, walmart, gamestop

Enter each in the Sponser code area, lower case with no spaces, and you'll get those 4 special cars. You need an A or Burnout license to play them single player, but I think you can still use them online anytime.

The steel wheels car... I haven't tested these, but here's some codes you can try to use:
U84D 3Y8K FY8Y 58N6
E60J 8Z7T MS8L 51U6
G23X 5K8Q GX2V 04B1

Those need to be uppercase and spaces as typed to work supposedly.

I've heard of those working, but I haven't put the codes in since I'm lazy and still working on my B license :)

Too bad this game doesn't have split-screen multiplayer. Anyone knows if its easy or possible to do local network multiplayer? I'm talking about no internet, just 2 PS3s connected to the same router.

Acquired my Burnout License today and a plethora of new cars along with it. Next tasks are to tackle the 'Carbon' vehicles and the online challenges...

I got my Burnout License as well and now I am about 45 races into getting an Elite License. The game really does grow on you. I was one who loved the Demo and the full game is even better.

So far my favorite events are the Road Rage and Marked Man challenges. I don't have the knowledge of the city yet to do the Stunt Runs really well but each night I seem to do a bit better about predicting where to go and I try out another car. The Burning Routes are a good test of your overall skill because the force you to try and master each of the main cars.

I was one who didn't like the demo very much at all, but I do like the full game. All of the races end in one of 8 different points so it's not as though you're going to race to an infinite number of places. Plus, the game has two signals to let you know when you should make a turn during races - the street sign above starts flashing and making a beeping noise, plus your car's blinker will turn on as well - once you realize this, you won't need to refer to the map at all unless you're trying to anticipate shortcuts or alternate routes, but even then it's just for a split second. I'm only in the middle of my 'C' license, so maybe the map does become more necessary later on - maybe someone can correct what I've written. This is definitely a must-own game.

[quote name='coolz481'] I'm only in the middle of my 'C' license, so maybe the map does become more necessary later on - maybe someone can correct what I've written.[/quote]

No, the map actually becomes even less necessary later on as you memorize the roads.

got the game this morning and really liking it thus far. so far i've just driven around to look at everything and find the gas stations, junk yards, paint shopes, etc.

looking for some friends to play some mp with though......add me to your friends list.......xmann1102

This game is friggin awesome :D I've never played a Burnout game before, though, so I don't have anything to compare it to. Do any of the other games have this open environment? Or are they more like typical racing games? I couldn't really tell from the reviews I was reading.

Do you guys think they'll be releasing DLC that will add to the map? It seems to me like there are so many areas of the map with barriers that look like they're just waiting to be unlocked.

[quote name='PleasantOne']This game is friggin awesome :D I've never played a Burnout game before, though, so I don't have anything to compare it to. Do any of the other games have this open environment? Or are they more like typical racing games? I couldn't really tell from the reviews I was reading.

Do you guys think they'll be releasing DLC that will add to the map? It seems to me like there are so many areas of the map with barriers that look like they're just waiting to be unlocked.[/QUOTE]

No, this is the first Burnout to have the open environment. If you have a PS3 that can do BC, I recommend picking up Burnout 3, as that was a total blast (and its super duper cheap these days too).

I'm sure there will be DLC, in terms of new cars, but I doubt they will release new races and such.

[quote name='PleasantOne']This game is friggin awesome :D I've never played a Burnout game before, though, so I don't have anything to compare it to. Do any of the other games have this open environment? Or are they more like typical racing games? I couldn't really tell from the reviews I was reading.

Do you guys think they'll be releasing DLC that will add to the map? It seems to me like there are so many areas of the map with barriers that look like they're just waiting to be unlocked.[/QUOTE]Some Need for Speed games (like Carbon) do the same thing too; however, you don't always have to use it.

[quote name='panasonic']does paradise have other environments than streets? Like other burnouts had mountains and more country side environments.[/QUOTE]

There are shorcuts that consist of dirt paths, you can ride the train tracks, and there are a few areas to jump around in.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I got Burnout today and really loving it so far. :D Definitely plan to play CAG members at the game.[/quote]

There's a few of us now so it might be cool to have a CAG night of racing and smashing.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Once I figure out online more, there will be Burnout nights.[/QUOTE]
That's good, because trying to find a competent group of 7 or 8 players is almost impossible. If it's not their inability to perform the challenges, it's their incessant need to keep smashing into me while I'm trying to so something...

Can somebody tell me when/how to enter the codes for the store cars (Best Buy, Walmart, etc)? I already entered the code for steel wheels and the codes are not working in that screen. I curently have a class B.

Thanks!

[quote name='fuss']Can somebody tell me when/how to enter the codes for the store cars (Best Buy, Walmart, etc)? I already entered the code for steel wheels and the codes are not working in that screen. I curently have a class B.

Thanks![/QUOTE]
You need a Class A license before you can enter the store codes and you'll need the Burnout License before you can use the Walmart, Circuit City or Steel Wheels vehicles...

Actually, I was able to enter the codes under the Sponsor Codes option on the Pause menu. I can use them online, but need a Burnout license to play them in the single player.

I only have a Class B right now.

Yeah I got my A license and have access to the Best Buy and Gamestop cars in single. The Walmart and Circuit City cars come with Burnout license.

Are the Burnout leaderboards only you and your friends scores? Because thats all I got access to is me and my friends scores. Basically I lead every leaderboard as I have no other friends who have this game.

[quote name='Starky27']That's good, because trying to find a competent group of 7 or 8 players is almost impossible. If it's not their inability to perform the challenges, it's their incessant need to keep smashing into me while I'm trying to so something...[/quote]

Agreed.. this also happens to me as well.. :(

Well, I'm going to start creating Burnout nights, since I figured out how to look for games and access the XMB in-game (press start, then R1 or L1 until you see an option for friends by pressing triangle. You can send messages to friends on the XMB).

Right now I still have CoD4 and Warhawk reserved, so I'm thinking maybe earlier on Saturdays (like 6pm EST).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Well, I'm going to start creating Burnout nights, since I figured out how to look for games and access the XMB in-game (press start, then R1 or L1 until you see an option for friends by pressing triangle. You can send messages to friends on the XMB).

Right now I still have CoD4 and Warhawk reserved, so I'm thinking maybe earlier on Saturdays (like 6pm EST).[/quote]

Yeah you can't access your XMB Friends list when playing online, though, only single player.
I'll be up for some playing some Burnout MP on Saturdays, as longas I'm home. :)

i usually work Saturday evenings, but i would like to play some mp with some CAG friends.

PSN name is xmann1102

[quote name='noahj']i usually work Saturday evenings, but i would like to play some mp with some CAG friends.[/quote]

Yeah, Saturday sucks for me, too because...well, it's Saturday!

Added you...anyone else interested in doing something on a weeknight?

Im on in the evenings (CST) and on and off on the weekends.
I am open for a race or to complete two player online objectives.

bread's done
Back