Burnout Paradise GS Drop $19.99 PS3/X360

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']

No idea what the last part is. I heard a rumour it's going to include a patch that'll give you the option to restart races and not have to drive all the way back to the start, but that's just a rumour.[/quote]
They better not, because as this thread shows, that is clearly NOT what we want. ;)

[quote name='CocheseUGA']It's more fun than the demo, but not as much fun as Revenge. It's worth about $20, to find all the hidden things. But you'd probably be just as happy renting it.[/QUOTE]

Tonite I played some races where it was night in the game (I hadn't seen darkness in the game) the graphics are insanely good and it brought in a new element to drive at night.

I loved it, but it still wasn't fun like "checking" traffic was in revenge.

kinda off topic... but i just bought this game for PS3 not too long ago. i cant figure out how to access the free DLC that keeps being mentioned. i look in the PS store in the add-on section but burnout is not in there. there doesnt seem to be an option for DLC in the in-game menu either. any help is appreciated.

[quote name='lolwaut']kinda off topic... but i just bought this game for PS3 not too long ago. i cant figure out how to access the free DLC that keeps being mentioned. i look in the PS store in the add-on section but burnout is not in there. there doesnt seem to be an option for DLC in the in-game menu either. any help is appreciated.[/quote]

It was all added by way of patches. So, if you've been online and received the patch(es), you have the content already. The motorcycles weren't in the game originally, the night cycle wasn't there originally, and I think a bunch of events have been added. Also, trophies on PS3 weren't in the game originally. Also, the welcome screen that show news items wasn't there originally if I'm not mistaken.

It's hard to appreciate all the added DLC when you're playing it for the first time and its all already there.

More info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnout_Paradise#Expansions.2FDownloadable_Content_.28DLC.29

[quote name='Reck_Havoc']Not true, all you have to do is come to a complete stop, then the race ends.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info Reck. if I ever pick up the game again, I'll remember that. :)

[quote name='blucadet3'][quote name='Nohbdy']Your wrist is more accurate than your thumb.

Uh...so many possibilities...keeps mouth shut...head assplodes.[/QUOTE]

You know, I don't give a flying shit about console FPS games. Their control schemes are INFERIOR. That is all.

[quote name='Nohbdy']

You know, I don't give a flying shit about console FPS games. Their control schemes are INFERIOR. That is all.[/quote]

Wow, troll much?

I'm pretty sure he was just pointing out the possibilities for sexual innuendo-themed replies. I LOL'ed.

[quote name='mkernan']Wow, troll much?

[/QUOTE]

Go be a Spy in Team Fortress 2 on the PS3 or 360 then try doing the same on the PC.

Let me know how that goes.

[quote name='mkernan']It was all added by way of patches. So, if you've been online and received the patch(es), you have the content already. The motorcycles weren't in the game originally, the night cycle wasn't there originally, and I think a bunch of events have been added. Also, trophies on PS3 weren't in the game originally. Also, the welcome screen that show news items wasn't there originally if I'm not mistaken.

It's hard to appreciate all the added DLC when you're playing it for the first time and its all already there.

More info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnout_Paradise#Expansions.2FDownloadable_Content_.28DLC.29[/quote]

that explains it! thank you!

[quote name='Nohbdy']Go be a Spy in Team Fortress 2 on the PS3 or 360 then try doing the same on the PC.

Let me know how that goes.[/quote]

Well, A) I have a Mac, not a PC (which is part of the reason I play FPS console games). And B) the thread title is 'Burnout Paradise GS drop', so that's hardly relevant here.

Not disagreeing with you, just sayin'.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Go be a Spy in Team Fortress 2 on the PS3 or 360 then try doing the same on the PC.

Let me know how that goes.[/QUOTE]

No one cares. GTFO.

There's no excuse for people not to own this @ $19.99. Especially if/when a 20% or 30% off used games @ eb/gs comes in a weekly email.

A little off topic, but I had this at release, but sold it. I still have my games save on my ps3 and was thinking of rebuying the game...

Are trophys retroactive, or would I need to start the game over to earn some of the accomplishments????

Sorry if this has been asked

[quote name='Reck_Havoc']Not true, all you have to do is come to a complete stop, then the race ends.[/quote]
lol i never knew that either. :lol:

[quote name='noodlez']A little off topic, but I had this at release, but sold it. I still have my games save on my ps3 and was thinking of rebuying the game...

Are trophys retroactive, or would I need to start the game over to earn some of the accomplishments????

Sorry if this has been asked[/quote]

You have to start over, unfortunately.

Went to 3 gamestops today looking for a 360 copy last one I went to finally had it but it was the open copies they put out on the rack. I hate paying for a game that has been opened and they try and sell it new.

[quote name='Boltbacker'] I hate paying for a game that has been opened and they try and sell it new.[/quote]Are they even allowed to do that? Damn.

[quote name='hothitter']There's no excuse for people not to own this @ $19.99. Especially if/when a 20% or 30% off used games @ eb/gs comes in a weekly email.[/QUOTE]

Unless you don't like racing games. Raises hand. But I agree nonetheless, it is a good deal.

[quote name='mrg']Unless you don't like racing games. Raises hand. But I agree nonetheless, it is a good deal.[/quote]dude I don't like racing games but for $20 and with all the stuff they added I'm gonna pick this up soon as I can get my sister to mail it to me (Canada). heck if this is universal then I'll pick it up at Target with my giftcard.

[quote name='silent h3ro']Are they even allowed to do that? Damn.[/quote]dude you thought we hated gamestop because of their lame name?

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Ultimate Box will be $40, but seeing as this is CAG, I'm sure we can find a deal to pick it up for $30 easily. :)[/quote]

Apparently The Ultimate Box is only coming to PC, meaning console owners will just need the original game + patches + Party Pack DLC (if you want it).

So, any of you thinking of waiting for that, might just want to snag the regular game now. Kinda weird, I thought the compilation was coming to consoles too.

EA press release:

http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=359565

p.s. - What is the point of having the Party Pack on PC? Do people really gather around their PC and pass the controller around? I'm sure a few might (especially those with a PC hooked to the TV or other larger display), but seems kinda odd.

What's even weirder is that they are actually pressing discs for the PS3 and 360 for release in Europe but not North America. How odd.

I just bought a used 360 copy for $17.99. There's not any free DLC codes that are supposed to be bundled with new copies of Paradise, is there? I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on any freebies by purchasing used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone please respond on this, I bought a PS3 new copy, but it was gutted, and I don't see any sort of DLC code. Thanks. It was in the red greatest hits packaging, if that matters any.

bread's done
Back