Burnout Paradise (PS3) $19.99 at Amazon - Backordered

That's a good price, if I didn't have such a huge PS3 backlog including 2 racing games (Full Auto 2 and Sega Rally), I would have gotten it.

Terrible game none of the patches has made fun. I LOVED the last three entries in the series, but the open-world element totally screwed things up. One of the biggest gaming disappointments for me in the past year.

[quote name='DirkBelig']Terrible game none of the patches has made fun. I LOVED the last three entries in the series, but the open-world element totally screwed things up. One of the biggest gaming disappointments for me in the past year.[/quote]

I don't see how anyone can say it is a terrible game when the loved all the previous games. It is essentially the same formula, but lets you pick whatever route you want to get from point A to B. All of the patches contain a lot of content and are free! At least they aren't like Namco and release one character for $5. IMO, this is one of the best racing games of all time...I'm not sure how they'll undo themselves with the next Burnout.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']I don't see how anyone can say it is a terrible game when the loved all the previous games. It is essentially the same formula, but lets you pick whatever route you want to get from point A to B. All of the patches contain a lot of content and are free! At least they aren't like Namco and release one character for $5. IMO, this is one of the best racing games of all time...I'm not sure how they'll undo themselves with the next Burnout.[/quote]

Not to put words in the previous poster's mouth, but I think his comment was directed at the fact that you now have to spend quite a bit of time with the game before it becomes really fun. It lost the 'pick up and play' appeal with the changes. Unless you spend a couple of hours trying to learn the map, the game is no longer a pick up and play racer. That said, it is far from a bad game.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']That's a good price, if I didn't have such a huge PS3 backlog including 2 racing games (Full Auto 2 and Sega Rally), I would have gotten it.[/quote]

Sell those two and get Burnout.

awesome, thanks a bunch OP, between this and the legos complete saga on ps3, i get free shipping and im slowly building a new library

[quote name='YoshiFan1']That's a good price, if I didn't have such a huge PS3 backlog including 2 racing games (Full Auto 2 and Sega Rally), I would have gotten it.[/quote]

Yeah, but burnout paradise is significantly more fun than either of those games. ;)

Have it on 360 and really like it, but my friend has it on PS3. Now I have an excuse to sell my 360 copy and pick it up on PS3. Thanks OP

Awesome price for an awesome game. I paid $20 for it w/ a Gamestop coupon a little while ago and honestly it would have been worth it at $30.

[quote name='depascal22']Sell those two and get Burnout.[/QUOTE]I agree. Burnout Paradise is excellent. Plus, Burnout CAG Nights on PS3 is booming.

Yes, it has VERY easy trophies.

quick questions before i pull the trigger. Does this game update to version 1.5 automatically? and does it include the bikes? or do you have to pay for those add ons?

Bikes are free and yeah, it will update you all the way the first time.

I bought this used a while back and have been enjoying it. I don't quite get into it as much as past games but it's still pretty fun. For $19.99 it's a great deal.

let's not forget. PS3 is the only version that allows us to cheat, and find which billboards, gates, and jumps we have missed.
I Think I may have to get this. Even though I have it on the 360.
With ebay, I can sell off the 360 version and it will pretty much pay for itself.
Also keep in mind that critirion is supprting the PS3 much better than they are the 360. Custom soundtracks!?!

I liked this game until I started playing MNC:LA, Paradise is like a prequel to MNC, use the $20 and put it toward MNC you won't be sorry.

[quote name='dragonjud']Not to put words in the previous poster's mouth, but I think his comment was directed at the fact that you now have to spend quite a bit of time with the game before it becomes really fun. It lost the 'pick up and play' appeal with the changes. Unless you spend a couple of hours trying to learn the map, the game is no longer a pick up and play racer. That said, it is far from a bad game.[/QUOTE]

I got it recently and feel the same way, it essentially is the same game just now all the tracks are linked together. It is fun but lack of being able to instantly restart a race hurts it somewhat. But even after coming close to throwing my controller I keep coming back so hey gets thumbs up from me

[quote name='sunnysky']let's not forget. PS3 is the only version that allows us to cheat, and find which billboards, gates, and jumps we have missed.
With ebay, I can sell off the 360 version and it will pretty much pay for itself.
Also keep in mind that critirion is supprting the PS3 much better than they are the 360. Custom soundtracks!?![/QUOTE]

The 360 has built in custom soundtrack support for all games , why does Criterion need to add what is already there?

I highly recommend Burnout Paradise. I've been a big fan of all the previous games, and I liked the direction they took with Paradise. I think so many people have been trained by prior games that you choose races by a menu, and then you replay a single race until you finish it. With Paradise I just jumped from event to event, if I lost an event I just went to the next closest event. The lack of retry only became an issue when I only had a few races left.

The only part of Paradise I was disappointed with was crash mode, which is now called showtime. In previous Burnouts crash mode was like a puzzle, in Paradise crash mode was often just tedious and repetitive.

[quote name='coolsteel']
The 360 has built in custom soundtrack support for all games , why does Criterion need to add what is already there?[/QUOTE]Because MS has a software patent on universal custom soundtracks where it cuts out the game music and replace it with music in a library. Sony had could not implement it the same way as MS or else they'd be infringing upon that patent, which is why Criterion and other developers had to implement it manually on 360 (not using a process that automatically does it).

Anyway, sucks that it sold out because I was waiting for some people to come home and pick this up. I will warn people though that Paradise City may be tough at first, but once you learn the map, it becomes easy to navigate.

[quote name='sunnysky']let's not forget. PS3 is the only version that allows us to cheat, and find which billboards, gates, and jumps we have missed.
Also keep in mind that critirion is supprting the PS3 much better than they are the 360. Custom soundtracks!?![/quote]

What? How are we allowed to cheat to see what weve missed?

I got the game for $13 and I woulda paid double! I loathed Revenge and got rid of it so I was worried about this sequel. I am very happy with it. I do hate the stunt runs though, but hearing my MP3s on there is just too sweet!

WTF Amazon. $30 price tag on the burnout page. Click "28 new" from $19.99 and the first choice is Amazon, but it takes one to THREE weeks to ship.

Amazon, this goes beyond Sparta madness.

[quote name='basilofbkrst']WTF Amazon. $30 price tag on the burnout page. Click "28 new" from $19.99 and the first choice is Amazon, but it takes one to THREE weeks to ship.

Amazon, this goes beyond Sparta madness.[/quote]

I bought it when it said 1-3 weeks for shipping, but it already shipped.. so believe it if you want lol

[quote name='Ravenous']What? How are we allowed to cheat to see what weve missed?
quote]
If you go onto Critirions website, and enter in your PS3 user id, they will show you a map (I think that's how it works) that shows what you have/have not completed.
I really have no idea, because I have the 360 version, which doesn't have that feature supported.

I guess I didn't realize I could use my own music in games. Is it easy to do?

[quote name='basilofbkrst']WTF Amazon. $30 price tag on the burnout page. Click "28 new" from $19.99 and the first choice is Amazon, but it takes one to THREE weeks to ship.

Amazon, this goes beyond Sparta madness.[/quote]

They probably don't have any on hand but do have some on order that they know will be coming in.

My problem with the game is it becomes a drag having to drive to where the races are, especially if your previous event ends on the West side of the map. You stop at the first few lights near the finish lines, are told you've already done that race for that level, and then drive on looking for the next available event, hoping you have the right car for it. If Criterion had offered gamers the choice of doing this nonsense or just picking an event off the map and going straight to it, that would've been fine, but instead they arrogantly sneered, "This is the way WE like it and all of you need to suck it and fuck off if you don't!!!"

The non-rotating mini-map is another fatal mistake. You're driving 200 mph and the turn indicators are flashing at you, but you can't get an overview of WTF is happening. Having to find the gas stations and garages are a joke, too. The bike pack added pretty weather effects and interesting TOD details, but night racing is epic fail because the tracks are properly lit for night racing compared to NFS or Midnight Club games. They just turn out the lights and say good luck with your headlights as you plow into T-intersections.

The arguments that you need to waste time learning the secret ins-and-outs of the map and use cheats to find the undiscovered smash gates, etc. only proves my point that it's no longer a fun racing game but some sort of open world sandbox/exploration game with some less-fun car racing tossed in. Criterion sucked all the fun out of Burnout and while it's nice that they keep trying to bribe us with free content packs, it's like giving a one-legged pygmy a boob job and hair extensions: while it's a nice pretty upgrade, it's still not gonna dance very well because its foundations are broken.

[quote name='DirkBelig']My problem with the game is it becomes a drag having to drive to where the races are, especially if your previous event ends on the West side of the map. You stop at the first few lights near the finish lines, are told you've already done that race for that level, and then drive on looking for the next available event, hoping you have the right car for it. If Criterion had offered gamers the choice of doing this nonsense or just picking an event off the map and going straight to it, that would've been fine, but instead they arrogantly sneered, "This is the way WE like it and all of you need to suck it and fuck off if you don't!!!"

The non-rotating mini-map is another fatal mistake. You're driving 200 mph and the turn indicators are flashing at you, but you can't get an overview of WTF is happening. Having to find the gas stations and garages are a joke, too. The bike pack added pretty weather effects and interesting TOD details, but night racing is epic fail because the tracks are properly lit for night racing compared to NFS or Midnight Club games. They just turn out the lights and say good luck with your headlights as you plow into T-intersections.

The arguments that you need to waste time learning the secret ins-and-outs of the map and use cheats to find the undiscovered smash gates, etc. only proves my point that it's no longer a fun racing game but some sort of open world sandbox/exploration game with some less-fun car racing tossed in. Criterion sucked all the fun out of Burnout and while it's nice that they keep trying to bribe us with free content packs, it's like giving a one-legged pygmy a boob job and hair extensions: while it's a nice pretty upgrade, it's still not gonna dance very well because its foundations are broken.[/QUOTE]

The Free burns are clearly marked with stars on the map. If you drive to the wrong location with the wrong car that is your fault.

You use the term us, when you should be using the term "me".

The lack of fun seems to be a problem for you individually.

You can always go back and play 3 or Revenge if you don't like Paradise. No one is putting a gun to your head to force you to play. You're complaining that you have to learn the ins and outs but didn't they already start doing this with Revenge. There are several short cuts you can take and you'll have to take them if you're racing against people that play all the time. Stop whining like a little bitch, please. I've heard enough of it.

For those who want in on the 19.99 back order, the game link is on the right side of the screen, under the "Add to shopping cart". If you look at the "More Buying Choices" it lists Amazon.com $19.99.

Thanks op for this post. I always wanted the game and could not find it at GS/EB to purchase with the b2g1 deals.

[quote name='horriblehager']go to newegg.com, they have it now with free shipping for 19.99[/quote]
really? They must of taken it down. Wish that I hadn't missed this

bread's done
Back