Burnout Revenge on XBOX Live

jcp4322

CAGiversary!
I am having problems getting this game to connect to Live, am I the only one having this problem or has anyone else had problems connecting?

[quote name='jcp4322']I am having problems getting this game to connect to Live, am I the only one having this problem or has anyone else had problems connecting?[/QUOTE]

I haven't tried going on Live with my copy yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a problem connecting. Apparently, EA has their own independent Live servers because they refused to share Microsofts (that's why all of the older EA Xbox titles aren't Live compatible). I got MVP 2005 when it was first released and couldn't connect to Live for *3 DAYS*. Even after that, the connection was still shit and the game would constantly lag (especially during pitching).

I got booted offline a couple of times... other than that, it's been fine, I guess.

How's the interface connecting to friends and other games? Is it as half-assed as last year's having to check every single game lobby to find a friend's game?

Just picked it up a few hours ago and have yet to take it online or even play it yet for that matter. Hopefully EA has their server problems fixed on this game because they are buggy on Madden.

Yea all last night I couldn't connect to anyone. I would join there room but after 30 secs it would say I have been booted from the game -or- say failed to connect to the players.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']How's the interface connecting to friends and other games? Is it as half-assed as last year's having to check every single game lobby to find a friend's game?[/QUOTE]

Good question. The interface is a little better, it looks like. That's something I need to pay attention to next time I play.

Well, I picked it up today. Played and my left contact teared up and nearly fell out. I, of course, shut it so as not to lose the contact and kept racing. Good stuff.

Add me to your Friends' lists, hopefully I'll see some of you on this weekend.

I'll be waiting for a price drop soon. Hopefully, EA corrects it's mistakes with their servers before Battlefield 2:Modern Combat. If EA does a bad job in a 8 person race game online, just imagine 25 players or more in a huge terrain area.

I've had no problems online I use all optimatch or quick match though as someone said they were having trouble connecting to a friend.

I never played Burnout 3 besides some crash mode at a friends house and after playing this for a couple hours I must say, DAMN THIS IS FUN. lol :D

Wish I could play. Last 2 days has been nothing but the signing in screen over and over. Have to reset the xbox, and then more of the same.

Anybody still play Burnout 3 online? I don't have Revenge yet (just got 3 a month ago) and, from impressions garnered from a rental, I like B3 a lot better anyway.

[quote name='Matt Young']Anybody still play Burnout 3 online? I don't have Revenge yet (just got 3 a month ago) and, from impressions garnered from a rental, I like B3 a lot better anyway.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played Revenge yet. I rented Burnout 3 a long time ago, and it was a blast. But I don't have either. I'm just a sad, poor bastard. :cry:

Nice avatar, by the way. You remind me of someone. Not Bud Bundy, though. You already mentioned that one.

[quote name='Matt Young']Anybody still play Burnout 3 online? I don't have Revenge yet (just got 3 a month ago) and, from impressions garnered from a rental, I like B3 a lot better anyway.[/QUOTE]

I like Revenge a little better only because of the visual improvements, the fact that more than 2-3 cars are good in this version (unlike B3), and because of the alternate route idea. Granted, there are more tracks in B3 and it's harder to wreck people (which may get annoying on Revenge sometimes). B3 = great, Revenge = AMAZING.

Maybe I just haven't played enough of Revenge to make a fair assessment. As for Jack's comment, I've been told I look like Bud Bundy and Seth Green, although I don't see the latter.

EDIT: And I'm doing the people's eyebrow in that pic, if you could not tell.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']B3 = great, Revenge = AMAZING.[/QUOTE]
I wholeheartedly agree. Not nearly as frustrating as B3 was in trying to complete the game (which some people have come to concude, means easier, which I like, not having much time to play anyway).

I got the game. I wasn't planning to open it til I finish 3 (50% complete) but I will open it to play some online races with you fine folks and just wait on the World Tour mode.

I just put the game away short-term. Got all golds, but I've still got 8 cars to get and 12 tasks to get 100%. One of the few games that had me coming back over and over.

Anybody else been getting Dirty Disc errors after you finish a race and it tries saving your profile? It's happened to me three or four times now, the disc is fine and this is the only game that this has ever happened to me.

I'm definitely up for some CAG racing, any of y'all can feel free to add Busta Uppa to your lists. I am so loving this game. My only complaint is that they senselessly took the replays out of Crash mode, and how you STILL can't use custom soundtracks in split-screen or crash modes. The game is still crack on wheels, though.

If anyone is up for some races at any time send sunset gunner a FR. I'm always down to race (or get smoked). BR is the best arcade racer to date IMO. Even though B3 was (check my sig).

bread's done
Back