Buy 1, Get 1 50% Off Select Games at Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]19624[/IMG-R]Amazon is holding a buy 1, get 1 50% off sale on over 130 titles. Highlights include: Catherine, Starfox 64 3D, Madden NFL 12, NHL 12, Infamous 2, Warhammer 40k: Space Marine, Bit.Trip Saga 3DS, several Nintendo Selects, and more.

iconamazon.gif
Buy 1, Get 1 50% Off Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TraBuch']Frankly, when it comes to JRPG's, I don't trust review sites.[/QUOTE]

agreed. plus. wkc2 has both wkc1 and 2 on there so its 2 games for the price of 1 really. also, look at the reviews on amazon of people who actually played more than 3 hrs of the game- i guarantee u the gamespot reviewer didn't play more than a few hrs- they all loved it. if ur a fan of the series/ genre/ rpgs that are actual rpgs and take many many many hours, then go for it. if its more of a casual purchase, get say..catherine :)

I want Starfox, but there's nothing else on there I really want for that price. Pokemon SoulSilver is still pretty much full price! If they had Kirby Mass Attack or the Bit Trip Wii collection, I might have gone for it.

It's not working for me.

I'm checking the boxes next to the products and using the add to cart button - but the half off isn't showing up. I even went all the way to the confirmation screen. Doesn't matter if I choose two games or ten.

What am I missing?

[quote name='Broseph']It's not working for me.

I'm checking the boxes next to the products and using the add to cart button - but the half off isn't showing up. I even went all the way to the confirmation screen. Doesn't matter if I choose two games or ten.

What am I missing?[/QUOTE]

It's usually shown as a discount, games will be full price, but the discount will be half of the 2nd or lesser game.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']This looks more appetizing than it really is. C'mon Amazon... give us some REAL deals!

/holds out until Black Friday[/QUOTE]

My feeling as well.

Looking at Catherine and Warhammer 40,000K: Space Marines. Not very compelling at nearly $90. A few months from now, can probably snag 'em both for $30.

I want Catherine.
But I want to get something else to make that discount worthwhile.

Plan A is getting another copy of Catherine for the ps3 for my friend.

B is some other PS3 game.

Time to consult.

[quote name='AsteriskCGY']I want Catherine.
But I want to get something else to make that discount worthwhile.

Plan A is getting another copy of Catherine for the ps3 for my friend.

B is some other PS3 game.

Time to consult.[/QUOTE]

only way to make it worth while is to get another $60 game. That's the max discount you can have.

Having said that, your option then boils down to 6-7 games, one of them being a second copy of Catherine.

[quote name='May']cheap and awesome,thanks[/QUOTE]

Really? 25% off two full price games is "cheap" and "awesome" to you? I guess you've got a lot more money to throw around than I do.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']Really? 25% off two full price games is "cheap" and "awesome" to you? I guess you've got a lot more money to throw around than I do.[/QUOTE]

Really? You're going to criticize someone for finding a deal worthwhile and thanking the OP? :roll:

I'd be in on this one, but one of the two games I want is the Data East Arcade Collection for Wii, and it's less than $8. Might just buy it outright and shrug off the $3 and change discount.

Wanted Resident Evil 3DS and Mario Party DS, but comes to $51.xx with this deal. $25.xx each doesn't seem that cheap.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']Really? 25% off two full price games is "cheap" and "awesome" to you? I guess you've got a lot more money to throw around than I do.[/QUOTE]

I love how "you're not poor" is an insult around here.

thanks for the heads up cheapy but it seems as if amazon has these purge sales every other week - i swear if they keep this up and still have crap for good games on it, i'm just gonna stop looking. ;)

Might pick up Dragon Age, but can't find much to pair it with. I already have Oblivion 5th Anniversary, but I kept it sealed. Does anyone think it's worth keeping one sealed and picking up another copy to open/play?

I picked up the premium version of Disgaea 4 because the last time I ignored a "not cheap or awesome deal" I had to settle for buying the last gutted copy of Devil Survivor Overclocked from Gamestop at MSRP.

Sometimes 25% off is a fine deal.

[quote name='dogfishfiend']Hmmm...been waiting for Dead Space 2 and Crysis 2. Any thoughts on these games??[/QUOTE]

Dead Space 2 is a great game. It improves Dead Space 1 (which is great also) in every aspect.
The Limited Edition comes with DS Extraction HD, this game is a really good complement to the story, try to play it before DS2.

I haven´t played Crysis 2 yet.

[quote name='dogfishfiend']Hmmm...been waiting for Dead Space 2 and Crysis 2. Any thoughts on these games??[/QUOTE]

You can get Dead Space 2 used right now on gamefly for 13 bucks!

There are some games I'd be interested for PS3, but with the promotion each would be going for $42~$45 each, so it's not that good. I'll wait until they drop to $35 or around.

Disgaea 4 (either normal or premium)
White Knight Chronicles II
Catherine (not thaaat interested in this one)

I can't get this to work. Added Bit.Trip.Saga and Crysis 2 but they both show the original price in cart, and even if I go all the way to checkout.

Not his fault that you are poor. Class warfare?

disgaea and catherine are both tempting but i know i wont get to either one for awhile. i think i'll wait til i have more amazon credit (have $20 right now) and for a b2g1 sale

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']I was hoping for god of war origins and ico collection.[/QUOTE]both for $60 + tax @ BB now assuming you can find them in-stock, but your better off waiting till the $10 off @gamer mag coupon stacks with a $30 sale price making it $40 + tax for both.

[quote name='Cysquatch']Hmm...Dragon Age Ultimate Edition and Oblivion 5th Anniversary edition for $59.97....is that too high?[/QUOTE]too high DA:UE has been avail. for $20 @ kmart I say wait till bf when either it's cheaper or paying full retail will net a $10-$20 giftcard buffer. Oblivion will see $20 before yrs end.

[quote name='Mosker']Dragon Age Origins & Heavy Rain seem reasonable?[/QUOTE]DA:UE^^^ as for heavy rain just wait till there's a Sony GH deal either b2g1 or b1g1 50% off.

[quote name='Cysquatch']Man, if only the @gamer coupon stacked on to that.[/QUOTE]that's not what you want $60 - $10 off coupon $50 + tax vs the games going on sale for $30 then -$10 off coupon $40 + tax for both instead.

[quote name='dogfishfiend']Hmmm...been waiting for Dead Space 2 and Crysis 2. Any thoughts on these games??[/QUOTE]DS2 has been $20 several times recently but it's a great game Crysis 2 I think could be had for $20-$25 just keep an eye on the pc richards thread they drop titles faster than the MSRP usually.
Right now several titles are cheaper their like Naruto UNS2 & LA Noire for $30 & MOH/Skate 3 were $15 at times & part of the 3 games for $30
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301793

In for Infamous 2 and Catherine (PS3). Thinking about Disgaea 4 and White Knight Chronicles 2. Anyone have any opinions of WKC 2?

Pretty sure this deal will end on Saturday, same as Target's.

Broke down and bought Disgaea 4 CE and Dead Space 2. I'm not going to risk waiting for the D4CE to drop in price since I might get a beat up box or something if I wait too long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reordered Disgaea 4 and will return the one i just got from amazon so i can get Catherine for Half Price. I guess this makes up for not getting the exclusive DLC from NIS.

bread's done
Back