Buy 1, Get 1 Free 4th of July Sale at Amazon

Hmmph, I might have grabbed Ghostbusters PS3 if there was something similar to pair it with that I wanted....

Amazon has done this so much lately I'm not surprised one bit. Every time they do one of these "sales" it's more like they are trying to pull one over on the less informed. I used to think Amazon was different but lately I've grown to dislike buying from them.

[quote name='TheCro']I've gotta ask....Are those afterglow controllers worth a shit?[/QUOTE]

got a couple of them , they work fine, I say they are worth it

[quote name='Barkwhip']Not sure if this is just me, but I added the Starcraft Battle Chest and Resonance of Fate to my cart and at checkout it deducted the cost of Resonance of Fate ($30) instead of Starcraft ($20), making the total $19.99 for both. Even funnier is that Starcraft isn't on the sales page put it's included in the sale.[/QUOTE]

Make sure it's not using any amazon.com credit you may have (you can opt not to use credit by editing the payment method at checkout; there should be a checkbox).

[quote name='Kenshindono']is the starcraft + resonance of fate combo working for anyone else? i just tried it and it came out to like 60 bucks =P[/QUOTE]
I think they fixed it. It seemed like if you added a game from the July 4th sale and any game fulfilled by amazon that it would apply the discount to the game from the sale. Good sale for me if the package doesn't get recalled.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Great sarcasm i scence in you young padawan hmmmm[/QUOTE]
Everyday I'm reminded how the education system is failing when a fictional word is spelled properly over a simple word as 'sense'.

Funny.. I got Bayonetta from Amazon for $9.99 shipped few months back and now they have a SALE on it for $26.62...

I bought Fear 2 Project Origin and Tiger Woods 11 for PS3. I know the prices are a little high but I got both games for $25.xx so I can't complain too much.

I'm hoping more games come up Sunday to PM many weekly ads like Best Buys B1G1 Kinect titles. Otherwise, this sale is disappointing (ex: Demon Souls for $25 is a major price hike.)

Absolute horrendous sale right there. Honestly, where are all the good July 4th sales? The Gamestop one is terrible, now this one sucks, what else?

[quote name='Phantamsk']I think they fixed it. It seemed like if you added a game from the July 4th sale and any game fulfilled by amazon that it would apply the discount to the game from the sale. Good sale for me if the package doesn't get recalled.[/QUOTE]

ah too bad that would have been all that would have been worth while here. Looked it over completely this time and... just, fail. Poor selection and the prices on the half decent stuff ware WAY too high

I need to submit a price match at amazon... wait a minute, this is an amazon deal...

I am so used to seeing this "price match at amazon" comment for every other deal at CAG :roll:

[quote name='Jodou']Everyday I'm reminded how the education system is failing when a fictional word is spelled properly over a simple word as 'sense'.[/QUOTE]

Lol I was drinking when I made that post, I was so done that I didn't bother to edit it

This is the worst choice of selection I have ever seen from Amazon. Guess they aren't really patriots.

I ordered both Rock Star Mickey and dance star mickey for my 2 year old daughter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP. You saved me a lot of money. Bought all these today for only $199.18

Tony Hawk Shred (360) - $49.19
Clash of the Titans (360) - $17.17 (FREE)
Horse Life Adventures (Wii) - $9.99 (FREE)
Power Gig (360) - $149.99

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Thanks OP. You saved me a lot of money. Bought all these today for only $199.18

Tony Hawk Shred (360) - $49.19
Clash of the Titans (360) - $17.17 (FREE)
Horse Life Adventures (Wii) - $9.99 (FREE)
Power Gig (360) - $149.99

[quote name='VVaffle']I really hope this is a joke post... In fact yes, I'm sure of it. :applause:[/QUOTE]

lol, or maybe I just have a horrible taste in games and I have a lot of expendable income to flush down the toilet.

Many of the games aren't even sold by Amazon, only 3rd parties. They should yank this or replace those titles with their own stock.

I normally love Amazon but this sucks.

[quote name='sneakysnake128']This 4th of July sale is so bad it may as well be sending a political message.[/QUOTE]

But, but, but it is amazon.com we are talking about. Everyone, their mom and dog and cat has credit so lets all ask amazon.com to price match every single deal from brick and mortar stores across the world because we all have credit with them. Amazon we love you...:roll:

[quote name='sneakysnake128']This 4th of July sale is so bad it may as well be sending a political message.[/QUOTE]

Amazon is still pissed about Bush?

Anyone interested in going in with me on 2 copies of DCU Online CE? I'll buy 2 copies, and we split the cost 50/50 it'll be about $28 and change.

amazon sucks lately probably not going to buy games anymore from them.
their sales are set sail for fail.

I want to get my friend one of those NFL controllers for his birthday, but nothing else in that sale seems appealing to me. Wanted to get Singularity for the 360, but it's sold out. The only other games that I'm remotely interested in is Majin for PS3 and Monopoly Streets for PS3, and that's really stretching it

[quote name='retrad']amazon sucks lately probably not going to buy games anymore from them.
their sales are set sail for fail.[/QUOTE]

If the occasional mediocre sale is enough to keep you from shopping with one of the best online video game retailers ever, then good riddance.

bread's done
Back