Buy 1 get 1 free on select activision games at toys r us

bb_88

CAG Veteran
I don't know if this was posted or not. But just bought spider-man 3 (ds) for the full retail price and got transformers (ds) for free at toysrus.com.

(added by CheapyD)

Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Wii/DS/GBA

Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Gold)
360/PS3/Wii/PS2/Xbox/PSP/GBA

Spider-Man 3
360/PS3/Wii/PS2/DS/PSP/GBA

Shrek The Third
360/Wii/PS2/DShttp://www.toysrus.com/product/inde...ation=false&promoId=2780127&parentPage=search/PSP/GBA

Transformers
360/PS3/Wii/PS2/DS/PSPhttp://www.toysrus.com/product/inde...ation=false&promoId=2780127&parentPage=searchhttp://www.toysrus.com/product/inde...ation=false&promoId=2780127&parentPage=search

[quote name='scottman']There is also a $5 off $25 coupon in my sunday toys r us ad. Valid instore only, not valid on hardware, but should work on these games.[/quote]
Funny, my TRU newspaper ad today had a 20% off any one item coupon. I guess they have different ones in different regions.

I'd scan it but I already used it. :whistle2:|

Anyway, picked up Spiderman 3 and Transformers Autobots for the DS with this deal. Used one fo those $3 survey receipts to make it even sweeter. $13.50 a game is alright for these two...both got good reviews for the DS versions.

I had the same thing just get a copy of the ad and take it to best buy and they will make it work for you they did form me.

[quote name='snatcher33']Damn......bought Transformers for the 360 with a Best Buy gift card yesterday. Maybe I'll go to TRU and snag Transformers and Shrek (I know, I hear it is awful, but I love the movies) for the 360 and then return the Transformers back to Best Buy to get a another gift card with the refund on it. Then I'll probably pick up Harry Potter for the 360 with the new gift card. I think that should work.[/quote]

[quote name='snatcher33']Damn......bought Transformers for the 360 with a Best Buy gift card yesterday. Maybe I'll go to TRU and snag Transformers and Shrek (I know, I hear it is awful, but I love the movies) for the 360 and then return the Transformers back to Best Buy to get a another gift card with the refund on it. Then I'll probably pick up Harry Potter for the 360 with the new gift card. I think that should work.[/QUOTE]

You've got a history of liking shitty games. ;) :)

[quote name='gordonmj']Does anyone know if TH Downhill Jam (DS) allows for multiplayer racing from one cart via the wi-fi?[/quote]

I don't know the answer to your question, but if you're thinking about getting the game, I would suggest getting it at CC instead unless there's another game from this list you really want as well. They have it on clearance for $16.96, and with the 25% off deal they have this week, you can get it for $12.72 + tax. That's how I plan on getting it later this week.

[quote name='mr ryles']Tempted to get marvel ultimate alliance and spiderman. I'll sleep on it.[/quote]

I grabbed M:UA Gold and Transformers, so you'd have at least one person to play with.

^ Good idea. I have MUA + the DLC if so if anyone wants to play, then send me a Friend Request w/ CAG in the message. Thanks!

[quote name='Graystone']Same, but I might pick up Spider-man 3 beat it and sell it on ebay. So I'll get MUA for $20.[/QUOTE]

Same, same. Really want M:UAG, but everything else looks pretty blah. Also, I would get Transformer, as the eBay price for S-M3 dropped once the movie left theatres, while TF came out last week.

[quote name='z3razerviper']I had the same thing just get a copy of the ad and take it to best buy and they will make it work for you they did form me.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Official policy is no PM 'free with purchase' offers, or some BS like that. Same goes for Wally World and CC.

My gf went to a TRU that had MUAG but not transformers. They called another one that had Transformers but not MUAG. So they told her to buy Transformers and take it and the receipt to the other and theyll give her the MUAG as the freebie etc so WOOT! Hope its all its cracked up to be.

[quote name='Will']My gf went to a TRU that had MUAG but not transformers. They called another one that had Transformers but not MUAG. So they told her to buy Transformers and take it and the receipt to the other and theyll give her the MUAG as the freebie etc so WOOT! Hope its all its cracked up to be.[/QUOTE]

Best RPG on the 360 right now IMO.....well unless your a diehard Oblivion fan. Plus its 4 players.

I really want Marvel for the PSP, but nothing else looks good. I was tempted to get Transformers for either 360 or PS3 (the commercials make it look pretty cool). However, after 1up tore it 10 assholes in their review, I'm not so sure.

Since I live about 100 miles from the nearest TRU, if some one would like to strike a deal in which they buy two decepticon versions in store and I would buy two autobot versions, we could just swap games so we both get both games. PM me if any one is interested.

[quote name='Scrubsy']Since I live about 100 miles from the nearest TRU, if some one would like to strike a deal in which they buy two decepticon version in store and I would buy two autobot versions, we could just swap games so we both get both games. PM me if any one is interested.[/quote]

Why not just buy one of each if you wanted them both?

[quote name='allout1986']Why not just buy one of each if you wanted them both?[/quote]Website has only autobot version.

Bought both PS3 versions of Spider-Man 3 and Transformers (because they ran out of Spider-Man 3 for Xbox 360) but I'm going to return Transformers for the Xbox 360 version. Spider-Man 3 for PS3 is so ugly.

Thanks OP, I scored both Transformers DS games. I've been playing a little of the Autobot one and it isn't too bad. Good luck to everyone and I hope everyone gets what they're looking for.:D

i want transformers and spiderman 3, but both games received terrible ratings.
Transformers : 61% : http://gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/932116.asp

Spiderman 3 : 68% : http://gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/932030.asp?q=spiderman%203

The other ratings for games included in this deal:

Shrek 3 : 60% : http://gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/935725.asp?q=shrek%203

Marvel Ultimate Alliance : 83% : http://gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/932586.asp?q=ultimate%20alliance

***These rankings only apply to the Xbox 360 versions of the game***

Is TRANSFORMERS really that bad? This is the game i really want.

http://www.gamerankings.com

It's Transformers...how bad could it be?

That's the route I went when I picked up Marvel Ultimate Alliance along with it. I might change my tune when I actually try it :)

Transformers is actually pretty fun to play but very repetitive... same with all platformers but I'm enjoying it a lot more than Armored Core 4 which bored the hell out of me.

thanks for posting the deal, i picked up the last two marvel ultimate allaince golds at my tru, my friend is buying the other one off me for 40.

I bought MUA:G exactly 45 days ago (the limit for a return). So I'm going to go to TRU and get a free copy of Spider-Man 3 if they have it in stock.

I was thinking of getting the Wii versions of Spidey 3 and Transformers, but Transformers is OOS. Dang, oh well. They aren't that great anyways so I hear, so I'll just wait till a price drop or two.

I imagine most of these game will go under $20 by Thanksgiving. The only good game worth picking up is Ultimate Alliance.

Thanks again, OP.

I successfully price adjusted my 45 day old receipt for Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold and got Spider-Man 3 for free. And today was the last day I could have done so (since games have a 45 day return window).

If I had the cash I would do this for MUA:GE and then it would be a toss up with Transformers and Spider-Man 3. Also seeing how I have a PS3 and only one game for it I would get Transformers or Spider-Man 3 for it unless the 360 yet again has more for one of them 2 games. Untill MUA:GE came out I thought MUA would be my second game for the PS3 but from what I hear the Gold Edition for the 360 has more now then the PS3 version of the game. Wonder if I will ever get a PS3 game that is only on the PS3 or have more for it then it would on the 360.

I wish I could find MUA:GE! I wanted that and Transformers 360, both sold out at my TRU. Was going to sell Transformers on eBay, and MUA: GE would have been about $20 :)

This was a good deal, got PS3 Transformers and 360 MUA:GE.

Don't forget - TRU is also giving a free 'Real Gear' Transformer with $25 worth of Transformers stuff - and the games count. I got the little camcorder looking dude for free...

Nobody want to go in on buying two decepticons, and I would buy two autobots since the website doesnt have decepticons? I really want these games and I know somebody out there must want both of them as well.

[quote name='cwalker3']Don't forget - TRU is also giving a free 'Real Gear' Transformer with $25 worth of Transformers stuff - and the games count. I got the little camcorder looking dude for free...[/quote]

Hmm, all platforms count? I looked on the website Sunday morning, and it only listed the DS and PSP versions as "eligible", so when I was picking up the game later that day I also made sure I had $25 worth of the toys (some of which are also on sale), and got one free Real Gear guy. Guess I could have scored two, but I bet I would have had to split the transactions.

MUA: GE for Xbox 360 is out of stock on the website (has been since around noon when I first read about this deal). Anyone know if TRU tends to restock during these deals, or is that it?

[quote name='splintercell']Hmm, all platforms count? I looked on the website Sunday morning, and it only listed the DS and PSP versions as "eligible", so when I was picking up the game later that day I also made sure I had $25 worth of the toys (some of which are also on sale), and got one free Real Gear guy. Guess I could have scored two, but I bet I would have had to split the transactions.[/quote]
Like I said, I got the PS3 version, and it counted for the free toy.

So my TRU doesn't have any copies of Spider-Man 3 (PS3 or Xbox 360), so I picked up MUA and Transformers for Xbox 360. For some reason they said MUA: GE wouldn't count towards the B1G1 since it wouldn't ring up. I was pissed...anybody able to snag a copy of the GE in stores? Anybody have extra codes for the DL content they can PM me?

[quote name='RiCeBo1']I was pissed...anybody able to snag a copy of the GE in stores? [/quote]
Yes, I got the 360 Marvel Gold Edition, PS3 Transformers, and a free Transformer toy all for $60. Everything rang up just fine, with no special action needed by the cashier.

Got Transformers with a Free Real Gear Robot called Longview (Autobot) and Spiderman 3 all for $59.99 + tax. I am still weary about the purchase as both games recieved sub-par reviews. I already had Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and think that it is the best game on the 360 besides Gears of War. I think I am going to hold off opening the products until I get some more feedback. If anyone would care to share thier experiences with these games it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I orginally got my MUA from BB after price matching sears for $40, on release date, Sold it for $31 bcuz i wanted the extra content but wasnt foolish enough to buy through marketplace. been trying to find it cheap and WAHLA! this deal comes along. and i was thinking about getting Transformers. So this just means i spent about $37 on transformers, thank you TRU.

Im definitely gonna buy spiderman 3 but im still debating whether or not to spend 30 on transformers for PS3 because i keep hearing how bad it is.

bread's done
Back