Buy 1 get 1 free on select activision games at toys r us

bb_88

CAG Veteran
I don't know if this was posted or not. But just bought spider-man 3 (ds) for the full retail price and got transformers (ds) for free at toysrus.com.

(added by CheapyD)

Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Wii/DS/GBA

Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Gold)
360/PS3/Wii/PS2/Xbox/PSP/GBA

Spider-Man 3
360/PS3/Wii/PS2/DS/PSP/GBA

Shrek The Third
360/Wii/PS2/DShttp://www.toysrus.com/product/inde...ation=false&promoId=2780127&parentPage=search/PSP/GBA

Transformers
360/PS3/Wii/PS2/DS/PSPhttp://www.toysrus.com/product/inde...ation=false&promoId=2780127&parentPage=searchhttp://www.toysrus.com/product/inde...ation=false&promoId=2780127&parentPage=search

Ok, so I went back to TRU after giving them a call to see if they had any copies of Spider-Man 3 and they got one in today so I went back and returned MUA and Transformers. I then bought Spider-Man 3 and I don't know why but MUA:GE works. I don't understand why it didn't work this morning when they tried it but it worked now. I played an hour or so of Spider-Man 3 and I don't know if I should've stuck with Transformers. What you guys think?

[quote name='seanr1221']I think both are crappy ;)

Marvel is an amazing game though, good choice there.[/QUOTE]
Haha but see the thing is I've been had MUA for the PS3 since like December. So buying it again was pretty worthless, but whatever I wanna play as Venom :)

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Haha but see the thing is I've been had MUA for the PS3 since like December. So buying it again was pretty worthless, but whatever I wanna play as Venom :)[/QUOTE]

Id suggest digging up another PS3 game and doing a 2-for-1 deal at EBgames.

Or FYE will give you 35.00 after 45% bump for it.

checked my local TRU for transformers today...

girl at the counter said they sold out of the game for EVERY system yesterday, and i was already the fifth person who asked about it today around lunchtime.

apparently this sale is pretty popular... a lot of the other games were sold out for some systems, or they only had a couple copies.

anyway, for those in similar 'sold out' situations, she said they were expecting more copies of all the games later in the week because of the sale... so here's hoping i can still get myself a transformers!

Thanks OP! I picked up MUA:GE and Spider-Man 3 in store today. I was going to bite online but saved on the shipping. Good Stuff.

I didn't realize how crappy activision's games are lately. I'm just going to wait until MUA 360 drops to $30 and save myself the other $30 wasted on another one of these games.

Spider-Man 3 should be called Spider-Man 2.5 :lol: But it's still fun even though it's pretty repetitive. Now I'm debating whether or not I should open MUA:GE or exchange it for Transformers. Decisions decisions!!

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Spider-Man 3 should be called Spider-Man 2.5 :lol: But it's still fun even though it's pretty repetitive. Now I'm debating whether or not I should open MUA:GE or exchange it for Transformers. Decisions decisions!![/QUOTE]

The extra content on Marvel is worth way more playtime than the Transformers game.

Hm, I'm tempted. How good is Marvel: Ultimate Alliance? I'm kinda a comic fan, love the heroes. I liked Spider-man 3, so I'm considering getting those 2. (360)

[quote name='limesqueeze']Hm, I'm tempted. How good is Marvel: Ultimate Alliance? I'm kinda a comic fan, love the heroes. I liked Spider-man 3, so I'm considering getting those 2. (360)[/QUOTE]

Have you ever played either of the X-Men Legends games? The playability is similar, except MUA is far superior.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']The extra content on Marvel is worth way more playtime than the Transformers game.[/QUOTE]
That's what I'm thinking, but I already have MUA for the PS3 since December. Guess I'll just play the new one and trade in the PS3 version for NCAA '08 :)

If anyone is interested. My order shipped from toysrus.com. If you want Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold Edition for $37 (thats for the shipping price included) I'll break even on the half after tax and shipping so its a win win situation if you only wanted that. It will be sealed and everything. Since I haven't recieved it yet....i just wanna see if they'res any takers, send a PM if interested

I picked up spiderman and transformers for the 360. I haven't tried spiderman yet, but for $30 (definitely not worth $60), Transformers isn't bad. It's not a deep game, and it has the typical camera and control issues most movie tie-ins have, but it's not as bad as the reviews make it seem. If you even kinda liked the movie, you'll probably dig this game.

I may get Transformers 360 an Spiderman Wii...I have a 20% off any ONE item coupon..can I use that on the Transformers game and still be in on this offer?

This couopn BTW is double sided and heavily laminated so I doubt they would take copies. The barcode is on the back.

Is Transformers free roaming?

[quote name='cleaver']What's the deal with MUA Gold? What does it have and which system should I get it on?[/quote]
Only on 360 my friend... Extra characters and extra Live achievments.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']I may get Transformers 360 an Spiderman Wii...I have a 20% off any ONE item coupon..can I use that on the Transformers game and still be in on this offer?

This couopn BTW is double sided and heavily laminated so I doubt they would take copies. The barcode is on the back.

Is Transformers free roaming?[/quote]
Questionable on that coupon. The system may take the 20% off off the free one before it's made free. Only way to know for sure is to try.

Clarification:

I'm willing to bet it will apply the coupon first, taking 20% off of one of the games. Then it will make the cheaper game free, therefore nullifying the coupon. But as I stated, try it and if it doesn't work, ask them to remove the coupon from the transaction.

Transformers is free roaming, but very limited. You can wander around the city before you enter a mission, but there aren't many missions to pick from. I've only played it for a few hours, but you have one story mission at a time, and there are a few hidden side missions. You can also look for hidden cubes to unlock bonus stuff.

Thanks op. I picked up transformers and spider man both for the ds and got the red gadget transformer for $28 (after using the $5 transformers gift card).

MUA:GE doesn't come with any special code to DL the extra content does it? It's all built in on the disk right?

Note: Playing as Venom is worth the purchase by itself, he fucking rules!

Is the Collectors edition of Spiderman 3 part of the deal?

I asked an employee and they didnt know...because they only had the empty display cases and no actual games.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']MUA:GE doesn't come with any special code to DL the extra content does it? It's all built in on the disk right?

Note: Playing as Venom is worth the purchase by itself, he fucking rules![/QUOTE]

It's already built in. It's a new pressing.

[quote name='JokerCard']Is the Collectors edition of Spiderman 3 part of the deal?

I asked an employee and they didnt know...because they only had the empty display cases and no actual games.[/QUOTE]

Probably, but you would pay for the more expensive game and get the lesser game for free.

I picked up Spiderman and Transformers for 360. I'll try TF, but I have a feeling I'll be trading it in along with a couple other games at EB with the extra $20 for Dirt.

Well I jumped on this deal with a friend. We decided to go in half on Transformers and Marvel. So far I am enjoying Transformers, while, it appearent it is a flaw game; I think it's good enough for any fan of the series.

Marvel is also a very good game.

NOTE: In the store is says the deal was only good for the non-gold edition, however, I brought just brought up the gold edition and it worked without any problems.

sweet nice deal I picked up transformers and tony hawk for the wii and Transformers decepticons and spiderman 3 for the Ds I allready had the autobots verson or I would have got that instead of spiderman3

damn, NO copies of Transformers (360) and Spiderman 3 (360) at the Dadeland TRU in Miami, Fl.

i'm gonna check the Kendall TRU after work.

I was going to get TF for the PS2 as a gift for a friend. We went to two of the three TRU in the area, before asking someone if they could call the third. All were out of it..

[quote name='steverl22']Me too...[/QUOTE]
I wanted Transformers but I already have MUA and COD3. I rarely play them. Is Transformers/Spiderman 3 worth it?

[quote name='Dreday']I wanted Transformers but I already have MUA and COD3. I rarely play them. Is Transformers/Spiderman 3 worth it?[/QUOTE]

I rented Spidey when it came out, and I liked it. Just not enough to justify $60. For $30, I think it's absolutely worth it. If you liked Spidey 2, then you'll like Spidey 3. It can be frustrating, but it can be fun, too.

I thought this was YMMV at the Times Square Toys R Us, but it seems like it is nationwide. I snatched up what I could for Wii and PSP.

I called my local TRU and had them place 2 UAG for me. I'm going to keep one and sell the other to a friend. If he's not interested, does anyone want it? Let me know if you are interested in any other game and I might pick those up too if they are available.

I don't know if this has been discussed already but I am bummed, I waited all week for the website to fix their PS3 transformers link and show it as PS3 instead of 360, I just had a feeling I would get sent the wrong one, went to a B&M and they were out of it, and then as soon (that I noticed) that they fixed the online link it's sold out. That's real lame. Toys R US has sucked bigtime for the longest....

[quote name='azortex']I called my local TRU and had them place 2 UAG for me. I'm going to keep one and sell the other to a friend. If he's not interested, does anyone want it? Let me know if you are interested in any other game and I might pick those up too if they are available.[/QUOTE]

PM'ed

Just came from TRU at East Brunswick, NJ they didn't have Transformers for 360 but did still have a few copies of MUA:GE. I ended up getting MUA:GE and Spiderman 3 but more then likely I'll checkout another TRU to see if i can exchange for Transformers or return it elsewhere for cash.

Weird as this may sound, I actually bought MUA and COD3 during the first activision deal and they been left unopened :lol: so now more then likely I'll return MUA and COD3 elsewhere so I can get cash and hopefully COD3:GE or if anyone wants to make an offer feel free to pm ;)

If anyone else want a MUA: GE let me know, my friend wants the game so I don't want any other game. Gorge wants one, so if anyone else wants a game I'll check tomorrow. They had 3 left and some other on the list. Didn't look closely since MUA was the only one I wanted.

Like I told Gorge, I am not doing this to make money since this site has members that gets me great deals.

I'll charge you what I pay w/tax + shipping + PayPal fee they charge me. This is the only place where I will do this and not make money, but I won't lose money from PayPal.

bread's done
Back