Buy 1 Get 1 Free on Select games @ Target (YMMV?)

Bezerker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (97%)
Just got back from trading in some games at Target and was told & shown the printout stating that all the games with a Price Sticker & Barcode on the front of the case (see picture below) are Buy 1 Get 1 Free.  I did not read the fine print to see when the promotion ends, but it seems like a great deal as there are some pretty good games in the selection.

Photo Courtesy of Shipwreck (though im a bit worried about the games on his racks not having the barcodes on front)

Bn8tUimIEAAhmY5.jpg

Example of sticker:

Receipt Proof:

A main reason I put the YMMV tag in the title is that 3 of the stores I've been to keep all of the "specially marked" games in the back room gathering dust, so unless you have a DCPI, theres no way to tell what games they have for sale.  Each store that actually put them on the shelf has had around 50-100 titles, all varying and across 360, Ps3, Wii, Vita, DS, 3DS and PSP.

*EDIT* Removed "holiday 2013" branding as it was causing confusion.  Just calling them "specially marked" since its easier to summarize.

Last edited by a moderator:
They will forever sit in backroom purgatory
It's funny that you say that. This is a bit off topic, but earlier this afternoon I watched the 1991 movie "Career Opportunities" about a guy who became a night janitor at Target and gets locked in the store overnight with a really hot girl and some bumbling robbers. It was filmed inside an actual Target store near Macon, GA. The whole time I was watching the scenes happening in the back storeroom, I was thinking, damn, is this what it really looks like? Good movie, though, if you haven't seen it.

Was able to pick up Professor Layton and the Last Specter for 29.99 and got another copy for free, for the B1G1.
What!!!??? Was this today? I really wish this deal could have gone a little longer, as I only got to really start searching for some of the stockroom NCF titles during this past weekend. I did come away with some pretty nice finds, though. Managed to get the GTA V Special Edition (360) and Darksiders 2 Limited Edition (PS3) for $80 + tax, then Soul Sacrifice (Vita) and Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3) for $20 + tax on Saturday.

bread's done
Back