Buy 2 Get 1 Free at Gamestop during the week of June 10th!

KingofGames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
I was told yesterday at work that the District Manager called and informed us that B2G1F will more than likely be back during the week of June 10th. I don't know if it's a National sale, but I would assume that is the case. I work in a Southern California store, so at the bare minimum, I'd expect all of these stores to have the sale. If this has been posted, I apologize for the re-post.

Online: Buy 2 used games/dvds get 1 free: 3FOR2PO
step1.gif

ADD any two (2) in-stock preowned video games or DVDs valued at $29.99 or more to your cart.

step2.gif

ADD any in-stock preowned video game or DVD valued at $29.99 or less to your cart. This will be your free item!

step3.gif

Enter this coupon code into the shopping cart: 3FOR2PO

I took an early lunch. Just got back with:

God of War
Stella Deus
Grandia Xtreme-free

I hope this helps comfirm this deal. The manager told me it's gonna run until June 19th.

Is it possible to buy a used system, a used game and get another game free?
I did it with a gameboy before but im not sure with a real console.

[quote name='bobo2k4']Is it possible to buy a used system, a used game and get another game free?
I did it with a gameboy before but im not sure with a real console.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. Maybe if the person was dumb enough you could get away with it.

On the used system note, I got an N64 and 2 PS2 memory cards with the deal. This was the case the last time as well: used systems can count towards the deal as long as they're not the free item.

Just got back from the Software Etc. I got:

DarkStalkers-PSP
Doom 3 reg edition
First to Fight-free (I got this for a guy at my job who's gonna pay me $25 for it)

Just got back from Gamestop. Picked up six games:

-Alien Hominid (GC): $17.99
-Animal Crossing (GC): $17.99
-Viewtiful Joe (GC): FREE
-ESPN College Hoops 2K5 (XBOX): $17.99
-Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic (XBOX): $17.99[non PH]
-Crimson Skies (XBOX): FREE

And someone mentioned Brothers in Arms for $44.99, at mine it was $27.99.

I picked up the LOTR trilogy for $16 and some change after discountsw and 2 for 10 deal and buy 2 get the third free (all widescreen eiditions, perfect for my new TV)

The bad thing about these "deals are that the games they sell are overpriced $45, buy to $45 games $90 get 1 free. Wow u can buy those games for probably $30-35 a piece. So its basically a rip off. Best thing i to go and look for the PS1 games.

[quote name='gopro']The bad thing about these "deals are that the games they sell are overpriced $45, buy to $45 games $90 get 1 free. Wow u can buy those games for probably $30-35 a piece. So its basically a rip off. Best thing i to go and look for the PS1 games.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget that most people who get in on these deals use their discount card to get 10% off. I really don't think that essenntially getting $135 worth of games for $80 (plus tax in most states and no tax at all if you use any type of store credit) is a rip off. But hey that's just my opinion.

O yea forgot about that. I still think its better to go with the PS1 games. O well no matter.
IS this only today or is it weekend?

Hmmm must be because the Topic says "During the week of June 10th." So its is this weekend. If so then makes it all the better.

it is the 10th until the 19th. there is always a small chance of it getting extended, since almost all of them since i have been working there last august have been extended at least a little bit.

Well - I just came home with 6 games.

I had two separate orders to keep the cheapness as high as possible

Order 1:
$34.99 Lumines - PSP
$34.99 Donkey Kong Jungle Beat - GC
$00.00 Resident Evil 4 - GC
- 10 % off (Value Card)

Sub Total = $67.86

Order 2:
$24.99 Ghost Recon 2 - Xbox
$24.99 Bards Tale - Xbox
$00.00 Metal Slug 3 - Xbox
- 10% off (Value Card)

Sub Total = $48.47

Grand Total Including Tax = 116.33

Came back from my local GS. Got:

Rez - $34.99
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 4 - $29.99
Star Wars Jedi Outcast - Free

Total + tax - value card = $63.30

Had some other decent things, gonna go back next week.

[quote name='gopro']What is this Value card? Does it cost money?[/QUOTE]
Its 14.99 - and you get a subscription to Gameinformer - the current edition being the infamous Gears of War issue

And of course - it provides one with 10% off used titles, handy for those big spending buy two get one days ... like today :lol:

OH - FOR ANY INTERESTED CAG's:

Theres a Mint looking (i.e. Case/Manual, no idea about the disc) Resident Evil 3 Nemesis Gamecube Version sitting at the Larkin Avenue, Joliet, IL Gamestop - or there WAS , a few hours ago at least. Could come in handy with the buy two get one deal.........

[quote name='Hair6a11']Its 14.99 - and you get a subscription to Gameinformer - the current edition being the infamous Gears of War issue

And of course - it provides one with 10% off used titles, handy for those big spending buy two get one days ... like today :lol:[/QUOTE]

It also gives you an extra 10% on all your trade-in's.

DDR Disney Mix (PSX)- Disc Only
Suikoden IV (PS2)- Complete
Ehrgeiz (PSX)- Complete
$58.97 after tax.
--

Aristocats (DVD) - With case and insert (I don't know if this originally had a cardboard sleeve)
THX 1138 (DVD) - 2-disc Director's Cut, Complete
Point Blank (PSX) - Disc only
$22.59 after tax.
--

Sexy Beast (DVD) - Complete
T. R. A. G. Mission of Mercy (PSX) - Disc only
One Piece Mansion (PSX) - Disc only
$10.79 after tax.

Total $92.35. He had to do it as 3 separate transactions. When he first totalled it out as one transaction (I had put them in piles according to which should be grouped together), it came to $113.something. I spent more than I should have, but I think I did ok. BTW, I had specifically gone there for the DDR Disney Mix, since it showed up in the availability search, so it isn't like I just happened to find it there.

[quote name='buffdrew84']you will enjoy sphinx, it is by far my 2nd fav game of the current generation behind RE4[/QUOTE]

I'm still upset with Sphnix. Not that it is a bad title, but because of the game-ending glitch. I ended up getting about halfway through the game, got caught with the glitch, and now it is impossible to leave the room I saved in. I still haven't gone back to the game and I don't know if I will bother to.

Hair6a11 how would that make it infamous? I thought there was something controversial in it or something.

And Heffaji, give it another shot, the mummy parts are some of the best gaming moments ive ever played. I am so psyched to play batman begins because Eurocom (the sphinx dev) made it.

I went to my GS and I really didn't see all that much I was interested in, which kinda sucked. They had a copy of Point Blank but I dont have the gun nor do i know where to find one, they also had the Wu-Tang fighting game for the PSX for $10. They had Star Wars Battlefront & Republic Commando both used for $45, but I'm not sure if I wanna buy some games just for a deal. I already have such a huge backlog of games I have yet to play. Maybe I'll have to go in again and take a better look at their PSX selection, I just barely glanced through it.

Hey just so you guys know, the manager at my Gamestop says the sale ends on Sunday the 12th, as opposed to the 19th which was stated earlier

I spent most of the day Travelling, but I made off well.

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 (PS2)
Futurama (PS2 + XBOX)
Arc the Lad Collection (Ps1 Mint) (29.99)
Nocturne (PS2)
Skygunner (PS2)
Cubivore (GC)
Firefighter F.D. 18 (PS2)
Moto GP 2 (PS2 + XBOX)
Fatal Frame (PS2)
World of Outlaws (PS2)
Alien VS Predator: Extinction (PS2)
MGS2: Substance (PS2)
Document of MGS2
Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis (PS2)
Rollercoaster Tycoon (XBOX)
Gauntlet: Dark Legacy (GC + XBOX)
Jedi Outcast (GC + XBOX)
Air Force Delta Storm (XBOX)
Castle Shikigami 2 (PS2)
Metroid Prime 2 (GC)

A bunch of DVDs

by the by. I dont remember exactly where, but someone at one of the Stores AROUND Lewisville, TX, said he has a sealed Breath of Fire II (GBA)

If this was for new gba games...id be in heaven...

Anyway - I can't think of 2+ games that I'd actually want to play. Waiting for Atelier Iris and Makai Kingdom to come out tho...if those were out - i'd jump on this deal in a heartbeat.

I went today and unloaded some games I got for free at bestbuy with the $5 coupon and 3 other games which have sat on my tradelist for a while. Got $30 in credit

Bought
RE4 (39.99)
Ys: The Arc of Napishtim (34.99)
Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires (Free)

I was pumped to get DW4: Empires. I got DW4 right when it dropped to $19.99 and have really enjoyed it. The expansion packs never seem to drop in price. I still see DW3: Legends selling for 19.99 used. After credit and the gamestop card it came out to around $45.

I was forunate enough that they had 3 games I really wanted. It seems whenever EB or gamespot has the Buy 2, get 1 Free there are only 2 games I want and the 3rd one I get is always something I'm not really interested in and turns out to be a dud. I'll probably stop another gamestop tomorrow, but like others have mentioned I have quite the backlog now and with Killer 7 preorded and Digital Devil Saga arriving Monday I have way too many games to play.

I got:

Resident Evil 4 $34.99 (Mint, but no maunal. Didn't notice it for a while. Oh well.)
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat $34.99 (Like New!!! WOW!)
Growlancer Generations Free (Near Mint, complete)
Zelda: Minish Cap Guide $1.99 (Used, but minty)

Also finally got that Gamestop card or whatever...becase I also traded something in so after buying and trading stuff, it was worth it.

Also, there was supposed to be a woman that was supposed to come in to my local Gamestop and trade in like 800 DVDs for cash...because her local GS doesn't give cash or something (don't remember). However, the employee there said she never came in.....which makes him sad. I feel sad too. Said she needed money for a house or something.

There was all 4 .hacks there too. Thinking of getting parts 2, 3, and 4 but probably won't get it....

[quote name='Hair6a11']

OH - FOR ANY INTERESTED CAG's:

Theres a Mint looking (i.e. Case/Manual, no idea about the disc) Resident Evil 3 Nemesis Gamecube Version sitting at the Larkin Avenue, Joliet, IL Gamestop - or there WAS , a few hours ago at least. Could come in handy with the buy two get one deal.........[/QUOTE]

I think every chicagoland area GS got one Resident Evil 2&3 each.

[quote name='gopro']The bad thing about these "deals are that the games they sell are overpriced $45, buy to $45 games $90 get 1 free. Wow u can buy those games for probably $30-35 a piece. So its basically a rip off. Best thing i to go and look for the PS1 games.[/QUOTE]

i didn't get such a bad deal. i picked up:

Tales of Symphonia $17.99
Polar Express (It's a gift :lol: ) $17.99
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker FREE

God of War $44.99
Star wars Episode III $44.99
Dragon Ball Z: Sagas FREE

Demo of SWAT 4 FREE
Demo of Chronicles of Riddick FREE

Value Card -$12.60
Tax $8.79 (7.75%)
Paid $122.15 with store credit :D

Normal price brand new: $210.00 (plus tax)
Normal price used: $187.94 (plus tax)

:cool:

EDIT: if i don't like the games, i can always trade them back in to gr or wait for another deal at gamestop or eb, and probably make a profit LOL!

Over in Vancouver, WA. Went to the Salmon Creek store and picked up:

Resident Evil 4 $35.99
Super Smash Bros. Melee $24.99
WarioWare: Micro Minigame$ Free

not bad, might go check out some of the others and see what I can pick up.

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']I got

Paper Mario $24
Jedi Outcast (GC $34 and XBox $24)
DDR Disney Mix $34
Einhander $29[/QUOTE]

Nice find on Einhander, a lost gem. And damn lord! Who is that fine asian chick on your sig?!

jesus i totally forgot about this, i spent my evening raping gamerushes and could have hit a few gamestops in the vicinity.

i will check this tomorrow

[quote name='indy2029']Nice find on Einhander, a lost gem. And damn lord! Who is that fine asian chick on your sig?![/QUOTE]

I dunno, a buddy of mine on the Gamespot forums made it for me. And yes she is fine.

I went to picked 3x disgaea $39.99 each, but the store manager wouldn't let me. oh well, I did picked up ff anthology guide for $2.00.

Bellevue Square Mall Gamestop in Washington has RE3 and CVX for the Cube and DDR Konamix used with case. I debated getting them, but it cost too much right now.

bread's done
Back