Buy 2 Get 1 Free at Gamestop during the week of June 10th!

KingofGames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
I was told yesterday at work that the District Manager called and informed us that B2G1F will more than likely be back during the week of June 10th. I don't know if it's a National sale, but I would assume that is the case. I work in a Southern California store, so at the bare minimum, I'd expect all of these stores to have the sale. If this has been posted, I apologize for the re-post.

Online: Buy 2 used games/dvds get 1 free: 3FOR2PO
step1.gif

ADD any two (2) in-stock preowned video games or DVDs valued at $29.99 or more to your cart.

step2.gif

ADD any in-stock preowned video game or DVD valued at $29.99 or less to your cart. This will be your free item!

step3.gif

Enter this coupon code into the shopping cart: 3FOR2PO

[quote name='WeaponX2099']I think every chicagoland area GS got one Resident Evil 2&3 each.[/QUOTE]

Oh , cool. So whatever happened to RE2/3 actually being *rare* though.

The only thing I picked up so far is three guides for $2 a piece.

KOTOR 1 - good condition
KOTOR 2 - good condition
FFVIII - okay condition

I'm going to keep KOTOR 1 and I might trade the other two.
My tradelist

Does this deal also work for different product. Like I could buy 1 Ps2 game and 1 used stratigy guide and get a free Ps1 game.

Or does it have to be for the same console or product.

[quote name='Liquidrmx']Does this deal also work for different product. Like I could buy 1 Ps2 game and 1 used stratigy guide and get a free Ps1 game.

Or does it have to be for the same console or product.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if strategy guides are included, but, other than that, yes, you can mix product categories.

I hit mine today to look it over and it was pretty well stocked. I really don;t want to spend any money but they doi have three games I'm interested in.

They had a brand new .Hack 4 for $25 in the used section. I'm talking mint with the security strip still on it. Some bastard probably got it at CC for $5 and traded it in or something. They also had Ghost Recon 2, Otogi 2, and Demon Stone for $25.

Spending $50 for .hack 4, GR2, and Otogi2 might be too hard to resist.

I got Rambo I (special edition) 7.99
Rambo II (special edition) 5.99
Rambo III (special edition) and metal collectors case for the set: FREE.

Not a bad 13 dollars (after gamecard savings)

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar'] Demon Stone for $25.
.[/QUOTE]

Not really that good a deal... I've seen it used for as low as 16.99.

i think im going to hit my GS today since i've been seeing a lot of games that i wanted to get soon. i hope i can pick up nocturne, stella dues, and digital devil saga if they are all still there.

picked up

.hack 3 (ps2 COMPLETE) $24.99
.hack 4 (ps2 COMPLETE) $24.99
That 70's show, season 2, 4disc dvd boxset FREE (was $24.99, COMPLETE)

also got in on the membership thing to save 10% more.

and with that completed my .hack collection (though i only finished part 1 so far ;) )
along one of my fav TV shows!
thanks guys!

Would it be wrong to go to Gamestop and pick up three used $5 games, one of which is free (therefore I only pay $10 with my value card) then go to Gamerush and trade those 3 games in to get a used game? It sounds awfully enticing to do so, but I wouldn't flop, I would end up keeping the game.

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']I got

Paper Mario $24
Jedi Outcast (GC $34 and XBox $24)
DDR Disney Mix $34
Einhander $29[/QUOTE]

[quote name='indy2029']Nice find on Einhander, a lost gem. And damn lord! Who is that fine asian chick on your sig?![/QUOTE]

Forget Einhander (which is still a good find). I'm really impressed with DDR Disney Mix! :shock:

:applause:

Congrats on the other member who picked it up as well. I remember almost buying it new a while back when I was buying Konamix but I decided against it. Now I'm kicking myself for it.

As someone else also mentioned, what's the deal with RE2 & RE3 on the Gamecube? Didn't those use to be rare? I remember seeing those quite a bit when looking at the different Gamestops here for the deal.

I picked up:

Band of Brothers DVD Box set $49.99 (too bad I didn't get it at $45 like davelin did)
Godfather trilogy DVD Box set $39.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne $39.99 (free, been trying to find this one and finally got a copy at a decent price and in great condition)

Sky Gunner $9.99
Mad Maestro $4.99
Abe's Odyssee $4.99 (free)

[quote name='Sk8erlink7']Would it be wrong to go to Gamestop and pick up three used $5 games, one of which is free (therefore I only pay $10 with my value card) then go to Gamerush and trade those 3 games in to get a used game? It sounds awfully enticing to do so, but I wouldn't flop, I would end up keeping the game.[/QUOTE]

The sale is ending soon anyways, might as well milk it for all it's worth.

So I had an interesting time with this deal today. I picked up Marvel vs Capcom 2 (w/o manual, case pretty banged) for $40, Tales of Destiny 2 (complete, discs are absolutely mint) for $25, and got Shadow Hearts Covenant for free, and I also picked up the GS card so my total was $79+ change. Well I got home and remembered that I don't really like fighting games so I returned MVC2 for $43.15 in cash and I ended up getting a complete copy of Breath of Fire 3 for $19 and change.

So I got BOF3, ToD2, SH:C, and the GS card for $55. I think i made out pretty well.

And I forgot to add that I knew one of the guys working there at the GS and he hooked me up with a new copy of SH:C instead of a used one.

:)

[quote name='guessed']I don't know if strategy guides are included, but, other than that, yes, you can mix product categories.[/QUOTE]

I picked up 3 used strategy guides today with no problems.

And for those wanting confirmation on whether or not it works w/ used systems, YES it does -- provided that the used system isn't the free item.

i.e.: I picked up a slim PS2 ($130), EyeToy Play w/ Camera ($30), & got The Jetsons Season 1 ($20) for free.

[quote name='rperez1025']
I picked up:

Band of Brothers DVD Box set $49.99 (too bad I didn't get it at $45 like davelin did)

[/QUOTE]

The $44.99 is with the 10% off with the GS card.....
I heard great things about this series, can't wait till I have some free time to watch it.

[quote name='davelin']The $44.99 is with the 10% off with the GS card.....
I heard great things about this series, can't wait till I have some free time to watch it.[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok. Yeah, I haven't seen this series yet either but since I couldn't find another choice for the deal and I've also heard good things about it I picked it up.

Thanks for the deal OP. I got:

God of War = 44.99
Tekken 5 = 44.99
Ys: Ark of the Napishtim (Disc Only) = Free

Shadow Hearts Covenant = 17.99
Burnout 3: Takedown (Disc Only) = 17.99
Sudeki = Free

I know I could have gotten a better deal on Burnout 3, but I really didn't see any other 17.99 games of interest. Still, 6 games for roughly $140 isn't bad. :)

[quote name='DragoonKnight']Thanks for the deal OP. I got:

God of War = 44.99
Tekken 5 = 44.99
Ys: Mark of the Napishtim (Disc Only) = Free

Shadow Hearts Covenant = 17.99
Burnout 3: Takedown (Disc Only) = 17.99
Sudeki = Free

I know I could have gotten a better deal on Burnout 3, but I really didn't see any other 17.99 games of interest. Still, 6 games for roughly $140 isn't bad. :)[/QUOTE]

It's actually Ys: The ARK of Napishtim ;) Great game and a great pick-up! As were all your choices (cept for Sudeki.... *shudder*)...

Bah! I just found out that my Blockbuster was doing the trade in 3, get any PO game for $5 (we don't have a GameRush, so this is pretty rare for us to get an offer like this)!

And the GameStop deal ended yesterday! I could've picked up all those crappy games and used them towards something worthwhile! Boo!

I didn't have any problems today. I'm pretty sure it's for the whole week.

Picked up today:

Magic Pengel $9.99
Ring of Red $9.99
Starfox Adventures $9.99 (free)

Mission Impossible N64 $2.99
Minnish Cap guide $1.99
Four Swords guide $1.99 (free)

Jet Force Gemini guide $1.99
Kingdom Hearts guide $1.99
Ocarina of Time guide $1.99 (free)

[quote name='rafissaying']did this deal really end already????[/QUOTE]

My GS didn't have any signs up or anything and they had them up before.

EDIT* I just called and they said they're having it until next Sunday. WTF?

Well, I didn't expect to use this deal again, but I went to a different GS in my travels today, and I found an offer I could not refuse. Seasons 1, 2, and 3 of the Sopranos. Now, I had just recently bought Season 2 from another CAG, so I was debating on that one, but there was nothing else that I felt would be worth even close to $40, so I decided to go ahead and get it. However, it turned out that there had been a mix up. They had sold someone else a Season 4 box with the Season 2 discs, and what they had was the Season 2 box with the Season 4 discs. So, even though I didn't get the right box for Season 4, it still isn't bad for about $78 after tax (used my GS card for 10% off). I'll try to check back at the store to see if the person who bought the S4 box returns it.

[quote name='Hollywood']Anyone have a list of prices for preowned DS games? It's not even on Gamestop's site.[/QUOTE]

24.99 for 29.99 titles, 27.99 for 34.99 titles seems to be the norm.

[quote name='KingDox']I got the GTA:SA guide, Kingdom Harts Guide & Unreal Champ guide for under 4 bucks. Great deal[/QUOTE]
yeah I get most of my guides used from GS for about $1.80 each after card discount. Beats paying more than $15 each buying new.

[quote name='KingDox']I got the GTA:SA guide, Kingdom Harts Guide & Unreal Champ guide for under 4 bucks. Great deal[/QUOTE]

How long is it before they put reduce the price of a guide? Two weeks or something?

[quote name='addicted2games']yeah I get most of my guides used from GS for about $1.80 each after card discount. Beats paying more than $15 each buying new.[/QUOTE]

even at 2 bucks they are a deal. I the last guide I got there was Shenmue 2 guide for like 5 bucks. That wasn't the best deal in the world so I haven't really thought about getting more used guide. But now that I know I'll have to check more often. Also my 3 guides were in great shape & still had the posters in side.

I don't have the time to look for penny guides like the people here. Any penny guide I've ever found is for a crappy game, and I leave it for some other CAG to pick up.

This is so useless!!! OMG They jacked up the price on used games like $3-5. $40 used for a game that costs $40 new. WTH!?!?! So retarded Gamestop. Thats why i hate this place. I did see one game though amazingly. RE4 CE $50. But I didnt wanna waste my money on another game to make use of the "deal" so I passed. Gamestop sucks!

[quote name='gopro']This is so useless!!! OMG They jacked up the price on used games like $3-5. $40 used for a game that costs $40 new. WTH!?!?! So retarded Gamestop. Thats why i hate this place. I did see one game though amazingly. RE4 CE $50. But I didnt wanna waste my money on another game to make use of the "deal" so I passed. Gamestop sucks![/QUOTE]

I haven't noticed many price changes, can you show some examples?

ends saturday i think

Picked up some good stuff today

Brave fencer musashi complete with box and book and FF8 demo disk MINT
Granstream saga COmplete with box and book againt mint little to no scratch

ANd the biggest

Master of Monsters Complete with box book and little book (shows a list of monsters) Mint again little to no scratches.

Total price 20 bucks even

Brave 12.99
Master 6.99
Gran 5.99

since i used store credit no tax

they had ALundra 1 and 2 there for 14.99 and 9.99 both complete bad thing Alundra 1 has something black on the back of the game I picked up it and had it on few of my fingers (i hope it wasnt blood) so if someone wants Alundra 1 for 14.99 complete they got it just becareful when you pick it up. I think its OIL or something cause blood would be red this was black even when it smeared

[quote name='Kuros']I haven't noticed many price changes, can you show some examples?[/QUOTE]

I think he was exaggerating/overreacting. Most of the games I saw were their normal price, and the thought of them retagging every used game for this sale borders on ludicrous.

[quote name='slidecage']ends saturday i think

Picked up some good stuff today

Brave fencer musashi complete with box and book and FF8 demo disk MINT
Granstream saga COmplete with box and book againt mint little to no scratch

ANd the biggest

Master of Monsters Complete with box book and little book (shows a list of monsters) Mint again little to no scratches.

Total price 20 bucks even

Brave 12.99
Master 6.99
Gran 5.99

since i used store credit no tax

they had ALundra 1 and 2 there for 14.99 and 9.99 both complete bad thing Alundra 1 has something black on the back of the game I picked up it and had it on few of my fingers (i hope it wasnt blood) so if someone wants Alundra 1 for 14.99 complete they got it just becareful when you pick it up. I think its OIL or something cause blood would be red this was black even when it smeared[/QUOTE]

I remember that copy of Alundra. :puke: I just don't want to imagine the conditon of the disks.

Ok. Games that sell for $40 new are $40 used. I didnt see any newer games. Games that sell for $20 new sellf or $20 used. Thats the reason I dont shop their often. They like adding $3-5 on the used games because of their Game Card thing. Those dummies. They sell new games for $53. They always add on another $3 to the New games (Not even new games; games that been out for 1 year are still tagged $53). Thats why I cant stand Gamestop.

[quote name='gopro']Ok. Games that sell for $40 new are $40 used. I didnt see any newer games. Games that sell for $20 new sellf or $20 used. Thats the reason I dont shop their often. They like adding $3-5 on the used games because of their Game Card thing. Those dummies. They sell new games for $53. They always add on another $3 to the New games (Not even new games; games that been out for 1 year are still tagged $53). Thats why I cant stand Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that really sucks, that GS must be in BFE with no local competition. That is not standard practice.

[quote name='gopro']Ok. Games that sell for $40 new are $40 used. I didnt see any newer games. Games that sell for $20 new sellf or $20 used. Thats the reason I dont shop their often. They like adding $3-5 on the used games because of their Game Card thing. Those dummies. They sell new games for $53. They always add on another $3 to the New games (Not even new games; games that been out for 1 year are still tagged $53). Thats why I cant stand Gamestop.[/QUOTE]
My GS has never done this. Dont know why yours does. The new prices are what everybody else sells the games at. No adding 3-5 dollars at all.

[quote name='Sk8erlink7']How much do the 2004 EA sports titles usually cost?[/QUOTE]

Madden 2004 is 2.99, others are simiarily priced I assume... the local store only had Madden, and about 15 copies of it.

[quote name='guessed']Wow, that really sucks, that GS must be in BFE with no local competition. That is not standard practice.[/QUOTE]

No. Its actually in a Mall. Located in the heart of the city. Hawaii. Honolulu, Ala Moana. I have no idea whyd they do that? Thats why I dont shop there often, last time I went was Febuary or somrthing to pick up my Xenosaga2.

bread's done
Back