Buy 2 get 1 free on Nintendo DS games at Bestbuy.com for MyNintendo members

poopy

CAGiversary!
Step 1 open a MyNintendo account at Nintendo.com if you don't already have one

Step 2 register your Nintendo DS with your Mynintendo account

Step 3 Go to this link
http://www.nintendo.com/bestbuyds/

Step 4 follow the link to Bestbuy's website that Nintendo gives you and order your games

*Not yet confirmed whether it works with Pre-orders or not*

From Nintendo's site:
"Online only offer. Savings will be reflected in your cart when all promotional requirements are met. If you remove any of the qualifying items from your cart or cancel all or part of your order, you will not receive the promotional savings. This offer is not valid in combination with other offers. Offer good only at BestBuy.com; promotion not valid in store. Offer may only be redeemed once during the two week promotional period. Shipping charges shall apply to free item. Items must ship to a single mailing address. Items may ship separately. Promotion expires on September 15, 2006. Offer subject to change.

Offer good in the U.S. only (excluding Puerto Rico). Offer is valid only to My Nintendo members who have (a) registered a Nintendo DS, and (b) become or already are members of BestBuy.com. Promotion applies to Nintendo DS titles only. Free game must be a Nintendo DS title of equal or lesser value that BestBuy.com has in-stock. All three games must be purchased during the same transaction."

Thanks OP. Too bad there are only 2 games I really want (Star Fox and Mario Kart). Hopefully my cousin wants a game and we can split up the cost of the games accordingly.

so anyone had the balls to try and add Baten Kaitos Origins (GC)? it's under the DS category. :lol:

Edit 1: tried it, no can do. shucks. :cold:

the quickest way by far, to see if a game works w/ this promo, is to add it to your cart and update qty to 3.

I've found that Lego Starwars II works :) Still no love on Mario Hoops or Star Fox tho. Oh, and I wish madden was in stock.

weird if you click on the promotion details at bestbuy.com it says
Promotion expires on September 30, 2006.

I'm just gonna wait until the 15th and see if more preorder games are available.

There are so many awesome DS games coming out between Now (starting with Star Fox) and Christmas. I am going to try and hold offf, because I got way to many DS games in backlog as it is, but I really want Mario Hoops.

Upon further consideration. I planned on ordering 3 copies of Mario Hoops and selling 2 of them and getting my copy for like $10 or so. Unfortunatly, they dont let me do this with Mario Hoops.

[quote name='M3wThr33']Baten Kaitos for the Cube is in the DS section. I bet you could get a discount on it[/quote]
Tried it...doesn't work

It's working for me, but I have a question:

If I order, say, Pokemon Ranger, Harvest Moon, and Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (has farthest release date), is the order not going to ship until Zelda releases? Or do they ship items seperately?

Hmm, the only instock game want is Lost Magic. I am trying to order that and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Children of Mana (Surprised that FF III, Lunar Knights, and Dragon Quest Heroes are not on the site yet) but no dice. I actually tried adding three of Lost Magic to the cart and didn't get the discount...

Will this deal still work if we choose "In-Store pickup?"

I was reading the details of the offer:
"Offer good only at BestBuy.com; promotion not valid in store... Shipping charges shall apply to free item. Items must ship to a single mailing address."

But I'm assuming you just to purchase online... right?

[quote name='sabin23']Will this deal still work if we choose "In-Store pickup?"

I was reading the details of the offer:
"Offer good only at BestBuy.com; promotion not valid in store... Shipping charges shall apply to free item. Items must ship to a single mailing address."

But I'm assuming you just to purchase online... right?[/quote]

Yes, that's how those promotions work. Simply order online and pick up in the store. I do that all the time.

People please think logically here...the expiration say Sept 12 price match in store and get Mario Hoops, Rocket Slime, and another game (Starfox or a pre-order Zelda, Contact, Castlevania, etc)
If they will not due it in store ( as the deal says On-Line Only) simple tell them to fuck off and go to Circuit City or Wal-Mart.
Thank-You,Thank-You I be here all week!

BB has preorders for some pretty random titles. I was hoping to PO Elite Beat Agents, FF3, and Zelda DS, but out of those 3 they only take preorders for Zelda.

[quote name='Cpt Hooks']Brain Age will be the free game, as it is the least expensive![/QUOTE]

That's what I was afraid of. Maybe I'll just get Mario Kart with the order and get Tetris free.

Thanks, but none of the games I want work.

StarFox
Mario Hoops
Mario vs Donkey Kong
Castlevania

Only Zelda works.

[quote name='Cpt Hooks']People please think logically here...the expiration say Sept 12 price match in store and get Mario Hoops, Rocket Slime, and another game (Starfox or a pre-order Zelda, Contact, Castlevania, etc)
If they will not due it in store ( as the deal says On-Line Only) simple tell them to fuck off and go to Circuit City or Wal-Mart.
Thank-You,Thank-You I be here all week![/QUOTE]

From what I have encountered Walmart will not price match buy# get # free sales nor online sales. CC probably will, though.

Dang it! I want to pre-order these 3 godly games as B2G1 free!

Zelda: PH
Castlevania: PoR
Children of Mana (FF3 is better if they had it!)

man I wondered if i could try to get b2g1 from online to pick up store cuz dang the shipping is killing my pocket ;

Grrr...SO many great DS games coming out in the next few months! Check out IGN's preview feature on the front page right now. There's more than enough games there for me to get by with only a DS! (And they don't even list Zelda there).

Wish more games worked on this. I wonder if I'd like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon? It sounds like it's a Nethack/Diablo-esque game? Could be really fun...or really bad. I've kind of wanted to try a Harvest Moon game also-especially a portable one, since it seems like the gameplay would lend itself to that. And I'm still kind of interested in Lunar (even though it's supposed to be bad), and Lego Star Wars...but I'm assuming the DS version won't be as good?

[quote name='monkeypox']zelda and harvest moon seem to work. anyone got thoughts on lost magic? I've heard it's only so-so.[/quote]

You can find Lost Magic pretty cheaply on eBay. The game is very challenging but lacking in the story/fun part. I put it down permanently after about ten hours.

^^^ Good idea! (on making a list of games that work).

Has anyone gotten Yoshi Island 2 to work? I want Pokemon Pearl, but i guess that doesn't have a N.A. release date yet. I'd go for Pokemon Dungeon, Yoshi 2, and Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, if those three would work. (I really want Mario v. Dk 2, but others have said it doesn't work.)

[quote name='utopianmachine']

If I order, say, Pokemon Ranger, Harvest Moon, and Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (has farthest release date), is the order not going to ship until Zelda releases? Or do they ship items seperately?[/quote]

I called Best Buy to find out the answer to my question. If you preorder three different games that come out at different times, you'll have three different packages shipped to you.

I'm waiting until a little closer to mid month. Hopefully, Contact will become a choice. I'd like to preorder Pokemon Ranger and Contact and a third title of some sort, perhaps Harvest Moon or Dragon Quest Heros: Rocket Slime, should it become available.

Wow the 10% off stacks with the offer. My total for 3 34.99 ds games comes to 66.13 after tax, so 22 bucks for each game.

[quote name='P dad']Nintendo site won't let me use my Japan DS Lite to reg???????
Any ideas??[/QUOTE]

You might be SOL, I have a Japan DS Lite too, but I was lucky in that I registered the original DS.

Except that no 3 games that work currently interest me.

So word is Harvest Moon and Zelda work, but not Castlevania or Starfox... WTF. Anyone try to get in touch with BB and let them know about the fact that we can't add a game that is IN STOCK and on the DS to this deal?? (That game being StarFox)

Maybe better not, 'cause I'm not sure Starfox is that great, and at least it's working on SOME preorders now.

Not sure if I should go ahead now, or wait longer and see if more become available...and we're sure this only works once?

blah...does anyone know if best buy online is pretty cool about switching pre-ordered items? i grabbed mario, mario kart, and zelda but i just checked other sites and zelda's date on best buy is wrong...it's not scheduled to come out until next march.

I cna;'t get it to work with pre-orders. irt's driving me nuts.

Yeah this sucks.

Correction: Can't get it to work with pre-orders I want. Oh well.

bread's done
Back