Buy 2 get 1 free on Nintendo DS games at Bestbuy.com for MyNintendo members

poopy

CAGiversary!
Step 1 open a MyNintendo account at Nintendo.com if you don't already have one

Step 2 register your Nintendo DS with your Mynintendo account

Step 3 Go to this link
http://www.nintendo.com/bestbuyds/

Step 4 follow the link to Bestbuy's website that Nintendo gives you and order your games

*Not yet confirmed whether it works with Pre-orders or not*

From Nintendo's site:
"Online only offer. Savings will be reflected in your cart when all promotional requirements are met. If you remove any of the qualifying items from your cart or cancel all or part of your order, you will not receive the promotional savings. This offer is not valid in combination with other offers. Offer good only at BestBuy.com; promotion not valid in store. Offer may only be redeemed once during the two week promotional period. Shipping charges shall apply to free item. Items must ship to a single mailing address. Items may ship separately. Promotion expires on September 15, 2006. Offer subject to change.

Offer good in the U.S. only (excluding Puerto Rico). Offer is valid only to My Nintendo members who have (a) registered a Nintendo DS, and (b) become or already are members of BestBuy.com. Promotion applies to Nintendo DS titles only. Free game must be a Nintendo DS title of equal or lesser value that BestBuy.com has in-stock. All three games must be purchased during the same transaction."

[quote name='ajumbaje']not working

prefer to get pokemon blue rescue, mario hoops, and phantom hourglass

i clicked the link through nintendo(while i was logged in there), added items at bestbuy, then checked the cart and it has the total of the 3 games[/quote]

Mario Hoops doesn't work. Add PH, Pokemon Blue, and one other "older" Nintendo game (like NSMB, SPP, MPH, AC: WW) and it will work. You can also choose Pokemon: Ranger as your 3rd game and it will work.

[quote name='icruise']That is what I did. It seemed to work OK online. I wasn't charged shipping for the 2 I'm picking up, and was charged $1.99 for the preorder's shipping. However, I ordered last night and still haven't gotten the email containing the details about how to pick up the other two games. I called and supposedly they're still checking if they're in stock. Like that takes all day... So we'll see.[/quote]

They're having problems with the 'ready to pick-up' emails this weekend. I did the same thing and all I received about an hour after my order went through was a blank email. I called BB customer service to see what was up and they said it was a computer glitch they were aware of this weekend and that my games would be ready at the store, just bring my ID and credt card. Sure enough my games were waiting for me at the store.

[quote name='marctina']"From what I'm reading the offer is not good for in store pickup, but then again I could be wrong. Hope you get your games :)[/QUOTE]
Not valid in store just means that you can't walk into the store and expect them to honor it. There's no reason to think that you can't do in-store pickup, since you ordered online.

[quote name='lawdood']They're having problems with the 'ready to pick-up' emails this weekend. I did the same thing and all I received about an hour after my order went through was a blank email. I called BB customer service to see what was up and they said it was a computer glitch they were aware of this weekend and that my games would be ready at the store, just bring my ID and credt card. Sure enough my games were waiting for me at the store.[/QUOTE]
OK, that's encouraging. The person I spoke to at BB customer service was pretty clueless.

Hmm... it comes out to about 24 bucks a game for me after shipping and tax. Not sure I want to bite on this one; if I could only get damned Mario Hoops 3-on-3 to work, I might do it...

To all the people claiming this isn't working... clear out the cache/cookies in your browser. I tried a few configurations and eventually it stopped working for me, too. It's just a caching issue. Now that I say this, though, I'm curious to see if that might be the reason some games didn't seem to work for some people... this bears investigating...

In case anyone was wondering, it doesn't work on the DS Lite bundles as far as I can tell. I doubt if they intended this to work this way, but $300 is still kind of pricey for original DSes.

Just got the 10% off email today and I really tried to find 3 games I wanted, but because I can't get the ones I really want, it's just not worth it. No Starfox, no FFIII, no Portrait of Ruin. Oh well, guess I'll stick to GGCs.

[quote name='catapult37']To all the people claiming this isn't working... clear out the cache/cookies in your browser. I tried a few configurations and eventually it stopped working for me, too. It's just a caching issue.[/quote]

Clearing out the cache doesn't seem to be necessary. I deleted all of Best Buy's cookies and set Proxomotron to 'bypass' and that seemed to work.

The first time, I made it all the way to checkout, and then when I logged in, the total went back to 3 x MSRP.

But, the next day, I got one of the magic 10% off emails, so I tried again. Worked like a charm the first time -- I got the free game and the 10% extra discount.

Ordered 3 Zelda's last night, got one free and 10% off. Plus, for some reason after I refreshed my cart during checkout the sales tax was gone - total with shipping was just under $69. . Since I couldn't get other games I wanted to work I will try and exchange or sell the 2 extras. Heck, if I can sell the 2 for $60-70 I could end up getting Zelda for $0-10. I'll take that.

[quote name='kell']Ordered 3 Zelda's last night, got one free and 10% off. Plus, for some reason after I refreshed my cart during checkout the sales tax was gone - total with shipping was just under $69. . Since I couldn't get other games I wanted to work I will try and exchange or sell the 2 extras. Heck, if I can sell the 2 for $60-70 I could end up getting Zelda for $0-10. I'll take that.[/QUOTE]
I just did the same thing. Hopefully they honor this despite the delayed release.

The best way to test if a game can qualify for this deal is to add 3x of that game to your shopping cart and then look at your subtotal. You'll see that games like Zelda and Harvest Moon qualify while sadly Castlevania and Mario Hoops do not. I know people hare previously reported success with Mario Hoops but I have not been able to duplicate it.

I got Tetris DS, New Super Mario Bros., and Metroid Prime: Hunters and chose in-store pickup, then used the 10% off email, so it came out to $68. Whoo hoo!

I had stuff in my cart and removed them. Now it doesn't work. It says in the fine print to not remove any items or deal is dead.

Remember folks, Mario Hoops does come out on the 12th, and the deal ends on the 15th. So hopefully once the game is actually in stock and no longer a pre-order, the deal will work. Or at least that's what we can hope. Unfortunately it looks like Starfox is just tagged wrong in their database or something. I can't get any configuration with it to work. I'm assuming somebody updates the BB site at least weekly. Maybe come Sunday it will work itself out? There's no reason why it shouldn't work (there's nothing in the gloss that says anything about no new release games or anything...). Ah well.

roc's feather;2174154 said:
Remember folks, Mario Hoops does come out on the 12th, and the deal ends on the 15th. So hopefully once the game is actually in stock and no longer a pre-order, the deal will work. Or at least that's what we can hope. Unfortunately it looks like Starfox is just tagged wrong in their database or something. I can't get any configuration with it to work. I'm assuming somebody updates the BB site at least weekly. Maybe come Sunday it will work itself out? There's no reason why it shouldn't work (there's nothing in the gloss that says anything about no new release games or anything...). Ah well.
But 10% off expires before then. Today, I think.

I just got an e-mail from Best Buy stating that Star Fox Command is NOT part of this promotion. Those of you holding out for better games might need to reconsider.

I'm pretty sure this won't work, but there is no harm in asking. Can I order these online and choose instore pickup, and then use a Gamer Gift Card in the store to get five dollars off the games? Like I said, I doubt this will work, but if it does that would be great

I know this has been asked several times, but I couldn't find a definite answer. Is it possible to buy three games using in-store pickup and then exchange them later, or does buying them online preclude one from making an in-store exchange?

Yep, it looks like they "fixed" the problem. What that means it seems is that all in stock games (like starfox) work like they should, however preorders do not work anymore. ....I wanted Harvest Moon.... :cry:

Can someone else confirm this. I didn't try every possibility. It will be interesting to see if Mario Hoops works on the 12th...

What a great deal! Glad I found this, I've been looking to pick up NSMB and was going to go with the $5 off coupon from buying a game gift card but this is way better.

Ordered NSMB, Starfox Command, and Mario and Luigi Partners in time all for in store pickup for $74 and some change!

Thanks OP!!:applause:

Yeah, preorders don't seem to work anymore. I tired all different combinations it was a no go. Combinations of in-stock games worked though. Looks like I'll have to skip this deal.

Boo! Who was it that brought that to the attention of Best Buy? All to get a (probably) lousy Star Fox game?!? BOOO!!!

This deal's no good for anyone who already owns the DS games they want :(

(Okay, I'm being mean about Star Fox. It might be great, but I hated the N64 one so much that I skipped the Gamecube one. I loved Starfox Adventures, but then it dosen't really count.)

I'm fine with the fix, cuz all the preorders I wanted come out next week anyways (assuming they will work then). Probably will be even better, since hopefully local pickup wil be available.

[quote name='Puppy']Boo! Who was it that brought that to the attention of Best Buy? All to get a (probably) lousy Star Fox game?!? BOOO!!!
[/quote]

Yeah, I'm ticked, but a little glad. I really didn't need to spend the money. But I still was wanting to preorder some games. I was hoping they would list Contact for preorder before the deal ended, then I would have gotten Pokemon Ranger, Zelda, and Contact. So much for that.

Well, on the plus side it can still be used for Mega Man ZX, Cooking Mama, Mario Hoops, Harvest Moon, and Mechassault since it expires Friday.

[quote name='furyk']Well, on the plus side it can still be used for Mega Man ZX, Cooking Mama, Mario Hoops, Harvest Moon, and Mechassault since it expires Friday.[/quote]

Let's cook Mama!

That would be interesting. Thanks for the head's up on the new releases. I sure would like Cooking Mama. I'll keep checking the deal out as the releases get closer.

I picked up Tetris (x2) and Starfox.

Is it just me or does the end date for this promo say 9/30/06?

Since they seem to have fixed the deal with regard to preorders, this is kind of a moot point, but I see from my online credit card statement that the deal worked how I hoped it would. I was only charged $33.93 for Mario Kart Ds and Mario & Luigi and won't be charged for Zelda (the preorder) until it comes in. That could be months.

According to Nintendo this offer expires on the 15th. But the "See offer details" popup on Best Buy says the 30th. If this offer runs until the end of the month, the odds of me making a purchase goes up dramatically as DQ Heroes: Rocket Slime gets released on the 19th and Mario v DK2 comes out on the 25th.

DS games of September (per GameFAQs.com):

week of 09/11
Mario Hoops 3 on 3, Cooking Mama, Harvest Moon DS, LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Tri..., MechAssault: Phantom War, Mega Man ZX, Konductra

week of 09/18
Bratz: Forever Diamondz, Danny Phantom Urban Jungle, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescu..., Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime, Open Season, The Suite Life of Zack & Cody: ...

week of 09/25
Alex Rider: Stormbreaker, Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of t..., Bubble Bobble Revolution, Mage Knight: Destiny's Soldier, Rainbow Islands Revolution

Yeah, if it goes till the 30th, I could see myself splurging for 3 out of Mega Man ZX, MechAssault, Mario vs. DK2, and Mage Knight.

Somebody asked if it has been used twice, but there wasn't an answer, if it could be used more than once I'll definitely be picking some stuff up.

I think it probably can be used twice, as long as you sign up for different accounts (probably need a new one on nintendo.com and on BB.com)

bread's done
Back