Buy 2 get 1 free on Nintendo DS games at Bestbuy.com for MyNintendo members

poopy

CAGiversary!
Step 1 open a MyNintendo account at Nintendo.com if you don't already have one

Step 2 register your Nintendo DS with your Mynintendo account

Step 3 Go to this link
http://www.nintendo.com/bestbuyds/

Step 4 follow the link to Bestbuy's website that Nintendo gives you and order your games

*Not yet confirmed whether it works with Pre-orders or not*

From Nintendo's site:
"Online only offer. Savings will be reflected in your cart when all promotional requirements are met. If you remove any of the qualifying items from your cart or cancel all or part of your order, you will not receive the promotional savings. This offer is not valid in combination with other offers. Offer good only at BestBuy.com; promotion not valid in store. Offer may only be redeemed once during the two week promotional period. Shipping charges shall apply to free item. Items must ship to a single mailing address. Items may ship separately. Promotion expires on September 15, 2006. Offer subject to change.

Offer good in the U.S. only (excluding Puerto Rico). Offer is valid only to My Nintendo members who have (a) registered a Nintendo DS, and (b) become or already are members of BestBuy.com. Promotion applies to Nintendo DS titles only. Free game must be a Nintendo DS title of equal or lesser value that BestBuy.com has in-stock. All three games must be purchased during the same transaction."

[quote name='icruise']I think it probably can be used twice, as long as you sign up for different accounts (probably need a new one on nintendo.com and on BB.com)[/quote]

You don't need a new one on Nintendo. You do need a new one on Best Buy.

I did the deal once, then tried it again using the same accounts and the discount didn't show up. I logged into a second Best Buy account I made (when I was in-store and using a kiosk and couldn't remember my original account's password) and it worked fine.

I ended up not making the second deal, due to lack of games I really want.

So, I'm thinking about pre-ordering Zelda Phantom Hourglass, BUT in the preview thing on Best Buy, it makes it sound like he has to find the hourglass within a time limit or something...Does anyone know if this game is timed or anything like Pikmin?

It's not good anymore. They're making all the good games inelgible for the deal. It's crap.

They say it goes until 9/30.

There are some games that area already out that don't work.

Madden 07 and Super Mario Brothers 64 don't work to name a couple. Basically any game worth buying is not allowed. They're trying to get rid of the games they can't sell.

[quote name='Swingman']There are some games that area already out that don't work.

Madden 07 and Super Mario Brothers 64 don't work to name a couple. Basically any game worth buying is not allowed. They're trying to get rid of the games they can't sell.[/quote]

SM64 worked a couple days ago

[quote name='Swingman']There are some games that area already out that don't work.

Madden 07 and Super Mario Brothers 64 don't work to name a couple. Basically any game worth buying is not allowed. They're trying to get rid of the games they can't sell.[/quote]

Mario Hoops, Megaman, and Starfox are all I care about. I bought Mario 64 a few years ago and don't buy Sports games yearly.

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']Mario Hoops, Megaman, and Starfox are all I care about. I bought Mario 64 a few years ago and don't buy Sports games yearly.[/QUOTE]

I was just proving that it wasn't just preorders that don't work. It would be nice if they made it clear which bad games we could use in the deal instead of having to check each one.

Madden 07 and Super Mario Brothers 64 don't work to name a couple. Basically any game worth buying is not allowed. They're trying to get rid of the games they can't sell.[/QUOTE]

Madden 07 and SMB 64 both work for me.

I contacted BB customer support:

I am Cris with Best Buy Customer Care.

Thank you for contacting Best Buy about the Nintendo DS Buy 2 Get 1
offer.

In order to take advantage of this promotion, please check that the
following conditions are met:

1) Customers who have already registered on My Nintendo.com received an
email for the offer.
2.) The only way you can get the offer is if you are logged into My
Nintendo. If you are not logged in, you will not get the offer.
3.) Only Nintendo DS titles are eligible.
4.) Pre-sell titles are not eligible. Only titles that have already
released.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. We
look forward to your next visit to one of our stores or to
www.BestBuy.com.

Thank you,

Cris
Best Buy Customer Care Team

If you want Mario Hoops 3on3 like I do, you should be able to order that Tuesday.

So can anyone support my decision of Mario Hoops, Starfox and *Suggest title here*? I heard Starfox looks bad but I was interested in it...I'm thinking of Megaman but can't decide...>_< Too many decisions.

I might do Lego Star Wars II and 2 of Mario Hoops/Tetris/Madden/Super Mario 64

I went back and tried to get SM 64 to work and it did this time. Not sure what was up last time. Tetris worked but that didn't so I know I had signed into mynintendo.com correctly.

Is megaman even on best buy's site? I haven't seen it. I was going to get star fox but the reviews have scared me off. Might pick it up from the cheap bin down the road.

How do you get the 10% off coupon? Do you just have to sign up for Bestbuy.com? Because I made an account yesterday.

I bet tomorrow Mario Hoops or any new releases still won’t work…. Well anyway does anyone know at what time Best Buy will update their site?

[quote name='MetalBuu']How do you get the 10% off coupon? Do you just have to sign up for Bestbuy.com? Because I made an account yesterday.[/QUOTE]
I think this round of coupons has already been sent out, so you probably shouldn't count on getting one.

[quote name='icruise']I think this round of coupons has already been sent out, so you probably shouldn't count on getting one.[/QUOTE]
Damn :cry:

If anyone has one of these coupons they don't want, would you PM it to me? It would help me a lot.

[quote name='MetalBuu']Damn :cry:

If anyone has one of these coupons they don't want, would you PM it to me? It would help me a lot.[/quote]
They usually only last two days, so I think they expired last week anyway.

[quote name='Follandboy']

4.) Pre-sell titles are not eligible. Only titles that have already
released.

[/QUOTE]
Uh oh. I hope they don't cancel my 3 Zeldas.

Just got off the phone with Best Buy's online system, btw they first say they have no idea about this promotion then they say they have full knowledge.

He stated that it is not applicable for pre-ordered games. The three I want do come out this week, so I am ok with waiting till the end of the week to get them. He kept saying "should" which pissed me off. A simple yes or no, finally I got him to say that it will. Which is a pretty simple statement.

I am getting Mario 3 on 3 Hoops, Harvest Moon and Lego: Star Wars. I am iffy on the Harvest Moon, I havn't played it for a while but I have not been hearing wonderful things for this title that has been in development since I think the DS was first announced.

[quote name='bingbangboom']I am iffy on the Harvest Moon, I havn't played it for a while but I have not been hearing wonderful things for this title that has been in development since I think the DS was first announced.[/quote]

agreed. HM didn't get such a favorable review in Nintendo Power; i don't know what kind of weight you put on their opinions, but i think they're usually okay, and they were less than impressed with DS HM's mechanics and gameplay. i'd rather not take a chance, but who knows? if you're a fan of the series, maybe you'll have some fun. here's hoping!

[quote name='botticus']They usually only last two days, so I think they expired last week anyway.[/QUOTE]
Oh, ok. That's too bad for me I guess.

I am iffy on the Harvest Moon, I havn't played it for a while but I have not been hearing wonderful things for this title that has been in development since I think the DS was first announced.

Actually it's been out quite some time in Japan. Unfortunately, the first release was marred with glitches, and they had to re-release it to iron the bugs out. Anyway, the point is that it's been in localization for a long time, not development. The Harvest Moon team has already begun development on two new HM titles, Rune Factory and the other one based on an island.

Tried Mario Hoops 3 0n 3 this morning and not only was it backordered, but it did not work. 3 copies of Pokemon Mystery Blue no longer worked either?

I wish this deal would just cooroperate with me.

I was trying to get Star Wars, Metroid and Mario Kart, but it looks like Star Wars does not work yet. Anyone able to get it to go through?

I went ahead and just did Madden 07, Tetris and Super Mario 64. Only 63 bucks after tax. I wanted to get Star Wars but oh well.

ugh... i wanted to get mario hoops, megaman zx, and cooking mama. megaman and cooking mama come out today but neither are on bestbuy.com :(

[quote name='will0957']ugh... i wanted to get mario hoops, megaman zx, and cooking mama. megaman and cooking mama come out today but neither are on bestbuy.com :([/quote]

Thats the combo i also wanted. Has anyone been able to make this deal in-store pick-up?

Thats the combo i also wanted. Has anyone been able to make this deal in-store pick-up?
Yes. In store pickup works. And if they ask why one of the games rung up as $0, just tell them that it was a special online deal. (It's not like your lying... I'm just saying because they asked me) I got Starfox, Metroid Hunters, and Mario 64 DS for $68.XX

I'm pricematching it at the store...I printed it out. They told me they pricematch their site once and it says they do on their website so I'm gonna try that.

I just tried about 30 different combinations. I even registered my DS Lite even though my original was already registered. I did some with pre-orders and some without. I'm logged in to my account on nintendo and also to my best buy account. Nothing worked. :(

Unfortunately this is turning out to be one of the more maligned deals in recent memory. None of the games that people seem to want work, and the couple that do go on and off untill they are fubar-ed entirelly. One wonders what's going on behind the scenes here.

I didn't get to use it because they didn't have Megaman. They said they don't get the extremely popular releases when they're supposed to come out. Thursday should be the day.

I just got off the phone with Best Buy, and they said that they are experiencing some technical difficulties with online purchases. You can purchase it over the phone though the tech support guy told me.

Mega Man ZX is awesome,. sure, but if you can't think of 3 other existing DS games ya want, you're being awfully picky.

bread's done
Back