Buy 2 get 1 free on Nintendo DS games at Bestbuy.com for MyNintendo members

poopy

CAGiversary!
Step 1 open a MyNintendo account at Nintendo.com if you don't already have one

Step 2 register your Nintendo DS with your Mynintendo account

Step 3 Go to this link
http://www.nintendo.com/bestbuyds/

Step 4 follow the link to Bestbuy's website that Nintendo gives you and order your games

*Not yet confirmed whether it works with Pre-orders or not*

From Nintendo's site:
"Online only offer. Savings will be reflected in your cart when all promotional requirements are met. If you remove any of the qualifying items from your cart or cancel all or part of your order, you will not receive the promotional savings. This offer is not valid in combination with other offers. Offer good only at BestBuy.com; promotion not valid in store. Offer may only be redeemed once during the two week promotional period. Shipping charges shall apply to free item. Items must ship to a single mailing address. Items may ship separately. Promotion expires on September 15, 2006. Offer subject to change.

Offer good in the U.S. only (excluding Puerto Rico). Offer is valid only to My Nintendo members who have (a) registered a Nintendo DS, and (b) become or already are members of BestBuy.com. Promotion applies to Nintendo DS titles only. Free game must be a Nintendo DS title of equal or lesser value that BestBuy.com has in-stock. All three games must be purchased during the same transaction."

[quote name='gus311']"This deal will only work on games that were out BEFORE the deal started. I'm pretty sure it started on the second or third of this month. That means no Mario Hoops, no MMZX, no Cooking Mama, no preorders, etc. It's true that this stipulation is not in the offer details, and is apparently not printed anywhere publically, but that's how the deal works according to whatever internal memo this phone rep was reading to me. So it's not an error that you can't get some games to work with it. It IS an error on Best Buy's part that the documentation for the deal is so frustratingly poor"

This memo dosen't make any sense since the deal started the first week of september 1st and was suppose to run untill the 15th, games like madden 07 and star fox which came out after the deal started are currently working now.

Best Buy is commiting fraud by saying that all ds games were suppose to be part of the deal and are now going back on their word. I'm gonna go and contact comsumer affairs since what Best Buy is doing is illegal and unfair to the consumers.[/quote]

Both Madden and Star Fox came out in August hence they work in the deal. Anything that came out this month won't work

can use this several times? cuz I just started colecting games for the DS

....no, YOU cant, however, you can just get anyone else to do it for you. They just need a different best buy login. Have someone else buy it, do in store pickup, and pay them. Siblings work great! Use your imagination. But as far as I can tell, you just need a new login.

Also the moment of truth is just around the corner.... will this deal work tomorrow or not.........

[quote name='lobitoh']hey furyk tell me when you made your purchase with the b2g1 in store with the new games[/QUOTE]

I didn't. My local BB had a shit selection so I decided to pass.

sorry if I ordered online , I purchase the games that may work in the B2g1 and then change the one that I dont need. Can it be done at the store?

[quote name='lobitoh']well then if the order of b2g1 online doesnt work on new games how can i do if a buy the promotion game and then change it at the store?[/quote]it looks like english, but i can't read it

[quote name='lobitoh']sorry if I ordered online , I purchase the games that may work in the B2g1 and then change the one that I dont need. Can it be done at the store?[/quote]

You can't change the games, it only works for games released before September. Its an online promotion so you can only pick up at the store if your store has the games but you have to actually buy everything online.

Its been posted that the deal only works for games that were currently in stock when the deal was started. If you try calling best buy you may be able to talk yourself into getting games that came out afterwards.

I just got off the phone with bestbuy.com. I tried to order Mario Hoops 3-on-3, Mega Man ZX, and Tetris DS. They all came up at $29.99!! Lady I spoke with said that two of the games I wanted were just previously released and to check back later. Bestbuy.com should honor the order since the deal states 'any Nintendo DS game'! Lady said the game had to be released and be for the DS to qualify -- Mario Hoops was out 9/12 and Mega Man ZX was out 9/15. I hope to get these with B2G1 deal. Best buy.com may be working on this since the deal seemed to have been extended from the first date of 9/15 to 9/30. Good luck.

[quote name='bigirish77']I just got off the phone with bestbuy.com. I tried to order Mario Hoops 3-on-3, Mega Man ZX, and Tetris DS. They all came up at $29.99!! Lady I spoke with said that two of the games I wanted were just previously released and to check back later. Bestbuy.com should honor the order since the deal states 'any Nintendo DS game'! Lady said the game had to be released and be for the DS to qualify -- Mario Hoops was out 9/12 and Mega Man ZX was out 9/15. I hope to get these with B2G1 deal. Best buy.com may be working on this since the deal seemed to have been extended from the first date of 9/15 to 9/30. Good luck.[/quote]

Thanks for doing that. I'll wait a few more days and I hope my combination works

(Mario and Luigi: Partners; Megaman ZX and something else...)
**any recommendations for the 3rd item btw?

I may have to take advantage of the Best Buy deal to pick up Harvest Moon, Dragon Quest Heros, and Mario Hoops. I may hold onto Mario Hoops (or some other game that I preorder) and trade it in for Contact. Mario Hoops is probably fun, but there just doesn't seem to be too much to do. Also, the Mario Hoops website is ridiculously juvenile.

Btw, anyone get the sweet Dragon Quest Heros keychain? A local GameStop employee saw me oogling it and said I could have it. I don't think he would have done that had we not just been discussing the awesomeness of Nintendo throwing in Wii Sports with the Wii Bundle.

B180154Ab.jpg

This is screwy. They really need to honor any game that is released during this promotion, in addition to what was released before the beginning of it. Excluding pre-orders I could understand, but only including games that were released before the promo began is wrong without proper indication. As someone else mentioned, it says "any ds game".

No go with Best Buy. They don't love us. Lego Star Wars may work next week. Otherwise, Best Buy is going to be getting a call from me. I want to take advantage of this promotion.

I was thinking maybe Best Buy did this so they can clear the inventory of old games before any price drops happened. Anyways, I'm gonna keep checking the website to see if cooking mama ever shows up because I would totally love to get that game for free.

[quote name='ceckman']How about just trying to exchange 1 game without the receipt. Do a google search on Best Buy return policy and you will see that people are reporting Best Buy will let you return/exchange items without a receipt but they take your DL # or some other form of identification and will not let you do it more than 3 times. This is in opposition to what their formal return policy says, i.e. that they always need a receipt. It's worth a shot.

I got 2 StarFox + Tetris and plan to try and exchange one of the StarFox for Mario v. DK2. I picked up instore and the StarFox I got has a big Best Buy $29.99 price tag with bar code on it. I'm having a hard time believing they won't let me exchange it for a game of the same price without the receipt, but we will see in a few weeks. If they won't let me do it I'll just eBay it.[/quote]

hey Ceckman did it worked?

Is Cooking Mama supposed to be Bestbuy's dirty little secret or something? Because I bought Cooking Mama in store yesterday, and yet the game still doesn't have a product page on bestbuy.com. I'm thinking that all of the problems that people are having with this deal are originating solely from the website shoddiness.

I'm gonna keep checking the website to see if cooking mama ever shows up because I would totally love to get that game for free.

If you're buying two games that are $30-$35 wouldn't you rather get a third game that costs as much rather than a $20 that is $15 after GGC?

i've had it with this Megaman ZX not being part of the deal.
so i bought it at Fry's for $24.99 instead. and now, sold out at most Fry's here.

[quote name='espy605']If you're buying two games that are $30-$35 wouldn't you rather get a third game that costs as much rather than a $20 that is $15 after GGC?[/quote]

I guess I'll just go in store to get Cooking Mama. That and Harvest Moon are the only games I really want.

I was able to get this deal to work for Mario Hoops and Mega Man ZX at my local best buy store.

I printed out the online ads and went to the customer service desk and told them about how only certain games worked. After the girl checked it out on the computer she called the manager over to show him how it only worked sometimes. After the manager looked, he said that there was probably something wrong with the best buy website and told the cashier to ring up the two games and to give me one for free. So I ended up paying about $65 for MArio hoops, Mega Man zx and Tetris DS.

Will every best buy do this? Probably not...but it's worth trying

[quote name='gus311']I was able to get this deal to work for Mario Hoops and Mega Man ZX at my local best buy store.

I printed out the online ads and went to the customer service desk and told them about how only certain games worked. After the girl checked it out on the computer she called the manager over to show him how it only worked sometimes. After the manager looked, he said that there was probably something wrong with the best buy website and told the cashier to ring up the two games and to give me one for free. So I ended up paying about $65 for MArio hoops, Mega Man zx and Tetris DS.

Will every best buy do this? Probably not...but it's worth trying[/quote]

Thanks! I'll try this tomorrow.. BTW, what exactly did you print out and showed the cashier?

I printed out a total of three pages

the first page was the one which had the buy 2 get one free offer

the second page was the deal with three games that worked (the ones I listed were mario kart, tetris and mario ds)

the third print out was the games that didn't work that i wanted (tetris ds, mario hoops and MegaMan Zx)

The best buy employee looked over the papers, tried the deal out, called the manager over and put the deal through.

I hope everything works out for you tomorrow rcx4

[quote name='lobitoh']hey Ceckman did it worked?[/quote]

Mario v. DK2 doesn't come out until next week so I will let you know then.

[quote name='gus311']I printed out a total of three pages

the first page was the one which had the buy 2 get one free offer

the second page was the deal with three games that worked (the ones I listed were mario kart, tetris and mario ds)

the third print out was the games that didn't work that i wanted (tetris ds, mario hoops and MegaMan Zx)

The best buy employee looked over the papers, tried the deal out, called the manager over and put the deal through.

I hope everything works out for you tomorrow rcx4[/quote]

darn... i bought mega man last week at BB. is it possible to like show the receipt plus those papers and get 2 games by just paying 1? long shot i know but had to ask...

[quote name='goddspawn']So Megaman and Star Fox don't work? That sucks. Does anyone know if Resident Evil DS works?[/QUOTE]

Star Fox works. Megaman doesn't. I think Star Fox is the latest release that works. Anything after probably won't.

darn... i bought mega man last week at BB. is it possible to like show the receipt plus those papers and get 2 games by just paying 1? long shot i know but had to ask...
I'm guessing almost zero percent chance. You're already pushing it since the deal is clearly online only. Combined that with trying to get it honored on a previous purchase using a game that doesn't even qualify online might be going too far.

There's really only one way to find out, though.

I'm going to wait until next week and get 2 copies of Mario vs DK 2 (one as a Christmas gift for my brother) and then I think I'll get StarFox and return it as the copy I already bought when it came out.

[quote name='newtype06']darn... i bought mega man last week at BB. is it possible to like show the receipt plus those papers and get 2 games by just paying 1? long shot i know but had to ask...[/quote]

A better way would be to use the deal to get 2 games plus Mega Man, and then return the new Mega Man using your old receipt....If you still have your old receipt that is.

[quote name='habloc']A better way would be to use the deal to get 2 games plus Mega Man, and then return the new Mega Man using your old receipt....If you still have your old receipt that is.[/quote]

yea i still do have the old receipt. you sure they'll refund that?

[quote name='newtype06']yea i still do have the old receipt. you sure they'll refund that?[/QUOTE]
why would they not refund with the old receiot if you brought it at regular price?

This has to be one of the most frustrating deals ever; absolutely no exclusion in the 'small print' for "new games," yet it's nearly impossible to put together an order of 3 games I want but don't yet have. I'm not sure if it's totally BB's fault, or if Nintendo and BB are having some kind of misunderstanding about the terms of the deal, but it's ridiculous. Arrrrrrgh!

This deal rocks................BB's implementation blows. For now I thinkI'll pass but I'll keep checking for an update. Thanks OP.

[quote name='Santurio']This deal rocks................BB's implementation blows. For now I thinkI'll pass but I'll keep checking for an update. Thanks OP.[/quote]

I agree completely! I have been and will continue checking to see if the deal cleans up before ending on 9/30.

[quote name='super_nerd']Woot, I finally see cooking mama on the website, gonna try and see if it works with this deal.[/QUOTE]Harvest Moon is in stock now also... but it looks like neither of these work. Why can't they make this stupid deal work properly??? It's getting so frustrating, and the month is almost over.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Harvest Moon is in stock now also... but it looks like neither of these work. Why can't they make this stupid deal work properly??? It's getting so frustrating, and the month is almost over.[/quote]
Yeap, I just tried and Cooking Mama and Harvest Moon don't work. (not the) Best Buy phails.

Bah I wanted to get both Castlevania's and Zelda with this deal. Not a single of them worked (or not in stock).

Im gonna take the printouts in store and see if i can get games from there. The site doesnt have nearly as much as the B&M will.

bread's done
Back