Buy 2 get 1 free on Nintendo DS games at Bestbuy.com for MyNintendo members

poopy

CAGiversary!
Step 1 open a MyNintendo account at Nintendo.com if you don't already have one

Step 2 register your Nintendo DS with your Mynintendo account

Step 3 Go to this link
http://www.nintendo.com/bestbuyds/

Step 4 follow the link to Bestbuy's website that Nintendo gives you and order your games

*Not yet confirmed whether it works with Pre-orders or not*

From Nintendo's site:
"Online only offer. Savings will be reflected in your cart when all promotional requirements are met. If you remove any of the qualifying items from your cart or cancel all or part of your order, you will not receive the promotional savings. This offer is not valid in combination with other offers. Offer good only at BestBuy.com; promotion not valid in store. Offer may only be redeemed once during the two week promotional period. Shipping charges shall apply to free item. Items must ship to a single mailing address. Items may ship separately. Promotion expires on September 15, 2006. Offer subject to change.

Offer good in the U.S. only (excluding Puerto Rico). Offer is valid only to My Nintendo members who have (a) registered a Nintendo DS, and (b) become or already are members of BestBuy.com. Promotion applies to Nintendo DS titles only. Free game must be a Nintendo DS title of equal or lesser value that BestBuy.com has in-stock. All three games must be purchased during the same transaction."

Ok. I got this deal to work kind of. I ordered three titles that I didn't care about (NSMB, Partners in Time, and Mario Kart) for instore pickup. I did a return and buy and got two copies of Rocket Slime instead of NSMB and Partners in Time. Because Mario Kart was labled as "free" it was not exchangable (I also got the B&M is seperated from Bestbuy.com spiel again). The only thing that is important to remember is that buy titles that are of exact equal value that do work with the deal and to remember to get a "free" game that you are willing to do something about (let it be keep, ebay, etc). The guy was rather sympathetic to me (after I told him about my the stress this has caused me) and to do this it did not require a manager whatsoever.
I came out with DQ:Rocket Slime x2 and Mario Kart for $75.09

This is only necessary if you can't get the phone service to do the order and if they won't PM the site in the B&M store.

I've also noticed that Bestbuy.com has actually been worked on so that games released before September do work but games released in September don't.

well, it is a nice deal, sux for me though that i can't currently afford the two games. oh well, maybe next time. thx for the shout out!

I got this to work in store yesterday. I picked up Mario Kart, M&L PiT, and Rocket Slime. But... I got it for $60 before tax. The CS person goofed and PMd the list of games that I got the deal to work with, which were all $30 games. She PM'd all of them down to 30 and then gave me one free. :whistle2:# Yay me!

I got:

Star Fox Command
Mario Hoops 3 on 3
Harvest Moon DS

Out of all of those, Starfox is the only one that work with the on-line offer, so this is what I did:
I put the games in my shopping cart and called customer service. Long story short - they were no help at all. They said that since the offer is sent through a link via Nintendo's site, there was no way to access the deal so they couldn't verify it. So I decided to just pay for the games in full and pick it up at a store. I printed out the Nintendo page, and the Best Buy page, and headed out. I figured, if worst came to worst, I'd just return them.
Basically, when I got there, I explained to the lady that I purchased the three DS games, but there was no discount!
"It must be some sort of mistake," I explained - then I showed her the print-outs. I also told her that I called the on-line department on the phone. I lied by telling her that they said they were having problems with the web-site, and that they should be able to fix it at the store.
They rang it up to see if the discount would be deducted automatically, and it didn't, so they asked me to try ordering again with one of their computers. Of course, it didn't work. I showed them though, that when I order three Star Fox's, it would give me the discount. "That's odd," she said.
I asked her, "If I order the three Star Fox games, would you be able to just exchange two of them for the games I want?" (They were all $29.99, by the way.)
She spoke to a manager, and said they would. So, in the end, I completed the order by paying for the three Star Fox games, and then they did a "no receipt" exchange so I could get the other two games.
So, yeah. This seems like the best way to get a discount on the newly released games. Try it out. It took a long ass time though, but it was worth it, since both Star Fox and Mario Hoops sell for $34.99 at Gamestop!

That's just too much work for me.

If they don't get this thing working by tomorrow-ish, I'm giving up. And then I'm stopping by Fry's to pick up the one game I really want, Rocket Slime, while it's still on sale.

Seems like this is a good deal if you're just getting started on your DS library, but waaaay too much work if you actually want to get newer stuff. Thankfully, I'm in the first category--got NSMB, M&L: PiT, and Tetris.

I called customer service and they must have figured it out now.

They knew the correct explaination right away. The deal only works with games that were released prior to the beginning of the offer. In other words, it won't work on any games released in September.

While I did mention that the offer details on both the Nintendo and Best Buy page don't actually specify this, I didn't bother fighting for the games that I did want because the details did specify that it only works on in-stock items and the games I wanted are on backorder. Nevermind the fact that StarFox is also on back order yet it works with the deal right now.

So I'm getting StarFox, Mario & Luigi, and New Super Mario Bros., all of which I already own. I can return StarFox without hassle. I'll try exchanging Mario & Luigi and New Mario for other games. Worse comes to worse, I can just return all of it. I couldd also use them as gifts (which I would have to buy for some kids I know anyways) or donations (Child's Play, Toys for Tots).

I went to Best Buy at WestBroad in Richmond. They wouldn't honor the deal. This is insane. If anyone is putting together some kind of group complaint, please let me know. I'm pissed.

[quote name='myiamoto']I went to Best Buy at WestBroad in Richmond. They wouldn't honor the deal. This is insane. If anyone is putting together some kind of group complaint, please let me know. I'm pissed.[/quote]

Tecnically speaking it does say online only but I'll join a bash Worst Buy group. I could price match this at my circuit city back home since there's a ton of sexy girl cashiers and an old manager who won't care as long as I have something in print; I guess you could try a price match somewhere if you really want this deal.

[quote name='olanmills']I called customer service and they must have figured it out now.

They knew the correct explaination right away. The deal only works with games that were released prior to the beginning of the offer. In other words, it won't work on any games released in September.

While I did mention that the offer details on both the Nintendo and Best Buy page don't actually specify this, I didn't bother fighting for the games that I did want because the details did specify that it only works on in-stock items and the games I wanted are on backorder. Nevermind the fact that StarFox is also on back order yet it works with the deal right now.

So I'm getting StarFox, Mario & Luigi, and New Super Mario Bros., all of which I already own. I can return StarFox without hassle. I'll try exchanging Mario & Luigi and New Mario for other games. Worse comes to worse, I can just return all of it. I couldd also use them as gifts (which I would have to buy for some kids I know anyways) or donations (Child's Play, Toys for Tots).[/quote]

This is crap. They don't have it 'figured out.' This is not one of those deals where you're trying to talk them into breaking the rules--you're trying to talk them into FOLLOWING the rules. I'm still in the "research department" after 3 days. Tomorrow night I'm calling back and reading the riot act if they don't give me my free game.

I got a hold of a sales rep on the phone tonight. She put my order in with the third game for free. I got:

mega man
dragon quest heroes
mario vs donkey kong 2

she didn't even ask any questions when I said there was a buy 2 get one free deal. Hopefully, my pickup order won't have any problems.

I'm going to the Best Buy in Clear Lake/Webster, TX today to try this out. Failing that, Pearland, TX. Wish me luck!

[quote name='eastx']I'm going to the Best Buy in Clear Lake/Webster, TX today to try this out. Failing that, Pearland, TX. Wish me luck![/quote]

Well good thing I didn't bother with that location(off 288). The thread is so long, didn't know it worked in store.

Sales Rep #1: Computer down

Sales Rep #2: "I'll call you back" (she didn't)

Sales Rep #3: It's B&M only. When I quoted the details that said online only, she said it was a typo.

Online Rep #1: Computer down

Online Rep #2: They can't honor Nintendo's offers. Tried to explain, but she kept repeating the same line over and over like she didn't hear what I said.

Supervisor #1: We'll look into that... Also claimed there's no way to place the order over the phone.

Online Rep #3: I know all about the details about the problem, I'll go ahead and place that order for you. $75.21 for DQH, MH3o3, and MvDK2.

See, it just takes an inhuman amount of persistence. I'd also like to note that the only person of any help was a fellow man. Sorry, I just had to say it...

Id like to get my hands on ALOT of DS games that i havent picked up...but this just doesnt seem like its worth the hassle. Ill just wait for a deal elsewhere :(

I have never in my life experienced a problem with Nintendo's customer service (and I've called them plenty of times over the last 13 years), so I thought I'd just let them know about the problem. The person I spoke with told me to call Best Buy initially, but once I explained the whole problem he took down all the info and said he'd have their promotions people look into it. He also said, and this is key, to let anyone else having a problem with this offer know that they should call Nintendo to let them know about their problems.

Bottom line: Nintendo wants feedback. Remember, it's Best Buy we're mad at, not Nintendo (yet). 1-800-255-3700... And yes, they are nice enough to allow pressing 0 to immediately connect you to an operator.

[quote name='Dogbert8']See, it just takes an inhuman amount of persistence. I'd also like to note that the only person of any help was a fellow man. Sorry, I just had to say it...[/quote]

:rofl::rofl::bow:

Xerxes, you *should* go to the Pearland store.

I went to Pearland, TX today asi said, and talked to customer service about the prob. They had a girl (possibly working the games department) try to place the order on one of their PCs, and of course she couldn't get it to work. She called her manager, and he decided something must be wrong with the website and approved pricematching the games. I asked her if I could get 6 games instead of 3 and she said she didn't mind. Nice girl. I scored:

-Dragon Quest Monsters Rocket Slime x 2 (last copies)
-Mario Hoops
-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
-Super Princess Peach
-Magnetica

All for about $140. Swish!

[quote name='eastx']Xerxes, you *should* go to the Pearland store.

I went to Pearland, TX today asi said, and talked to customer service about the prob. They had a girl (possibly working the games department) try to place the order on one of their PCs, and of course she couldn't get it to work. She called her manager, and he decided something must be wrong with the website and approved pricematching the games. I asked her if I could get 6 games instead of 3 and she said she didn't mind. Nice girl. I scored:

-Dragon Quest Monsters Rocket Slime x 2 (last copies)
-Mario Hoops
-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
-Super Princess Peach
-Magnetica

All for about $140. Swish![/quote]

Dammit East I need a name... What is the girls name...:bomb:

Yeah, be nice to Nintendo's people if you contact them. They've always been the nicest, most helpful people I've ever dealt with over the years (never for broken hardware I should add...) I wish more companies were like that.

This is basically a Best Buy thing, and they're clearly violating THEIR OWN RULES.

Xerxes, she was a barely chubby black chick. A Vietnamese girl was working customer service. Still, you've gotta hope for the same manager, who I didn't see. Try around 3 PM if you can and it may be cool. Don't forget to bring the printouts from Nintendo and Best Buy.com!

[quote name='ceckman']How about just trying to exchange 1 game without the receipt. Do a google search on Best Buy return policy and you will see that people are reporting Best Buy will let you return/exchange items without a receipt but they take your DL # or some other form of identification and will not let you do it more than 3 times. This is in opposition to what their formal return policy says, i.e. that they always need a receipt. It's worth a shot.

I got 2 StarFox + Tetris and plan to try and exchange one of the StarFox for Mario v. DK2. I picked up instore and the StarFox I got has a big Best Buy $29.99 price tag with bar code on it. I'm having a hard time believing they won't let me exchange it for a game of the same price without the receipt, but we will see in a few weeks. If they won't let me do it I'll just eBay it.[/quote]

FWIW as follow-up. I took a StarFox that I go with this deal back to BB today and exchanged it for Mario v. DK2. No problems even without the receipt (my receipt showed each of my Starfox were sold for 14.98 so I didn't want to mess with that.) I just had to show my DL and then fillled out a form with my name and address. The only thing that slowed me down was the Mario vss. DK2 weren't out on the floor and I had to wait for a salesperson to go get one from the back.

[quote name='eastx']Xerxes, she was a barely chubby black chick. A Vietnamese girl was working customer service. Still, you've gotta hope for the same manager, who I didn't see. Try around 3 PM if you can and it may be cool. Don't forget to bring the printouts from Nintendo and Best Buy.com![/quote]

Wait the manager is the chubby chick?
And the girl who ok'd the 6 games is the vietamese girl?

I'm about to registar my ds now.

Xerxes, no, I didn't say either of those things. Like I said, the black girl was probably just the chick working in video games. I never saw the manager (as I said), and the Vietnamese chick worked customer service, but the black chick and unseen manager were the ones who approved the deal.

[quote name='eastx']Xerxes, no, I didn't say either of those things. Like I said, the black girl was probably just the chick working in video games. I never saw the manager (as I said), and the Vietnamese chick worked customer service, but the black chick and unseen manager were the ones who approved the deal.[/quote]

I know I easily prone to confusion. Why i'm double checking to make sure I can hit them fast and smooth as possible. I want to make the same people to have a mirror expierence of what they did before. ;-)

Which printouts are you refering to. I was only thinking to print this one. http://www.nintendo.com/bestbuyds/

That's the first one to get, but you also need to click on the link from My Nintendo that takes you to BestBuy's site.... Print the first page ya see there (which describes the offer). That way, you have Nintendo's side as well as Best Buy's side of the offer to use as ammo.

I'm sick of this. I just sent this message to Best Buy's customer service. If they don't respond, or make something up, then this is officially a SCAM. As others have mentioned, we're just trying to get them to follow their OWN RULES!

The Best Buy/Nintendo Buy 2 Get 1 Free Nintendo DS promotion STILL isn't working right.

The majority of DS games don't trigger the free game when added to your cart. I've been waiting a few weeks to see if this was going to get fixed, but it's still not working right.

Here are the two web sites that describe the offer:
(I stuck the addresses of the Best Buy and Nintendo sites here.)

[quote name='eastx']Xerxes, cool. What'd ya get?

Puppy, just break down and go into the store already.[/quote]

I'm stupid I was asking a question no "?"
I am going to tomorrow for sure. If not tonight.

I'm looking at,
Mario 64 DS, New Super Mario, Mario Kart, Castlevania: DoS, Star Fox, and ???.

IF i can do six games like you.

I tried a store and it didn't work. It just turned into a 45 minute long argument. I got it to work when I called a sales rep.

[quote name='myiamoto']I tried a store and it didn't work. It just turned into a 45 minute long argument. I got it to work when I called a sales rep.[/quote]

I drove around houston loooking for that lost in blue deal. Sure I should called but hell what happened happened. Drove across town for Phoenix Wright and Trauma Center full price. If the one that east went to doesn't work, I'll be sure to be at another one the same day if not the next. Although Saturday's mission is to get mew on my Pokemon Sapphire.

Whoa! I complained to Nintendo about how crappy BestBuy.com's implementation of this is, and................

They're sending me a free game! No kidding! I think it helps that I've registered about DS 12 games in my nintendo profile as well as my DS Lite. March of the Minis should arrive at my place next week.

[quote name='Xerxes']I drove around houston loooking for that lost in blue deal. Sure I should called but hell what happened happened. Drove across town for Phoenix Wright and Trauma Center full price. If the one that east went to doesn't work, I'll be sure to be at another one the same day if not the next. Although Saturday's mission is to get mew on my Pokemon Sapphire.[/QUOTE]

Go to the in Katy. They honored it for me.

I tried getting the promotion honored at the East Brunswick, NJ BB - no-go. The manager pointed out the small print that said Online-only and didn't care of the problems of the site.

So I tried calling 1-888-BestBuy today - 4 times actually. I was helped by 4 different female online representatives, and got varied responses, none of which the one I wanted. One said to contact Nintendo, which I did. They said they couldn't do anything since it's on BestBuy.com.

The second rep said she couldn't do anything but notify the Promotions Department of the issue - she gave me a reference number and told me to expect an e-mail in 2-3 days. I told her that the promotion ends in two days, and she said not to worry.

The third rep told me to place the order anyway and get the order modified by the Promotion Department. I didn't want to do that in case they decided to screw me over.

The fourth and final rep told me the same thing as the second rep. I also told her what the third rep told me to do and told me she wouldn't advise me to do that, since they probably wouldn't be able to modify the order like she said.

This deal really isn't worth it unless you find a B&M location that'll honor this busted promotion. Hopefully TRU will include DS games in their B2G1 free deal this year if they do one.

did it a while ago in store in Niles, IL (showed the BB and Nintendo pages) and it worked :)

scored Dawn of Sorrow, Dragon Quest Heroes and Mario Kart. hope these games are freaking worth it..

My blood pressure is at an all time high...

I have spent the hour + trying to resolve this. This is the most frustrated I have ever been trying to take advantage of a "free" offer.

So here's my scenario...monitoring this thread for weeks, seen all the problems. Last Saturday, I make my second call to BB online, and have a case # opened w/ their "research" team. Today, 9-28-06, still no response.

So I decide to place an order for games that are working: Princess Peach, Tetris and Mario vs. Luigi PiT. Go up to the Best Buy store 2 miles from my house w/ my online confirmation/order pickup.

I first go into the DS game aisle, and pick up Star Wars Lego DS and Mega Man ZX, the other two games (along w/ Princess Peach) that I really want.

I get to the counter, explain myself, armed w/ all my screenprints of the website and the offer itself. I ask to exchange *unopened* Tetris and Mario/Luigi for the *unopened* Lego SW and Mega Man.

Wait about 5 minutes, before the girl comes back and says they can't do that, because it's an online only offer, and all I can do is pickup the order, or return it--they are unable to "tamper" with it, as they call it. So I return the entire order, because it includes two games I don't want. Baffled that they can't do this--still.

Now agitated, go back home and call BB online CS again. Rep just repeats the same information she has already told me 10 times, and I persist and ask for a supervisor or "somone who can help me tonight". She HANGS UP on me.

Now super PISSED, I call back, and request a supervisor. Explain that the previous rep hung up on me (no cursing done by me). She is less than courteous herself. Gives me the same bull**** that this is in the research dept. and someone will call me w/in 2-3 days.

I tell her I've already been waiting 5 days, no call, and that I won't be around Fri-Sat, and the offer expires on Saturday 9-30-06.

Says she cannot help me, nor is there anyone who can. I ask what if I am contacted on Monday by their research team, and by then, the offer is expired. What will BB do then? She says I will be "compensated".

Yeah right. This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of in my life.

Even after typing all this, I am more pissed than ever...

I know how you feel. This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. It's not like we're trying to exploit them, it's their deal! I guess I got lucky when I talked to my first online sales rep. She didn't even ask me any details about the deal. She also asked me what game I wanted for free! I thought I would be fair and tell her that I had to take the one with the lowest value.

Has anybody tried calling Best Buy Corporate Headquarters? I looked up their number on their website and it's 612-291-1000.

This really is a scam. Is there some way we can report Best Buy for this? Some way we can warn people about Best Buy's practices in general?

The whole store's been going downhill since that new president took over. Never any deals, they price a lot of stuff above retail now, and then this scam "promotion".

I went ahead and called the website customer service. A girl with an accent I could barely understand gave me the same mumbo jumbo "we can't get the deal to work in our systems" and "I'll have research call you in 24 - 48 hours" BS.

Oh well, it was worth a shot. As long as I had to hold and as long as she took to enter everything, I don't care to try again. Over 2 weeks of trying to get it to work, I'd rather just pay the extra $30 at a different store.

This scam sucks.

maybe it would be better to try to complain to Nintendo? Maybe they'll hook you up with something for the troubles.

[quote name='bp_']maybe it would be better to try to complain to Nintendo? Maybe they'll hook you up with something for the troubles.[/quote]

I tried that. Nintendo refers the problem back to BB. No go there.

bread's done
Back