Buy 2 Get 1 Free on used Xbox Games at Gamestop/EB Starting 1/29 to 2/18

allout1986

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Title says it all. If you're looking for any used xbox games, it will be the time to pick them up. I don't think there are any restrictions on the games that qualify for the B2G1 either. The sale ends on 2/18. If something new comes up for the following marketing period, I'll let you all know. I'm hoping for a trade deal to come up soon.

EDIT:
The GI coupon may not work since it says not valid with any other offers, we'll see when it goes into effect if it works or not.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']I know this may be a stupid question..But why do they start these sales on a monday and not a friday when They can get a good start over the weekend?[/quote]

Because this is going on during one of there 3 week spans.. So it will cover 3 whole weekends..

Honestly, I've been considering picking up a bunch of Xbox games that I want even though I don't have an Xbox at this point in time. I just don't want to wait until I have an Xbox because then all the good deals will be gone, Xbox games will be discontinued and I'll have to half.com everything. I plan to get a 360 in the next year or two, but even then I know that a good majority of the games I want won't be playable on it. Ah, what to do, what to do.

This might sound totally stupid, but I asked a GS manager today about the possible sale, she said it actually starts on Sunday and it is only for Xbox games $9.99 and under.

I know I know, some GS folks are not the most informed.

Can anyone confirm this?

[quote name='airdino23']This might sound totally stupid, but I asked a GS manager today about the possible sale, she said it actually starts on Sunday and it is only for Xbox games $9.99 and under.

I know I know, some GS folks are not the most informed.

Can anyone confirm this?[/quote]

Its for any price.

The CAG experience - never trust a GS manager or employee. Ever.

I'm definitely picking up Indigo Prophecy and Breakdown. Any other underrated gems for the system? I kept my original Xbox, so BC is a non-issue to me.

I wonder if they will do the same thing with Gamecube soon since it's sort of in the same position the original XBox is in (except that all GC games work on the Wii)

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I wonder if they will do the same thing with Gamecube soon since it's sort of in the same position the original XBox is in (except that all GC games work on the Wii)[/quote]

Maybe, but it seems GC games hold their value longer...I don't know, but I hope they do soon.

I think the biggest difference is that ALL gc/ps2 games are still playable on the new hardware. PSOne used games stuck around for a long time, partially due to the fact that they were still playable on the PS2.

Anyway, I might have been interested if this had included PS2 titles, but I think I have all the Xbox games I want. Oh well, it'll save me some $$. ;)

[quote name='angrysalad187']wow why is this sale so long compared to the other ones[/QUOTE]

They are trying to get rid of all those totaled, stubbs, etc that they 're-acquired' from Rhino :)

Right after I buy a ton of XBox games, GS has this deal. At least it gives me a reason to buy games I already have on other consoles like Psychonauts, Indigo Prophecy, and some other games I think are worth playing. Thanks for the info OP!

I was looking on line and these are the few xbox games I need and are a decent price.

Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball - $12.99 (better then the 360 version I hear)
TOCA Race Driver 3 - $17.99 (I think the last good racer on the xbox)
Namco Museum 50th Anniversary - $17.99 (you'll never see these again thanks to XBL)
Mech Assault 2: Lone Wolf - $9.99 (missed it when it came out)

[quote name='grecianfox']It was so bad that I had no interest in a playthrough as an evil character.[/quote]

If you ever need to crash your Xbox, click on the dead Jedi corspe 30 or 40 times in the Dark Side cave and use Level 3 Force Lightning against the shadow beasts that appear.

An evil Sith Lord was so much more fun than the good Weaponmaster or Sentinel.

I didn't mind the ending, but my opinion of KOTOR II is skewed by the fact I didn't play through the first one.

And, yes, you can definitely tell there is missing content.

I think I'll get:

GTA San Andreas
PDOrta (if it's ever BC)
Counterstrike

[quote name='WhoKnowsWho']While I prefer regular buy 2 get 1 free, though my checking account doesn't, I am sure I can take advantage of this. Thanks for the heads up.

Too bad I already used the extra 10% coupon though when I bought some PSP stuff.[/QUOTE]

that deal and this deal both specify "cannot combine with other deals' of course i have got them to do it in the past.

will probably pick up

kotor 1
battle front 1
thief deadly shadows.

MAYBE will get one or two of these instead of battlefront and thief

mercenaries.
advent rising
robin hood defender

stupid question, why dont the following titles show up on the gamestop website, even when you click "show backordered items"

fable
fable lost chapters
dark alliance 2

???

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']If you ever need to crash your Xbox, click on the dead Jedi corspe 30 or 40 times in the Dark Side cave and use Level 3 Force Lightning against the shadow beasts that appear.

An evil Sith Lord was so much more fun than the good Weaponmaster or Sentinel.

I didn't mind the ending, but my opinion of KOTOR II is skewed by the fact I didn't play through the first one.

And, yes, you can definitely tell there is missing content.[/QUOTE]

the first one is made by a different team, if you liked planescape torment or arcanum: of steamworks and magic obscura, then you will like kotor 1. Kotor 2 took the kotor 1 engine, and didnt really improve on it. The ending was very abrupt, and there were many loose plot points, but i liked the characters OK, the voice actors were good, but the gameplay didnt offer anything fresh.

good game, but pales in comparison to part 1.

I don't know why no one has mentioned one of the best (IMO) games for the XBOX. But Chronicles of Riddick is an AMAZING game!! The movie was horrible, but the game was, as Borat would say, "Wah Wah WeeWAH!!!!"

And don't forget:

jade empire
KoTOR 1 & 2
Halo 1 & 2
Blitz : The League
Brute Force (if its cheap)
NBA Inside Drive 2002 (Just kidding)

This might be in another thread, but if it isn't, GAmestop/EB is also running buy 1 PSX or N64 game and get one free for those stores that still carry those games. Starts today as well.

[quote name='Badgun']This might be in another thread, but if it isn't, GAmestop/EB is also running buy 1 PSX or N64 game and get one free for those stores that still carry those games. Starts today as well.[/QUOTE]
My store has been doing this for a few weeks now on the N64/PS1 games.

[quote name='Badgun']This might be in another thread, but if it isn't, GAmestop/EB is also running buy 1 PSX or N64 game and get one free for those stores that still carry those games. Starts today as well.[/quote]

Extremely YMMV. Most stores don't do this

[quote name='Puff Is Hurr']I don't know why no one has mentioned one of the best (IMO) games for the XBOX. But Chronicles of Riddick is an AMAZING game!! The movie was horrible, but the game was, as Borat would say, "Wah Wah WeeWAH!!!!"

And don't forget:

jade empire
KoTOR 1 & 2
Halo 1 & 2
NBA Inside Drive 2002 (Just kidding)[/quote]

I have Riddick, too bad it's not BC. I really want to play it again.

Picked up some xtra Battlefront IIs for System Linking and 3 copies of Serious Sam II.

I was tempted with Aquaman...

You guys have me looking for the rare OutRun 2006 for Xbox.

It sure it tempting to pick up Panzer D. and Indigo P.

Has anyone system linked Conker? They game feels kinda spaz-y.
I think the controls are too loose. Any input?

[quote name='Puff Is Hurr']I don't know why no one has mentioned one of the best (IMO) games for the XBOX. But Chronicles of Riddick is an AMAZING game!! The movie was horrible, but the game was, as Borat would say, "Wah Wah WeeWAH!!!!"

And don't forget:

jade empire
KoTOR 1 & 2
Halo 1 & 2
NBA Inside Drive 2002 (Just kidding)[/QUOTE]

NBA Inside Drive 2002 was soooooooo much fun playing with another person. It's about as simple as you can get, playing wise, with an NBA game....since the Genesis days. A lot of fun can be had on the Easy/Medium setting with this. If you can play with a buddy, you'll get your $2-$3 worth in just a few games, I promise!

[quote name='sp00ge']I have Riddick, too bad it's not BC. I really want to play it again.[/quote]
QFT, it'd be nice to see this make the BC update, but I'm sure they're working on big name games like Sponge Bob SquarePants or Ant Bully.

Speaking of Battlefront II, how is the game? Part of me wants to pick it up, but another remembers playing the demo of the original BF and wanting to urinate on the console because it was horrible.

Just came back with:

-Jade Empire LE
-Panzer Dragoon Orta
-GTA Vice City

I also picked up Tecmo Arcade since it was only $5.

[quote name='badscene']I always forget, if you buy 4 do you get 2 free, buy 6 get 3 free, etc.?[/QUOTE]

Buy 20, get 10 free...40, get 20 free...

They're more than happy to sell you anything you want to buy during these sales.

***$250 it is.

He bought it at the school bookstore, so I won't be able to jump on any type of warrenty other than that offered by Microsoft. He'll be able to find a reciept of some kind though, so I'm not completely out of luck. At $250 a new Premium and NCAA Football isn't too bad of a deal. Thanks for all the help guys!

Dangit, the EB I stopped at have idiots working there. I walked in and two other guys were in there, and we must have stood there for almost ten minutes with no employee in the store. Finally, you hear a door in the back open and then a guy comes out. And to boot, he said if there was no sign, there was no sale. I need to go the reliable ones near me...

No signs at the one in Fremont (Pacific Commons) and the lady had to call another store...all they said was only 9.99 games used xbox games. sux.

[quote name='Ham Salad']No signs at the one in Fremont (Pacific Commons) and the lady had to call another store...all they said was only 9.99 games used xbox games. sux.[/quote]
Does anyone have a flyer or proof of this? I can see the "I don't think we have that going on" or "9.99 and under" biting alot of us CAGs in the ass. If so, can we get it in the OP to print and take with us?

the store i went to didn't have halo 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so angry. now i have to go to the mall which has a gamestop, ebx, and ebgames lol.

i went and couldn't find 3 games of the same prices. Almost bit on Indigo Prophecy and Doom 3 with something else.. but bah.

Picked up:

Soul Calibur II - I have the PS2 version but being able to play with Spawn was tempting, and so far I'm enjoying this version more than the PS2.

Deus Ex: Invisible War - I enjoyed the PS2 Deus Ex so for a freebie game it was worth a tryout

Red Ninja - I know nothing about this game but it seemed somewhat interesting.

The local EB only had a little sign above the X-Box bin.

picked up

mercenaries 12.99
fable 8.99
kotor 1 free

i picked up one of the edge cards. I think i was supposed to get fable free, but instead he gave me kotor free, i am not complaining.

The odd thing i noticed: this EB had 3 copies of dark alliance 2 for the xbox for 34.99 each. I thought i could buy all 3 and make some money on ebay but apparently only the ps2 version is getting good money, it totally isnt worth it.

edit, they also gave me some extra gamestop cases, some of the cases i have at home are stickered up. When i signed up for the edge card, i told them i didnt want the magazine, just the discount card, the employee asked if he could have the subscription so i said sure. i know there are some decent coupons in there, but i never check the mag until they are expired.

I was pissed that they didnt have thief deadly shadows, and i sort of want ninja gaiden black but cant find anything the same price.

hi, can someone tell me what does BC stand for. and is this deal brick and mortar only or online as well? thanks.

[quote name='lightwarp']hi, can someone tell me what does BC stand for. and is this deal brick and mortar only or online as well? thanks.[/quote]

Beef Cake

Backwards Compatible (old xb games play in 360)

bread's done
Back