Buy 2 Get 1 Free PS3 Games Target - YMMV

hotrocks

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Buy 2 Get 1 Free PS3 Games. Free game must be equal or lesser value. Valid on all games $59.99 or less, so all regular games pretty much.

I found it on the inside slip of the front cover of the ad...it seems to be YMMV.

I'm in Maryland, others in Texas, Minnesota, Alabama, Oklahoma Virginia, Tennessee, Illinois, South Carolina, North Dakota have it. Florida, Nevada, California, New York, Arizona people do not.
You can check your area's ad on line by changing your zip code to see who and who doesn't have it.

Scan thanks to CocheseUGA

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Doomtime']The value of games has fallen significantly and it shows on ebay as well. You will lose around $15 from face value. Even Skate 2 is $45 on there and it just came out.[/quote]

And yet, I'd still come out ahead.

[quote name='disillusion386']Not in the LA area ad. Yeah, SoCal is definitely out.[/QUOTE]

no!! curse you YMMV!

Not in the Central Valley from what I know. Not in our 28-page ad and I called the Hanford Target for the deal and they confirmed that it wasn't happening at their store :(

Deal includes Endwar with Headset for $59.99. Not quite as good as when I had gotten it alone for $49.99 at Best Buy, but for an additional $70, I got 2 $60 games.

In Chicagoland, picked up for $120 + tax:

Endwar with headset $59.99
Dead Space $59.99
Little Big Planet $59.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FadeToOne']And yet, I'd still come out ahead.[/quote]

LOL, if you sold a game for $45 I think you'd break even after putting in all that effort. The game is about $40 after discount not including tax. Then you have the ebay fee's and the shipping fee's.

All go here...scored:

SOCOM Headset Bundle
EndWar Headset Bundle
Little Big Planet

$129.xx total (incl. tax). Not too shabby! A couple of things to flip, a couple to keep.

It was going on at the West St Paul, MN Target. I couldn't find 3 PS3 games that I didn't already own and that I wanted.

I got LBP, Resistance 2, and Tomb Raider Underworld.

Endwar + Headset was tagged as $84.99 at my Target. Not like I wanted it anyway, but there you go.

[quote name='solarisv']LOL, if you sold a game for $45 I think you'd break even after putting in all that effort. The game is about $40 after discount not including tax. Then you have the ebay fee's and the shipping fee's.[/quote]

Meh, I also wouldn't buy a game few people want like Skate, and get something that may go higher. The shipping fees would tack on to the $45, btw.

Regardless, I ended up buying Buzz and 2 R2's as my friend wanted me to get it for him.

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']I got LBP, Resistance 2, and Tomb Raider Underworld.

Endwar + Headset was tagged as $84.99 at my Target. Not like I wanted it anyway, but there you go.[/quote]

Doesn't matter what it's tagged...if you look closely at the tag, you will see that the DCPI number (207 24 0205) is the same as the regular, non-bundled version. Punch it into the price scanner, if you want...it will come up $59.99.

I know you said you personally didn't want it, but I thought I'd just point this out to others. Not too bad of a deal, esp. if you just want the headset. You can trade in the Game to Blockbuster Video for about $30 credit if it's not your thing, then you've got 2 fire games and the official BT Headset for around $100, basically.

Also, you guys thinking of returning for credit, or using one of the games as a placeholder for something coming out in the future, better check your reciepts!

The whole transaction is marked "Special Promotion", and each game has an explicit "Refund Value $39.99" next to it. It also states "All items must be returned for full refund", so at best, I'm pretty positive they're only gonna give you $40 towards KZ 2 or SF IV if you try to go that route next month.

My target here is doing it! Im getting SMVR2009 and not sure on the other two.. I really wanted heavenly sword but they dont have it. Can anyone recommend some scare games? Im sort of a new gamer.. thanks..

I just talked to a manager and he said using placeholders would work. Plus they have a 90 day return policy so sf4 and re5 are a go. Most likely YMMV but it's more than worth asking...

For anyone interested in DMC4, I found some copies w/a free mini strategy guide included. Had to look through the stack, some had the guide included, others did not. Also they were marked on one shelf at $29.99, $39.99 on another shelf. Pointed this out and the cashier honored the $29 price (got 3 copies for $63 after tax). This was at the Elizabethtown, KY Target.

NOTE: The copies I found had a small sticker on the back indicating the free strat guide was included.

[quote name='speedrunner17']Yea I think NY is assed out.[/quote]
We usually are with these YMMV things. :cry:

I'll stop by a couple Targets in Queens tomorrow anyway... you guys actually went and inquired about this?

[quote name='lakers2008']anyone in Orange County California been able to do this deal?[/quote]
Yes, I am wondering the same thing. Anyone in SoCal have any luck?

Is sonic unleashed any good? Im thinking more for family.. my gf and 5 year old son.. also gonna get wwe smackdown vs raw 2k9 and thinking lord of rings conquest as I liked the demo or star wars force. Can anyone PM me some advice? thanks Also if anyone has Heavenly Sword and another game for trade I can use my third one to pick you up a game brand new from target.. LMK.

Well just got back....

I grabbed

SMVR2k9 (last one there)
Sonic Unleashed
Buzz (last one there)

total $180-60= $120

then found their last 3 clearance games.. luckily they were 3 different and 3 I didnt have...

COD3
Ghost Recon 2
Unreal Tournament 3

total $60-20= $40

total $160 for 6 games but I bought SMVR09 last week from wal mart and had yet to open it so I will refund that for my $60 back so total for all 6 games tonight =$100 :)

I wanted to grab lord of rings but they were all out even in the back.. but all in all I think I did ok...

[quote name='sgaldis']Also, you guys thinking of returning for credit, or using one of the games as a placeholder for something coming out in the future, better check your reciepts!

The whole transaction is marked "Special Promotion", and each game has an explicit "Refund Value $39.99" next to it. It also states "All items must be returned for full refund", so at best, I'm pretty positive they're only gonna give you $40 towards KZ 2 or SF IV if you try to go that route next month.[/quote]

Soo if I buy three games like R2, LBP, and Skate2.. already have both R2 and LBP and don't want skate 2. I could return the three games and exchange them for RE5, SFIV, and K2?? I would be returning all at the same time.

[quote name='CheapAssRu']Well just got back....

I grabbed

SMVR2k9 (last one there)
Sonic Unleashed
Buzz (last one there)

total $180-60= $120

then found their last 3 clearance games.. luckily they were 3 different and 3 I didnt have...

COD3
Ghost Recon 2
Unreal Tournament 3

total $60-20= $40

total $160 for 6 games but I bought SMVR09 last week from wal mart and had yet to open it so I will refund that for my $60 back so total for all 6 games tonight =$100 :)

I wanted to grab lord of rings but they were all out even in the back.. but all in all I think I did ok...[/quote]

Don't mean to pick nits, but If you've returning your copy to WalMart, then you had to have spent another $60 on that, right? So it would actually be $220-$60=$160 for 6 games. Still a nice deal; congrats!

[quote name='Archgarth']Does anybody know if Best Buy will PM this ad if it is local for our area?[/QUOTE]
they will....not. at least mine didnt

[quote name='sgaldis']Don't mean to pick nits, but If you've returning your copy to WalMart, then you had to have spent another $60 on that, right? So it would actually be $220-$60=$160 for 6 games. Still a nice deal; congrats![/quote]

Thanks.. and yeah your right.. I just like to not include money spent if its been 48 hrs lol.. easier for my thinking I guess but in reality your right... just played Buzz.. its pretty fun.. my son is playing the heck out of sonic.. the thing is I just became a big time gamer so the others I mentioned I never played but looked them up and they seem to have gotten good reviews.. upped my collection to 23 games for ps3!:bouncy:

sorry if i missed it, did a quick search and found nothing. did the cashier scan something in order for the promo to work? this promo and clearance games would net some really cheap games.

For those still wondering if there area has this, look on the weekly ad at target.com. The promo insert page shows up at the end.

I went to best buy and the price matched the deal! So I got skate 2, R2, and LBP, plus I got midnight club LA for my 360, so $140 for 4 games! HELL OF A DEAL!!!! I LOVE BEST BUY!!! So since if you spend a $150 at best buy on games you get a free $10 gc, so pretty sweet deal!!!!

I thought BB wouldn't price match a sale like this! If they do, I'm totally in. I've got a $5 reward now, and I will definately get the $10 for the Gamer Zone for that much.

[quote name='LiquorLicks']I went to best buy and the price matched the deal! So I got skate 2, R2, and LBP, plus I got midnight club LA for my 360, so $140 for 4 games! HELL OF A DEAL!!!! I LOVE BEST BUY!!! So since if you spend a $150 at best buy on games you get a free $10 gc, so pretty sweet deal!!!![/quote]

Did BB give you much resistance for pricematching this deal?

bread's done
Back