Buy 2 Get 1 Free PS3 Games Target - YMMV

hotrocks

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Buy 2 Get 1 Free PS3 Games. Free game must be equal or lesser value. Valid on all games $59.99 or less, so all regular games pretty much.

I found it on the inside slip of the front cover of the ad...it seems to be YMMV.

I'm in Maryland, others in Texas, Minnesota, Alabama, Oklahoma Virginia, Tennessee, Illinois, South Carolina, North Dakota have it. Florida, Nevada, California, New York, Arizona people do not.
You can check your area's ad on line by changing your zip code to see who and who doesn't have it.

Scan thanks to CocheseUGA

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sgaldis']Did BB give you much resistance for pricematching this deal?[/quote]

It's definitely YMMV. I always get mixed results on doing this with BB.

[quote name='screamokid4life']Soo if I buy three games like R2, LBP, and Skate2.. already have both R2 and LBP and don't want skate 2. I could return the three games and exchange them for RE5, SFIV, and K2?? I would be returning all at the same time.[/quote]

For about the 4th time now. If you buy those 3 games, they are going to ring up at the promo prices. You are only going to get what you paid back. You aren't just going to be able to go in and "exchange" them for anything without paying more money. Returned for full credit means returned for the price you paid for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
would someone with a target flier with the deal be willing to mail me a copy so i can try price matching at my local stores? the stores around me are easy to price match at as long as i have a flier so its worth a shot. pm if you will help and ill give u my address

[quote name='mtxbass1']For about the 4th time now. If you buy those 3 games, they are going to ring up at the promo prices. You are only going to get what you paid back. You aren't just going to be able to go in and "exchange" them for anything without paying more money. Returned for full credit means returned for the price you paid for them.[/quote]

Thank you...I don't know how many times this has been said already, but people just don't want to hear it, I guess. As I mentioned a few pages back, just look at your reciept if you have already taken part in this deal. They have it explicity marked as a package deal, and even have each individual title listed with a reduced refund amount ($40/ea for 3 $60 titles) if you try to just return one of them. I decided that I wanted to switch out 2 of my 3 games today; it was no problem, but they had to basically refund the transaction, then re-ring it with the new games.

Just don't want anyone to grab something they don't want, and then be disappointed in a month when they won't let them exchange their crap 'placeholder' game for KZ2 of SF IV.

I was gonna do the placeholder thing till I saw my reciept.

I took all the games to Walmart then I found out about their new no reciept policy.

Any suggestions on what to do with the games other than just return them all at Target??

When I went to BB to get my PM I went to customer service first to make sure they would match it, and they said yes, so I grabbed the games I wanted, which were LBP, R2, and S2, so I had the add with me and then went to the check out lane not customer service, because customer service said they would only price match games that were in stock, so I knew from previously visiting Target minutes b4 entering Bestbuy that my Target was out of both R2 and S2, so the man at the registered just looked at the addand saw the three images on the add of the games I got and was like wow great deal and rang me up!!!!! so they never called to see if the games were in stock!

[quote name='BOOMATIC206']I was gonna do the placeholder thing till I saw my reciept.

I took all the games to Walmart then I found out about their new no reciept policy.

Any suggestions on what to do with the games other than just return them all at Target??[/quote]

Well, you could:

A. Acutally play them
B. Trade them in to Blockbuster Video or Gamestop for a loss
C. Return them to Target, assuming you haven't opened them, and kept your reciept.
D. Give them to someone who will play them (again, a monetary loss, but maybe a karmic gain...who knows?)

[quote name='hdogg523']so if my best buy does pricematch, i cant get valkyria chronicles since they don't have it at target?[/quote]

If I understood the employee on the phone correctly, that is correct.

[quote name='mtxbass1']For about the 4th time now. If you buy those 3 games, they are going to ring up at the promo prices. You are only going to get what you paid back. You aren't just going to be able to go in and "exchange" them for anything without paying more money. Returned for full credit means returned for the price you paid for them.[/QUOTE]

It's like people have never seen a B2G1 free before, eh?

[quote name='BOOMATIC206']I was gonna do the placeholder thing till I saw my reciept.

Any suggestions on what to do with the games other than just return them all at Target??[/quote]Return them to Target. It's not their fault they outsmarted you and you're not able to do the "placeholder" thing.

If you're going to try and take advantage of their policy, just go return the games and wait for the TRU B2G1 sale. You might get a chance with the "placeholder" situation with them.

Any suggestions on what to do with the games other than just return them all at Target??[/QUOTE]
so what you return a game and get $40 back and put that $40 into say Killzone 2. you'd get 3 games for $140 instead of paying $180

LBP = $60 with a return value of $40
Skate 2 = $60 with a return value of $40
Resistance 2 = Free with a return value of $40 (but really worth $60)
total $120 for 3 games which would really be $180

you exchange the free game and they give you $40 for it you pay the $20 and that brings what you paid for 3 games up to $140 so you still saved $40.

does target not carry ratchet and clank anymore because i can't find it anywhere?... and i really can't think of another game after cod5 and lbp... i might just do what the guy above me said i guess... is prince of persia is worth buying?

[quote name='hdogg523']does target not carry ratchet and clank anymore because i can't find it anywhere?... and i really can't think of another game after cod5 and lbp... i might just do what the guy above me said i guess... is prince of persia is worth buying?[/quote]

For R & C check ebay, don't waste your "free" , you can find new ones for around $30 and P of P is well worth it. A good platformer, check out any of the reviews.

Pre-orders excluded or is it in-store only?

I tried ordering Street Fighter 4, Killzone 2, and Valkyria Chronicles online but I didn't get the promo price.

[quote name='nikkai']It's like people have never seen a B2G1 free before, eh?[/quote]

Not only that, but the number of people whose only interest here is to scam the system(s) just blows my mind now. Within our first few responses of this thread, we had nothing but people wanting to get around the system. Our site never used to have this many people who would either try to return games elsewhere where they didn't buy them, or who would do the whole "placeholder" thing.

[quote name='hdogg523']does target not carry ratchet and clank anymore because i can't find it anywhere?... and i really can't think of another game after cod5 and lbp... i might just do what the guy above me said i guess... is prince of persia is worth buying?[/quote]Ratchet and Clank was clearanced to 75% here about a month ago so unless your Target is way behind on clearance then it's gone.

[quote name='bryenfury']Confirmed in MD and VA.[/quote]

Thanks, I picked up End War w/ Bluetooth Headset, CoD World at War & Skate 2. Great deal IMO.

B2G1 was definitely in effect in San Antonio because the lower priced PS3 games were wiped clean. I had an idea to get a few $30-40 games but was too late on the draw. Otherwise, $120 just seems like too much to spend at one time on three games.

I went in to the target in columbia, MD and all their games were listed as full price, even games like far cry 2, which I bought at BB for 30 last week.

Could I buy 3 games and then return one in a month to get the Show 09?

also, anyone in CT that can confirm from targets here?

It's because its been talked about throughout the thread that it won't work.

Personally part of me would love to take part on this but I have a ridiculous back log and by the time I get through that the games I want would probably cost less than this offer.

[quote name='Teodoric79']It's because its been talked about throughout the thread that it won't work.

Personally part of me would love to take part on this but I have a ridiculous back log and by the time I get through that the games I want would probably cost less than this offer.[/quote]

oh ok... i too have enough games anyway already

[quote name='bmachine']Not sure if these states have been mentioned, but it looks like a no-go in Connecticut or Pennsylvania. Booooooo.[/quote]

[quote name='DestroVega']also, anyone in CT that can confirm from targets here?[/quote]

I checked the new Target in Bristol and the one outside of Danbury.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Not only that, but the number of people whose only interest here is to scam the system(s) just blows my mind now. Within our first few responses of this thread, we had nothing but people wanting to get around the system. Our site never used to have this many people who would either try to return games elsewhere where they didn't buy them, or who would do the whole "placeholder" thing.[/QUOTE]

It's the slickdeals effect, I remember people used to get scolded quite quickly and threads were for the most part scum free. Now it seems like a lot of the new people just want to scam and then gloat.

[quote name='smashngrab77']just saw endwar ps3 with bluetooth for $59.99 at target so it qualifies for the b2g1[/QUOTE]

I can confirm this too. Was at the Wilsonville, OR Target and the headset and non-headset versions were both $60. I had the guy scan them both to be sure. I got one of the headset versions (I already have the headset from SOCOM but why not right?) along with Web of Shadows and Midnight Club:LA, but they still had about five left.

At my local Target, every single PS3 title had a sale card indicating the 3-for-2 sale. Unfortunately, they seemed to have trimmed down their video game department and are only selling the big name titles that are still full price.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']At my local Target, every single PS3 title had a sale card indicating the 3-for-2 sale. Unfortunately, they seemed to have trimmed down their video game department and are only selling the big name titles that are still full price.[/quote]

Exactly what I saw here in DC. They are selling a lot of copies of Dead Space, MGS 4, Fallout 3, and Call of Duty and little else. I was looking for GTA 4 but they didn't have it when I was there.

[quote name='edson13']It's the slickdeals effect, I remember people used to get scolded quite quickly and threads were for the most part scum free. Now it seems like a lot of the new people just want to scam and then gloat.[/quote]

When you see it on CAG you should flag it for the mods...they'll delete it.

[quote name='Teodoric79']... I have a ridiculous back log and by the time I get through that the games I want would probably cost less than this offer.[/quote]
QFT, I was just thinking the other day how the fuck I'm gonna get through the games I have anytime soon. I think it's time to "slow my roll" (Bombcast reference) on buying games and take it easy for the next 4 - 6 months. The collector in me wants to jump all over this, but the realist in me says I have enough digital fun to last me many, many moons.

I bought Socom Confrontation w/ Offical Headset, COD4, and COD5. Plus I got 10% off the total because I know people who work there. So I spent $115.
Went to Wal-Mart and returned COD5 and got $65.
Ended up spending $50 on: Socom, an Official Headset, and COD4, plus the $10 COD4 Map Pack that comes with the Game of the Year Edition. Good Deal.

[quote name='belal.rawi']I bought Socom Confrontation w/ Offical Headset, COD4, and COD5. Plus I got 10% off the total because I know people who work there. So I spent $115.
Went to Wal-Mart and returned COD5 and got $65.
Ended up spending $50 on: Socom, an Official Headset, and COD4, plus the $10 COD4 Map Pack that comes with the Game of the Year Edition. Good Deal.[/QUOTE]

Go discuss fraud somewhere else. Or not at all.

Your choice.

bread's done
Back