Buy 2, Get 1 Free Select Titles at Amazon

getfckedx

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5838]18997[/IMG-R]Partially matching Best Buy's Sunday ad promotion, Amazon is running a buy 2, get 1 free sale on select titles. Be sure NOT to use 1-Click checkout or the discount will not apply. The promotion likely ends January 22nd.

iconamazon.gif
Buy 2, Get 1 Free Select Titles at Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='trunks982']too bad theres no 999 and golden sun. i wouldve picked those 2 along with ghost trick.[/QUOTE]

Amen.

That would be a fantastic trio.

Debating if I should pull the trigger on Layton 2, pokemon pearl, and diamond for $30? (b2g1+kh $15 credit+ lbp2 $20 credit)....thoughts cags?

This is a better deal than Best Buy. I wish I had waited to buy borderlands GOTY. I just picked it up on Sunday... dang...

Hot Pursuit is only $44 on Amazon it was $59 at BB

picked up the fight lights out, sly collection and vanquish for 72 shipped. used 22 dollar amazon credit to bring it down to 50 and plan on sending vanquish back to them for 25 (since I already beat it). strangely enough, vanquish has gone down to 29.99 after I ordered

[quote name='Game_Dude_3']LBP2 isn't part of the deal, nor does it have Amazon Prime.

Amazon, I am disappoint.[/QUOTE]

You are looking at the price from a 3rd party merchant. Amazon has it for $58 and is of course eligible for Prime

Any recommendation among these?

Code:
Price: $37.88     Vanquish
Price: $37.07     Transformers
Price: $29.99     Prototype
Price: $27.99     NIER

I was also thinking about ordering DC Universe Online, but since I'm waiting for my $20 credit (and not sure if it would arrive on time before the promotion ends, pre-ordered Mass Effect 2 yesterday) I'm not sure if I should put it among the three or just wait and use the credit on DCUO.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']Any recommendation among these?

Code:
Price: $37.88     Vanquish
Price: $37.07     Transformers
Price: $29.99     Prototype
Price: $27.99     NIER
I was also thinking about ordering DC Universe Online, but since I'm waiting for my $20 credit (and not sure if it would arrive on time before the promotion ends, pre-ordered Mass Effect 2 yesterday) I'm not sure if I should put it among the three or just wait and use the credit on DCUO.[/QUOTE]

Vanquish actually went down to $29.99.
Prototype is not that good. If you want superhero sandbox, Infamous is a much, much better game IMHO.
Nier is $20 at Kmart regular price.

Vanquish is still $38 sold by Amazon. There is a 3rd party selling it for $30 + $5 shipping (active thread on it in these forums), but will not count for this deal.

Transformers is one of the new breed "still mediocre but way better than you would think" licensed games. I held out around the $25 mark with some GS sale but with B2G1 its a similar deal.

Multiplayer I'm sure is a ghost town now though.

[quote name='DonWii']Ghost Trick, Aragorns Quest, and Elder Scrolls: Oblivion GoTY.[/QUOTE]

Loving Ghost Trick right now. I think I am near the end but I am resisting reading anything in fear of spoilers. Even at Chpt 11 the game play keeps changing just slightly to keep it interesting. Already wishing for a sequel.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Nothing here I want, or haven't already found a better deal on. Where are Red Dead Redemption and New Vegas?[/QUOTE]

RDR is listed, at least for PS3.

2s5xmvt.png

[quote name='blahtastic']Vanquish actually went down to $29.99.
Prototype is not that good. If you want superhero sandbox, Infamous is a much, much better game IMHO.
Nier is $20 at Kmart regular price.[/QUOTE]

Still seeing $37.88 here...

[quote name='Fatbot3']Transformers is one of the new breed "still mediocre but way better than you would think" licensed games. I held out around the $25 mark with some GS sale but with B2G1 its a similar deal.

Multiplayer I'm sure is a ghost town now though
.[/QUOTE]

Not really, there are still a lot of die hard TF fans, expect a lot of people playing Escalation :)

As for EXP multiplier, there might not be such weekends anymore :whistle2:(

[quote name='Serpentor']Not really, there are still a lot of die hard TF fans, expect a lot of people playing Escalation :)

As for EXP multiplier, there might not be such weekends anymore :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

I loved the game on PS3, and the multiplayer was actually pretty decent. That said, I was never able to get the online co-op to work--it kept giving me connection errors.

[quote name='blahtastic']Nier is $20 at Kmart regular price.[/QUOTE]

Tried searching online and it says Sorry, We could not find any matches for " nier ".

This is great. My picks:
Vanquish (PS3)
God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PSP)
Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition (360)

[quote name='chi149']Picked up Killzone 2, Uncharted, and inFAMOUS for $35. I'm liking this.[/QUOTE]

Wait, how does that math work since all three titles are $27.99?

Uuuuuugh. Really wanted to stop my backlog growth, but I also really want Sly Collection, Ghost Trick and the new Layton. :(

I'm going to grab these 3:

Ghost Trick - not available at Best Buy
Mario vs DK - sold out @ my local Best Buy
Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympics - cheaper on Amazon

The Mario vs DK pictured is the Euro version but it ships from Amazon so I'm assuming it will be the US version...? (It's the only listing for the game to boot)

[quote name='confoosious']Also In before the "amazon raised prices for B2G1" whining.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's not like it isn't true. I was hoping they would include the Mafia II CE that somebody posted had dropped to $41.93 yesterday. Rather than do that, they included the standard edition but raised the price from $20.99 to $39.99. Not really impressed with this sale.

[quote name='fortunado']Wait, how does that math work since all three titles are $27.99?[/QUOTE]

He had credit to apply, in which case he did not actually pick up those 3 games for $35, but $35 after applying his credit. I don't know why people do that.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']He had credit to apply, in which case he did not actually pick up those 3 games for $35, but $35 after applying his credit. I don't know why people do that.[/QUOTE]
i'm guessing...

ah, sweet, amazon sells this game for $60 w a $20 credit. I'm effectively paying $40 for the game.

ah, sweet, my $55 order just had a $20 reduction due to stored credits. I'm effectively paying $35 on this order.

amazon rocks :applause::applause:

[quote name='sunnyvale']i'm guessing...

ah, sweet, amazon sells this game for $60 w a $20 credit. I'm effectively paying $40 for the game.

ah, sweet, my $55 order just had a $20 reduction due to stored credits. I'm effectively paying $35 on this order.

amazon rocks :applause::applause:[/QUOTE]

except nobody cares but you. When you quote a price like that (without any explanation), you just confuse other people.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Just came here to post it. Sucks about the selection. Still hoping LBP2 and ME2 will be added[/QUOTE]

I dont think they will, since they are giving you $20 dollars back when you buy those game individually

[quote name='confoosious']except nobody cares but you. When you quote a price like that (without any explanation), you just confuse other people.[/QUOTE]
uh... u shouldn't even quote a price like that.

u should note the discount on purchase of the first item as that was what made u buy it in the first place.

the resulting credit on your account should not in anyway make u feel better about buying more items from amazon.

[quote name='Mikocouch']Sounds alot like Microsoft and Kinect supposedly being sold out everywhere. lawls. I think my Best Buy has about 100 Kinect's stacked up in 6 different parts of the store.[/QUOTE]
That tactic actually worked for Microsoft, because the limited quantities they released for the Kinect eventually got it sold out around the 3nd week of release.

DC Universe Online on the other hand, is not looking too good from the get go, even despite Sony's attempt of doing a similar strategy.

DCUO debuted at No. 10 in the UK Weekly Charts, which is not a good sign for a newly released game that is hoping to make $50 million in sales as projected by Sony. Heck, it cannot even out sell a 3 month old game in it's debut week (Fallout New Vegas).

Sony's so desperate to pull the "Kinect Strategy" and match their estimated $50 million sale that, they purposely released a limited amount of the game at first, and then they prematurely tweeted about it being sold out practically everywhere, when you can actually still get them all over the place from Amazon, Best Buy, to even your local Walmart all IN STOCK and READY TO SHIP, despite the limited quantities released by Sony.

Reading the Gamespot and Sony forums, a lot of the people there who bought the game DID NOT even know about the Monthly Subscription Fee, seriously? And they were not happy to put their credit card into the system to use their 30-day trial.

They're now predicting that by the end of the 30-day trial, about 25%-30% of the current online users won't be back to play the game. Basically making this game just a coaster since you can't play the game without a subscription.

This game may likely see a price drop in the not too distant future. Especially when they have to put their game and it's subsrcription fee against games like Dead Space 2, Killzone 3, Marvel vs Capcom 3, and Dragon Age 2 all coming out within the next months.

Since I already played the Beta, I'm not in a hurry.

$29.99 is the ideal price for me. By that time, most of the online and game issues would be patched then, and most of the promised new stuff will already be implemented and integrated into the game.

It looks like Kirby's Epic Yarn is only $40 before the B2G1. The Sly Cooper Collection and Borderlands GOTY might go well with that. Nothing great to buy with DCUO.

If only Grand Theft Auto Complete was eligible for this deal. I would pick that up, along with Red Dead Redemption, and Assassin's Creed II.

do you guys think the first uncharted will go down to $20 any time soon? I just got a ps3, and it pisses me off that a 3-year old game is still $28. If it won't go down, I'll just get Infamous, Uncharted, and maybe GOW collection, making them all effectively $19.

[quote name='Gourd']If only Grand Theft Auto Complete was eligible for this deal. I would pick that up, along with Red Dead Redemption, and Assassin's Creed II.[/QUOTE]

I think GTA complete is a lightning deal later today.

[quote name='Ninersfan4926']do you guys think the first uncharted will go down to $20 any time soon? I just got a ps3, and it pisses me off that a 3-year old game is still $28. If it won't go down, I'll just get Infamous, Uncharted, and maybe GOW collection, making them all effectively $19.[/QUOTE]

Just get it on ebay. That's where I go when I want cheaper prices than amazon. Just make sure it's sealed. I got mine under $20 @ ebay.

I feel like every retailer should have a "bullshit" and "not bullshit" categorization for their Wii/DS titles.

Everytime I'm interested in a DS game I have to look at 20 bullshit baby/dance/TV show/hamster games to see anything that isn't directed at 5 year olds.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']He had credit to apply, in which case he did not actually pick up those 3 games for $35, but $35 after applying his credit. I don't know why people do that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's very annoying and unhelpful.

[quote name='jer7583']I feel like every retailer should have a "bullshit" and "not bullshit" categorization for their Wii/DS titles.

Everytime I'm interested in a DS game I have to look at 20 bullshit baby/dance/TV show/hamster games to see anything that isn't directed at 5 year olds.[/QUOTE]

I like this idea.

[quote name='lunker']Uuuuuugh. Really wanted to stop my backlog growth, but I also really want Sly Collection, Ghost Trick and the new Layton. :([/QUOTE]

I expect pictures in the G&T pick up thread!

Awesome! Picked up 2 x GT5 (one for bro-in-law) and Castlevania LOS: LE for $115. GT5 was sold out at my local Best Buys and I was about to go to Target and get it for $44. Thanks OP!

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']Just get it on ebay. That's where I go when I want cheaper prices than amazon. Just make sure it's sealed. I got mine under $20 @ ebay.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure he doesn't anymore, but at one time not too long ago a CAG had like 10 copies he was selling for $10 shipped new.

bread's done
Back