Buy 2 Get 1 Free tomorrow (Friday) at Gamestop. Possible YMMV *Updated

IeclipticI

CAG Veteran
Really surprised this isn't up yet.

As the title states there will be buy 2 get 1 frees happening at Gamestops this weekend. Buy 2 Get 1 Free sales apply on all used games and accessories for those who don't know. Also stacks with EDGE cards which is an additional 10% off. This is happening in my district at least so its possible this may be YMMV. I'm up in Eastern Washington. We put up signage up tonight before I left for it. ( I'm an employee)

Update

Just got home and apparently there was a mix up in my district and only one store was supposed to go Buy 2 Get 1. We were told shortly after opening to immediately take down all signage. Sorry for all the confusion guys. I know this has been like the third or fourth mix up for the whole buy 2 get 1 issue.

And I just now noticed I misspelled tomorrow and feel dumb. Sad Face. I fail guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='VALikimlav']Are these ever online, or always in store?[/QUOTE]

Kinda ironic that you said that, in a way, considering how Gamestop has had a 25% off and with extra $10 off for like, weeks now, which roughly equates to B2G1 free.

[quote name='VALikimlav']Are these ever online, or always in store?[/QUOTE]

Store promotions and online promotions are usually separate. At least from what Ive noticed.

[quote name='blahtastic']Kinda ironic that you said that, in a way, considering how Gamestop has had a 25% off and with extra $10 off for like, weeks now, which roughly equates to B2G1 free.[/QUOTE]

But who really wants to commit to buying $100 worth of stuff or buying something from them in the future when their coupon isn't even stack-able. Plus they are online only.

It's amazing the same questions are asked about B2G1 free every single time multiple times throughout the sale. The B2G1 is always on USED games and accessories, the EDGE card stacks with the sale, the computer should automatically group the games with the same prices together to get a better deal, yada yada yada........

Lets hope this sale happens but its strange we dont know anything before tonight. Usually we have at least a week notice.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']Hope it's not YMMV. Bunch of stuff i wanna buy. I got like 140 in credit.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you except I already bought all my stuff. Never thought it was going to happen so I spent a bunch of money on stuff Ive been eye balling last Sunday. Sucks real bad dude.

[quote name='IeclipticI']I'm in the same boat as you except I already bought all my stuff. Never thought it was going to happen so I spent a bunch of money on stuff Ive been eye balling last Sunday. Sucks real bad dude.[/QUOTE]

return/rebuy

[quote name='addicted2games']return/rebuy[/QUOTE]

Cant. Have tried to do that before and its a big no no from our DM. A customer might be able to get away with it but an employee is out of the question. Its not like totally horrible because of employee discounts and everything but it still kinda sucks.

[quote name='IeclipticI']Cant. Have tried to do that before and its a big no no from our DM. A customer might be able to get away with it but an employee is out of the question. Its not like totally horrible because of employee discounts and everything but it still kinda sucks.[/QUOTE]

what part of eastern wa are you at?

[quote name='finstersucks']what part of eastern wa are you at?[/QUOTE]

IM FROM SEATTLE! Do i matter?:drool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in western washington and if its over here that would be awesome since I was about to buy a used game online anyways, now I could go to the store and get a free game too. Only thing that sucks is that I can't use my $10 coupon

[quote name='bh47']only your music matters. =)[/QUOTE]

LOL. Back to the topic, I'll check the gamestop by my house (a block away) tomorrow to confirm this.

[quote name='kube00']Yes Eastern WA, as in Columbia Basin, Spokane, or Yakima area?[/QUOTE]

Myself in paticular is the Comlumbia Basin region. All the other areas shoul
be be doing this as far as I know. No reason for just our district.

[quote name='GeoHolyhart']I detect a YMMV. Would be great if it was nation wide though.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']My TENNESSEE store isnt having the promotion :( Boooo[/QUOTE]
Where you at? :D

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']My TENNESSEE store isnt having the promotion :( Boooo[/QUOTE]
;_;

Oh well, don't need to be spending any money anyhow. God knows I have a large enough backlog, and now I have GameFly as well. (which honestly, I shouldn't...)

I never buy large price ($30+) games during a B2G1, you get enough huge discounts ordering those line. I always generally hit up the PS2 stock during these, sure I don't save big bucks, but you wouldn't if you bought them online either.

If we haven't heard about it until now, its usually just a regional thing.

We'll see tomorrow. If it is true then I will come on here and post. I figure he's in WA I am in FLA and thats about as far away as we can get (3,300 some odd miles). So odds are if its here its got to be national (mostly).

[quote name='IeclipticI']Really surprised this isn't up yet.

As the title states there will be buy 2 get 1 frees happening at Gamestops this weekend. Buy 2 Get 1 Free sales apply on all used games and accessories for those who don't know. Also stacks with EDGE cards which is an additional 10% off. This is happening in my district at least so its possible this may be YMMV. I'm up in Eastern Washington. We put up signage up tonight before I left for it. ( I'm an employee)[/QUOTE]

You might want to add, to the title, that it applies only to used games.

These B2G1 do seem to happen near the end of each quarter. I bet they are timed to help Gamestop make their quarterly budgets, and likely only when needed, or they have excess inventory.

[quote name='cheech794']I will have to stop by today a little later. I love in Pittsburgh, PA[/QUOTE]

Pittsburgh is for lovers? I thought that was Ohio? :p

I guess this can be considered "possible" YMMV, but considering there has been no advertising for this, and GS is now an official CAG sponsor, that this is "definately" YMMV.

[quote name='dabamus']Pittsburgh is for lovers? I thought that was Ohio? :p[/QUOTE]

Virginia is for lovers.

I'm not driving to Eastern WA from Seattle for a B2G1 sale.

I would love for there to be a B2G1 going on. There's no signage at the local gamestop as of last night when I drove by well after they were closed, though. I'll stop by again today, but right now it doesn't look like Spokane gamestops are participating.

It's not at all uncommon for a single store or single area's group of stores to run this promotion, though.

bread's done
Back