Buy 2, Get 1 Free Used Games & Accessories at GameStop

msuna

CAGiversary!
[IMG-r=5198]7291[/IMG-r]Use coupon code B2G1FREE to activate GameStop.com's buy 2, get 1 free used game & accessories sale. Offer valid in-store too. Sale ends Saturday, 7/17.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop.com

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jcwkings']so u guys are saying if i buy lets say 20 games i get 10 for free right.[/QUOTE]

if you mean buying 30 games in total then yes. but you will get the 10 cheapest for free so its best to do several transactions. hope you are not serious though.

Guessing this b2g1 free ends saturday 7/17 b/c starting 7/18 they have a power save sale going on? Saw a thread about that just now.

[quote name='Keegs']Awesome. I was just browsing the boards looking to see if one of these was happening soon.[/QUOTE]
me too loggied in for that sole purpose as i passed a gameatop that had a huge assortment of good used DS and Ps2 RPGs and I passed em up hoping for just this very thing. thanks OP!

[quote name='mortalgroove']Blah. I just bought two used games yesterday.[/QUOTE]
bring em back you ll get a free game up to what the cheaper game is worth

[quote name='morbidsin']Guessing this b2g1 free ends saturday 7/17 b/c starting 7/18 they have a power save sale going on? Saw a thread about that just now.[/QUOTE]
The best part is that the power sale pricing is supposed to be finished by close on Saturday. So they have to give you the advertised price, and since the B2G1 will still be running then... ;)

[quote name='Stevothepro']bring em back you ll get a free game up to what the cheaper game is worth[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just try to limit my exposure to the the toxic environment. :roll:

[quote name='jcwkings']question, can you get more than 3 games. like if i buy six games will i get three for free. appreciate the help whoever answers[/QUOTE]

In store there is no limit, but sometimes online there is a cap.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Gonna pick up NCAA 2011. What other 2 games should i get?[/QUOTE]

That's if you can find a used copy, which I don't see happening.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']The best part is that the power sale pricing is supposed to be finished by close on Saturday. So they have to give you the advertised price, and since the B2G1 will still be running then... ;)[/QUOTE]

YMMV with that. The computer will only take one promo. You'll need manager override.

[quote name='DrNo888']YMMV with that. The computer will only take one promo. You'll need manager override.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's pretty much how it works. The store systems actually do not stack promotions together. Just like trying to stack B2G1 with Weekly Deals games. They will not ring through in the system, and the manager will most likely not override it for you.

[quote name='DrNo888']YMMV with that. The computer will only take one promo. You'll need manager override.[/QUOTE]
The prices won't be "active" by then anyway. They have to honor the prices they'll be advertising- no questions asked- and I think overriding the price still allows for promotions to be in effect. However, YMMV if the employee you run into catches onto what you're trying to do and flat out says no.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']The prices won't be "active" by then anyway. They have to honor the prices they'll be advertising- no questions asked- and I think overriding the price still allows for promotions to be in effect. However, YMMV if the employee you run into catches onto what you're trying to do and flat out says no.[/QUOTE]

The only "have to honor" is decided by the manager as far as Gamestop is concerned. And if there isn't a manager there, it is much more likely you can get the employee to do it for you, but if you change the prices down, the promotion will not go through automatically in the system. And since Gamestop does not officially have a "price guarantee" like other major retailers, they are not obligated to adjust pricing for you, or price match.

But I have tried this a couple times in the past before with B2G1 and weekly deals and tried to get them to stack. I remember I was trying to get Nintendog's that just went on sale in the weekly deals when the B2G1 went active Thursday night before it officially started. The computer will only give you the price for the promotion item, and once something has been overrided in their system, they would have to do it all manually since their systems doesn't recognize each sku as part of the promotion anymore. So they will have to penny out (since their system doesn't allow $0.00 amounts) that product to give you the full effect of the B2G1, which will throw up a red flag in their systems, so employees are most likely not going to do it for you.

Not saying that it's not possible to get employees to do it for you, but by no means are they obligated to do it for you especially since it is advertised that Power Save starts on the 18th and the B2G1 ends on the 17th, regardless of if it lets you in the system or not. They can still refuse it since the ad gives specific dates of when each promotion starts and ends.

But if you can get them to make it go through for you, more power to you, but definitely YMMV.

[quote name='Squarehard']GS.com online quality is just complete crap now ever since they stopped guaranteeing completeness of current gen games. Makes it rather tough to order from GS.com again if you're looking for complete copies of games.[/QUOTE]

They just mail you a copy from any random store, and it makes sense that they're going to send you the worst one so that their shelves look better. For people who care what they look like, I'm not sure why you'd ever buy a used copy you can't examine beforehand.

And, quite frankly, mine has started taking the copy you pick out into the back and switching it with whatever torn-up copy they have laying around, so you can't hardly win. I got a Battlefield 2 today that he switched out with one that still had a $54.99 Electronics Boutique sticker on it. I don't get it, or maybe I do and they want to get rid of all the crap.

It'll be YMMV in store as far as starting tonight is concerned. I confirmed with my friend who is the manager that the email specifically stated that the B2G1 should not start until tomorrow morning, even though it's active in store, for those of who you wants to go there tonight.

Buying online I see this

" This used product is guaranteed to work and may not include an instruction manual or original box."

basically saying no of there games will come with a box/manual and there way of lying by using the word "may" as in might have one.

What is the experience of buying online game from them used? Are they sticker coated loaded, any boxes, manuals if so are they jacked up.

[quote name='DS9']Buying online I see this

" This used product is guaranteed to work and may not include an instruction manual or original box."

basically saying no of there games will come with a box/manual and there way of lying by using the word "may" as in might have one.

What is the experience of buying online game from them used? Are they sticker coated loaded, any boxes, manuals if so are they jacked up.[/QUOTE]

Its hit or miss so are just a scratched up did in a generic case others look almost brand new. You always have the option to return/exchange at a retail store if you don't like them.

Got mine in my cart ready to pop as soon as the coupon goes live.

[quote name='DS9']Buying online I see this

What is the experience of buying online game from them used? Are they sticker coated loaded, any boxes, manuals if so are they jacked up.[/QUOTE]

Basically it's pretty crappy. Just read this page and the last couple of pages, and that should give you an idea.

[quote name='Squarehard']It'll be YMMV in store as far as starting tonight is concerned. I confirmed with my friend who is the manager that the email specifically stated that the B2G1 should not start until tomorrow morning, even though it's active in store, for those of who you wants to go there tonight.[/QUOTE]
thanks. i'll check my closest store tonight just in case.

Anyone know if I order DS games from their website and they arrive cart only, can I go to the store to swap them for more complete copies?

Edit: Seems that folks say if I don't like the quality I can just return the games to the store.

Anyone know if this deal will be live in stores tomorrow?

[quote name='utopianmachine']Anyone know if I order DS games from their website and they arrive cart only, can I go to the store to swap them for more complete copies?[/QUOTE]

I was able to do it no problem at one of my local stores, the guys that work there are awesome. YMMV though, but I don't see it being a problem.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Anyone know if I order DS games from their website and they arrive cart only, can I go to the store to swap them for more complete copies?

Edit: Seems that folks say if I don't like the quality I can just return the games to the store.

Anyone know if this deal will be live in stores tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

It will be officially live tomorrow in stores. And exchanging it will be YMMV depending on the store you go to. However you are openly welcome to do GS.com returns at any B&M store with no problem.

[quote name='Survivalism']They just mail you a copy from any random store, and it makes sense that they're going to send you the worst one so that their shelves look better. For people who care what they look like, I'm not sure why you'd ever buy a used copy you can't examine beforehand.

And, quite frankly, mine has started taking the copy you pick out into the back and switching it with whatever torn-up copy they have laying around, so you can't hardly win. I got a Battlefield 2 today that he switched out with one that still had a $54.99 Electronics Boutique sticker on it. I don't get it, or maybe I do and they want to get rid of all the crap.[/QUOTE]
:lol: Now that's a great policy to have. Take the good case/artwork/manual that someone hands them to the back and bring out the shittiest of the shit condition garbage they have laying around in the back. At that point I'd be like 'I wanted the one that I handed you guys'. If they say 'this is all we have' and no money/credit has changed hands, then I tell them good day and leave.

But considering Gamestop's usual core clientele I'm sure many just take the disc only garbage and are on their merry way.:roll:

I bought MAG, Infamous, and Uncharted 1 during the last B2G1 sale a month ago and when they came in the mail only the uncharted didn't load so I took all 3 and the receipt to a local GS and they happily switched out the 2 generic cases(MAG and Infamous) and gave me authentic cases w/inserts and instructions(neither came w instructions) and gave me an Uncharted working disc(looking like new) also w/instructions and inserts and a Greatest Hits case. So I was very happy buying online and swapping in store without any issues here in Chicago no problem if this helps anyone on the fence about buying online. I did check with the store first before bringing everything in on a different day just to make sure.

i don't understand why GS.com is allowed to sell crap discs/games that don't work, just to have people swap them in-store and then get sent back to the same place in TX. frustrating to have to always do this.

Live now - unless the code just isn't activated. The banner's up..

I swear there's absolutely nothing that I want from a B2G1... I got 8 free games out of the last one and I'm only on the first one (Borderlands) actually playing the game... Not to mention the rest of my backlog...

Things I've learned with used games on GS.com:

-Don't buy CE unless you don't care about the extras (i.e. extra manuals, sleeves, non-plastic case)
-Age of game doesn't dictate anything (i.e. 2 year old games coming complete, 2 week old games coming scratched w/o case)
-Things go in & out of stock often
-Some high demand games are cheaper online than in store (yes MW2 falls in this category)

Dear Gamestop,
I normally don't purchase from you, but I have a cart full of games that I would like to buy. Your pretty little banner says buy two get one free, yet the checkout nazi says no deal for you.
What gives?
Sincerely,
EVERYONE!

bread's done
Back