Buy 2, Get 1 Free Used Games & Accessories at GameStop

msuna

CAGiversary!
[IMG-r=5198]7291[/IMG-r]Use coupon code B2G1FREE to activate GameStop.com's buy 2, get 1 free used game & accessories sale. Offer valid in-store too. Sale ends Saturday, 7/17.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop.com

Last edited by a moderator:
So... Thursday morning it will be working, correct? I just want confirmation so I don't go out and look like a fool in the morning. Weird days to start it at though.

what games are you guys planning on getting? I just want some good used prices pointed out to me. I was going to get some old gamecube games, but they all say not available online D:

[quote name='jbroush99']Dear Gamestop,
I normally don't purchase from you, but I have a cart full of games that I would like to buy. Your pretty little banner says buy two get one free, yet the checkout nazi says no deal for you.
What gives?
Sincerely,
EVERYONE![/QUOTE]
Is not working for me either.
By the way on the banner says July 15 - 17, three days only. It is not July 15 yet and may be it will start working at midnight.

How is this better than the 25off deal? I have 6 games loaded on my cart and the 2 cheapest are 19.99 and 22.99 = 42.98 (i assume these would be my freebies). I loaded up the 250ff code and get a total of $49 off the cart.

I guess it's worth it if you pick like priced items (3 - 39.99, 3 - 39.99 = -59.98 (25off) vs -79.98(b2g1)

used prices seem high compared to the new game prices also this deal doesn't awaken my inner cag like other deals have in the past.

Help me see the light.

[quote name='neocvera']How is this better than the 25off deal? I have 6 games loaded on my cart and the 2 cheapest are 19.99 and 22.99 = 42.98 (i assume these would be my freebies). I loaded up the 250ff code and get a total of $49 off the cart.

I guess it's worth it if you pick like priced items (3 - 39.99, 3 - 39.99 = -59.98 (25off) vs -79.98(b2g1)

used prices seem high compared to the new game prices also this deal doesn't awaken my inner cag like other deals have in the past.

Help me see the light.[/QUOTE]

I think you're right. I was just doing the math... 25used seems better, especially with Edge and Saver.

If it works with my $10 coupon I will probably bite on Arkham Asylum GotY, then sell 2 of whatever else I get to make it cheaper.

Did the math... the games I wanna buy come out cheaper on Amazon than with this offer. And free 2-day shipping thanks to prime.

[quote name='neocvera']How is this better than the 25off deal? I have 6 games loaded on my cart and the 2 cheapest are 19.99 and 22.99 = 42.98 (i assume these would be my freebies). I loaded up the 250ff code and get a total of $49 off the cart.

Help me see the light.[/QUOTE]

Basically if you get all same priced games, you're getting 33% off. Even one game off of the price, and you're still getting around 28-30%.

Once you start having games in big ranges, 25% (or 27.5% w/EDGE) is a much better deal. Plus you won't be saying to yourself, "Crap I only have 4 games in my cart I need to find 2 more."

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: Now that's a great policy to have. Take the good case/artwork/manual that someone hands them to the back and bring out the shittiest of the shit condition garbage they have laying around in the back. At that point I'd be like 'I wanted the one that I handed you guys'. If they say 'this is all we have' and no money/credit has changed hands, then I tell them good day and leave.

But considering Gamestop's usual core clientele I'm sure many just take the disc only garbage and are on their merry way.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know, I'm part of the problem, and I fell for it the first time but I haven't really felt the need to complain since. I watch them and make sure I'm OK with it before I leave, and if it's something I'm not willing to pay for, I'll let them know. I had a steelbook today I wasn't taking any chances with but apparently it was the only one in the store. Once I got a Gamestop-new copy and certainly wasn't going to complain then. It's just lame. Maybe I'll fire off a letter and see what they say.

I would hop all over this of they had any Transformers: War for Cybertron or Lego Harry Potter for 360 used.

I was told 9pm CST which is 10pm EST. Not sure what the problem is. I've emailed GS to let them know. Sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i just decided to used 25used because i don't need 3 games. Just got Alpha Protocol for $23.62 with edge and saver as well. I had $8 credit so around $15 to give this game a shot sounded about right to me. Maybe next time B2G1

Cleveland - Amazing price for that game. While I can certainly see why critics have hit the game hard, I enjoyed it immensely. One of the few games I've played this year that once I started, I just didn't want to play any other games. Just keep in mind that it's an RPG well before it's a shooter.

Here's a comparison of how this varies from the 25USED coupon code:

You have 3 games, all $49.99 used
B2G1: After Edge Card these are all $44.99, you buy 2 for $89.98 and get 1 free
25USED: After 25% discount they are each $37.49 and after Edge $33.74. You buy all 3 for $101.23

Using that example you would save about $11. B2G1 gives you a 40% discount with Edge, USED25 gives you a 32.5% discount with Edge.

[quote name='timberwolfbobby']Cleveland - Amazing price for that game. While I can certainly see why critics have hit the game hard, I enjoyed it immensely. One of the few games I've played this year that once I started, I just didn't want to play any other games. Just keep in mind that it's an RPG well before it's a shooter.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just recently finished Mass Effect 2 as well so I kinda have to realize it isn't going to be the same. I am definitely going to go into it knowing it's not a shooter first and that should help. I was going to get it day 1 but all the reviews kind of shied me away from it. But I am glad I will finally get to try it at a reasonable price. I recently was reading it wont be getting a sequel because of its sale figures so that's a bummer.

I entered "b2g1" and it recognized the code -Coupon B2G1 - Buy 2 Used Games Get 1 Free. But no discount appeared.

[quote name='converse']Here's a comparison of how this varies from the 25USED coupon code:

You have 3 games, all $49.99 used
B2G1: After Edge Card these are all $44.99, you buy 2 for $89.98 and get 1 free
25USED: After 25% discount they are each $37.49 and after Edge $33.74. You buy all 3 for $101.23

Using that example you would save about $11. B2G1 gives you a 40% discount with Edge, USED25 gives you a 32.5% discount with Edge.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and if you order 3 $39.99 games with 25used, edge, and saver it comes out to $80.98. If you used B2G1 it comes out to $71.98. So it seems if you are ordering 3 games as long as they are all over about $30 it is a slightly better deal to go with B2G1 but if you only need 1 you aren't losing out too much.

Don't know if anyone's posted this yet, but B2G1 is the best deal you could get at GS as long as all your items are priced the same.

Do the math...

B2G1

$100+$100+$100=$300 - $100 for the free one=$200 - 10% EDGE on the 2 you are paying for = $180 = 40% off.

$100+$100+$100=$300 - 35% = $195.

i'm able to apply the coupon code "B2G1" and it says buy 2 used get 1 free.. but it is not changing the price at all

[quote name='DarkRider23']Don't know if anyone's posted this yet, but B2G1 is the best deal you could get at GS as long as all your items are priced the same.

Do the math...

B2G1

$100+$100+$100=$300 - $100 for the free one=$200 - 10% EDGE on the 2 you are paying for = $180 = 40% off.

$100+$100+$100=$300 - 35% = $195.[/QUOTE]
Ift hat wasn't a couple of posts above you might have something there ;) It's actually 32.5% off with 25USED, but who are we to argue over 2.5%

[quote name='DarkRider23']Don't know if anyone's posted this yet, but B2G1 is the best deal you could get at GS as long as all your items are priced the same.

Do the math...

B2G1

$100+$100+$100=$300 - 35% = $195.[/QUOTE]
Online the 25% off and Edge don't stack the same as in store. It takes off the bonus then Edge, so it's:

$100+$100+$100=$300 x .75 x .9 = $202.50 (32.5% off)

And converse mentioned that ;)

[quote name='poker360']i'm able to apply the coupon code "B2G1" and it says buy 2 used get 1 free.. but it is not changing the price at all[/QUOTE]
Hasn't it been doing that for a while?

[quote name='JP']Hasn't it been doing that for a while?[/QUOTE]

Oh, i don't know.. I was just trying it and that's what happened.

Typing in the code gives an error...
"The coupon you entered is not currently valid. Please check the spelling of the code and the expiration date of the coupon."

I'm confused.

Well, I'm done waiting. I'll check back in the morning, when all the games in my cart will be sold out.

I'm not sure why everyone's getting bent out of shape that the sale isn't live let, it's not going to go through until business hours tomorrow anyway.

I'm not sure why everyone's getting bent out of shape that the sale isn't live let, it's not going to go through until business hours tomorrow anyway.

its already on the front page of the website so you figure if they are gonna advertise it that the code should be live.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']its already on the front page of the website so you figure if they are gonna advertise it that the code should be live.[/QUOTE]

I retracted my statement, but still. You're all smart enough to know when a ton of people dive on a website all at once it's probably not going to work right immediately.

i can't believe gs is doing another b2, g1. It's the second time in a span of a month. Maybe they are doing one weekend a month? That would be a good thing.

[quote name='finstersucks']i can't believe gs is doing another b2, g1. It's the second time in a span of a month. Maybe they are doing one weekend a month? That would be a good thing.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop has all of these going at once:

-25% off used over 19.99
-B2G1 Free Used
-20% off all used 360/PS3 (1 day only)

All while having the trade 3, get $10 bonus. Maybe they're trying to get rid of all the Dirt 2 that they made a whopping $2 on. (It was part of the $25 bonus, and it sells for $27 used).

Got in my cart Heavy Rain,Uncharted2 and Fifa10 ( damn disc broke and i don`t want to pay $60 for new one, when fifa11 is just 2 months away) but coupons still isn`t working .its 12:45AM NY

[quote name='rp71284']Gamestop has all of these going at once:

-25% off used over 19.99
-B2G1 Free Used
-20% off all used 360/PS3 (1 day only)
[/QUOTE]

If only Gamestop stacked...:drool:

Damn...I was in the store today & picked up Dragon Quest 9 w/ some returns & accessories I traded in.

I haven't opened up DQ yet, so the question is, do I pick up some used DS games such as Bowser's Inside Story, Phantom Hourglass, Megaman Zero Collection, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, or Scribblenauts (amongst some RPG's), or keep DQ?

Hmm... :???:

Gonna have to pass on this one. I haven't even gotten around to beating the 3 games I got during the last B2G1 deal, jumped on Amazon's shortlived $20 deal on Blur, I just got DQ9 and NCAA 2011, and I'm expecting Blazblue: Continuum Shift at the end of the month.

This gaming/spending habit of mine is definitely gonna have to go once I start my masters program next month.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']which is better guys, RE 5 or Devil may cry 4?[/QUOTE]

I have personally played more of RE5 than DMC, however I liked RE5 better.

It's comparing apples to oranges though.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']which is better guys, RE 5 or Devil may cry 4?[/QUOTE]

Even though they are both downgrades from their predecessors, I'd say DMC4 is the better made game.

I bought Smackdown v Raw 10 today for like 35 used. Can I just go back to gamestop tomorrow and return it than re-buy it and Mass Effect 2 and get Arkham Asylum free?

bread's done
Back