Buy 2, Get 1 Free Used Games & Accessories at GameStop

msuna

CAGiversary!
[IMG-r=5198]7291[/IMG-r]Use coupon code B2G1FREE to activate GameStop.com's buy 2, get 1 free used game & accessories sale. Offer valid in-store too. Sale ends Saturday, 7/17.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop.com

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LakersForLife82481']Hey guys here's the situation. I placed an order for Modnation racers and GTA IV both for PS3 on tues. night. When I check the order history, it shows that modnation racers has shipped and there is a tracking number for it, but GTA IV shows Pending, and has no tracking number. The thing though, is, that they took the amount of both Modnation and GTA IV out of my gift card, so both have been paid for. I find it weird though, cause i thought that both items would ship together. Anyway, if it matters though, i also used SAVER free shipping. Any ideas guys? Thanks!

EDIT: And if by some reason they CANCEL GTA IV, they would put the amount back in my GC right?[/QUOTE]

So anyone know? I'm really sorry to bug you guys :(

So I went in to take in this offer in store. Turns out Demon's Souls is NOT the $25 listed on the GameStop website. They wanted $37 for it. I asked the cashier about it and they said they don't match their OWN website. I picked up a different game instead.

I've had other retailers match different online retailers for me before, and I've never been to a place that doesn't price according to their own website.

Gotta say I'm a little disappointed.

[quote name='socash11']So I went in to take in this offer in store. Turns out Demon's Souls is NOT the $25 listed on the GameStop website. They wanted $37 for it. I asked the cashier about it and they said they don't match their OWN website. I picked up a different game instead.

I've had other retailers match different online retailers for me before, and I've never been to a place that doesn't price according to their own website.

Gotta say I'm a little disappointed.[/QUOTE]

"Online price only." Right on the product page.

[quote name='kynetarse']"Online price only." Right on the product page.[/QUOTE]

Still, none of the four games I looked at were identical to the online price. Each one was marked up 2-5 bucks. If it's going to show you which stores it's available at shouldn't they also tell you the price it's available at the store if it's going to be different from the online price?

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']So anyone know? I'm really sorry to bug you guys :([/QUOTE]

Don't worry too much. Chances are you'll have both games soon enough. It could haven been due to one of many things, such as variation in stock or location, or maybe they did both ship but the website has not updated correctly. In any case, if anything goes wrong, call CS (some patience needed ;)) and they are usually very good about fixing these situations.

[quote name='socash11']Still, none of the four games I looked at were identical to the online price. Each one was marked up 2-5 bucks. If it's going to show you which stores it's available at shouldn't they also tell you the price it's available at the store if it's going to be different from the online price?[/QUOTE]

*online price only*

[quote name='confoosious']*online price only*[/QUOTE]

Apparently that's their out. Why even call the website GameStop if the information on the website doesn't correlate at all with the brick and mortar GameStop?

Just seems like bad business to be able to say "well look, it's an online only price, we aren't going to match it". Sure, as a customer you can walk away, but if a retailer wants to keep your business and can obviously stay profitable at their own online prices why not match it?

You can't buy new at GameStop in store because you might just get an employee used "gutted" copy. You can't buy used in store because the prices are higher than on their website. And you certainly can't buy used from their website because you're going to get a disc only copy with considerably lessened resale value. I guess I'm just not buying from GameStop at all.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']So anyone know? I'm really sorry to bug you guys :([/QUOTE]

I don't know this for 100% truth, but I believe when you buy stuff with a gift card/store credit at gs online, they take the money immediately, lest you go spend it on something else in the meantime before it ships. The fact the other item hasn't shipped yet shouldn't concern you too much...I've had split shipments in the past. If it has been more than say five days and it still hasn't shipped, you should give them a call.

dude, what are you going on about.

online price only means online price only. It's not like it DOESN'T say online price only.

it's a pain in the ass sometimes but it's not the end of the world. It's cheaper to maintain an online presence than a brick and mortar presence. It makes sense that online prices would be cheaper.

I suggest you do not shop at Gamestop if you don't like their policies.

[quote name='confoosious']dude, what are you going on about.

online price only means online price only. It's not like it DOESN'T say online price only.

it's a pain in the ass sometimes but it's not the end of the world. It's cheaper to maintain an online presence than a brick and mortar presence. It makes sense that online prices would be cheaper.

I suggest you do not shop at Gamestop if you don't like their policies.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I'm going to do. Doesn't mean I can't gripe about my experience today while taking them up on this deal. What else is the internet for? Maybe some other CAG will decide whether or not to shop their based upon my experience.

From what I can tell there is no way to reliably get a copy of a used game in good condition from that retailer, so I won't be going there any more.

I guess I can understand that not having to maintain a physical presence may reduce the cost of online transactions to them, but it's not common practice to have those price disparities (look at BestBuy, or KMart). This one simple policy change would mean the difference between me shopping there or not. It hardly seems like a lot to ask of them if they want to compete for the business of consumers such as myself.

Does the 360 or ps3 Resident evil 5 gold bonus come on a 2nd disc or a download card? TIA

I have re5 for the 360 I was thinking of getting a used gold edition.

Most CAGs already know what *online price only* means.

It's pretty simple.

Sometimes you get stuff offline, sometimes you get stuff online, sometimes the deals are both. You can't use a 25USED code at the brick and mortar store and you can't see the condition of the used item before purchase when you buy online. CAGs know brick and mortar online.

[quote name='gepet0']Does the 360 or ps3 Resident evil 5 gold bonus come on a 2nd disc or a download card? TIA

I have re5 for the 360 I was thinking of getting a used gold edition.[/QUOTE]

Apparently the 360 version of Gold Edition is identical to the regular RE5, it simply came with a download code for the DLC. For the PS3 version the DLC is on the disc.

[quote name='gepet0']Does the 360 or ps3 Resident evil 5 gold bonus come on a 2nd disc or a download card? TIA

The PS3 version includes the bonus content on a disc. The 360 version comes with a card.

Keep the original version. The stuff comes on a download card.

I thought the samething the moment the Gold version was announced only to have my dreams crushed by the fact that the 360 version has the stuff on a download card while the PS3 version has it on disc.

I find the price differences to be pretty drastic press your luck is 9.99 online and 29.99 in store! It's crazy but I don't really care I just get the game where it's cheaper

Yeah, it says online only. And if you don't like it, you leave. If they're willing to lose a customer over it, so be it. It's their loss.

However, why not just PM their online price like most other stores that maintain both an online and B&M presence? They won't lose a customer, which is more important, by far, that making that $4-5 extra on that sale. Most people don't even know there's a difference in price, so it won't affect the profit from those buyers. It's the same as PM'ing another store. Most customers don't do it, but the ones who bring in an ad, if you give them the match, they'll stay a loyal customer, and it's only a handful that really call you on the policy, so you're not losing out much, and you gain loyal repeat customers.

Personally, I've walked out on buying a few games because of this policy, then ordered it online later. It's not that big a deal to me. I realize I'm a repeat customer and just contradicted my earlier statements but... oh well.

Funny how they'll PM another store that has it for less than their online price, though (at the few GS that still do PMs).

I've had my orders ship out separately before. In a 4 game order, 2 came in one package and the other 2 games came 2 days later in a separate package. I wouldn't worry too much, but if a long amount of time has passed and the second game still hasn't shipped, send an email to [email protected] and see if they know what the hold up is.

[quote name='socash11']Apparently that's their out. Why even call the website GameStop if the information on the website doesn't correlate at all with the brick and mortar GameStop?

Just seems like bad business to be able to say "well look, it's an online only price, we aren't going to match it". Sure, as a customer you can walk away, but if a retailer wants to keep your business and can obviously stay profitable at their own online prices why not match it?

You can't buy new at GameStop in store because you might just get an employee used "gutted" copy. You can't buy used in store because the prices are higher than on their website. And you certainly can't buy used from their website because you're going to get a disc only copy with considerably lessened resale value. I guess I'm just not buying from GameStop at all.[/QUOTE]
Normally I'm one of the first ones to rip on Gamestop for their shitty policies, but nitpicking over online vs. in-store differences is like comparing apples to oranges.

As has been said before, online orders may or may not come from actual retail stores, so it's a total crapshoot as to whether or not the store that fulfills your order will want to give you the best or worst condition copy they have. But if I were a manager at a store fulfilling orders from the website, I know I'd want to keep the best condition stuff for my actual customers who support my store and keep me employed as opposed to some Joe Shmoe who ordered the game online.

But is it REALLY so hard to go to the local Gamestop after your disc only copy of X or Y game comes in and ask them to swap out for a complete/mint copy?

If Amazon themselves were actually selling the games they're taking in, I have a feeling they would try to match Gamestop's prices to give them some real competition, but as of now Gamestop has no major competitors(save for maybe Gamefly)in the used game business. So why should they price match their website's prices in store when they know the person after you in line will probably just buy their games at whatever price they're charging and not expect them to bend over backwards to get a sale?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but if you don't like the policies Gamestop has, then shop elsewhere. Try GoHastings.com, as they almost always have cheaper prices and are nitpicky like FYE on condition/completeness, though they do charge about $4 an item for shipping since the orders come from across all of their stores.

[quote name='confoosious']Most CAGs already know what *online price only* means.

It's pretty simple.

Sometimes you get stuff offline, sometimes you get stuff online, sometimes the deals are both. You can't use a 25USED code at the brick and mortar store and you can't see the condition of the used item before purchase when you buy online. CAGs know brick and mortar online.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to bother gracing you with anything more than this last post, as posts don't get much more facetious than that last one of yours was. For most retailers brick and mortar is equivalent to online, and I was incorrect to assume it, but I'm SURE I'm not the only one ever to make the mistake and hopefully someone now knows as a result of my experience.

[quote name='socash11'] but I'm SURE I'm not the only one ever to make the mistake and hopefully someone now knows as a result of my experience.[/QUOTE]

Don't sweat it.

As a precaution I always figure the GS online price is about 5 bucks cheaper than in-store whenever it says 'online only'.

There have even been times that the online price is higher than in-store, but rarely.

I have only been able to get them to once match the online price but then he didnt want to use the Edge discount on top of the PM (even though online I could) so I said forget it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Normally I'm one of the first ones to rip on Gamestop for their shitty policies, but nitpicking over online vs. in-store differences is like comparing apples to oranges.

As has been said before, online orders may or may not come from actual retail stores, so it's a total crapshoot as to whether or not the store that fulfills your order will want to give you the best or worst condition copy they have. But if I were a manager at a store fulfilling orders from the website, I know I'd want to keep the best condition stuff for my actual customers who support my store and keep me employed as opposed to some Joe Shmoe who ordered the game online.

But is it REALLY so hard to go to the local Gamestop after your disc only copy of X or Y game comes in and ask them to swap out for a complete/mint copy?

If Amazon themselves were actually selling the games they're taking in, I have a feeling they would try to match Gamestop's prices to give them some real competition, but as of now Gamestop has no major competitors(save for maybe Gamefly)in the used game business. So why should they price match their website's prices in store when they know the person after you in line will probably just buy their games at whatever price they're charging and not expect them to bend over backwards to get a sale?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but if you don't like the policies Gamestop has, then shop elsewhere. Try GoHastings.com, as they almost always have cheaper prices and are nitpicky like FYE on condition/completeness, though they do charge about $4 an item for shipping since the orders come from across all of their stores.[/QUOTE]

I actually didn't know that they'd swap out used copies in store from online orders. Good information that.

But like I said, this is like the ONLY time I've bought from GameStop in store in the last year or two, and it will probably be the last for the forseeable future. It's not like I'm going in, having a bad experience and then going back and making the same mistake again. I'm going to take my own advice and chock it up to experience.

I just thought posting might be a useful FYI to other nitpicky occassional customer CAGs like me who would only go there for one of their big discount sales such as this.

IATTCG - i thought all GS online orders shipped from a central warehouse? (KY or TX depending on condition) and not from individual stores like GoHastings does. I think their used stock comes from excess inventory that was shipped from the stores back to the warehouse in Grapvine TX?

Alpha Protocol was recently cheaper in store than online. Nobody bitched at the store for not matching the online price for that one.

[quote name='socash11']I'm not going to bother gracing you with anything more than this last post, as posts don't get much more facetious than that last one of yours was. For most retailers brick and mortar is equivalent to online, and I was incorrect to assume it, but I'm SURE I'm not the only one ever to make the mistake and hopefully someone now knows as a result of my experience.[/QUOTE]

I have no problems with you informing the masses of the discrepancy between GS.com and Gamestop stores. I just object to you crying like a bitch about it, especially when it's your failure to read "online price only" that resulted in the issue at the store in the first place. If its YOUR error, don't bitch about the company like they are tricking you somehow. Yeah, I know it's trendy to rant about GS but sometimes you gotta let a business be a business. They aren't here to be your friend.

[quote name='socash11']I'm not going to bother gracing you with anything more than this last post, as posts don't get much more facetious than that last one of yours was. For most retailers brick and mortar is equivalent to online, and I was incorrect to assume it, but I'm SURE I'm not the only one ever to make the mistake and hopefully someone now knows as a result of my experience.[/QUOTE]

That's probably a good idea.

Don't waste your energy. :)

[quote name='confoosious']
Alpha Protocol was recently cheaper in store than online. Nobody bitched at the store for not matching the online price for that one.[/QUOTE]

lol thats true

20 bucks cheaper if I recall (34.99 in-store/54.99 online)

I cruised out to a far off GS that supposedly had Trapt and Outrun 2006 for PS2 in stock.
After searching through the used PS2 racks, I asked the clerk if there were any more PS2 games anywhere and he directed me to the disc-only "bargain bins" on the counter. Apparently both games I wanted were SOMEWHERE in these two huge bins and neither one came with a case or manual. Screw that!

I did pick up the following at another GS:

-Mega Man ZX for DS - $12.99
-Nervous Brickdown for DS - $9.99
-Loco Roco 2 for PSP - free

Gamestop has a used game deal on their weekly ad saying rainbow six vegas 2 is $10 but when i add it to my cart its at $17. Whats up with that, is it in store only? Does anyone know?

[quote name='confoosious']IATTCG - i thought all GS online orders shipped from a central warehouse? (KY or TX depending on condition) and not from individual stores like GoHastings does. I think their used stock comes from excess inventory that was shipped from the stores back to the warehouse in Grapvine TX?[/QUOTE]
That just might be, though you never know with Gamestop, since my copy of Little Big Planet GOTY was sent from somewhere out in CA when I ordered it. Even worse was that it went WEST(to Hawaii) instead of EAST(instead of shipping to PA) when it shipped out.

So they may mix and match if they don't have any stock of X or Y game at their central warehouses.

Ended up getting SF4, Prince of Persia, Dark Sector, and Fight Night 4 for $50. Also got Tomb Raider Anniversary and The Wheelman for $40. So spent $82 all together but me and my brother get half and half.

Looks like UFC 2010 for the PS3 doesn't count for this deal so I will have to pass. Anybody know why? The Xbox 360 version counts for it.

[quote name='zeus17x']Gamestop has a used game deal on their weekly ad saying rainbow six vegas 2 is $10 but when i add it to my cart its at $17. Whats up with that, is it in store only? Does anyone know?[/QUOTE]

If you ring out for JUST this game, at checkout it should discount to $10. If you are attempting a buy 2 get 1 free, deals do not stack, therefore you get the Buy 2 Get 1 in lieu of the deal of the week.

There are some weird ass prices online. Little League World Series 2009 is only $9.99. I could have sworn I saw it in store today for at least $24

Also, Dirt 2 for the Wii is 8.98. I literally traded that in to a local Gamestop today and got $8 in trade +.80 from Edge Card and $3.33 for the $10 deal.

great... waited for this deal now DEMON SOUL is STILL sold out... just my luck.. and yes the prices are not the same from B&M .. case in point Demon souls $24.99 at the store is $34.99

anyone want to sell me their copy?

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Went in picked up NCAA Football 11, Alpha Protocol, and Backbreaker for free.[/QUOTE]

someone already turned around and traded ncaa 11? god damn thats quick! Good job!

[quote name='babycarlitos']great... waited for this deal now DEMON SOUL is STILL sold out... just my luck.. and yes the prices are not the same from B&M .. case in point Demon souls $24.99 at the store is $34.99

anyone want to sell me their copy?[/QUOTE]

Agreed but the fact that I can buy Dirt 2 for literally the same as they would give me in trade without any special bonuses is a bit odd.

Picked up:

:ps2: Xenosaga III (absolutely mint)
:360: Far Cry 2
:360: HAWX

I know HAWX is supposed to be on sale on sunday for $10 used but I couldn't find another game in the $20 range that I wanted.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Picked up:

:ps2: Xenosaga III (absolutely mint)
:360: Far Cry 2
:360: HAWX

I know HAWX is supposed to be on sale on sunday for $10 used but I couldn't find another game in the $20 range that I wanted.[/QUOTE]

I think there was a Xenosaga Reprint. Every Gamestop by me has it and it seems to be unlimited quantities online.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Can anyone confirm that this includes accessories as well? I'd like to finally pick up a Playstation Eye.[/QUOTE]

It always has in the past.

[quote name='Steggy']someone already turned around and traded ncaa 11? god damn thats quick! Good job![/QUOTE]

Yeah i was suprised too. I was a little suspicious so i asked if they knew why it was traded in and they didnt know. Seems to work fine so far.

bread's done
Back