Buy 2, Get 1 Free Used Games & Accessories at GameStop

msuna

CAGiversary!
[IMG-r=5198]7291[/IMG-r]Use coupon code B2G1FREE to activate GameStop.com's buy 2, get 1 free used game & accessories sale. Offer valid in-store too. Sale ends Saturday, 7/17.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop.com

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rp71284']Darn if the sale was a week earlier, you could have made out like a bandit with those FI PS3 games. It was like $30 something on AZ for a day.[/QUOTE]
wHAT IS aZ? GAZZELE? I KNOW ON EBAY THEYVE GONE FOR CONSISTENTLY $32-39 FOR THE LAST YEAR AND A HALF OR SO. sorry for the caps, caught myself midstream and didnt want to edit.

wasn't gonna bite but i wanted to pick up tales so i ended up getting:

tales of vesperia
skate 3
god of war 3

I have a question about GS's return policy on B2G1 free.

I bought Oblivion, Demon's Souls, and Folklore. I don't really like Folklore and want to exchange it for another game. Can I just bring that in and exchange it or must I bring in all 3 games and return all of them and rebuy them? The reason I ask is because Oblivion wasn't for me, it was for a friend and he lives kinda far away. I don't want to have to drive to his town or have him come to my town just so I can do an exchange.

[quote name='Jimbo1']I have a question about GS's return policy on B2G1 free.

I bought Oblivion, Demon's Souls, and Folklore. I don't really like Folklore and want to exchange it for another game. Can I just bring that in and exchange it or must I bring in all 3 games and return all of them and rebuy them? The reason I ask is because Oblivion wasn't for me, it was for a friend and he lives kinda far away. I don't want to have to drive to his town or have him come to my town just so I can do an exchange.[/QUOTE]

yea just bring in the game you do not want and you can exchange it for a game of equal value.:cool:

I was able to pick up some stuff on the last day.

One Piece: Unlimited Adventure
Naruto: The Broken Bond
Tales of Vesperia

[quote name='dinovelvet']So is the B2G1 still working today in-store? I could go for one more run I guess[/QUOTE]

yes probably not but i was wondering as well, i may make a run up there for the power whatever they call it sale and see if the b2g1 sign is still up

Snagged me Fear 2, Call of Juarez, Call of Juarez:BiB. I was really holding out for steam to have these on sale, but I decided to bite the bullet and get them for 360.

[quote name='BigPopov']no not working today. traded in some stuff for the $10 bonus but couldn't get in on B2G1 deal. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I suppose some stores may still be running the B2G1, but it's dead online and in a lot of stores at least.

Picked up Tiger 11. Tried it out. Shot a round of 50 right off the bat. Decided, that's just a bit TOO easy.
I went back to return it. Thought I'd have to get something else. I was impressed when guy (store manager actually) just said. "well it's not the free one, so you get a full refund for that game". Cool.

There were problems with my trips to Gamestop for this sale: Two stores didn't have the game in stock but had cases and one store forgot to put the disc inside the case. I must have bought 24 games and I would love to list them.

BUT, I'm going through the discs to make sure they work and I've already found two games that won't even load (both PS2 titles; both came from the same Gamestop).

After this post, I'm testing the PS3 and Gamecube titles. Fingers crossed for the best.

question...

I got Ninja Blade as my freebie yesterday during the B2G1 sale. I'm not that opposed to playing Ninja Blade (it looks pretty decent), but a store a few miles down the interstate has Deadly Premonition used, and i'd rather have that.

Just wondering if i could bring all 3 games in i bought, and just SWAP the freebie for another $24.99 or lower game? The only thing i see not making this possible is that it's another store, and i already removed the Gamestop stickers from the case...but i'm sure this has been done before; just wondering how my odds might play

so the code only works online until midnight tonight? i grabbed soul calibur 4 used for $10 along with lego batman/pure and just cause.

I picked up for $103.69 on Friday morning...

All PS3:

Skate 3 - $54.99
Transformers WFC - $49.99
Uncharted 2 - FREE

I considred picking up Skate 3 and Transformers WFC through the new POWER sale that starts today, but it would have still cost me $90 plus tax ($8.75) just to get those 2 games. In that scenario, they would've needed to sell me Uncharted 2 for $5 for me to have matched the booty I scored with the B2G1. So I feel pretty fortunate this time round.

Also, I feel lucky to have found all 3 of these titles in one store.

They also had Batman AA: GOTY for $44.99 used, but I don't think GOTY is worth that much (unless u value 3D glasses) b/c u can get it for less if u buy regular edition used at $34.99 (or $20 new) and the maps for $7 on PSN.

I picked up Zelda Minish Cap (only Zelda game I've never played...damn is it good), Zelda Phantom Hourglass, & Mario Kart Double Dash (free game...my wife wanted me to pick it up since we don't have another Wii yet) for gamecube.

No money out of pocket after trades...about $40 for all 3...not bad as I still have a few $$$ left on my EDGE card.

The 6 PSP games I ordered came today. 4 of the 6 came in the original packaging, one came UMD only, and one came in a blank PSP (black) case. I can always buy a pack of empty standard PSP cases at BRE Software for like $10, and print out the cover arts if need be.

I was surprised on the shipping. I ordered on 7/16, selected value shipping (since it was free with coupon) and it arrived today via UPS. Last time I ordered from GameStop.com the package took about 10 business days to arrive.

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']I picked up Zelda Minish Cap (only Zelda game I've never played...damn is it good), Zelda Phantom Hourglass, & Mario Kart Double Dash (free game...my wife wanted me to pick it up since we don't have another Wii yet) for gamecube.

No money out of pocket after trades...about $40 for all 3...not bad as I still have a few $$$ left on my EDGE card.[/QUOTE]

Good choice, Bernard. It's probably one of the most under-appreciated Zeldas. I certainly enjoyed it more than Phantom Hourglass...

I knew nothing about this sale til the one previous to this last one about a couple months ago. So when i stumbled on it then i had no ideal it only ran for a few days so this time i was waiting for it to come back to get Crackdown 2 and i ended up racking up $376.66 worth of games at 2 different Gamestops. I picked up a few cheap games for achievements and a few gems.

Here's my list broken down in the groupings i bought them to maximize the savings. All but 2 games are 360 games because i'm an achievement whore. Also purchased an Edge card/subscription that day for the extra 10% off on the purchases:

1st GS:
Call of Duty MW2 - 54.99
Super Mario Galaxy 2(Wii) - 44.99
Army of Two The 40th Day - Free Game(34.99)

Rock Band: Beatles - 26.99
Elder Scrolls IV GOTY - 26.99
Sacred 2 Fallen Angel - Free Game(26.99)

Fable II Plat. Hits - 17.99
Last Remnant - 14.99
Crackdown - Free game(14.99)

Marvel Ultimate Alliance/Forza Motorsports 2 game pack - 7.99
Lego Indiana Jones/Kung Fu Panda 2 game pack - 7.99
NBA 2K8 - Free game(5.99)

Sega Superstars Tennis/Liva Arcade Compilation 2 game pack - 4.99
Shadowrun - 4.99
Chromehounds - 4.99
Ghost Recon Ad. Warfighter - 4.99
Forza Motorsports 2 - 4.99
Rockstar Games Table Tennis - 4.99
Project Gotham Racing 3 - Free game(4.99)
Guitar Hero III - Free game(4.99)
Rock Revolution - Free game(4.49)

Madden 2007 - 1.99
NBA 2K6 - 1.99
Pocketbike Racer - 1.99
Big Bumpin - Free Game(1.99)

2nd GS:
Crackdown 2 - 54.99
Star Ocean The Last Hope - 34.99
Halo ODST - Free Game(34.99)

Infinite Undiscovery - 17.99
Raiden IV - 17.99
Metal Gear Solid 4(PS3) - Free game(17.99)

After i found Crackdown 2 i was done and satisfied so didn't make it to the last GS in the city. Can't wait to hit them up again on their next B2G1 free sale!!!

Went to GS today to get some real cases for the 360 games I bought online. One of them was UFC 2010 and the code I received with the game was already redeemed. Exchanged the cases today with no problem (employee was very helpful) and what do you know, the code in the new case wasn't redeemed. Boom.

[quote name='Egomaniacal1']I...

1st GS:
Call of Duty MW2 - 54.99

2nd GS:
Crackdown 2 - 54.99
Star Ocean The Last Hope - 34.99
Halo ODST - Free Game(34.99)

...[/QUOTE]

For future reference...

Take games for 1st GS and return to 2nd GS and rebuy w/ the 3 games from 2nd GS (to maximize deal)..

COD : MW2 - $54.99
Crackdown 2 - $54.99
SMG 2 - $44.99 (free)

SO : TLH - $34.99
Ao2 : TFD - $34.99
Halo ODST - $34.99 (free)

Could have saved yourself $10 or so....other than that, nice job

snagged:
Star Ocean:Second Evolution(PSP) complete
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony(PSP) complete
Dead Space Extraction(Wii) complete

For around 55, pretty happy with that.

Ahh thanks for the tip. Actually thought about doing something like that but didn't know if it would work and since it wasn't much to gain didn't feel like going thru the hassle to find out or lose games if i couldn't do it. i'll keep it in mind next time tho for sure.

Also now that you say that i have a question. Lets say hypothetically i go to one GS and buy 3 games, 2 for 54.99 and 1 for way less than 54.99 that i get for free. Then go to another GS where i find another 54.99 game i want...do i have to get refunds on all 3 previous games and then rebuy or will they just swap and let me pay for the cheap game?

Also sidenote it seems that i'll have to return Fable II because i paid for the PH edition but got the regular one and also Ghost Recon Adv. Warfighter i bought they actually gave me the sequel game disc instead.

Picked up Smackdown vs Raw 2009, Overlord 2, and Halo Wars (steelbook collectors edition case) the last day of the b2g1. I'm hoping I like Overlord 2 as much as I did the first.

[quote name='Egomaniacal1']1st GS:
Call of Duty MW2 - 54.99

Rock Band: Beatles - 26.99...[/QUOTE]

DANG! That's enough games to last me a year and 1/2...!!!
Hope you get to enjoy them throughly. If I have a big backlog, most of the games just sit there coz I'm playing some online multiplayer most of the time...

I got 3 $10 titles from the sale
:360: UFC 2009
:360: Robert Ludlum's Bourne
:360: Tom Clancy HAWX
total came to $19.58 after taxes n free shipping.

Yea well i forgot to mention i have kids so they picked out most of these games and also i'm a slightly reformed pirate trying to go straight legit lol. I actually had MW2 that i got from the MW2 console bundle but the game got broke so thats a rebuy that my son was dying without. My daughter picked RB: Beatles, we all wanted Mario Galaxy 2 and Army of Two is one of the rare co-op games that me and the gf find to be fun to play. Also did i mention i'm an achievement whore? lol so i couldn't pass up the super cheap games 4.99 - 5.99 and i couldn't even believe that they sold games for 1.99!!

bread's done
Back