Buy 2 Get 1 Free used games, online & in-store at Best Buy

This would be a decent deal IF....Best Buy used prices weren't so stinkin' high. The selection at my local BB is also extremely thin. Maybe 15-25 of each platform and most of those are games 2-5 years old.

[quote name='strait edge follower']It's tiv at amazon is only 2 bucks. Is really that rare ?[/QUOTE]

ROFL. Rare doesn't always mean it is good or valuable. :rofl:

Edit: I dunno I may have egg on my face

http://www.amazon.com/Formula-1-F1-2009-Wii-Nintendo/dp/B002YDNN0K

http://www.google.com/#q=Formula+One+2009+%28Wii%29&hl=en&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=shop&ei=sOiRTrXaAsbniALXlZzNCA&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=6&ved=0CDUQ_AUoBQ&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=d1a53ef703c051eb&biw=1280&bih=904

but like you said the TIV is only $2 very strange

Just as a heads up for people who are confused / upset when the "used" price are the same as "new" prices, the employees have no way of updating the used game prices physically however they are automatically brought $5 down from the "new" games price. So if L.A. Noire was $39.99 new and used, have an associate scan it and it will scan as $34.99. Also, on Oct 10 they are implementing anew way where every Monday morning used game prices are printed out and re applied (if different) to the used games. Of course if you have lazy employees don't expect this to happen.

[quote name='strait edge follower']It's tiv at amazon is only 2 bucks. Is really that rare ?[/QUOTE]

Do a search on Gamestop.com. That sucker's tough to find since amazon had the 60+ tiv on it last year. I think it was 60+, i cant remember...$75, $80? it was something crazy! I only found 2 within a 100 miles of me then, now it's zero. You have a slightly better chance of it sitting in the new section for 9.99 cause it can't be searched on gs.com as new. I did find 2 more that way back then, both gutted. I bet a sealed one would sell for a lot. I'm sure noram/amazon is still sitting on most of those copies traded in, thus the $2 tiv. I don't see those selling a lot at those crazy prices.I tried mine out. It was ok...for a wii racing game, nothing great.

Earlier in the year they were only 1 or 2 new copies on Amazon, and they were listed for like $400-500. That probably contributed to the high TiV back then. But I did track down a busted up, disc-only copy at a GS like 30 miles away, and it sold for some pretty good dough.

Anyway, I guess if anyone happens to go to a 'good' BB tomorrow that updates their prices on schedule, report any price drops on used games you might notice. That might sweeten the pot of this deal significantly.

Thanks for posting the deal OP. Some good finds if you look hard enough. I was able to pick up Radiant Historia, Afrika, and Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together for 44.98. Was pleasantly surprised to find that Best Buy, of all places, had a copy of Afrika o_O

[quote name='CaoPi']so what exactly is the RETURN POLICY on used games at bestbuy? I never buy used games from them[/QUOTE]

can anyone answer this question???

Hmmm there is one cheap $5 game I want from all of this... I might even pay the asking price for 1 and forgo the B2G1. I'd be tempted to get 3 and try to sell/trade off the other two, but Amazon's TIV is a whopping $1.20. Slightly more on Goozex. But if they don't come with manuals I'm not interested because I like manuals for my collection and I think Amazon reduces TIV if you don't have the manual, and all Goozex requests are full package. Obviously there is no way to tell for sure, especially online. Grr.

I just went for 3 older sports games for a total of $10.60 shipped after free shipping. Got March Madness 08, NBA Live 08 and College Hoops 2K8 (Had 2k8 when it first came out and never played the other 2, so if nothing else it'll be some achievement points lol)

[quote name='foreinter']Not sure if the used games include manual, artwork, and case?[/QUOTE]

I was told that when they accept the games they send them back to HQ to get them cleaned/buffed and add artwork/cases. As far as i can see, my local store only sells complete games but they accept trade ins disc only.

Has anyone ever noticed that while looking at the PSP and PS2 games at Best Buy that the used ones have the same shrinkwrapping with y folds on the top and bottom of the case as the new ones do. Seeing this is making me not want to buy new games there anymore.

The used games that have the Y-fold shrinkwrap have a different UPC sticker covering the old UPC sticker if I recall. I was concerned about this at first too, and it could still slip through.

I picked it up before they started doing this sale (it was rung up and lowered to correct a trade-in error), but Best Buy did have a complete copy of Tales of Legendia on PS2 for $17.
If you're looking for games that came out last week, then I suspect that this sale probably isn't for you. If you're looking for some older games though, you probably have a pretty good chance of getting something at a fair deal.

[quote name='CaoPi']so what exactly is the RETURN POLICY on used games at bestbuy? I never buy used games from them[/QUOTE]

Return policy is exactly the same as new games. You can return and exchange for the same product if the game is defective within 30 days.

Any used game (disc) that is in clear shrinkwrap/overwrap has gone through the refurbising process that others have called out in this thread. They are in nearly immaculate shape. Anything in the yellow came from the repackaging partner that is no longer used anymore.

The only thing that isn't guaranteed is inclusion of a manual. So if you are a "collector" and need the manual, can't guarantee you'll get one with a manual but about 80% of the games come back with a manual.

[quote name='dc delta90']Return policy is exactly the same as new games. You can return and exchange for the same product if the game is defective within 30 days.

Any used game (disc) that is in clear shrinkwrap/overwrap has gone through the refurbising process that others have called out in this thread. They are in nearly immaculate shape. Anything in the yellow came from the repackaging partner that is no longer used anymore.

The only thing that isn't guaranteed is inclusion of a manual. So if you are a "collector" and need the manual, can't guarantee you'll get one with a manual but about 80% of the games come back with a manual.[/QUOTE]

That blows, if they had a system like gamestop 7 days for any reason, I would buy from this deal. Knowing that your not guranteed the condition or manual when ordering online, your pretty much gambling here.

They do not accept returns like Gamestop. Only if the item is defective.

I went to my local BB and noticed quite a few inFamous 2 games without cases (and most likely without manuals). For you guys that traded in games disc only - good job idiots. I can understand keeping CE items but at least keep the case intact. :roll:

[quote name='R0tatioNz']People buy used games at BB? I thought it was only a place to trade in junk for credit?[/QUOTE]

That's cause some of us think long term. If BB stays in the used business with folks buying their games, it benefits everyone in the long term.

[quote name='Donut2922']They do not accept returns like Gamestop. Only if the item is defective.

I went to my local BB and noticed quite a few inFamous 2 games without cases (and most likely without manuals). For you guys that traded in games disc only - good job idiots. I can understand keeping CE items but at least keep the case intact. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Or they were just discs stolen in mass quantities with a little help from Jack Daniels...err, I mean a box cutter.

I pull the manuals out, since leaving them in pretty much doubles the amount of time the clerks spend staring at the games. If I can shave 15-20 minutes off the time I spend in BB trading in, I'll do it.

I got a couple PSP games and a 360 game. One of the PSP games was in a black case, not yellow or the normal clear UMD case. I wonder if there were even yellow cases for used PSP games to begin with?

[quote name='Donut2922']They do not accept returns like Gamestop. Only if the item is defective.

I went to my local BB and noticed quite a few inFamous 2 games without cases (and most likely without manuals). For you guys that traded in games disc only - good job idiots. I can understand keeping CE items but at least keep the case intact. :roll:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Squarehard']Or they were just discs stolen in mass quantities with a little help from Jack Daniels...err, I mean a box cutter.[/QUOTE]
Most likely they were from the inFAMOUS 2 PS3 bundle and were turned in disc only so the trader wouldn't get any kick back about it being marked Not for Resale with no UPC.

[quote name='R0tatioNz']People buy used games at BB? I thought it was only a place to trade in junk for credit?[/QUOTE]

So far I've bought 4 USED games from BB (Vanquish, Tales of Vesperia, God of War III, and Heavy Rain). All of them were in "Like New" condition and included the cover art insert, instruction manual, and original game case. In actuality they were in better condition than any game I've ever bought from Gamestop.

Also on a related note, Dragon Ball Origins for :ds: is $4.99 USED.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Donut2922']That's cause some of us think long term. If BB stays in the used business with folks buying their games, it benefits everyone in the long term.[/QUOTE]
I just hope they don't get a former Gamestop executive taking care of their used business or the disc only games you complained about above will be even more rampant.:whistle2:#

The used prices at BB for these games tends to lean toward being ridiculous for some titles, but I guess they have to make up for the high tiv's somehow.;)

[quote name='Nealocus123']Just as a heads up for people who are confused / upset when the "used" price are the same as "new" prices, the employees have no way of updating the used game prices physically however they are automatically brought $5 down from the "new" games price. So if L.A. Noire was $39.99 new and used, have an associate scan it and it will scan as $34.99. Also, on Oct 10 they are implementing anew way where every Monday morning used game prices are printed out and re applied (if different) to the used games. Of course if you have lazy employees don't expect this to happen.[/QUOTE]

I have a hard time believing this. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is on sale for $19.99 and it says that it's $34.99 USED. This is according to the website.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I just hope they don't get a former Gamestop executive taking care of their used business or the disc only games you complained about above will be even more rampant.:whistle2:#

The used prices at BB for these games tends to lean toward being ridiculous for some titles, but I guess they have to make up for the high tiv's somehow.;)[/QUOTE]

Seems like their low-end games are out of whack, but that the newer stuff is alright (like most new releases appear to get priced at 45 and that's probably a good deal for some people, considering those are probably unplayed games that were flipped there release week).

You mean like Driver: San Francisco? ;) I have yet to see anything fairly recent or big name show up at either of my local BB stores. No Black Ops, no Red Faction Armageddon, not even a Duke Nukem Forever yet.

Huh. When they had the `buy 2 get 25% off' I did a store pickup order and BOTH of my games were disc only. They had copies that were complete and let me swap them out, but give me a break!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You mean like Driver: San Francisco? ;) I have yet to see anything fairly recent or big name show up at either of my local BB stores. No Black Ops, no Red Faction Armageddon, not even a Duke Nukem Forever yet.[/QUOTE]

The bb's around here seem to have their entire used shipment be one game. The one I work by now, for example, has about 30 copies of AC:B but not much else.

My guess is that there are a couple stores with 30 copies of blops, etc.

So I called customer service to check their return policy, the guy didn't seem like hes sure of what he's saying but i'll relay the message here.

BB will send these games with case and manuals (resealed). If you don't like the games, you can return it within 30 days just like new games, as long as u haven't opened the seal. And yes you can return it in store.

This sale is really difficult to find 3 to buy. First, the price is high. Second, some doesnt allow shipping or ship to store. I want El Shaddai but damn, finding 2 to go with it is a b*tch.

you would think that bestbuy would double check their used game prices considering some of the new games are cheaper than the used version

[quote name='kouleefoh']DC Universe Online Pre-owned - $39.99 lol I'm going to buy 3 just so I can get the 3rd one free.[/QUOTE]pre-owned copies? does the fact that it's going to be free to play override the one time use code which makes used copies worthless?http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/14/ps3-copies-of-dc-universe-online-tied-to-one-time-use-codes/

[quote name='Hoos First']I was talking to the Gaming supervisor at my store and he said the machine used to clean the games will make the games even better than when they were originally produced. Some new process. And that the machine costs $500,000 and they have 12 of them. Who knows if that's true, but I wouldn't worry about the condition of games.[/QUOTE]I laugh at the fact that they actually try to get me to purchase the "disc protection" for games anyways never gonna happen mine go from the case to the PS3 back to the case.

[quote name='KtMack23']I think most of these games are like new, just because a lot of them are brand new flips that were opened in the best buy parking lot lol[/QUOTE]yep, who ever has gotten my trades must have been like damn this is a new game.

[quote name='exaznkid']you would think that bestbuy would double check their used game prices considering some of the new games are cheaper than the used version[/QUOTE]

QFT :(

I want to pick up Demons Souls but they are selling it uesd for 24.99, gamestop sells it new for 19.99. And I can't convince them to pricematch used. Might just have to flip to Gamestop.

[quote name='exaznkid']you would think that bestbuy would double check their used game prices considering some of the new games are cheaper than the used version[/QUOTE]

For the longest time my best buy had fallout new vegas priced at $34.99. This was way after it had dropped to $20 msrp new also. Every time I went in there I would pass the used games just to see that. Then they finally took it off the shelf lol.

[quote name='Hoos First']I was talking to the Gaming supervisor at my store and he said the machine used to clean the games will make the games even better than when they were originally produced. Some new process. And that the machine costs $500,000 and they have 12 of them. Who knows if that's true, but I wouldn't worry about the condition of games.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone noticed the shrink wrap on the used games looks like the original manufacturer shrink wrap?

Picked up Ar Tonelico Qoga preowned for $39.99. Now remembering the buy two get one free offer going back to find some other games and attempt a return and buy to get the games I want.

Noticed the game is shrink wrap on the preowned game. A yellow that sticker that wraps around the outer edge, and a sticker on the UPC code.

I decided to get 2 copies of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (one for my nephew) and Transformers:War for Cybertron. It worked out to 47.27 ($15.76/game). Gamefly had them on sale for $34.65 total after taxes but I have my credit with BB. Checking Amazon this is not a bad price for each game (hopefully they come in decent shape).

[quote name='urallgyots']$25 for FF13 used? fuckING SIGN ME UP[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure FFXIII is one of the qualifying games for the Blockbuster BOGO sales, so if you wait till their next used game sale you could most likely get that game AND another one for $15-20.;)

The BB I stopped at tonight had about 40 copies of AC:II and AC:B and then about 25 copies of NCAA2008. This used video game thing is just not going to work out for BB if this is how they are going to do it. Seriously, who is going to buy these games?

Someone who really loves the games certain stores get in stock?;) Their selection per store is just so random. They really do need to get like GS and evenly distribute everything if they plan on surviving for longer than a year or two in this business.

I read that they were gonna be adjusting prices on their used games but I guess that didn't happen.
Went a got socom 4 scanned and it was $34.99 and I was like wtf new is $24.99. They needa get their used stuff together. A lot of their used games are overpriced. The one game I wanted to get is oos too blah.

I can't beleave how many killzone 2's (24.99 used) and bioshocks (17.99 used if I remember) my bestbuy has. It seems like every bestbuy has a ton of copys of a particular game or two. With these bad prices they will never move them. They should make an offer where you can get a used game for 5 to 10 bucks with a purchase of a console. That way they move and they still make some profit of each used game sold.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I can't beleave how many killzone 2's (24.99 used) and bioshocks (17.99 used if I remember) my bestbuy has. It seems like every bestbuy has a ton of copys of a particular game or two. With these bad prices they will never move them. They should make an offer where you can get a used game for 5 to 10 bucks with a purchase of a console. That way they move and they still make some profit of each used game sold.[/QUOTE]

My store has a good portion of the Kirby's that everyone traded in.

bread's done
Back