buy 2 get 3rd for a dollar @ gohastings.com

3 more arrived today. Jaws Unleashed PS was GH but near-mint. Both Silent Hill Xbox and Bard's Tale PS2 had cases but no manuals, and the discs were decent. Now just waiting on Breath of Fire PS2.

Just ordered 3 games from them, totaling ~65. The coupon code didn't work, maybe it's expired by now?

One of them was CoD4, for PS3. The picture showed the GOTY edition, but I wonder if that's what I'll actually get...

Received the remaining four games.

To my surprise, one the games was brand new/sealed (Tokobot Plus).

Yakuza came in pretty condition.

The other two games.. are bad, yet again.. going to call about that.

Overall.. 5 of 9 were good and the other 4 were pretty beat up. Overall score: 55.55% but I'll bump them up to 77% for potentially refunding the four lamers. C+!

My received items so far:

Iron Man DVD 2-Disc: Came complete & mint with slipcover
Trapt PS2: Complete & Excellent overall (looks like it was refurbed, but a good job)
Robots (the animated movie) DVD: mint.
Choro Q PS2: top case sticker still intact, probably new but opened, mint.
DS Games complete & mint of course.

Most of them had various stickers/tags that Goo Gone took care of. One of interest was the $29.99 pricetag from "funland" (IIRC) on Trapt.

Very quick shipping and a nice way to stockpile bubble mailers.

I give them a solid 8/10. 1 point lost for "hands-tied customer service", 1 point for $1 shipping added for every single item after the 1st.

Couldn't have been happier with my result:

Grandia II - Mint (registration cards still in it even)
Grandia III - Mint
La Pucelle Tactics - Disc and manual are mint, some slight water damage discolored the insert, yellowing the PS logo.

So 2.75/3 ain't bad. I'll definitely press my luck and take advantage of the next time they do this.

[quote name='Crimsonscyes']So how long is it taking you guys to get all your games? It seems like the average is 5 days.[/QUOTE]

Well, I placed my order on Monday and received one package each on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday - so my average was 4 days. Good turnaround time all things considered.

I just got my first two games today (I ordered three).\\:D/

Fatal Frame 2 - Near mint condition
Ratchet and Clank 2 - Has two noticeable scratches on it. I might end up running into problems. :cry:

If I tell them about the scratches on R&C2 will they send me a new copy without having to send my scratched copy back? If I send it back the shipping will be just as much as what I payed for the actual game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Crimsonscyes']I just got my first two games today (I ordered three).\\:D/

Fatal Frame 2 - Near mint condition
Ratchet and Clank 2 - Has two noticeable scratches on it. I might end up running into problems. :cry:

If I tell them about the scratches on R&C2 will they send me a new copy without having to send my scratched copy back? If I send it back the shipping will be just as much as what I payed for the actual game.[/QUOTE]

If they have anymore in stock, they actually will email you the shipping label to print out so you can ship it back. If not, they will just refund you the money for the game if its out of stock, but the only problem with that is, if that was your $1 game, then you will only get $1 back, so that will be up to you. But as long as they have it in stock, they will email you the postage to ship it back.

[quote name='Squarehard']If they have anymore in stock, they actually will email you the shipping label to print out so you can ship it back. If not, they will just refund you the money for the game if its out of stock, but the only problem with that is, if that was your $1 game, then you will only get $1 back, so that will be up to you. But as long as they have it in stock, they will email you the postage to ship it back.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. It wasn't my $1 game so if I run into a problem I think I'll ask for a refund and trade the game in to gamestop so I can get a better copy.

My second game came in today. Complete and mint. Absolutely gorgeous condition. Impressive indeed.

Sadly, it wasn't TC4, so I still don't know whether or not I'll be getting the Guncon 3 with it. Hopefully tomorrow, as it shipped the same day the other two games did.

Got my refunds for my games. Surprisingly enough, I was refunded the shipping costs of $1 per game as well. Pretty nice company. :D

[quote name='mis0']Got my refunds for my games. Surprisingly enough, I was refunded the shipping costs of $1 per game as well. Pretty nice company. :D[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear it. Both my positive experience and the fact that they were very cooperative with your problems has made me much more likely to order from them in the future.

My last game was actually delivered today too :lol:, the mailman delivered it to a different door for some reason so I just found it. The disc was scratched up even worse than the other game I bought and the case was damaged during shipping but luckily it was the game I only paid $1 for. Overall two of the three games I got were scratched and one (the most expensive one) was mint. So I think I'll stick with going to the store for my used games in the future, that way I can just go back and return them without having to deal with the post office.

[quote name='bvharris']Glad to hear it. Both my positive experience and the fact that they were very cooperative with your problems has made me much more likely to order from them in the future.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I'll probably check out the next sale that they have. $33ish dollars for 5 games and 4 coasters seems pretty okay with me. :lol:

placed order tonight

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin DS 3.99

Battleship/Connect Four/Sorry!/Trouble DS 1.96 says complete I can dump this off later

World Tour Soccer '06 PSP says complete 1.96

Merchandise: $7.91
Shipping: $4.99
Sales Tax: $0.91
Order Total: $13.81

Sucks the shipping as almost as much as the games....

say about 4.50 per game

could of picked up the first two but the soccer game was only 3 bucks (shipped)

I break it down i little more

say i paid 8.00 for Castlevaina and 3 of the other 2 games.. all 3 games say complete

Man that sucks found the 30% off after placing order SOB

7.91 - 30% Lost 2.40 : (

I emailed them seeing if there was any way the could apply the code to the order (said i forgot to put the code in)

If they do allow it Cool if not 2.50 is not that much money... hopefully they will put they code on.... (may call them tomorrow at 10am est time as soon as they open and see if they can apply the code)

My girlfriend said a "box" from Hastings arrived today, and that it's bigger than the envelopes that arrived with the previous two games...

Sounds like my Time Crisis 4 probably came with the Guncon 3. I'll update my post when I get home to open it!

Gohastings.com has been down for me for a few days, anyone else experiencing this problem or is it something with my computer?

I was on it last night Bitt3r. I'd say it is more than likely you need to remove cached files, or it's always possible for the rare ISP conflict.

nothing shipped today even though early this morning the said everything would ship today : (

anyone know if they UP the prices do they still ship out games you ordered before

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin was 3.99 now 8.36 (i say it never ships)

looked at my order just now and i call BS if this happens

World Tour Soccer '06 Usually Ships Within 24 Hours. 1.96

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin ds Out of Stock. 3.99

Battleship/Connect Four/Sorry!/Trouble Out of Stock. 1.96

called up my credit card and it says a precharge of 6.00 charge has been charge (what would be just for that soccer game with shipping) even though when i called in a 10am they said the games were INSTOCK and would ship today....

Ordered 10 games and received all within a week, ALL cases and disks were in great condition, only a couple were missing the manual.

too bad the sale is over i was going to order 10 more:cry:

New deal works about as well as buy 2 get 1 for $1 if they're all very similarly priced. Seems to work better if they're nowhere near each other in price.

Unless I'm doing my math wrong.

Taking one of my buy 2 get one for $1:
13.67+(chosen as the $1) 13.67+ 16.13 = $30.80

Now as the 30% off used:
13.67 + 13.67+ 16.13 = $43.47
43.47 X .7 = 30.429 = $30.43

And if they were games that were nowhere near each other in terms of price it works out even better.
12 (chosen as the $1) + 24 + 36 = $61
12 + 24 + 36 = $72
72 x .7 = $50.4

Only lame thing is you miss out on the $5 off that you would of gotten if you ordered some more buy 2 get 1 for $1 during that first week with the promo code.

Just need to decide if I should wait til I actually get my 360 before I buy any more. Got a stack of games layin' there while I search for a decent console deal. :cry:

some ds games could grab

Fossil Fighters 33 would be 23 something

knights in nightmare 26.50 would be 18.55 VERY NICE HERE

Mega Man Star Force 3: Black Ace 29.68 be around 20

Mega Man Star Force 3: Red Joker 26.58 be around 18.99 AGAIN VERY NICE

Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier 2308 be 16.15 (too bad it would be incomplete )

Retro Game Challenge 16.15 after discount

mazes of fate 16.15 after discount

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia 15 after

ALL AFTER DISCOUNT

Class of heroes for psp around 20
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite 17.94
Crimson Gem Saga 16.94

man MUST TURN OFF COMPUTER before i make a major mistake an order these

Monster hunter unite
crimson gem sega
castlevania order
mazes of fate
megaman star force 3

I received the first of my 3 games, Katamari Damacy, and it was in immaculate condition. The case still had remnants of the security tape on the edges like it had just been opened. Could not be happier so far.

3 of 3 for me!

Time Crisis 4 came in its large box. The large box had a bit of shelf wear. The game was mint and the case/manual were mint too.

And the gun/sensors were still in the packages...awesome!

My friend received 2 wrong games and customer service won't let him exchange them for the correct games! They'll only accept returns and won't cover shipping. It seems that individual Hasting stores received an individual game from the order to fulfilled (hence my friend received the games in separate packages) and the main call center can't even check their own inventories. Decentralized mess of a company. Customer support was poor. Ugh

Tell your friend to call again. It seems like you just need to find the right customer service rep.

And while some people bash the BBB, tell him to report Hastings to them if they won't fix the problem - once they get the complaint you're friend can pretty much guarantee they'll refund his money and tell him to keep the games or give him pre-paid postage to send the games back. It's drastic but a company would rather do that with a BBB complaint than try to fight the complaint or to take negative marks against the company.

Some games give you the option of choosing between 'used' or 'previously viewed'. Does anyone know which option is more likely to result in a better looking disc and also more likely to include the original case and manual? Or does it not really make a difference?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently, I just ordered SMT: Digital Devil Saga Deluxe Box Set for $13.96 after 30% off. Hey, it can't hurt to try, right? I also ordered these (prices are after 30% off):

Grandia III - $13.58
Dawn of Mana - $6.98
VP2: Silmeria - $9.90

Hoping to get these in mint/complete condition.

[quote name='nekromantix']New deal works about as well as buy 2 get 1 for $1 if they're all very similarly priced. Seems to work better if they're nowhere near each other in price.

Unless I'm doing my math wrong.

Taking one of my buy 2 get one for $1:
13.67+(chosen as the $1) 13.67+ 16.13 = $30.80

Now as the 30% off used:
13.67 + 13.67+ 16.13 = $43.47
43.47 X .7 = 30.429 = $30.43

And if they were games that were nowhere near each other in terms of price it works out even better.
12 (chosen as the $1) + 24 + 36 = $61
12 + 24 + 36 = $72
72 x .7 = $50.4

Only lame thing is you miss out on the $5 off that you would of gotten if you ordered some more buy 2 get 1 for $1 during that first week with the promo code.

Just need to decide if I should wait til I actually get my 360 before I buy any more. Got a stack of games layin' there while I search for a decent console deal. :cry:[/QUOTE]

It does not matter what the individual game prices are the last price is all that matters and the reason it looks like a better deal is because the money you get off corresponds to the amount of money your spending.

i ordered 3 dvds and 3 games on thursday last week and I haven't received a shipping confirmation from them. do they usually send an email when your items ship?

[quote name='slidecage']nothing shipped today even though early this morning the said everything would ship today : (

anyone know if they UP the prices do they still ship out games you ordered before

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin was 3.99 now 8.36 (i say it never ships)

looked at my order just now and i call BS if this happens

World Tour Soccer '06 Usually Ships Within 24 Hours. 1.96

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin ds Out of Stock. 3.99

Battleship/Connect Four/Sorry!/Trouble Out of Stock. 1.96

called up my credit card and it says a precharge of 6.00 charge has been charge (what would be just for that soccer game with shipping) even though when i called in a 10am they said the games were INSTOCK and would ship today....[/QUOTE]

Just to let you know, Hasting shipping is extremely inconsistent, also they don't update shipping status until very late at night, so if it shipped today, it won't tell you until like 10pm at night, or even later.

And the price changes, this was actually mentioned a few pages back when someone else asked, but I'll answer it again. Doesn't matter if the price has changed. Hasting items in your cart only shows the current pricing and stock of the game, so it fluctuates. When you look at your order in your account, it will show on the right side what you actually paid (and the price you got the game for), and the current price in the left column. Its a crappy system, and does scare a lot of people, and I had games on my order status that changed prices and also games that went out of stock not too long after I ordered them, but they all still arrived with no issues.

But don't call the customer service for hasting help online. I have realized this is completely useless since most of the customer service really has no idea how the website works and so on, so if they are telling you something, just dont take it to the heart. Like I said, Hastings shipping is slow and very inconsistent, but they do ship it out eventually, and it takes about 2-5 days for them to ship it normally. Just wait for that confirmation email, which is almost always emailed really really late at night. Ive ordered 12 games from them, theyve always been sent during the same day, just the email late night.

received a couple of stuff today. quality is good. not that many scratches. so blu-ray movies still good.

[quote name='arrtee121']i ordered 3 dvds and 3 games on thursday last week and I haven't received a shipping confirmation from them. do they usually send an email when your items ship?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I received my emails within 2 days so you should probably ask them about it if its been a week. You can also check your order status on their website.

Anyone have luck with returns? One game had no manual,a cracked case and a loose scratched to hell disc, another had a black BB esque case (even though it's a 360 game) case art printed on normal paper, no manual and a cracked disc, and the third had no manual and the game + case had sticky brown/blackgunk ALL over. I'm so angry.

Got my last two games today from this sale.

These are all
iconps2_r2.gif
games.

Overall I got.

Max Payne: Case had a bunch of stickers removed from it and came with no manual. Disc was in good condition but had somebody's name written on it. 5/10.

Max Payne 2: Case and manual look brand new. Disc has a few scratches on it. 7/10

LE Ultimate Spider-Man: Slip cover has a lot of were and tear but the case, manual and disc all look like new. 8/10

Matrix: Path of Neo: Case, manual and disc look brand new. 10/10

Devil May Cry: Case had a few stickers removed from but was ok overall. Manual looked great. Disc has a Blockbuster sticker over it and a lot of scratches. 3/10

Hitman Trilogy: Came sealed, none of games look like they've been played. 10/10

bread's done
Back