Buy a DS now or wait?

salmonaxxx

CAGiversary!
I'm not counting on a price drop anytime soon, but is it worth waiting to see if there are any end of the year deals (like free accessories)?

I remember reading a thread exactly like this a few weeks back. Do a search, there was lots of info there about this topic.

WTF are you waiting for? They aren't going to bite you on the ass and say buy me. Go to the store, kiss your $130+tax away and enjoy one of the best things ever.

Well,you can wait for coupons,weakly deals or cheap bundles.I suggest avoiding this since ds lite is selling so well I doubt large chains will do this anytime soon.Plus,is waiting an extra 2-3 months worth saving a few bucks?

buy the ds now there will likely be boxing day deals aplenty on all sorts of crap pertaining to the DS then go home and bask in the glory that is the DS

I suppose you could just wait until the new year. I wouldn't anticipate a price drop since the lite is only about a year old IIRC. Maybe next Thanksgiving if you're lucky.

I don't want to sound rude, but why is that people always ask if there will be deals on the DS Lite? It is the best-selling videogame system in the US, Europe, and Japan. Even though it was introduced two years ago (and the Lite last June) stores cannot keep them in stock. DS titles consistently rank among the best selling videgames in the US. How on Earth can anybody expect a "price drop" or "deals" anytime soon? It is common sense that there will be no deals anytime soon. And, quite frankly, at $130, the Nintendo DS is already a bargain for what it gives you.

there might be a sale after xmas (from stores, not an official price drop), but there might not be as well.

supply will probably catch up again after xmas, so there's also that to consider.

i think you're going to pay $130 no matter what, it just might come with a $20 game or a $10 carrying case or something at various stores.

Circuit City has had deals on it the past 3 or so weeks...had a free accessory pack one week, a free case the next week, and a free copy of Brain Age the following week. Not sure if there will still be deals like that now that the holiday shopping season is over, it's going to be $130 no matter what, just might get something free with it.

Anywhere to even get a DS or DS Lite online other then Auctions?

I understand going to a store might workout but I'm having trouble finding them online.

bread's done
Back