Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit: Deal Extended to Those Who Cancelled

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
UPDATE: Emails are going out to those who cancelled their previous order:
[quote name='Tardcore']Hello from Amazon.com.

We noticed you cancelled your order# XXXXXXX originally placed during the Lightning Deal promotion for the Xbox 360 Arcade console on November 7, 2009. If you cancelled your order due to problems with the promotion, we want to make sure you can take advantage of this deal if you're still interested.

If you order an Xbox 360 Arcade Console by 11:59pm PT on November 14, your order will qualify you for the $100 promotional code. The $100 promotional code does not apply to the purchase of the Xbox 360 Arcade itself, but is valid for a qualifying future purchase. The offer is limit one per household and is not transferable.

To order the console, go to the product’s detail page listed below, add it to your cart for $199.99, and check out as normal. Please note, Amazon.com must be the seller in order for you to qualify for the promotion.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Arcade/dp/B0029MAXS6

Your promotional code will be sent to you via e-mail (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped.

For additional details of the promotion, please see the following page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000450541

We're sorry for any inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.
Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com[/QUOTE]

[IMG-R=5198]8415[/IMG-R]Today at 9AM and 3PM EST, Amazon matches Walmart's Xbox 360 Arcade promotion with these two Lightning Deals...which will sell out faster than lightning.

iconxbox360.gif
Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit - 9AM & 3PM EST Amazon Lightning Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
I cancelled after calling customer service. As a long time Amazon customer who's spent thousands of dollars there this year alone, ordering something and losing the deal between me clicking on the final confirmation with the discount in the cart and on the final screen and getting the email has to be the worst customer experience I've ever had with them.

I'm fine missing a deal, but I'm not fine with misrepresenting the final checkout screen. The transaction should have warned me a discount was not going to apply and asked me if I really wanted to continue without the discount. The way this worked would border on bait-and-switch fraudulence.

[quote name='triforcer']sweet i just an email back from amazon saying they'll price adjust it -0.01 so i get the promotion! i love you Krithika B.

i pretty much stated in my email the same thing most of you have that it was in the cart with the special price but the confirmation was the normal price. give it a shot if you didn't already cancel.[/QUOTE]

How does your confirmation page look like now. After my one cent adjust with the customer representative it is
Item(s) Subtotal: $199.98
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$5.00
-----
Total Before Tax: $194.98
Sales tax: $0.00
-----
Total for this Shipment: $194.98

However, I have no indication of a gold box discount.

[quote name='Tardcore']If your total does not say the following:

Subtotal of Items:
$199.99
Shipping & Handling:
$9.48
Super Saver Discount:
-$9.48
Lightning Deal:
-$0.01

------
Total for this Order:
$199.98

Then you DID NOT get the deal.
[/QUOTE]
I can't believe you're supposed to actually check out before everyone else to get the deal, especially since Amazon lags to shit. They need a better system than this, because I'm tired of getting fucked for reasons beyond my control. Ah well, enjoy my triple ECA orders Amazon. . .

[quote name='ziutek']How does your confirmation page look like now. After my one cent adjust with the customer representative it is
-----
-----

However, I have no indication of a gold box discount.[/QUOTE]

This is not going to get you the $100 credit... it's simply going to make your 360 1 cent cheaper. Enjoy.

it seems people have varying degrees of luck of getting it through, i think sending an email through their help page is your best bet, they seem to have a template email for the correction too. i didn't mention anything about canceling only the price change from cart to check out.

I got fucked by them on the earlier deal and luckily got through with this one, even though I was quicker on the first one and the second one was over in more than half the time.

I agree with all of you saying it's bullshit. SHAQ FU their system.

I believe I am in! I received an e-mail right after order and checked the receipt in the e-mail and it has the 0.01 Lighting Deal. Servers were a bit slow and got my order through around 3:02pm.

I got in on the morning version of this deal. I added it to my cart immediately, but didn't complete the order for about 2-3 minutes. I had to add a new credit card to my account, redeem a 25 dollar code and such. I still had the lightning deal 1 cent show when my order was complete, so I'm not sure why others are having problems. Did you possibly have stuff still in your cart as saved for later?

This deal is better than the Wal-Mart deal to me, if for nothing else than saving almost 16 dollars in tax. Basically Amazon deal is $199.99 and Wal_Mart deal is $215.62 for me. Do note that the Amazon 100 dollar credit has to be used by Dec. 31st 2009, so that could be a negative, especially if you forget and lose some credit once the year is over.

[quote name='ziutek']How does your confirmation page look like now. After my one cent adjust with the customer representative it is
-----
-----

However, I have no indication of a gold box discount.[/QUOTE]
mine looks the same:

Item(s) Subtotal: $199.98 Shipping & Handling: $9.48 Super Saver Discount: -$9.48 ----- Total Before Tax: $199.98 Estimated Tax: $0.00 ----- Grand Total: $199.98

however we also have the CS email assuring us that we're getting the lightning deal. that's our biggest insurance to make sure they go through with it.

This was a pretty bad experience. How is it possible that Walmart had these for about 3-4 hours before they sold out, yet Amazon couldn't keep them available? (lightning deal, I know, I'm still upset though).
It's deception that you dont know if you got the promotion, the fact that the price changes from your cart to your checkout.
The misinformation of customer service...

and the inconsistency between those who actually got the deal and those who didnt.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Just looked up my order again, looks like I'm good. $199.98 total. It says "Items shipping soon" as well.

EDIT: They adjusted it based on the email I sent them...man they're good![/QUOTE]

What time did you send them an e-mail? Whenever I send them an e-mail, it seems to take them hours to days to respond.. but I've seen tons of people here say they already received a reply (I sent my e-mail at 3:06 or so).

[quote name='Jodou']Ah well, enjoy my triple ECA orders Amazon. . .[/QUOTE]
Oh so you're one of those assholes. Thanks on behalf of all of us.

[quote name='zenintrude']This is not going to get you the $100 credit... it's simply going to make your 360 1 cent cheaper. Enjoy.[/QUOTE]

"To correct this error (lightning deal), I have reduced the cost of your order by $0.01 and you are eligible for the promotion.

As indicated in the online description of the Xbox 360 Arcade offer, we will send your promotional certificate of $100.00 via e-mail within seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped."

straight from the CS email, so i think i will be enjoying both.

I bought one on Walmart.com this morning. Then thought I had gotten in on the deal on Amazon this morning so I cancelled my Walmart order. Come to find out I didn't get the deal this morning so I tried again this afternoon and no luck. Now Walmart is sold out. I screwed the pooch on this deal. Sucks!

I got SHAQ FUed by them on the earlier deal and luckily got through with this one, even though I was quicker on the first one and the second one was over in more than half the time.

I agree with all of you saying it's bullshit. SHAQ FU their system.

Why is everyone acting like a baby? Lightning deals aren't unlimited stock deals. There's a set amount and they've blown through it. Amazon is doing some of you favors by getting you the promo. Their service is stellar and most of you are acting like it's the end of the world that you didn't get in on this. Suck it up and deal with the fact that you didn't get it this time around.

[quote name='nefaquotek']This was a pretty bad experience. How is it possible that Walmart had these for about 3-4 hours before they sold out, yet Amazon couldn't keep them available? (lightning deal, I know, I'm still upset though).
It's deception that you dont know if you got the promotion, the fact that the price changes from your cart to your checkout.
The misinformation of customer service...

and the inconsistency between those who actually got the deal and those who didnt.[/QUOTE]

I love Amazon but I have never seen such blatant deception from a online retailer in all my years of shopping online. Your cart shows the discount but when you check out its not there. Many will not notice this and they almost instantly try to ship your order so you cant cancel.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Oh so you're one of those assholes. Thanks on behalf of all of us.[/QUOTE]
Indeed. Quit whining triple stacker.

[quote name='triforcer']mine looks the same:

Item(s) Subtotal: $199.98 Shipping & Handling: $9.48 Super Saver Discount: -$9.48 ----- Total Before Tax: $199.98 Estimated Tax: $0.00 ----- Grand Total: $199.98

however we also have the CS email assuring us that we're getting the lightning deal. that's our biggest insurance to make sure they go through with it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what I figured though unfortunately I called, so I have no written confirmation.
I'm not too worried though and in the worst case scenario I'll just return the box.

I was confused since my confirmation email shows Tax, and it seems that most ppl arent charged tax, so i guess it just goes by state.

had $ 50.01 in crdeit though i had $50 so for a second i thought i got the deal when it came out to $149.98 wasnt until i double checked so i had to cance--oh well my x box is still kicking maybe some other time

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Why os everyone acting like a baby? Lightning deals aren't unlimited stock deals. There's a set amount and they've blown through it. Amazon is doing some of you favors by getting you the promo. Their service is stellar and most of you are acting like it's the end of the world that you didn't get in on this. Suck it up and deal with the fact that you didn't get it this time around.[/QUOTE]

I think most of us don't have problems with the system but rather the people who are using it. People who are flipping and such, just makes it crappy for the rest of us who want a 360.

For the record, I already have a 360 but it's starting that "checkerboard" thing every 20 min. or so. So that's why I'm so ticked off by others behaviors and even the audacity to voice their behavior voluntarily on the internet is amazing.

This is bull. Got it in the cart but could not check out at that price because I had to enter my username and pass. They should run these by cart.

I called Customer Service and the rep mentioned too many people are calling about the same issue and nothing they can do but cancel. I canceled. There is going to be more Black Friday deals. It sucks as I would have ordered MW2 with this as well.

I guess I might go get a refurb one for $130 sometime this week if I get the itch to play MW2. After all the controversy, i wanna wait and see how the reviews come along anyway. First couple days will suck on Live anyways since they can never prepare for the load.

[quote name='MannishBoy']I cancelled after calling customer service. As a long time Amazon customer who's spent thousands of dollars there this year alone, ordering something and losing the deal between me clicking on the final confirmation with the discount in the cart and on the final screen and getting the email has to be the worst customer experience I've ever had with them.

I'm fine missing a deal, but I'm not fine with misrepresenting the final checkout screen. The transaction should have warned me a discount was not going to apply and asked me if I really wanted to continue without the discount. The way this worked would border on bait-and-switch fraudulence.[/QUOTE]

^ Well said. The other thing that bugged me was that Amazon made me re-login to my account before the final confirmation page....Ugh. What a waste of time.

[quote name='pnn23']^ Well said. The other thing that bugged me was that Amazon made me re-login to my account before the final confirmation page....Ugh. What a waste of time.[/QUOTE]

The same thing happened to me, eventhough I had re logged in like 2 min. before. Whatever, I'm trying the email game, see how that goes.

[quote name='cheaphuck']I love Amazon but I have never seen such blatant deception from a online retailer in all my years of shopping online. Your cart shows the discount but when you check out its not there. Many will not notice this and they almost instantly try to ship your order so you cant cancel.[/QUOTE]

I think it's just poor programming on their end. Wait till all those people realize they don't qualify for the $100 gc in another week or two...

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Why is everyone acting like a baby? Lightning deals aren't unlimited stock deals. There's a set amount and they've blown through it. Amazon is doing some of you favors by getting you the promo. Their service is stellar and most of you are acting like it's the end of the world that you didn't get in on this. Suck it up and deal with the fact that you didn't get it this time around.[/QUOTE]

It's not that bad that I did not apparently get the deal. It is bad that their final screen where I ordered from showed the Lightning Deal, when the email did not. That's misrepresentation at the least.

[quote name='pnn23']^ Well said. The other thing that bugged me was that Amazon made me re-login to my account before the final confirmation page....Ugh. What a waste of time.[/QUOTE]

I think they always do the re-login thing.

At least you did not get a random prime trial page right before final checkout.

[quote name='cheaphuck']I love Amazon but I have never seen such blatant deception from a online retailer in all my years of shopping online. Your cart shows the discount but when you check out its not there. Many will not notice this and they almost instantly try to ship your order so you cant cancel.[/QUOTE]

That is my beef with this...how can something change from CART to CHECKOUT like that, without any OBVIOUS indication of it, other than one cent?

This was my first attempt to purchase a gold box deal, and, I would not have know if not for the info on this site...I bet alot of people got screwed and didnt even know it.

I didn't get the -0.01 discount either... seems like it was completely random, I ordered 12:00 on the button while some people ordered 30s later and got it.

Anyway, already called CSR and they confirmed I wouldn't get the GC, so I canceled it. I have way too many PS3 games anyway, so it's not the end of the world.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I think it's just poor programming on their end. Wait till all those people realize they don't qualify for the $100 gc in another week or two...[/QUOTE]

Ya, I really dont think this is how Amazon intended it to work. There's no way it should show you the discount in your cart and then magically disappear at checkout without telling you. I don't have a problem with lightning deals selling out in seconds, that just means they are good...but it is completely unacceptable for them to take away the discount without notifying you, thats outright fraud if intentional(which i dont think it is intended). There is going to be a ton of people really pissed when they dont get the GC they were expecting, the average person would have no idea they didn't qualify.

[quote name='MannishBoy']It's not that bad that I did not apparently get the deal. It is bad that their final screen where I ordered from showed the Lightning Deal, when the email did not. That's misrepresentation at the least.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, its the DECEPTION that is troubling, not the notion that one didn't get one in time. Worse, if you picked standard shipping it becomes an item you cannot cancel within minutes. Then you have to call or email begging if they will allow you to cancel despite the receipt page saying "We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed." Oh gee, how convenient for them to finalize your order so quickly.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Why os everyone acting like a baby? Lightning deals aren't unlimited stock deals. There's a set amount and they've blown through it. Amazon is doing some of you favors by getting you the promo. Their service is stellar and most of you are acting like it's the end of the world that you didn't get in on this. Suck it up and deal with the fact that you didn't get it this time around.[/QUOTE]
Cool story bro; I'd be smug if I got in on the deal, too.

Honestly, I hate these fucking lightning deals because some people have the advantage of a faster countdown. Usually I click add to cart and it just updates me with 100% claimed. This time I was actually excited to see it processing the add to cart. Even more so when it showed up in the cart with the special price. But then the taste of victory is swept away when you get to the checkout and 'oops, sorry our servers lag so much; no discount for you!'

I love Amazon, but they have got to figure out a better way of doing this. It's just too frustrating and confusing to the consumer.

I'm lucky i got the deal since my comp is super slow and laggy.

If anyone is still confused (as i was 5 minutes ago)
here:

Buy an Xbox 360 Arcade at the special promotional price of $199.98 and receive a $100 promotional code usable towards any future purchases of items at our Web site (www.amazon.com) shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. To qualify for the promotional code, you must purchase an Xbox 360 Arcade from the Amazon.com Gold Box on 11/07/2009 during the times it is featured as a Lightning Deal. The Xbox 360 Arcade will be a featured Lighting Deal on 11/07/2009 between 6:00am PST to 7:59am PST and again from 12:00pm PST to 1:59PM PST. Only one (1) promotional code will be sent per household. Promotional codes received as a result of this promotion will expire at 11:59pm PST on 12/31/2009. The promotional code will not be reflected at checkout when you purchase the Xbox 360 Arcade; instead, the final order confirmation page under "Order Summary " and the order confirmation email will mention "Lightning Deal: -$0.01" and the promotional code will be sent via email (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped. Orders that do not contain the message "Lightning Deal: -$0.01" do not qualify for this promotion. Shop the Amazon.com Gold Box. In order to qualify for the $100 promotional code, you must purchase an Xbox 360 Arcade from the Amazon.com Gold Box for the promotional price of $199.98 during the times it is featured as a Lightning Deal, while supplies last. The promotional code will not be reflected at checkout when you purchase the Xbox 360 Arcade; instead, the final order confirmation page under "Order Summary " and the order confirmation email will mention "Lightning Deal: -$0.01" and the promotional code will be sent via email (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped. Orders that do not contain the message "Lightning Deal: -$0.01" do not qualify for this promotion.

[quote name='Jodou']Cool story bro; I'd be smug if I got in on the deal, too.

Honestly, I hate these fucking lightning deals because some people have the advantage of a faster countdown. Usually I click add to cart and it just updates me with 100% claimed. This time I was actually excited to see it processing the add to cart. Even more so when it showed up in the cart with the special price. But then the taste of victory is swept away when you get to the checkout and 'oops, sorry our servers lag so much; no discount for you!'

I love Amazon, but they have got to figure out a better way of doing this. It's just too frustrating and confusing to the consumer.[/QUOTE]

^ I agree completely. I love Amazon but these deals drive me up a wall....

@ Jodou - Who do you think you are? Did I say I got in on the deal? I didn't attempt the deal as I already have 3 360s and I definitely don't need a 4th. I came in here because you people are bashing amazon as if they're the worst company in the world because you didn't get it, or it was "misrepresented" as you people are saying.

Fact of the matter is you didn't get one. The saying is better luck next time right?

Grow up and act like adults people. You can't always win.

A much better way for Amazon to handle deals like this is to give out a promotional code, which will give you the sale when entered at checkout. This is one big mess and there will probably be a lot of po'd people who didn't realize they got hosed out of the gift card and never receive it. Have a lightning deal that gives customers a unique code that can be applied to the specific product on sale and make the code valid for a set time limit....like 1 hour or 1 day. This would eliminate the chaos.

Amazon isn't fucking anyone over. You missed out on a deal. It's happened to all of us. You say "darn" and you go about your day. This was a price match lightning deal. Good show to amazon on matching a ridiculously good deal. Props to those who got it, condolences to those who didn't.

I was gonna do this but a) I already have an xbox b) as evidenced by this thread the emotional duress wasn't worth going for it c) I had amazon open but I started playing Uncharted and was actually having a good time so I missed it. Figure that, video games being a FUN thing on a Saturday. Who knew.

[quote name='Twie']someone needs to make a little flash game called "Practice for Black Friday" where you try and simulate this lightening deal shanagins because I have a feeling I'm not going to know how to do it once Black Friday hits :)[/QUOTE]

Does the game include bitching on message boards about how Amazon needs to be sued afterward because they screwed you over?

[quote name='Purkeynator']Oh so you're one of those assholes. Thanks on behalf of all of us.[/QUOTE]

Not only is he one of those aholes, he's also a troll. He posted that to get a rise out of you and you fell for it.

i think rather than calling you get better luck with the emails. maybe i'm just imagining it, but it's probably easier for them to tell you no on the phone and move on to the next call than it is to send people a template email with the corrections.

[quote name='onapartyrock']It is sad that such a nice machine was rushed to the point that the safe bet is you'll get a major failure at some point.

The fact that people are looking at this sale for a backup machine says a lot.[/QUOTE]
For clarification, I was stating the newest Jasper units fall in line with standard electronic failure rates. The xenon, zephyr, and to some extent, falcon chips are pieces of crap. I wouldn't be surprised the hear that almost every xenon fails within 5 years of its manufacturing date.

But do new buyers need to worry about that? No. Not unless you're looking used.

I wonder if you could call/email Amazon to get them to apply the promo code to an existing pre-orders once you receive the code. Did anyone have any success with retro-applying a similar promo credit to an existing order?

[quote name='HomieGFunk03']Amazon isn't fucking anyone over. You missed out on a deal. It's happened to all of us. You say "darn" and you go about your day. This was a price match lightning deal. Good show to amazon on matching a ridiculously good deal. Props to those who got it, condolences to those who didn't.

I was gonna do this but a) I already have an xbox b) as evidenced by this thread the emotional duress wasn't worth going for it c) I had amazon open but I started playing Uncharted and was actually having a good time so I missed it. Figure that, video games being a FUN thing on a Saturday. Who knew.[/QUOTE]

I love Amazon, but people defending them on this one are just wrong and aren't understanding whats happened. Their is some glitch that shows the discount in your cart, then disapears without any notification right before you checkout-tons of people will order this without knowing they didn't qualify for the promo-that is 100 percent bait and switch and outright fraud if intended. I'll say again I don't think it was intentional though and is some kind of glitch.

i forgot the last time i tried to jump in on a lightning deal.... i think it WAS a 360 deal ... man, that site crashes sooooo bad. Ooh! and i remember an incident with skullcandy with the 50% off sale that stacked with a 40% coupon getting a stereo 360 headset for $10-15 shipped was a pain too, site kept crashing and changing stock from "in" to "out"

I like my brick&mortar stores for the sole purpose that the employees won't just randomly freeze up and start changing their mind halfway thru transaction. But man, when you get lucky and snag a hot deal like this, you feel like you've accomplished something in life. Similar to the feeling of calling up a radio station and being the 9th caller to win something.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']@ Jodou - Who do you think you are? Did I say I got in on the deal? I didn't attempt the deal as I already have 3 360s and I definitely don't need a 4th. I came in here because you people are bashing amazon as if they're the worst company in the world because you didn't get it, or it was "misrepresented" as you people are saying.

Fact of the matter is you didn't get one. The saying is better luck next time right?

Grow up and act like adults people. You can't always win.[/QUOTE]
The fact of the matter is Amazon is deceiving many people into believing they got the deal and then pulling the rug out from under. I could care less if you got the deal or not, but we're well within our right to complain. I'm just glad I read this thread first, so I could identify whether I got the deal or not.

Luckily I read this thread right before the second go-round so I knew to look for the 199.98 price. Add me to the "Promo price in cart; not on order screen" list.

However I decided to hold off on ordering and sent an email. So it's still in my cart at the promo price. Not too optimistic but we'll see if this helps me more than trying to change it after the order's already been placed.

Either way, if this is what Amazon BF is going to be like, I'll skip it.

The people that are saying "Stop whining if you didn't get the deal" are missing the point. If it sells out it sells out, and yes people shouldn't whine about that. But having the price and promotion change without any notice somewhere between the cart, the order screen and the email is a real problem that Amazon needs to address. If I didn't read this thread first, I'd be like a lot of other people...planning on returning the system after getting denied the promo code.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']A much better way for Amazon to handle deals like this is to give out a promotional code, which will give you the sale when entered at checkout. This is one big mess and there will probably be a lot of po'd people who didn't realize they got hosed out of the gift card and never receive it. Have a lightning deal that gives customers a unique code that can be applied to the specific product on sale and make the code valid for a set time limit....like 1 hour or 1 day. This would eliminate the chaos.[/QUOTE]
I like it; then you don't have to compete with the lag.

[quote name='confoosious']Not only is he one of those aholes, he's also a troll. He posted that to get a rise out of you and you fell for it.[/QUOTE]
Shh! You'll give me away!

I got in on this deal.. I actually had three different browsers open with a different account... All of them said i got in on the deal but only my main account was able to get it with .01.. and the confusing part is that i didnt click add cart on that one first, it was my last click out of the three browsers..
but finally i get to use my $30 console code. : )

bread's done
Back