Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit: Deal Extended to Those Who Cancelled

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
UPDATE: Emails are going out to those who cancelled their previous order:
[quote name='Tardcore']Hello from Amazon.com.

We noticed you cancelled your order# XXXXXXX originally placed during the Lightning Deal promotion for the Xbox 360 Arcade console on November 7, 2009. If you cancelled your order due to problems with the promotion, we want to make sure you can take advantage of this deal if you're still interested.

If you order an Xbox 360 Arcade Console by 11:59pm PT on November 14, your order will qualify you for the $100 promotional code. The $100 promotional code does not apply to the purchase of the Xbox 360 Arcade itself, but is valid for a qualifying future purchase. The offer is limit one per household and is not transferable.

To order the console, go to the product’s detail page listed below, add it to your cart for $199.99, and check out as normal. Please note, Amazon.com must be the seller in order for you to qualify for the promotion.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Arcade/dp/B0029MAXS6

Your promotional code will be sent to you via e-mail (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped.

For additional details of the promotion, please see the following page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000450541

We're sorry for any inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.
Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com[/QUOTE]

[IMG-R=5198]8415[/IMG-R]Today at 9AM and 3PM EST, Amazon matches Walmart's Xbox 360 Arcade promotion with these two Lightning Deals...which will sell out faster than lightning.

iconxbox360.gif
Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit - 9AM & 3PM EST Amazon Lightning Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked Into this too. Seems like the drive tray cover is easy to switch as it just pops off. The eject button's a little bit trickier though. From what I could tell you might be able to do it carefully but there's a danger of putting too much stress on the anti-tamper sticker (making it obvious you dinked with it) and voiding your warranty. To do it "most properly" you have to open the case to a degree thus voiding the warranty.

Ruahrc

From amazon.com customer service:

Hello,

I’m sorry to hear your order didn’t qualify for $100 Amazon.com Promotional Code
at the time of placing this order.

We understand that this is a terrible customer experience and we’ve forwarded
this information to our marketing team and they are working to correct this
error.

It'll take a bit more time than usual and I just wanted to let you know I’ll
personally follow-up with this issue and write back in 2-3 business days with
promotion details.

One of our aims at Amazon.com is to provide a convenient and efficient service;
in this case, we haven't met that standard. I'm truly sorry, and I hope you'll
give us another chance in the future.

We're actively working to make this situation better. Thanks for giving me time
to find the best solution.
Best regards,

Amazon.com

For anyone else that ordered but did not get the promotion, I would suggest sending an email rather than calling.

[quote name='doughazelwood']From amazon.com customer service:

Hello,

I’m sorry to hear your order didn’t qualify for $100 Amazon.com Promotional Code
at the time of placing this order.

We understand that this is a terrible customer experience and we’ve forwarded
this information to our marketing team and they are working to correct this
error.

It'll take a bit more time than usual and I just wanted to let you know I’ll
personally follow-up with this issue and write back in 2-3 business days with
promotion details.

One of our aims at Amazon.com is to provide a convenient and efficient service;
in this case, we haven't met that standard. I'm truly sorry, and I hope you'll
give us another chance in the future.

We're actively working to make this situation better. Thanks for giving me time
to find the best solution.
Best regards,

Amazon.com

For anyone else that ordered but did not get the promotion, I would suggest sending an email rather than calling.[/QUOTE]

From reading other forums looks like most people are getting this response now. I think were going to see Amazon step up to this plate on this one and fix it. Their is no way they intended to anger and deceive people by changing the price by one penny at the last moment. For people saying oh too bad you should have seen the price change- keep in mind not only was it extremely subtle, but the way the deal works you have no choice but to act extremely fast. There is absolutely no way to justify swapping out prices at the last second by one penny under those type of conditions. I really hope they figure out the problem with their lightning deals before black friday.

I have a feeling this generosity does not extend to those of us who canceled....

[quote name='caltab']From reading other forums looks like most people are getting this response now. I think were going to see Amazon step up to this plate on this one and fix it. Their is no way they intended to anger and deceive people by changing the price by one penny at the last moment. For people saying oh too bad you should have seen the price change- keep in mind not only was it extremely subtle, but the way the deal works you have no choice but to act extremely fast. There is absolutely no way to justify swapping out prices at the last second by one penny under those type of conditions. I really hope they figure out the problem with their lightning deals before black friday.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nefaquotek']I have a feeling this generosity does not extend to those of us who canceled....[/QUOTE]

You don't know unless you ask. I personally did not feel this particular instance was worth arguing or having a 360 sent out before my cancellation window closed. If any e-tailer will work with you on this, it would be Amazon.

I understand Amazon makes mistakes, but we need to be a little bit more patient with them because if they decide gamers are too much of a pain in the ass, there aren't too many good alternatives.

[quote name='Mr. Domino']Worked fine for me. I added mine the instant the deal went live and just checked out without a hitch some seven or so hours later. I'd wager any problems with the deal are on the user end with people trying to one-click purchase, deleting their carts, or whatever. As far as the one cent difference not being a good indicator of whether or not you got the deal during check out, it specifically says "lightning deal" right by it. I'm thinking these complaints are just sour grapes. :)[/QUOTE]

I love the analysts in these thread. I already posted, I clicked on the first deal when it went live, I've shopped on Amazon for many years, I know what I'm doing. It glitched, end of story. That's fine. Amazon will be fair.

I got a similar e-mail as doughazelwood, but mine was even longer & more apologetic. One of the extra paragraphs includes this:

"I want to assure you that this was only due to some technical glitch in our side and we will soon resolve this issue and apply the gold box promotion which has been mentioned in the website when you placed the order.
Rest assured that we're actively working to make this situation better. Thanks for giving me time to find the best solution."

Sorry to all those who got crappy CSRs who said "too bad" and canceled their order. Seems like those of us who e-mailed had more success than those who called.

I just woke up and was taking a shower, I do indeed plan to ask.

I guess I'm just a bit bitter since I missed out on Walmart B&M and website's deal by having gone the Amazon way, which at this point had never failed me.

Ill send out an email and see what happens, if not, well I suppose there'll always be another deal.

By the way, one thing I do wonder is if perhaps those of us who got into their buy 80$ worth of stuff, get 40$, might have been the ones who received the glitch. That's one variable I didnt see posted here.

Anyway, the Joker isnt going to put himself back in prison..... wait, nevermind, he did, BUT I got to go stop him! :lol:

[quote name='turls']You don't know unless you ask. I personally did not feel this particular instance was worth arguing or having a 360 sent out before my cancellation window closed. If any e-tailer will work with you on this, it would be Amazon.

I understand Amazon makes mistakes, but we need to be a little bit more patient with them because if they decide gamers are too much of a pain in the ass, there aren't too many good alternatives.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nefaquotek']
By the way, one thing I do wonder is if perhaps those of us who got into their buy 80$ worth of stuff, get 40$, might have been the ones who received the glitch. That's one variable I didnt see posted here.
[/QUOTE]

I didn't do that promotion & I got the glitch.

I was thinking maybe it had to do with timing. Perhaps those of us who clicked on it rather quickly got it before the penny drop actually registered in their checkout system, even though the cart assumes that because you added it from the gold box, you should get the gold box price.

So much for my theory.
Anyway, what you are saying makes sense but I think several people clicked on it right away and still got it.

So this is the email I sent out to Amazon, I'm sure there'll be some fault in it that will make me lose out, AGAIN. O well.

"Hi,
Recently I participated in the buy a Xbox360 Arcade, get a $100 gift card, which was an alternative to Walmart's own deal of the same nature. This was done through the lightning deal, and I believe a glitch in the system might have otherwise placed me outside the promotion. I bought the item directly from the lightning deal homepage, after it came live, and in 30 seconds had checked out, with the console at the lightning deal price of 199.98 but ultimately the invoice and confirmation e-mail which was postmarked at 8:00am Central time, denied the deal and did not specify the fact that I had not received the promotion.
I go to a website to find these deals, and only by having looked in the forum did I realize that I had not actually obtained this deal. Worse, I found out that there was no consistency in those who actually acquired it. Some had checked out extremely fast (as I had), and others waited hours to checkout (had the item in their cart) and still got the promotion. Also customer service provided various degree of feedback, some saying the promotion would be applied, others saying "no". I was of the latter.
Ultimately I canceled my order and attempted again, with order XXXXXXXXXXXXXX but I received a similar glitched. I canceled.
Now, I have always preferred Amazon to any other retailer, online or brick and mortar, and hence I chose it over Walmart. I understand that mistakes happen, but several people and myself are in this situation, and were not pleased.
Some of them have received emails stating that they will receive the promotion. I was told to cancel and so I did. I believe that, as well as others of similar stance, should not be omitted from the promotion due to a glitch.
I hope you can help me on this situation, Sorry for the ramble, but its quite a messy story.
Thank you for your time. "

[quote name='Reira']I didn't do that promotion & I got the glitch.

I was thinking maybe it had to do with timing. Perhaps those of us who clicked on it rather quickly got it before the penny drop actually registered in their checkout system, even though the cart assumes that because you added it from the gold box, you should get the gold box price.[/QUOTE]

Hello from Amazon.com.

Thank you for writing to us regarding Goldbox offer for "Buy an Xbox 360 Arcade."

Your order didn't meet all of the qualifications for receiving this promotional certificate offer. Specifically, this promotion was offered with the restriction "while supplies last" and the quantity of items available at this discounted cost were sold out in less than a minute. I am sorry that you were unable to take advantage of this promotional offer. I encourage you to check back on our website regularly as we continually try to offer special discounts on may items on our website. Any special offers will be advertised throughout our website.

For your reference, the restrictions for this specific Goldbox offer promotion are on our website here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...N3FV7O?ie=UTF8&docId=1000450541&pfRdReplace=1

Restrictions for promotional offers vary, so I recommend reading the "fine print" details.

I understand you're upset, and I regret that we haven't been able to address your concerns to your satisfaction. We can't offer any additional insight or action.

We've appreciated your business and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

It is our absolute commitment to provide you the best possible customer service. Should you need any further assistance with this order, please click the link below to tell us when and where to get in touch with you, and a dedicated customer service representative will contact you by phone to provide resolution.

http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-n?c=wxyaeadh3229166754&q=sn

Best regards,

Reena
Amazon.com
We're Building Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company http://www.amazon.com/your-account

---- Original message: ----

COMMENTS: I was upset that Amazon did not honor my order for the Xbox 360 Arcade system with promotional $100 gift card. I added this to my cart through the GoldBox not even 5 seconds after the sale went live, then I checked out within 20 seconds of placing it in my cart. According to your website, the deal was over at a little under 2 minutes, which is why I don't understand why I did not get in on this deal. Other people, including myself, had an issue of being charged 199.99 instead of 199.98, even when they placed their orders before the sale ended. They successfully called Amazon representatives and were honored the deal. I called twice, seeing if Amazon would honor the deal for me, but no one would help me. I then canceled my order and went to Wal-Mart since they had a similar promotion. I do not understand why you were honoring some people, but not myself. I would like a follow-up e-mail explaining why this happened.

[quote name='Tardcore']Hello from Amazon.com.

Thank you for writing to us regarding Goldbox offer for "Buy an Xbox 360 Arcade."

Your order didn't meet all of the qualifications for receiving this promotional certificate offer. Specifically, this promotion was offered with the restriction "while supplies last" and the quantity of items available at this discounted cost were sold out in less than a minute. I am sorry that you were unable to take advantage of this promotional offer. I encourage you to check back on our website regularly as we continually try to offer special discounts on may items on our website. Any special offers will be advertised throughout our website.

For your reference, the restrictions for this specific Goldbox offer promotion are on our website here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...N3FV7O?ie=UTF8&docId=1000450541&pfRdReplace=1

Restrictions for promotional offers vary, so I recommend reading the "fine print" details.

I understand you're upset, and I regret that we haven't been able to address your concerns to your satisfaction. We can't offer any additional insight or action.

We've appreciated your business and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

It is our absolute commitment to provide you the best possible customer service. Should you need any further assistance with this order, please click the link below to tell us when and where to get in touch with you, and a dedicated customer service representative will contact you by phone to provide resolution.

http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-n?c=wxyaeadh3229166754&q=sn

Best regards,

Reena
Amazon.com
We're Building Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company http://www.amazon.com/your-account

---- Original message: ----

COMMENTS: I was upset that Amazon did not honor my order for the Xbox 360 Arcade system with promotional $100 gift card. I added this to my cart through the GoldBox not even 5 seconds after the sale went live, then I checked out within 20 seconds of placing it in my cart. According to your website, the deal was over at a little under 2 minutes, which is why I don't understand why I did not get in on this deal. Other people, including myself, had an issue of being charged 199.99 instead of 199.98, even when they placed their orders before the sale ended. They successfully called Amazon representatives and were honored the deal. I called twice, seeing if Amazon would honor the deal for me, but no one would help me. I then canceled my order and went to Wal-Mart since they had a similar promotion. I do not understand why you were honoring some people, but not myself. I would like a follow-up e-mail explaining why this happened.[/QUOTE]

I had something similar... here's the e-mail I received.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

I’m sorry for any disappointment you might have with this order.

I understand you placed the order during the specified promotion period. However, the supply of some of the items we offer is limited, and popular products like the X-Box can sell out quickly. I regret to inform but, your order did not qualify for the promotion, as we ran out of supply.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon at Amazon.com.

Best regards,

Mohammad Hussain
Amazon.com
We're Building Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company
http://www.amazon.com/your-account

----------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty much mine is saying; yeah, you got in on the deal... but we ran out of stock, so... oh well, screw you!

Has anyone who did get the lightning deal $199.98 price actually had their 360 ship? Mine is still in the "not yet shipped" stage so I'm slightly worried there was such a major screw up that all the orders are going to get canceled. Then again, my prime trial just expired and maybe I forgot how slow the FSSS process can be.

After getting the $40 coupon from the Medieval Games flip, using the $30 trade-in promo coupon and Amazon letting me use my Dragon Age $10 credit twice accidentally, I will have had an insane November of Amazon deals. I added it up and I'm getting a 360 console, Dragon Age, MW2, L4D2 and Assassin's Creed for $265 AND getting $130 back in credit. That isn't even factoring in that I am paying for some of that in 'profit' I got from flipping other games to Amazon last month or $10 credits from previous purchases.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='whoasaywhat']Still not bait and switch. "In retail sales, a bait and switch is a form of fraud in which the party putting forth the fraud lures in customers by advertising a product or service at an unprofitably low price, then reveals to potential customers that the advertised good is not available but that a substitute is."

Amazon didnt give you a substitute that they claimed was of equal value but wasn't.[/QUOTE]

Finally someone who understands what the bait and switch tactic is.

Amazon might have had a glitch. You might call them out for outright fraud because you think they knowingly deceived people why charging them more than agreed to.

But this is not bait and switch. People love throwing out the bait and switch terminology because they heard it on 20/20 and this is all their limited brains can remember so they toss it out for everything.

Free tacos while supplies last but they ran out? Bait and switch! :roll:

[quote name='Moravagine']Has anyone who did get the lightning deal $199.98 price actually had their 360 ship? Mine is still in the "not yet shipped" stage so I'm slightly worried there was such a major screw up that all the orders are going to get canceled. Then again, my prime trial just expired and maybe I forgot how slow the FSSS process can be.

After getting the $40 coupon from the Medieval Games flip, using the $30 trade-in promo coupon and Amazon letting me use my Dragon Age $10 credit twice accidentally, I will have had an insane November of Amazon deals. I added it up and I'm getting a 360 console, Dragon Age, MW2, L4D2 and Assassin's Creed for $265 AND getting $130 back in credit. That isn't even factoring in that I am paying for some of that in 'profit' I got from flipping other games to Amazon last month or $10 credits from previous purchases.[/QUOTE]

Mine hasn't shipped yet, but it is Sunday. The date estimated is November 13th, but usually it's not that long.

I had the item in my cart showing the discount, but unfortunately it didn't appear in the final order confirmation page (which I suspect is the 'glitch' people are talking about, but this thread is *huge* and I haven't been able to read it all yet). Emailed CS immediately, politely requested they verify that I received the promotion or cancel my order. Rep said they were sorry for the misunderstanding. they would apply the discount, and I would see my GC in my email within a week of the Xbox shipping. However, I have not seen an actual change to my order. I figure I'll wait it out and see - if I don't receive the certificate I'll contact CS and refer them to the support email I received, and return the Xbox if required. Of course, that implies I'll need to keep it unopened for a bit ...

[quote name='Moravagine']Has anyone who did get the lightning deal $199.98 price actually had their 360 ship? Mine is still in the "not yet shipped" stage so I'm slightly worried there was such a major screw up that all the orders are going to get canceled. Then again, my prime trial just expired and maybe I forgot how slow the FSSS process can be.[/QUOTE]Mine has shipped to arrive on Tuesday. Looking at the tracker, it's going around the country first. -_-

I do have Prime still.

[quote name='confoosious']Finally someone who understands what the bait and switch tactic is.

Amazon might have had a glitch. You might call them out for outright fraud because you think they knowingly deceived people why charging them more than agreed to.

But this is not bait and switch. People love throwing out the bait and switch terminology because they heard it on 20/20 and this is all their limited brains can remember so they toss it out for everything.

Free tacos while supplies last but they ran out? Bait and switch! :roll:[/QUOTE]

No... technically it is a different product alltogether:

They advertised an Xbox Arcade + Gift Card, and they gave people an Xbox Arcade.
In many stores, like Walmart, those are two separate items with different SKU's. So its a bait and switch if intentional, but most likely still a glitch by mistake.

[quote name='davidpiano1']No... technically it is a different product alltogether:

They advertised an Xbox Arcade + Gift Card, and they gave people an Xbox Arcade.
In many stores, like Walmart, those are two separate items with different SKU's. So its a bait and switch if intentional, but most likely still a glitch by mistake.[/QUOTE]

I think what people are upset about is that all the way through the check out process it stated they were getting the deal - 199.98. Then, after it was ordered and all is done the email arrives that states 199.99 and no mention of the promo. That is bait and switch.

[quote name='confoosious'] Finally someone who understands what the bait and switch tactic is.

Free tacos while supplies last but they ran out? Bait and switch! [/QUOTE]

I understand that you think you know what bait and switch is. The reason you're wrong is that you've applied a much stricter standard than is factual.

Amazon took the discounted item out of a great many customer's carts and replaced it with the same item at Double The Price!

This was done without notice.

This was done in total violation of Amazon's own stated terms and conditions of their Gold Box discount program.

When a Gold Box item is out of stock, Amazon has never in my experience, quietly (secretly) replaced the discounted item with the full price item. I suspect a huge number of buyers still think they've received the discounted item and won't find out until they ask about their $100 gift code.

I think we all agree that this was a completely scummy and underhanded practice. So we're getting into the weeds here by arguing whether this was "technically" an instance bait and switch. Still, I have to point out that by the definition of the practice, this was bait and switch.

I realize that most instances of bait and switch are not completely identical to what happened here. Most of the time a scummy retailer tries to up sell customers to a similar, but not identical item. That doesn't change the fact that what Amazon did does meet the dictionary definition of "bait and switch".

The dictionary definition: "A sales tactic in which a bargain-priced item is used to attract customers who are then encouraged to purchase a more expensive similar item."

That's exactly what Amazon did. While not completely identical to typical instances of bait and switch, Amazon's conduct definitely met the broad definition of bait and switch. Because their conduct meets the definition of that illegal practice, because it has the appearance of being completely (and uncommonly) dishonest, I suspect Amazon will relent and make this right.

Just got this e-mail from Amazon...Makes me feel a little better about this purchase...

Hello from Amazon.com.

Thank you for your recent purchase of the Xbox 360 Arcade console. Your order qualified you for a special promotion we were running that entitles you to a $100 promotional code valid towards a future purchase from Amazon.com.

The $100 promotion does not apply to the purchase of the XBox 360 Arcade itself, but is valid for a qualifying future purchase. For additional details of the promotion, please see the following page:

Your promotional code will be sent to you via e-mail (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped.

Thank you for shopping Amazon.com.
Sincerely,

Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com

Hello from Amazon.com.

Thank you for your recent purchase of the Xbox 360 Arcade console. Your order qualified you for a special promotion we were running that entitles you to a $100 promotional code valid towards a future purchase from Amazon.com.

The $100 promotion does not apply to the purchase of the XBox 360 Arcade itself, but is valid for a qualifying future purchase. For additional details of the promotion, please see the following page: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000450541

Sincerely,

Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com

Just got this email from Amazon! I originally paid 199.99 but a customer rep dropped it to 199.98 (not sure if that made a difference).

[quote name='ziutek']Just got this email from Amazon! I originally paid 199.99 but a customer rep dropped it to 199.98 (not sure if that made a difference).[/QUOTE]
same boat as you, just got the email also!

I sent an email to CS a couple hours ago and just got the email. I don't know if they're related, but I'm pretty happy right now.

I also just received the confirmation saying I would get the $100 GC although I had no doubt I would as I had the $199.98 price and lightning deal listed in invoice.

I can't believe all the morons freaking out at SD. Amazon rarely screws people over and in fact has over-refunded me on many occasions. On this very order I used a coupon a rep had manually applied to a different order but let me keep in my cart to use again.

Good news for you guys. I guess we should have never have doubted in Amazon.

Unfortunately for me I have not received this email even though I had 199.99 TWICE, but canceled both times, so we'll see.

Email I just received, see my earlier post about how I paid $200, and there was no special notification during the purchase, except that it happened during the promotion and was the link during the active gold box:
"Hello from Amazon.com.

The $100 promotion does not apply to the purchase of the XBox 360 Arcade itself, but is valid for a qualifying future purchase. For additional details of the promotion, please see the following page: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000450541

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department"

[quote name='davidpiano1']No... technically it is a different product alltogether:

In many stores, like Walmart, those are two separate items with different SKU's. So its a bait and switch if intentional, but most likely still a glitch by mistake.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='InvaderZim']I think what people are upset about is that all the way through the check out process it stated they were getting the deal - 199.98. Then, after it was ordered and all is done the email arrives that states 199.99 and no mention of the promo. That is bait and switch.[/QUOTE]

Agree. You were offered one thing when you put it in your cart and accepted the sale terms, but when you get the email it is basically twice as expensive a deal.

I cancelled my order on the phone. It's going to increase my irritation level if I don't get the deal due to the CSR canceling it for me when others that complained by email get the deal. Inconsistent rectification of their screw up doesn't help promote confidence in their customer service.

(maybe I'm just jealous ;) Glad at least some of us are getting handled correctly)

yep got the e-mail as well. Glad I didn't have a chance to cancel (it was in process of shipping withen 20 minutes). Very Very happy

im in the same boat as many of you guys, put in cart showed 199.98 checked out price did not show the lightning discount, but just got the email about the 100$ gift code so what I am thinking is Amazon is honoring the offer for anyone who bought a 360 arcade during the deal time whether you got the 01 cent discount or not...guess they didnt want to alienate all their customers...

I put mine in my cart at $199.98 from the 6am GB, but didn't order until 11pm. It still showed the deal in my cart, but the price was $199.99 at final checkout. I emailed, and now received the email that I WILL receive the $100. I don't think it mattered that I emailed though, since it seems amazon made a blanket decision.

Should I complain that I paid 1 cent more than everyone else??

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Amazon, but it shouldn't have been so confusing.

ROTFL ill throw ya a penny if it means that much :)

I'm sure amazon will be getting hammered again by people who had their orders canceled over the phone

[quote name='nefaquotek']Good news for you guys. I guess we should have never have doubted in Amazon.

Unfortunately for me I have not received this email even though I had 199.99 TWICE, but canceled both times, so we'll see.[/QUOTE]

I ordered once as well, cancelled 20 sec later and still had the deal... it was 199.99 too. They just e-mailed the good news. They can keep the penny if it's true. Gotta love Amazon.

I sent a very angry e-mail into them after they denied me, and they replied and said they would look into it and apologized immensely (the e-mail said they were going to investigate and look further into the matter). Not long after, I received the same e-mail everyone else here is, saying I qualified for the credit.

Very, very happy now. Especially since I paid for it with $100 in GC's I already had, and my $5 Uncharted 2 code. So, I just spent $96 out of pocket and am getting $100 in return. Very, very nice. This will make a great Christmas present for my brother, especially since his current 360 seems to be on the way out.

I was able to get in on the deal for the 9 am lightening deal. I got an email a few hours ago stating that it's been shipped. I was about to leave to go to Walmart and stumbled on this. Thanks Cheapy!

I went to walmart and they told me the sale ended yesterday at 12? I thought the deal was going to end friday? They had xbox 360 in stock but didn't bother getting one without the giftcard is the continued deal a YMMV?

I sent CS an email the other day, pretty much just a rant, I didn't ask for anything and got this in return.

Hello,

I'm sorry for the trouble you had when trying to take the advantage of the Gold Box deal promotion for the item Xbox 360 Arcade.

We understand that this is a terrible customer experience and we’ve forwarded this information to our technical team and they are working to correct this error. Errors like this are usually corrected shortly after they're reported.

In this case, I suggest you to let us know by visiting the below mentioned link, after placing a new order for the same item directly with Amazon.com retail store, so that as an one time exception we will change the price of the item to $99.98 (in order to reflect the promotion value) on that new order.

I just ordered, we'll see if they actually adjust the price.

After getting nowhere on the phone with an Amazon CSR immediately after purchase, I emailed Amazon a long letter expressing my disappointment with the deal. I also left feedback on the CSR I spoke with on the phone.

Later today, I received the same email as everyone: My Xbox 360 Arcade was eligible for $100 credit, which I'll receive 7-10 days after my Xbox ships.

It seems like if you want any results with Amazon's CSRs, email is the way to go. (Note: I never mentioned getting any compensation in my emails, or on the phone (other than asking why I didn't get the $100 GC Lightning Deal, and was waiting for the replies to the emails I sent before I decided if I was going to cancel or not.)

When sending e-mails to CSR I never rant. You shouldn't make them hate you. They are just doing what their told to say, it's the people above them that make the call. I just explained everything nicely, and included all information I could. The three responses from them were very cordial.

[quote name='CaptDS9E']When sending e-mails to CSR I never rant. You shouldn't make them hate you. They are just doing what their told to say, it's the people above them that make the call. I just explained everything nicely, and included all information I could. The three responses from them were very cordial.[/QUOTE]

Being nice to CSR is what got me denied; I only got somewhere once I wasn't as nice. Normally, I try to be as nice as possible in my e-mails, but being denied something the CSR admitted I was eligible for made me quite mad.

[quote name='drunkenxsouljah']I went to walmart and they told me the sale ended yesterday at 12? I thought the deal was going to end friday? They had xbox 360 in stock but didn't bother getting one without the giftcard is the continued deal a YMMV?[/QUOTE]

This happened to me as well.

I ordered it at 9:00am Lightning Deal and got $199.99 and found out later in the day that I was not eligible for the credit even though i got my confirmation email from amazon with a time marked as 9:00am. I called and they said I didnt get the Lightning deal but yesterday after the item shipped(since I didnt realize I didnt get the deal until shipped), I got an email from amazon stating I got the $100 without even complaining!

I got the email too! My console isn't shipping until November 30 or something but I don't care. My current system (launch, repaired 3 times) is not working properly but I can wait. In the meantime one of my friends is dropping off a system that he repaired himself - he thinks it will hold up but no promises but hey, free is free.

Ugh, I had the darn thing in my cart with the gold box discount, but not at checkout, and I cancelled because of it. Now I'm sick I didn't just keep it.

I have a $30 console credit burning a hole in my pocket. I would get the MW2 bundle because I want a Jasper and the 250GB HD especially, but hate the design. I'm just hoping for an amazon BF elite deal now or MS to come out with the HD separatey.

bread's done
Back