Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit: Deal Extended to Those Who Cancelled

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
UPDATE: Emails are going out to those who cancelled their previous order:
[quote name='Tardcore']Hello from Amazon.com.

We noticed you cancelled your order# XXXXXXX originally placed during the Lightning Deal promotion for the Xbox 360 Arcade console on November 7, 2009. If you cancelled your order due to problems with the promotion, we want to make sure you can take advantage of this deal if you're still interested.

If you order an Xbox 360 Arcade Console by 11:59pm PT on November 14, your order will qualify you for the $100 promotional code. The $100 promotional code does not apply to the purchase of the Xbox 360 Arcade itself, but is valid for a qualifying future purchase. The offer is limit one per household and is not transferable.

To order the console, go to the product’s detail page listed below, add it to your cart for $199.99, and check out as normal. Please note, Amazon.com must be the seller in order for you to qualify for the promotion.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Arcade/dp/B0029MAXS6

Your promotional code will be sent to you via e-mail (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped.

For additional details of the promotion, please see the following page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000450541

We're sorry for any inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.
Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com[/QUOTE]

[IMG-R=5198]8415[/IMG-R]Today at 9AM and 3PM EST, Amazon matches Walmart's Xbox 360 Arcade promotion with these two Lightning Deals...which will sell out faster than lightning.

iconxbox360.gif
Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit - 9AM & 3PM EST Amazon Lightning Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they do the same for the laptop LD they had. I guess we will really see how good amazon if they can fess up to that mistake.

Amazon came through for all. They have been my favorite store for a solid 13 months. They have not drifted.

I using the Arcade for a Christmas present. I doubt that option would even prompted my mind if not for a $100 credit.

Hard to say for sure if Amazon is doing this because of their own lack of being able to handle the lightning deal, Or the fact that Wal-mart is keeping the deal going all week.

I'm more likely to think it's because of Wal-mart. Simple reason. On BF, when the same thing happens again, do you really think amazon will be sending all of us emails saying we can still get the deal we tried to get on BF? Uh,,, NO.

Sorry Amazon, Wal-mart got my money yesterday, and I've already done my license transfer from my old 360.

how exactly is amazon gauging who got the email and who didnt? i doubt amazon will check each 360 arcade order and see if they sent that user and email.

Perhaps just ordering through the email link is special enough to honor the promotion, but what I'm getting at is it possible for ANYONE to use the email link to be able to get the promotion?

I dont want to risk it as i havent got the email, but i did have a 360 in my cart at the 9AM deal, but ended up removing it at about 1 minute after the deal started because the 1 cent discount wasnt showing up at checkout.

Wondering if people think this would work?

[quote name='etcrane']You're an asshole who has been an asshole about this deal the entire time ... why would we respond to you. It's one thing to mock people who miss a deal and whine, it's another thing to mock people who missed out on a deal because of a glitch in the system and were angry about it.

Some people understood this, however you and several others didn't and played it off like the people complaining were all huge babies just crying over missing a deal. So when you ask where all those folks are, would you expect anyone to actually respond after your numerous dick comments?

You can disagree ... but that's how I saw it dude and there were others, it wasn't just you, but perhaps a little bit more understanding of what actually happened might help you in the future.[/QUOTE]

well said. I was one of the first to say that this was clearly a glitch and that the end result made amazon look like they were pulling a bait and switch like tactic. I also pointed out there is no way that is was what amazon intended and that they would probably fix the entire mess. I was also one of the first to commend them for fixing the issue. To me them fixing it only validates my point that it was an ugly glitch and Amazon had no choice but to fix it because its effect made them look very scetchy if not corrected. While it was happening lots of people chimed in saying people were just cry babies for missing out on the deal, but it seemed like they had no comprehension of what actually happened. Clearly Amazon eventually did and they made right the best they could.

Once again Amazon steps up to the plate. Thank god. Saves me from driving to every evil Walmart in town to get this deal. No tax, no shipping = I buy from Amazon.

Thanks again CAG.

This may sound like a dumb question, but I recall seeing there is only allowed 1 promotional code per account. And I just recently ordered CoD:MW 2 and that comes with $20, so that will still be counted right? Thanks.

More on topic, Amazon rocks! :D

I have to give huge props to Amazon for fixing this fiasco. Got an email Sunday night telling me I got the promotion even after I cancelled, called them up the next day to explain the situation, and they let me re-purchase to take advantage of the $100 promotion.

The last 11 of my 12 gaming purchases have been made through Amazon for their superior prices and service. I can't rave about them enough these past few months.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']This may sound like a dumb question, but I recall seeing there is only allowed 1 promotional code per account. And I just recently ordered CoD:MW 2 and that comes with $20, so that will still be counted right? Thanks.

More on topic, Amazon rocks! :D[/QUOTE]

Yes, the promotional credits stack from various offers. I believe the rule is you can't have multiple credits from ordering the same item multiple times (correct me if I'm wrong, CAGs)

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']This may sound like a dumb question, but I recall seeing there is only allowed 1 promotional code per account. And I just recently ordered CoD:MW 2 and that comes with $20, so that will still be counted right? Thanks.

More on topic, Amazon rocks! :D[/QUOTE]

That game credit is a different thing. I have multiple game credits coming with various games I've pre-ordered.

My question is why I haven't gotten my MW2 credit yet even though it's shipped. I hope I can apply the MW2 $20 to this Xbox, so I haven't reordered yet.

[quote name='MannishBoy']That game credit is a different thing. I have multiple game credits coming with various games I've pre-ordered.

My question is why I haven't gotten my MW2 credit yet even though it's shipped. I hope I can apply the MW2 $20 to this Xbox, so I haven't reordered yet.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response, to answer your question is I believe it takes 2 days to get your code. And I don't think you can apply the $20 to your xbox, I could be wrong but it does say video game purchase, not sure if that includes systems.

[quote name='etcrane']You're an asshole who has been an asshole about this deal the entire time ... why would we respond to you. It's one thing to mock people who miss a deal and whine, it's another thing to mock people who missed out on a deal because of a glitch in the system and were angry about it.

Some people understood this, however you and several others didn't and played it off like the people complaining were all huge babies just crying over missing a deal. So when you ask where all those folks are, would you expect anyone to actually respond after your numerous dick comments?

You can disagree ... but that's how I saw it dude and there were others, it wasn't just you, but perhaps a little bit more understanding of what actually happened might help you in the future.[/QUOTE]

Oh I understand fully what happened. The glitch happened to my gf. But I didn't go off threatening lawsuits and talking about how badly amazon was defrauding the people. (Down with amazon!)

It just seems to me that people get WAY too crazy when stuff doesn't go their way, start whining like bitches and acting self entitled.

But then, when something goes right, no kudos for Amazon. The number of people whining was 10x the number of people in this thread saying "great work by Amazon."

It's the disproportionate response that's disconcerting.

Self entitled people tend not to see it when things go their way, only when it doesn't. Those are the bitches I'm talking about. If that isn't you, then perhaps you should move along.

to me this still did not fix the problem.. many people ordered them got to the final check out page and then never ordered cause they did not want to fight amazon to try to get the 100 buck discount so amazon is still screwing them over

Amazon is screwing no one over. They're going above and beyond. I for one am glad to spend my money with this company. I am incredibly stingy but never feel bad about spending money with them because they do whatever it takes to help you.

I went ahead with my order and figured I would give them a call to see if they would give me the deal. I had used a $10 game credit so I called...they would not give me the deal, but they canceled my order and gave me my $10 credit PLUS an extra $10 credit for the problem lol! Now they are offering the deal through email, sweet! :D

[quote name='slidecage']to me this still did not fix the problem.. many people ordered them got to the final check out page and then never ordered cause they did not want to fight amazon to try to get the 100 buck discount so amazon is still screwing them over[/QUOTE]

I gotta agree with you here. They should extend the offer to those people. It just impossible to know who they are unless they somehow keep a record of what has been added to your cart at any time.

I got the e-mail as well, but I already had ordered from Wal-Mart's site — which means I got screwed paying for tax and shipping. Oh well ... Glad to see Amazon going above and beyond for its customers.

I placed an order during the lightning deal but did not make the cut, so I called and cancelled my order. They emailed me today apologizing and offered to let me put in an order and they would honor the previous deal, so I did. I have some Amazon giftcards so it comes out better for me and I can save on taxes.
Now I have to take the 360 I got from Walmart last weekend back to Wally world.

Thanks Amazon

Damn you Amazon! I have prime and I knew I wouldn't be able to cancel if I placed the order, so I didn't bother putting it through. I still have a SS of my cart with the discount listed, though. At this point, I'm not sure I want to bother since it was just going to be a gift anyways.

Amazon may fail a lot with these promotions, but at least they make amends. I still hope they do away with the lightning system and come up with something better, though.

This is great for those who missed out on the deal.

Yet again, Amazon comes through and affirms their awesomeness!

[quote name='2&2']I gotta agree with you here. They should extend the offer to those people. It just impossible to know who they are unless they somehow keep a record of what has been added to your cart at any time.[/QUOTE]

dont know if this proves anything but if you had one in your cart and did not check all the way out

Saved Items--To Buy Later Price:
Item added on November 7, 2009

Xbox 360 Arcade - Microsoft; Video Game
Condition: New
In Stock

Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping

shows i added it on NOV 7

SWEET JUST REORDERED AFTER RECEIVING THEIR EMAIL--WASTED ABOUT 35 MIN WRITING TO THEM A FEW TIMES THE FIRST DAY-(AS THE FIRST TIME I WROTE TO THEM MY EMAIL DIDNT GO THROUGH) N NO I WAS NOT A JERK i WAS NICE AS HELL. 35MIN FOR A NEW XBOX WORTH IT-- HEY I JUST SEE THAT AS DRIVING TO N BACK FROM THE STORES. THANKS AMAZON

[quote name='confoosious']Oh I understand fully what happened. The glitch happened to my gf. But I didn't go off threatening lawsuits and talking about how badly amazon was defrauding the people. (Down with amazon!)

It just seems to me that people get WAY too crazy when stuff doesn't go their way, start whining like bitches and acting self entitled.

But then, when something goes right, no kudos for Amazon. The number of people whining was 10x the number of people in this thread saying "great work by Amazon."

It's the disproportionate response that's disconcerting.

Self entitled people tend not to see it when things go their way, only when it doesn't. Those are the bitches I'm talking about. If that isn't you, then perhaps you should move along.[/QUOTE]

I agree with your points about people being overly entitled and quick to act crazy, but it was frustrating in this particular case when many people who were unaffected started criticizing the folks who weren't able to get the deal and had gotten up/ stayed up for it. My response was a bit brash, but there were plenty of folks who just didn't empathize with those affected by the glitch. I just hate to see CAGs getting into petty arguments when we're really all here to get and share deals at the end of the day.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Thanks for the response, to answer your question is I believe it takes 2 days to get your code. And I don't think you can apply the $20 to your xbox, I could be wrong but it does say video game purchase, not sure if that includes systems.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='zeb06']I went ahead with my order and figured I would give them a call to see if they would give me the deal. I had used a $10 game credit so I called...they would not give me the deal, but they canceled my order and gave me my $10 credit PLUS an extra $10 credit for the problem lol! Now they are offering the deal through email, sweet! :D[/QUOTE]

So does anybody know if game credit works on hardware? zeb06's post seems to imply it does...

I will go ahead and reorder if it doesn't. If it does, I'll wait on my MW2 discount.

[quote name='confoosious']Obviously.

How come no one is crying about bait and switch now? [/QUOTE]

Umm. Maybe because Amazon fixed the problem. It seems clear that Amazon is notifying every single person who may have been baited and switched, and offered them the discounted item. In doing so, Amazon has removed the bait and switch, because they've given everyone the discounted item. (and yes, it definitely was bait and switch)

[quote name='confoosious']

It's just that the most vocal people who whined their asses off are now nowhere to be found when Amazon makes good.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about?? We're still here and we're very glad that Amazon owned up to their mistake and did the right thing.

I can only guess you're mad because you can no longer lord it over us that we didn't get the deal. We rightfully complained about Amazon's initially horrible conduct and forced them to make good on the deal.

Yes, we won, live with it.

[quote name='MannishBoy']So does anybody know if game credit works on hardware? zeb06's post seems to imply it does...

I will go ahead and reorder if it doesn't. If it does, I'll wait on my MW2 discount.[/QUOTE]
I had $10 from Dragon Age and $10 from DJ Hero that both applied to the 360 order. Total 179.99.

i dont think amazon should necessarily give the deal to those who just put it in their carts. the rest of us actually made an attempt to rectify the deal by contacting CS because we knew we were right. if you didn't want to deal with the hassle than you don't get the rewards.

Anyone know how much an older elite system (still working fine but sounding a lil funny) trades in for a gamestop? Also do you have to trade in the harddrive and/or controllers?

[quote name='drock']I had $10 from Dragon Age and $10 from DJ Hero that both applied to the 360 order. Total 179.99.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Moravagine']Yeah, the promotional credit from games definitely works on hardware. I used it on my order Saturday as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll wait a day and see what happens. Might as well use the $20 now.

[quote name='MannishBoy']Thanks. I'll wait a day and see what happens. Might as well use the $20 now.[/QUOTE]

Hah. Just got it. Ordered at $179. :cool:

[quote name='triforcer']i dont think amazon should necessarily give the deal to those who just put it in their carts. the rest of us actually made an attempt to rectify the deal by contacting CS because we knew we were right. if you didn't want to deal with the hassle than you don't get the rewards.[/QUOTE]

Ridiculous. No one is discounting your efforts, but you went above and beyond what should have been required for this to work. Taking that risk should not be a requirement for getting the deal. You took a leap of faith, went ahead and bought it when by the deal terms weren't getting the $100, but later got the discount. You assumed it would all work out, and it did, so good for you. However, why should anyone who read their deal terms, believed them and subsequently didn't buy it be punished? It should be extended to anyone who legitimately claimed the deal (i.e. had it in the cart) but couldn't actually purchase it with the discount showing. Those customers shouldn't be punished because they believed Amazon's terms.

[quote name='2&2']Ridiculous. No one is discounting your efforts, but you went above and beyond what should have been required for this to work. Taking that risk should not be a requirement for getting the deal. You took a leap of faith, went ahead and bought it when by the deal terms weren't getting the $100, but later got the discount. You assumed it would all work out, and it did, so good for you. However, why should anyone who read their deal terms, believed them and subsequently didn't buy it be punished? It should be extended to anyone who legitimately claimed the deal (i.e. had it in the cart) but couldn't actually purchase it with the discount showing. Those customers shouldn't be punished because they believed Amazon's terms.[/QUOTE]

I agree - but this is America... stupidity and bitching always prevail - it's the new American way! :p

[quote name='Zenol']

I can only guess you're mad because you can no longer lord it over us that we didn't get the deal. We rightfully complained about Amazon's initially horrible conduct and forced them to make good on the deal.

Yes, we won, live with it.[/QUOTE]

Hey jackass, read my posts. My gf had the same issue and got the email and ordered one today.

I'm not mad that you "won". I don't give a shit whether you got one or not. I am not "lording it over you."

My complaint was about how so many people get completely out of sorts when something doesn't go their way and start talking all sorts of shit about how awful walmart/bestbuy/amazon is. But when something good happens, they just feel they're entitled to it.

I find it highly amusing/sad when something goes wrong and everyone without half a brain is calling for a lawsuit or contacting the BBB. This is the type of society we live in. Self entitled and quick (to call) for litigation. Just a bunch of whiny bitches who've seen too many ambulance chasers on late night tv.

Some of the people on here were calm, shrugged their shoulders and decided to try the walmart deal. Now, they got their amazon deal and give amazon kudos. It turns out you can be an adult and have good things work out for you in the end. To those people, I say congrats.

Amazon stops at nothing practically to please customers. They are letting me re-download a bunch of music I accidentally deleted. It's cool that they are opening the deal back up to people who had problems. They never cease to amaze me. They're getting my vote for best online retailer that's for god damn sure.

Damn, didn't realize Amazon was matching the Walmart deal. Good thing my US console is only a backup console for playing region-locked games...

[quote name='confoosious']Hey jackass, read my posts. My gf had the same issue and got the email and ordered one today.

I'm not mad that you "won". I don't give a shit whether you got one or not. I am not "lording it over you."

My complaint was about how so many people get completely out of sorts when something doesn't go their way and start talking all sorts of shit about how awful walmart/bestbuy/amazon is. But when something good happens, they just feel they're entitled to it.

I find it highly amusing/sad when something goes wrong and everyone without half a brain is calling for a lawsuit or contacting the BBB. This is the type of society we live in. Self entitled and quick (to call) for litigation. Just a bunch of whiny bitches who've seen too many ambulance chasers on late night tv.

Some of the people on here were calm, shrugged their shoulders and decided to try the walmart deal. Now, they got their amazon deal and give amazon kudos. It turns out you can be an adult and have good things work out for you in the end. To those people, I say congrats.[/QUOTE]

You still don't get it. (shakes head). This had nothing to do with your delusions of an entitlement society. (Though I do finally get why you're posting these rants. You gave it away with the talk about "entitlement society". You're just another follower of right wing talk radio and are trying to spread the word. Good for you.)

If you lived in reality, you'd have long ago realized this was never, ever about simply missing out on the deal. We all miss out on deals all the time. If a retailer runs out of stock, oh well, we move on, we don't make 44 page threads. Clearly, the sheer number of angry posters (here and elsewhere) proves that this was not the situation you describe. It was not about whiners simply missing out on a deal.

This was only ever about Amazon up selling a FULL PRICE item to customers who had actually only agreed to purchase a HALF PRICE item. Amazon did this without warning or notice. It was highly unethical, unprecedented for Amazon (afaik) and perhaps even a violation of law.

What happened here was that a very reputable retailer did something very unethical. Probably by mistake, not design, nonetheless, it was bait and switch and people were absolutely right to take issue with it. By the way, you're completely and totally wrong when you say this wasn't bait and switch. I printed the dictionary definition of bait and switch earlier in the thread. (a post that you curiously ignored) This was Bait and Switch, and in many areas bait and switch is illegal.

Lastly, consider that the remedy in this case will likely cost Amazon hundreds of thousands of dollars, perhaps a million or more. Fixing this couldn't have been a simple decision on Amazon's part, I suspect it went way up the executive ladder. $100 multiplied by every person who lost out on this deal is a big, Very Expensive fix. Amazon fixed it because they knew they were very much in the wrong.

Amazon is clearly acknowledging that they made a big mistake. Why won't you?

Oh, now I remember. Because expecting companies not to act unethically (or illegally) means we're all whiners in your mythical "entitlement society". :roll:

[quote name='Zenol']Lastly, consider that the remedy in this case will likely cost Amazon hundreds of thousands of dollars, perhaps a million or more. Fixing this couldn't have been a simple decision on Amazon's part, I suspect it went way up the executive ladder. $100 multiplied by every person who lost out on this deal is a big, Very Expensive fix. Amazon fixed it because they knew they were very much in the wrong.[/QUOTE]

If they didn't allow more people to claim the deal in their cart than originally allotted they may not losing more than they would have if the deal actually worked as anticipated. They're not extending this offer to just anyone as far as we know(?). They could possbily be losing less money on the screw up due to people not completing the purchase. How are they deciding who to extend the offer to?

You know what Amazon, you pissed off alot of people with bait-n-switch and then came through in the end, and I fucking love you for that.

Just ordered one after I saw the Email this morning. Although I wish I had waited a few more hours so I could have applied the $20 Credit toward it, didn't even know game credit applied to consoles.

[quote name='2&2']If they didn't allow more people to claim the deal in their cart than originally allotted they may not losing more than they would have if the deal actually worked as anticipated. They're not extending this offer to just anyone as far as we know. They could possbily be losing less money on the screw up due to people not completing the purchase.[/QUOTE]
Except that Amazon made it so damn difficult to tell if you'd gotten the deal or not, I suspect only a small minority didn't check out. The key indicator was a 1 cent price difference. Sure, regular top notch deal hawks realized they hadn't gotten the deal, but that's not the average Amazon customer.

I suspect a great many of those who checked out never ever realized they were in any doubt of not getting their discount. Though they'd have been mad as hell in a week or two when the gift code didn't arrive.

FWIW I emailed and they told me they wouldn't honor the laptop deal despite the same crap going on (I got the "We sold out of our alloted stock, should've acted faster" bulk response, despite the fact I had the deal in my cart and it tried to check me out at the full MSRP). Of course that's just 1 random CSR, maybe they're going over these on a case by case basis.

@Zenol said: "You gave it away with the talk about "entitlement society". You're just another follower of right wing talk radio and are trying to spread the word."

Leading off with such a generalized accusation as such doesn't add much credibility to your argument. Basically, you are leading off by saying, "I am an extremely left-biased person, and I have absolutely no problem with knowing that someday it may be illegal to eat meat because some crafty trial lawyer won a case and set a legal precedent."

I'm not defending @confoosious's angry outburst; his argument was no more effective than yours, all I am saying is he does have a point, and while it may not have been applicable in this particular instance (I don't have the time to dig through 44 pages of posts to find out for myself), are you telling me that you have never seen people get bent out of shape over missing a deal and slamming the company, threatening with BBB, etc? Wouldn't that be classified as an "entitlement attitude," if you didn't meet the qualifications for a deal, and after the fact use the aforementioned tactics to try and get the deal?

The US legal system is headed down a slippery slope, and if it continues as it has in the past, many of the freedoms we enjoy today will be eroded. Every day, individual greed leads people to litigation, and every day, we lose freedoms that we had yesterday, whether we know it or not. If you still don't agree with me, be careful not to bump into someone in public because if they want it bad enough they can fake a fall, fake pain and hire a trial lawyer, but when the gavel smacks and you owe that person $100,000 for pain and suffering, maybe you will realize that you were the one being ignorant.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back