Buy any Qualifying Guitar/Band/DJ Hero Bundles, Get $40 Credit at Amazon

Virsago

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]10309[/IMG-R]Get a $40 credit when you buy any of the qualifying Guitar/Band/DJ Hero bundles at Amazon. Additionally, use coupon code BUY80G20 to knock $20 off the Guitar Hero 5 Guitar bundles or DJHERO10 to take $10 off the DJ Hero bundles. Make sure you order from Amazon and not a 3rd party merchant.

This offer ends 11/27, but the BUY80G20 code expires on 11/21 at 11:59 PST.

iconamazon.gif
DJ Hero (360/PS3/Wii/PS2)
iconamazon.gif
Guitar Hero 5 (360/PS3/Wii/PS2)
iconamazon.gif
Band Hero (360/PS3/Wii/PS2)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thing (for me) this doesn't include the Renegade Edition, otherwise I would get moderately annoyed at having just bought it for $30 off direct from the GHStore.

The 80/20 is stacking with the 360 version of GH5 - I imagine the others would too if they were available...

Could be a great deal..and for some reason I was able to restart a prime trial...perfect timing for the holidays I suppose...

Back to the deal. With the 80/20 off, prime trial, $10 mario coupon, tekken 5.00 gift card - its down to 64.00 plus I get a 40.00 promo code from Amazon? Stop doing this to me Amazon. I dont have the money for this. :) - not to mention Id just trade in the game since I already have it - just really wanting another GH5 controller - so for around 10 bucks (ish - depending on what promo Id use to trade in GH5 @ gamestop or cragslist - and I am def. going to use the 40 for some sort of gift) I can get a GH5 guitar? Awfully tempting...

EDIT: For some reason there is another 10.00 off promo with DJ Hero that I'm not aware of having...bringing it down to 95 with a 40.00 promo code. Weird.

[quote name='rmb']ps3 stacks as well[/QUOTE]

I dont see the 80/20 deal on their site anymore? Is it supposed to be dead?

EDIT: Ends today. Interesting that they overlapped (and they stack) these 2 deals..

[quote name='Ski Hawk']Anyone want to elaborate on this stacking?[/QUOTE]

stick the code "BUY80G20" in the coupon box at the final check out page, it will take $20 off the total immeidately....and it says at the top you'll get the $40 credit 2 days after it ships

ordered dj hero a week ago, hoping amazon will give me the promotion after emailing them. instead of having to order another one and return my still sealed copy. it'll be much easier if they just give me the promo and not have to waste anyone at amazon's time besides CS.

been getting too many games from amazon. this deal is hot! especially if you got codes to use up from previous deals.

[quote name='guicao']BUY80G20 do not work !!![/QUOTE]
it works on gh5. I tried it on dj hero ps3 and it doesn't work. I assume that wasn't part of the select games list for the b80g20 deal. You should also get a $5 promo credit for video on demand. I was going to wait for the inevitable clearance on the gh5 but bought it now with this promo.

Any feedback on the improvements in and overall quality of the GH5 controller (360 in particular) over the GHWT and Les Paul controllers?

Are people pretty confident they'll get the $40 credit e-mail if they use the $20 off $80 promo code? I just ask because the fine print says:
"Some promotional offers may not be combined with other offers in the same order. Generally, only one promotional claim code may be used per order."

UPDATE: the review/submit order page states at the top that you've qualified for the $40 code, and I received mine almost immediately (edit: I only received the VoD code).

I don't know if this still works but don't forget about DJHERO10 to get $10 off of DJ Hero. I would bit but I'm broke... :cry: I give permission to anyone that wants to get me a copy, it's okay.

I couldn't resist the GH5 bundle at this deal for the 360. My checkout seemed fine for the $20 off and the promise for the $40 credit code later. Amazon is usually pretty good for it, if the deal is a numbers thing and the numbers actually make on on the final checkout screen (which I always print screen on deals like this).

I bought GH5 for the PS3 using the $20 off code and received the $40 promo code in an email about 5 min. later.

[quote name='Sofa King Cheap']Any improvements from the GH Aerosmith controller than the one that comes with GH5?[/QUOTE]

I asked about CAGs' experience with this new controller, but as far as what Activision says about it vs. GHWT, I found this quote:

“The Guitar Hero World Tour guitar slider was sending analog values. The Guitar Hero 5 guitar controller’s slider is digital, reducing the chance for error and latency. On the surface of the slider we added slight reliefs (like the one on the yellow fret button) to the middle slider fret and the top and bottom slider frets. This way you can feel exactly where your fingers are. There are also colored dots on the neck of the guitar controller near the slider that correspond to the colors of the frets. This allows you to quickly look down and see where your fingers should be (if the reliefs aren’t enough for you). All of these changes to the slider allow you to hit the tapping sections with better precision – we also removed the purple rope in the tapping/slide sections of game play by the way :). For those who are musically inclined, GHStudio’s all new expressive guitar controller capabilities is where the slider will really shine.”

I think the Aerosmith guitar was the Les Paul, so you'd have to look up the "improvements" of the GHWT guitar over that (IIRC the GHWT guitar added slider frets but got very mixed quality reviews).

i really want to get on this for GH5...however, I really don't need to spend more money, I have boughten pretty much every new release in the last 3 months, plus tons of BDs and DVDs...I have to stop telling myself that the 100-30 (10 credit) = 70, and NOT 30, because even though I will be getting 40 credit, I still have to front up that 70.

Nice find though guys, for whoever is interested in more plastic.

DJHERO10 does work as an fyi to everyone, couldnt pull the trigger even at $100 shipped (have a mario $10 credit) for it and a 40 dollar gift card though. I'm thinking we'll see 60-70 dollars straight soon enough anyway, and for me it'll be better when the things slow down a bit, already have more to play than I could really afford in terms of both money and time.

I just tried using the BUY80G20 code for the GH5 PS3 bundle, and I get an error saying "Code cannot be applied to this order" or something along those lines.

I do not know if it's because the BUY80G20 expired (but it doesn't say that), if there is a conflict using the code because I have Amazon credit in my account (doubtful), or if Amazon has already corrected the stack.

Anyone else want to try to see if it still works? Because it isn't on my end.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I just tried using the BUY80G20 code for the GH5 PS3 bundle, and I get an error saying "Code cannot be applied to this order" or something along those lines.[/QUOTE]

Didn't try with PS3, but in the Duhh department, don't do what I first did and forget to click the "Apply" button next to where you enter the promo code...

On a separate note: Amazon really needs to add platform information to the item descriptions. Once you reach review/submit page, it just says "Guitar Hero 5 Guitar Bundle" (it's not a link back to the SKU) so there's no way to confirm if you selected the right platform (360? PS3? Wii? PS2?). I think this is true for all their multi-platform titles.

[quote name='gantt']Didn't try with PS3, but in the Duhh department, don't do what I first did and forget to click the "Apply" button next to where you enter the promo code...[/QUOTE]

Haha...no man, I didn't...I hit apply. ;)

On a side note, DJHERO10 doesn't work either. It must be conflicting then with the credit I have in my account. If someone could verify if either PS3 bundles are still stacking that would be really helpful! :)

Update:

I'm a moron. I already used BUY80G20 deal for Fallout 3 GOTY & SWFU: Ultimate Sith Ed. I just totally forgot about the deal being limited to 1 per household...hence the code doesn't work anymore for me. I just tried ordering Ghostbusters and Brutal Legends to verify...and that appears to be the case.

As for DJHERO10 not working...that I have no idea. Oh well...not really interested in that game anyways. Hope tomorrow's BF deal is for a single game...like Dragon Age. :)

Got in on the PS3 guitar hero with the $20 stack. Great deal. I used the free shipping - hopefully it ships before BF so I get that $40 credit by then.

Items: $119.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$10.00
Promotion Applied: -$40.00
Promotion Applied: -$0.00
Reward Applied: -$0.00

Total Before Tax: $69.99
Estimated Tax: $0.00

Order Total: $69.99
Amazon Prime Shipping has been applied to the eligible items in your order.

The $20 code still works for Guitar hero 5 for ps3 and it shows the $40 promotion as well. Too bad I haven't gotten my trade in credit yet. So off to Wallyworld for me.

[quote name='liberaltugboat']this is pretty tempting
I am going to wait though until I can get it for 80 out the door[/QUOTE]

If there's any chance you're referencing GH5 guitar bundles, buy.com is selling them for 69.99 with free shipping and no tax for many. For me the Amazon deal is better since I use Amazon credit all the time. But, for anyone that just wants it cheaper...

Was hoping for DJ hero to have been eligible, but I never saw the list.

Got GH5. This early BF shopping is going to be so interesting.

Great deal...picked up DJ Hero for $60, plus the $40 credit back. About as good as I'm gonna get on BF if this is gonna go on a sale.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Great deal...picked up DJ Hero for $60, plus the $40 credit back. About as good as I'm gonna get on BF if this is gonna go on a sale.[/QUOTE]

How did you get it down to $60?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Great deal...picked up DJ Hero for $60, plus the $40 credit back. About as good as I'm gonna get on BF if this is gonna go on a sale.[/QUOTE]

Since DJ Hero is $120 or $100 depending on which system, there is part of the story you aren't telling us.

I recently got the Xbox 360 Arcade console lightning deal on Amazon with the $100 promo code so I stacked it with the DJHERO10 code and free shipping and got the DJ Hero bundle for $9.99 !!!! Thanks for the heads up guys !!!

I would jump on the GH5 bundle but Amazon still owes me another $10 credit for my NSMBW or AC2 preorder.

Getting the bundle for $59 then RE: Darkside Chronicles for $6 would be very sweet.

[quote name='crewj']Items: $119.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$10.00
Promotion Applied: -$40.00
Reward Applied: -$0.00

Total Before Tax: $69.99
Estimated Tax: $0.00

Order Total: $69.99
Amazon Prime Shipping has been applied to the eligible items in your order.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand. What's the additional $40 that was taken off?
I have $10 Mario..but what's the other $40?!

Probably $40 cashback from other stuff. People should really indicate where it's from so it should kill any confusion and prevent other people from asking "WHY?"

It's probably the $40 from the buy $80 worth of video games from the long list they had a couple weeks ago. I used that along with $10 from L4D2 and Mario to get mine to $60.

I've been wanting GH5 for a while and had a $10 credit for L4D2, so I put the bundle in my cart and tried the code for $20 off $80, which worked while still giving me a message promising me the $40 credit after it ships.

I also had about $60 in Amazon credit for trades, I don't get charged tax from Amazon and I'm a Prime member, so my final total was about $10.50 in cash, less than $30 total once I factor in the $40 back I'll be getting.

Works for me.

Thanks, everyone, for the tips. I was tempted before I even considered trying the $20-off-$80 code. Can't believe it worked. Sweet deal for sure.

:cold:[quote name='lilboo']I don't understand. What's the additional $40 that was taken off?
I have $10 Mario..but what's the other $40?![/QUOTE]

yea... it's from the $40 off $80 a few weeks back.

bread's done
Back