Buy Bio-shock Early before they get wise !!!! or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakehoss

CAGiversary!
So i was reading posts on kotaku http://kotaku.com/gaming/tru-breaks-street-date/lucky-bastards-get-bioshock-early-289530.php and there was a post about some toys 'r' us stores selling bioshock early. So i swung on by the store thats about 5 minutes away from my office during my lunch break weilding my 20% off coupon, walked up to the clueless very nice and very helpful old lady behind the video game counter and asked her "do you have any copies of the new game bioshock that just came out ?" She replied with a smile and a Yes and proceeded to tell me she couldnt believe how many people had come in today looking for it. I assured her that this was due to the lack of good summer games out and paid for my prerelease copy and left grinning. What negative reprocussions do you think stores selling games early can have on gamers ? do cags think gamers get off free and only stores pay the price in perhaps threats from developers who say theyll not sell in said store because of these obviously not isolated incidents ? All i know is im going to be playing bioshock tonight and loving it.. but at what cost ?

aahhhhh jealousy... ill take off the picture but i wasnt wearing makeup..... dicks . now go off and do something besides play bioshock. because you cant.

[quote name='Maynard']Shave your muttenchops hippy.[/quote]

Also I'd recommend he wear less eye-liner, but that's more of a personal preference thing.

Wish someone would sell me BioShock...:cry:

should've bought Madden DS to exploit the glitch to get 50% off Bioshock, sold Madden at a small loss.

COMPLETE AND UTTER FAIL. AND SHAVE YOUR EYEBROWS. AND TAKE THIS POST VERY VERY SERIOUSLY. because I got turned down at my TRU :(

Now you've learned a valuable lesson OP.

Never post a picture of yourself on the internet.

Alternatively, quit wearing makeup.

[quote name='whoknows']Now you've learned a valuable lesson OP.

Never post a picture of yourself on the internet.

Alternatively, quit wearing makeup.[/QUOTE]

wuss up whoknows

[quote name='jakehoss']So i was reading posts on kotaku http://kotaku.com/gaming/tru-breaks-street-date/lucky-bastards-get-bioshock-early-289530.php and there was a post about some toys 'r' us stores selling bioshock early. So i swung on by the store thats about 5 minutes away from my office during my lunch break weilding my 20% off coupon, walked up to the clueless very nice and very helpful old lady behind the video game counter and asked her "do you have any copies of the new game bioshock that just came out ?" She replied with a smile and a Yes and proceeded to tell me she couldnt believe how many people had come in today looking for it. I assured her that this was due to the lack of good summer games out and paid for my prerelease copy and left grinning.
Photo29.jpg
What negative reprocussions do you think stores selling games early can have on gamers ? do cags think gamers get off free and only stores pay the price in perhaps threats from developers who say theyll not sell in said store because of these obviously not isolated incidents ? All i know is im going to be playing bioshock tonight and loving it.. but at what cost ?[/QUOTE]

THankZ OP but ur dumb looks like it has brown stuff on it and what the hell is in the backround

[quote name='starmask2k3']THankZ OP but ur dumb looks like to has brown stuff on it and what the hell is in the backward[/quote]

what the hell did you just say?

[quote name='starmask2k3']THankZ OP but ur dumb looks like it has brown stuff on it and what the hell is in the backround[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

Oh man, that got a good one out of me.

i kind of waiting to pick it up for around $40. i just bought dead rising and i don't like buying two games at the same time.

[quote name='triforcer']i kind of waiting to pick it up for around $40. i just bought dead rising and i don't like buying two games at the same time.[/QUOTE]
The 20% coupon at TRU makes it $48. I don't know if you're willing to pay the extra $8, just throwing that out there.

yea i thought about it, but i shouldn't really be buying too much stuff. if only i talked to my friend before he bought madden...

[quote name='starmask2k3']THankZ OP but ur dumb looks like it has brown stuff on it and what the hell is in the backround[/quote]

I love how posting your picture on CAG = Flamefest

Welcome CAG newbie, you have a lot to learn :)

[quote name='bigdsinferno']you know there's an option to automatically flip your pictures?[/QUOTE] ya i was excited. and couldnt be bothered with these options that may in fact make it easier to view the picture that im trying to show people... im a dork.. sorry.

I dare anyone who insulted the OP to post a pic of themselves. $10 says you're all fugglier than the OP.

[quote name='starmask2k3']THankZ OP but ur dumb looks like it has brown stuff on it and what the hell is in the backround[/QUOTE]

What the fuck are you trying to say? And stop with the subbing S's with Z's. You're grammar is already atrocious without you intentionally screwing it up.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']I dare anyone who insulted the OP to post a pic of themselves. $10 says you're all fugglier than the OP.

What the fuck are you trying to say? And stop with the subbing S's with Z's. You're grammar is already atrocious without you intentionally screwing it up.[/QUOTE]

Lol. Thanks for the back up never. 15 minutes left of work then im off to drink beer and fuck up some big daddies. woot. :beer:

Yeah I didn't know that if you post your pic then you'd get flamed...

Congrats OP. And good luck to all the other CAGs looking for one.

Yeah for some reason gamers are cocky fucks and love to make fun of other peoples looks to make themselves feel better. I posted out of pure sarcasim and hilarity at your bushy sideburns. No harm though :)

In terms of pictures of people and them being fuglier, i would love to see some of the CAG community to put a face to the name.

[quote name='Maynard']
In terms of pictures of people and them being fuglier, i would love to see some of the CAG community to put a face to the name.[/quote]

This should happen.

I bought Bioschock today with the Madden deal fully intending to play Bioshock, sell the Madden and sell my other Bioshock that I have coming from yourfree360games.com. So I would make a profit and get to play Bioshock early. Until I checked ebay. These early games are going for ridiculous amounts.

Including shipping I sold my Bioshock for $150. How is playing a game 5 days early worth and extra $90 for the game? I really want to play this game, but I can't pass up fleecing rich people.

[quote name='Sulik2']I bought Bioschock today with the Madden deal fully intending to play Bioshock, sell the Madden and sell my other Bioshock that I have coming from yourfree360games.com. So I would make a profit and get to play Bioshock early. Until I checked ebay. These early games are going for ridiculous amounts.

Including shipping I sold my Bioshock for $150. How is playing a game 5 days early worth and extra $90 for the game? I really want to play this game, but I can't pass up fleecing rich people.[/quote]

What TRU did you get it at? MI CAGS unite!

[quote name='Kendal']What TRU did you get it at? MI CAGS unite![/QUOTE]

The one in Westland. I called back after mine sold and they said they were out though. Or maybe someone told them to quit breaking street date. Not sure which.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']What the fuck are you trying to say? And stop with the subbing S's with Z's. You're grammar is already atrocious without you intentionally screwing it up.[/quote]

The guy can't even type and use grammar correctly, you think he's going to be able to manually keep track of win-loss records for 32 teams in the Madden League?

I'm all for CAG leagues, but when I saw the OP's (and thus person running it) grammar, I thought to myself..."this won't end well."

[quote name='-Never4ever-']I dare anyone who insulted the OP to post a pic of themselves. $10 says you're all fugglier than the OP.

What the fuck are you trying to say? And stop with the subbing S's with Z's. You're grammar is already atrocious without you intentionally screwing it up.[/quote]

You're?

[quote name='Sulik2']Including shipping I sold my Bioshock for $150. [/quote]
Usually I would flame someone for making a profit like this, but this time I'm going to give a Borat "High-a Five-a". Amen brother, take 'em to the cleaners. I did this same thing with MGS3:Subsitence LE - bought it for $40 and EBayed it for $170.

[quote name='ReturnofBoltz']The guy can't even type and use grammar correctly, you think he's going to be able to manually keep track of win-loss records for 32 teams in the Madden League?

I'm all for CAG leagues, but when I saw the OP's (and thus person running it) grammar, I thought to myself..."this won't end well."[/quote]
haha

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Usually I would flame someone for making a profit like this, but this time I'm going to give a Borat "High-a Five-a". Amen brother, take 'em to the cleaners. I did this same thing with MGS3:Subsitence LE - bought it for $40 and EBayed it for $170.[/quote]jeez some people have too much money. i wonder if they ever get buyer's remorse when a week later everyone is playing it.

This post aggravates me!!!!!!!

oh and CE is only gamestop/EB for whoever asked. This just means TRU will be getting even less games than before at least anything big once the lawsuit goes through, I mean this is worse than the CC Final Fantasy XII fiasco. 1 Week dammit, you dicks cant wait 1 Week!

Oh well I want my Big daddy anyway, oh yes I do.l

Tekken 5 DR online quote of the day

"Sandman you fuck!!!! you beat my WANG!!!!":applause:

I called my TRU yesterday. This is how it went. "Good evening, do you by any chance have Biosho..." NO, we don't have that yet!" Ugh.. at least I tired. :D

The TRU I work at sold old before they even knew it shouldnt have even been on the shelves.

And to those who care. TRU's policy is that if the boxes dont come with a sign/sticker/whatever telling them they have to wait to sell it, they can put it on the shelves. The boxes BioShock came in, didnt have a shelf date, so most TRU's put them out for sale. Its not actually Toys R Us fault that this happened.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']You can give up now. This was posted on the case at a local TRU:

*TRU fuckup email warning pic*
[/quote]Should be interesting to see if anyone hits TRU with fines for breaking street date early.

[quote name='life.exe']The TRU I work at sold old before they even knew it shouldnt have even been on the shelves.

And to those who care. TRU's policy is that if the boxes dont come with a sign/sticker/whatever telling them they have to wait to sell it, they can put it on the shelves. The boxes BioShock came in, didnt have a shelf date, so most TRU's put them out for sale. Its not actually Toys R Us fault that this happened.[/quote]The "DO NOT SELL BEFORE 08/21/07" on the orange sticker on the case, under the shrinkwrap, that must've been invisible.

[quote name='shrike4242']Should be interesting to see if anyone hits TRU with fines for breaking street date early.

The "DO NOT SELL BEFORE 08/21/07" on the orange sticker on the case, under the shrinkwrap, that must've been invisible.[/QUOTE]

Where'd you hear that? Do you work at TRU? I'm just wondering.

From what I've read, most people have said that have gotten early copies didn't mention anything about Do not sell stickers.

And from all the photos I've seen from various users, there's been no sign of a sticker.

[quote name='shrike4242']

The "DO NOT SELL BEFORE 08/21/07" on the orange sticker on the case, under the shrinkwrap, that must've been invisible.[/quote]
There were no stickers. So yes, they were invisible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back