Buy or Sell inFamous - $35, and MORE @ Gamestaq

It says Shipped. but then again, it may be USPS.

USPS tracking still says:
Class: First-Class Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on November 3, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

----it's been like that since tuesday morning

[quote name='Hiro_904']It says Shipped. but then again, it may be USPS.

USPS tracking still says:
Class: First-Class Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on November 3, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

----it's been like that since tuesday morning[/QUOTE]

That generaly means the label has been printed but not recived by the USPS or that they got them but havent processed them yet. If its been since last tues Im going to assume they are even picked up yet. So yeah...

Id give this guy a try if he ever got Way Of the Samuri in his system.

[quote name='DesertLeo']I'm seriously not trying to sound like a dick, but why not get the 360 version in the first place? or was it a gift?[/QUOTE]
Because I wanted the Joker maps which turned out to be a let down.

It's been 2 weeks and still no update on my order. I've been charged two weeks ago and still has not been shipped out.. I should have just bought RE5 from Blockbuster closing sales >_

dunno if this has been discussed, but when I go to sell some games I get 'The webpage cannot be found' - off the top of my head Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 for 360 and Mortal Combat vs. DC Uni. :(

Yeah, I don't know what's going on .... if I got insurance on the game and I don't get paid, can I file a claim with the usps?

Probably want to avoid this site until things are cleared up ...

Hey Guys - sorry i havent been around.
Been putting out alot of small fires around here recently.

One main one is USPS.
The issue is that we have games coming in from sellers which are designated to shipped out buyers who placed their orders. But instead of receiving the game from the seller in a day or 2, its taking more like 7-10. That is whats causing all the delays, etc.
So we are working on changing the shipping method that the sellers will use.
it will still be USPS, but it will be more of a direct label than a Merchandise Return label.
That's coming shortly.

Then we had a couple low level employee issues we had to take care of, and replace.
Typical startup issues which we are on top of and ironing out.

Starting Sunday i hope to be able to be on the boards more and answer any questions/concerns you guys may have.

Again i apologize for any inconveniences caused over the last couple weeks, and we're excited to make it up to everyone soon.

[quote name='confoosious']Are you guys gonna switch to 1st class mail with delivery confirmation?

That would be awesome.[/QUOTE]

Yes - that is the plan.

[quote name='ploppsdman']Yeah, I don't know what's going on .... if I got insurance on the game and I don't get paid, can I file a claim with the usps?

Probably want to avoid this site until things are cleared up ...[/QUOTE]

I received payment today .. thank you.

Is my order ever going to be shipped out? lol.. it's been over two weeks and you guys have charged my card and everything. Order #100000382

[quote name='Hiro_904']Is my order ever going to be shipped out? lol.. it's been over two weeks and you guys have charged my card and everything. Order #100000382[/QUOTE]

Wow. that's poor. 2 weeks is unacceptable.

You guys can't list and sell things with the expectation that someone else is "trading" it in. You gotta have at least 1 in stock.

I ordered 2 games at once from them. Don't remember the first game this second, but I'm still waiting on Metal Gear 4. Starting to get slightly concerned about it. If it doesn't show up by mid-week, I'll complain.

I find that sometimes when I send games in, it takes forever to be processed (and I live relatively close to MA). Are you guys getting it late from the post office or internal issues?

I've ordered a few other games, and had no problem. But this last order placed about 1 1/2 weeks ago is still processing. Flooty333, PM me if you can I tried sending messages from the website but haven't received a response.

All my previous orders have gone really smoothly. I'm starting to worry about this site. It's a great place to sell my old games. (Well, new games that I buy and lose interest in quickly because of ADD.)

[quote name='Lazarus43']I've ordered a few other games, and had no problem. But this last order placed about 1 1/2 weeks ago is still processing. Flooty333, PM me if you can I tried sending messages from the website but haven't received a response.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='philliesfan']All my previous orders have gone really smoothly. I'm starting to worry about this site. It's a great place to sell my old games. (Well, new games that I buy and lose interest in quickly because of ADD.)[/QUOTE]

Lazarus, PM me your order # and ill PM you back with an update.

PhilliesFan - we're still here alive and well, ironing out some internal issues... but we're still here.

Gotta love excuses. Obviously Flooty is a CAG and familiar around these parts, but what other company would give excuses like that. After the trouble I had with them I'm always curious to see how it's going, and it sounds like they are becoming more and more unreliable. Even at that, he has never had a post that wasn't in a GameStaq thread, so he's obviously using this thread as advertising.

Hey flooty, I sold some Bigs 2 for the ps3 today and it never prompted me for the shipping label to send them in. Here is my order number. 300000874

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='converse']Gotta love excuses. Obviously Flooty is a CAG and familiar around these parts, but what other company would give excuses like that. After the trouble I had with them I'm always curious to see how it's going, and it sounds like they are becoming more and more unreliable. Even at that, he has never had a post that wasn't in a GameStaq thread, so he's obviously using this thread as advertising.[/QUOTE]

Hey - of course we hate to have to give excuses for poor performance. Everybody does, whether on a personal level or a business level. But crap happens, especially in a startup.
We take full responsibility for our screw ups, or even for the screw ups of others that effect us.

[quote name='converse']Gotta love excuses. Obviously Flooty is a CAG and familiar around these parts, but what other company would give excuses like that. After the trouble I had with them I'm always curious to see how it's going, and it sounds like they are becoming more and more unreliable. Even at that, he has never had a post that wasn't in a GameStaq thread, so he's obviously using this thread as advertising.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, flooty's pretty diligent about at least trying to respond to issues here at CAG.

And seems like flooty's up against a catch 22 of sorts.
If he responds in this thread, offering help and info to CAGers, he's accused of advertising.
If he doesn't respond, gamestaq is accused of being incompetent and evasive.

So far, I've only had positive experiences with gamestaq, so thumbs up from me.

I don't have my order yet, and today is officially 3 weeks since i've placed my order! Let's see if I get it in the mail today..

Edit: YES!! Finally received it! ...after 3 weeks lol

It would be pretty sick if they would put Assassin's Creed 2 up to sell to them. I bought the game and beat it in like 2 days and it is just waiting to be sold to gamestaq... if it ever gets put up.

Finally got MGS4. Given the money saved, it was worth the wait. First game came quickly though, so I'm giving them a mixed review. Proceed, but be prepared to wait. They'll get better.

Hey Flooty, I was never prompted for the shipping label to send some games in. I still haven't heard back from them on here or from the website. I received payment today. Here is my order number. 300000874

This is my USPS status:

Class: First-Class Mail International
Service(s): International Letter

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on November 10, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Does that mean it hasn't been shipped yet? The status has been the same for 15 days.

[quote name='Gombay']This is my USPS status:

Does that mean it hasn't been shipped yet? The status has been the same for 15 days.[/QUOTE]

I think so mine has been like this for a week, I sent an email asking if this was a system glitch and the status is not updating or if it has not been sent out yet. I heard nothing so I sent an email on Tuesday asking my order to be canceled and to get a refund. I have not heard a reply from this email either.

I just put an order in with you guys for infamous, so we'll see how that goes.

As far as you two guys with the USPS questions, don't count on that site (USPS.com) to track your packages....ever. I've been buying mail order for almost ten years now and as long as they've had that package tracking up it's never been reliable, this isn't UPS ya know.

I've had that exact same thing show up when I tracked packages, only for them to show up and it still say that, their system almost never updates or shows current info and I've had stuff shipped priority mail, first class delivery, confirmation, everything.

Just have patience and if it doesn't show up after a two week period then be concerned and start contacting people.

[quote name='Thorgouge']It would be pretty sick if they would put Assassin's Creed 2 up to sell to them. I bought the game and beat it in like 2 days and it is just waiting to be sold to gamestaq... if it ever gets put up.[/QUOTE]
And I'm pretty sure I'll be the one to buy it lol. I camp on this site waiting for games that I can buy. Me and my bro has bought a few games from there already. I'm also waiting for Dragon Age to be up there and also MW2 to finally come in stock.

[quote name='uncle5555']
As far as you two guys with the USPS questions, don't count on that site (USPS.com) to track your packages....ever. I've been buying mail order for almost ten years now and as long as they've had that package tracking up it's never been reliable, this isn't UPS ya know.
[/QUOTE]

seconded, i ordered some items off another site earlier and was given a tracking number that never showed up online, waited a week and thought i was scammed by the seller and the next day the item shows up on my front doorstep -- tl;dr, NEVER trust USPS's tracking system

[quote name='Gombay']Well, it's been nearly 3 weeks for me, so I guess I'll be sending an email.[/QUOTE]

if its 3 weeks I highly doubt its a USPS site issue it probably has not even been shipped. Let us know how you make out

I'm never going to be able to sell my ps3 Batman and get the 360 batman at this rate. the sell box still has not unlocked.

All I want to do is a straight trade.

[quote name='bobnaj']I think manuals should be mandatory. I may rarely, if ever reference them but its kind of a part of the package imo. I know all the games i have ever bought and or traded in have had manuals. Its pretty hard to actually lose a manual. I don't think its too much to ask that it be included.[/QUOTE]

Flip side of the coin.

I have a game that I can sell for a good deal, and someone would willingly pay for it, except I don't have the manual. Basically you have a hypothetical situation where I don't have the manual, and someone out there doesn't care and just wants a good deal on the game (I would definitely still bite on some of these deals, even without the manual).

Basically what it comes down to, is the site owners are going to have to figure out a way to easily integrate something where as people who try to trade games in without manuals won't be turned away, but at the same give people a reason "To" include the manual.

Just to toss an idea out there, Give 3-5% less on the trade-in price for no manual. It encourages people to include it, but f you don't, your still getting 95% of the trade-in value. On the buy side, automatically offer only games with manuals, but program it into your system so that if copies w/manuals are in the system, offer it as an option, for 2-4% less.

The idea is, hide all the complicated stuff behind the scenes, don't penalize people for not having the manual (most of us buyers don't care TOO much about the manual) but encourage people to include the manual anyway for the times when people do care about the manual.

[quote name='blazin_it_alwyz']Flip side of the coin.

I have a game that I can sell for a good deal, and someone would willingly pay for it, except I don't have the manual. Basically you have a hypothetical situation where I don't have the manual, and someone out there doesn't care and just wants a good deal on the game (I would definitely still bite on some of these deals, even without the manual).

Basically what it comes down to, is the site owners are going to have to figure out a way to easily integrate something where as people who try to trade games in without manuals won't be turned away, but at the same give people a reason "To" include the manual.

Just to toss an idea out there, Give 3-5% less on the trade-in price for no manual. It encourages people to include it, but f you don't, your still getting 95% of the trade-in value. On the buy side, automatically offer only games with manuals, but program it into your system so that if copies w/manuals are in the system, offer it as an option, for 2-4% less.

The idea is, hide all the complicated stuff behind the scenes, don't penalize people for not having the manual (most of us buyers don't care TOO much about the manual) but encourage people to include the manual anyway for the times when people do care about the manual.[/QUOTE] Speak for yourself, I want my case and manual. But I like the idea, Have an option to check if you have a manual. If not, you get docked a few dollars.

[quote name='e Skrilla']Speak for yourself, I want my case and manual. But I like the idea, Have an option to check if you have a manual. If not, you get docked a few dollars.[/QUOTE]

If you buy used, that's the chance you're willing to take, incomplete. Savings =/= Mint Condition. If you think otherwise you're either naive or just overly anal retentive about having complete items.

I've been buying used for over 15 years, and not once have I complained (well maybe once, sniff CV:SOTN) about missing manuals, however I'd rather get my game for $15 bones with missing manual, then rather pay $5-10 more to get it complete.

If it means that much to ya so be, it, but I'd say with the over 500+ games I own, I can tell you that over 75% of them that are complete, I've never looked at the manual, not even one time.

[quote name='uncle5555']If you buy used, that's the chance you're willing to take, incomplete. Savings =/= Mint Condition. If you think otherwise you're either naive or just overly anal retentive about having complete items.

I've been buying used for over 15 years, and not once have I complained (well maybe once, sniff CV:SOTN) about missing manuals, however I'd rather get my game for $15 bones with missing manual, then rather pay $5-10 more to get it complete.

If it means that much to ya so be, it, but I'd say with the over 500+ games I own, I can tell you that over 75% of them that are complete, I've never looked at the manual, not even one time.[/QUOTE]
I like having the complete product but if it will save me 10-15 bucks I'll take the savings every time.

[quote name='e Skrilla']Speak for yourself, I want my case and manual.[/QUOTE]

Your reply makes no sense: I just explained in detail how the process could be setup to accommodate both people who care, and people who don't care.

If you want the case and manual, get it! If you don't want case and manual, then don't get it. Offering 5% more for the manual ensures that people aren't going to try to sell it separately on eBay. Your scenario on the other hand involves banning games without manuals for no other reason other than you wouldn't prefer it, which is akin to wanting a store to ban large t-shirts because you wear a medium; it doesn't affect you, so what is the issue?

The way I explained it would be setup, people who trade games without manuals would affect you in no way, it just benefits people who don't care about the manual, both on the sell side and the buy side. The trick is, to offer a different percentage, one that wouldn't penalize people who don't have the manual, but at the same time encourage that it's included.

bread's done
Back