Buy or Sell inFamous - $35, and MORE @ Gamestaq

[quote name='uncle5555']If you buy used, that's the chance you're willing to take, incomplete. Savings =/= Mint Condition. If you think otherwise you're either naive or just overly anal retentive about having complete items.

I've been buying used for over 15 years, and not once have I complained (well maybe once, sniff CV:SOTN) about missing manuals, however I'd rather get my game for $15 bones with missing manual, then rather pay $5-10 more to get it complete.

If it means that much to ya so be, it, but I'd say with the over 500+ games I own, I can tell you that over 75% of them that are complete, I've never looked at the manual, not even one time.[/QUOTE]

Damn, sorry. I think saying "speak for yourself "made a few people cry. Ok if your have 500+ game. Want a cookie? And I didnt mean to put "Dock" I meant to put save.

I really don't know how it can be anal because I want the complete product. I thought it was about what I choose not what the hell you choose. It's my money. Ok your getting it for 5-10 dollars cheaper. 5-10 dollars isnt a big deal for me. I said I like the idea.

[quote name='e Skrilla']Damn, sorry. I think saying "speak for yourself "made a few people cry. Ok if your have 500+ game. Want a cookie? And I didnt mean to put "Dock" I meant to put save.

I really don't know how it can be anal because I want the complete product. I thought it was about what I choose not what the hell you choose. It's my money. Ok your getting it for 5-10 dollars cheaper. 5-10 dollars isnt a big deal for me. I said I like the idea.[/QUOTE]

Boy first you apologize for being rude, then you spout off something rude again, what is this the Lenny Bruce school of making friends and influencing people....:roll: I wasn't stating how many games I had to "compare size", it was to point out how I personally value complete games or games with a manual, sure their nice to have, but saving money is nicer.

You're new, so I'll let it slide, but man, do somthing about the snide remarks, whether you mean something by them or not... and as I said if you are Uncle Moneybags, do what you want, since it IS your money, however that's not what being a Cag is all about, (something it seems you're still learning)

Anyway I'm done discussing this.

But next time you want to waste that extra cash, feel free to sling it my way or to do something good with it, for me that's another game, to somebody else that's a good meal or something else nice...nuff said. :cool:

Just wanted to give a heads up and props to the guys at Gamestaq, I ordered inFamous the other day and it shipped out today, I'll post when it shows up.

So far, so good. Great price too, thanks Flooty. :)

@youenvy yeah this site is reliable. I believe some peple just had some problems with their orders due to internal problems within the company. Rest assured gamestaq is a great website (based on my experiences)

This is my USPS status now:

"Class: First-Class Mail International
Service(s): International Letter

Your item was undeliverable as addressed at 10:11 AM on November 28, 2009 in NEW YORK, NY 10001. It is being returned if appropriate information is available.

Detailed Results:

• Undeliverable as Addressed, November 28, 2009, 10:11 am, NEW YORK, NY 10001
  • Electronic Shipping Info Received, November 10, 2009"
I don't even know how that could have happened. Notice it took 18 days for the status to be updated. I'm not trying to badmouth the site, but I've had a really unfortunate experience with them so far. Kinda seems like it might be a USPS problem, though I could be wrong.

So, check this one out. I decided to send in my game with delivery confirmation. Something is real screwy about the relationship between USPS and Gamestaq.

Detailed Results:
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

bullet_circle.gif
Processed through Sort Facility, December 02, 2009, 4:49 pm, NEW YORK, NY 10199
bullet_circle.gif
Missent, December 02, 2009, 5:33 am
bullet_circle.gif
Processed through Sort Facility, December 01, 2009, 5:17 pm, NEW YORK, NY 10199
bullet_circle.gif
Moved, Left no Address, November 30, 2009, 2:29 pm, NEW YORK, NY
bullet_circle.gif
Undeliverable as Addressed, November 28, 2009, 10:06 am, NEW YORK, NY 10001
bullet_circle.gif
Arrival at Post Office, November 28, 2009, 7:07 am, NEW YORK, NY 10001
bullet_circle.gif
Processed through Sort Facility, November 28, 2009, 2:53 am, NEW YORK, NY 10199
bullet_circle.gif
Processed through Sort Facility, November 26, 2009, 2:32 am, MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55401
bullet_circle.gif
Electronic Shipping Info Received, November 25, 2009

If anyone is interested, I'll sell you my PS3 Infamous, brand new as part of PS3 Bundle from BF, for $29 and save the middle man/fees. Or if you are interested in Killzone 2 for $26, PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so here is the problem. I am trying to sell my games to them, but they are keep telling me that the paypal security error: security header is not valid. I tried it from three different computer and they all give me same error message.

Edit: I got email from them saying that they are having problems w. paypal, but you can use CC, which is kind of risky.

New status:

"Your item was misrouted. The error has been corrected and every effort is being made to deliver it as soon as possible. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

I'll add my voice to those who have experienced delays & no communication from Gamestaq.

I placed an order for 3 games on November 22, 2009. 1 of the games arrived in good time, but I'm still waiting on the other 2. I emailed them about it last week and received no response. I emailed again today - we'll see if this one is ignored too.

If I don't hear back from them, I'm going to consider a chargeback. The lack of communication is distressing.

Guys,

I wanted to tell you guys here 1st...
We've been seeing such great overall response the last month or so that we havent been able to keep up or scale up quickly enough.
That is why you've been seeing a slowdown in response time.

So, we've made the hard decision to temporarily close down transactions on the site in the near future.
We know its gonna kill us now, but we feel we'll be able to relaunch much stronger.

We've been raising funds over the last few months to put back into the site with updated programing and marketing.

It will take a couple months to get these updated in place, and we're fully committed.
To list some updates we're working on: Fully automated user to user transactions, Rating systems, Revamped checkout, fully updated UI, social features such as forums and public profiles, etc.

Our blog will continue to be open, and we're around to answer any questions.

It goes without saying that all open orders from the beta will be processed and fulfilled.

Thank you CAGs... you guys are part of an amazing community.

And now... I'll duck in preparation of flying tomatoes.

[quote name='Furian']I'll add my voice to those who have experienced delays & no communication from Gamestaq.

I placed an order for 3 games on November 22, 2009. 1 of the games arrived in good time, but I'm still waiting on the other 2. I emailed them about it last week and received no response. I emailed again today - we'll see if this one is ignored too.

If I don't hear back from them, I'm going to consider a chargeback. The lack of communication is distressing.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'm in the same boat. The communication with me was good until about a week ago and since then it has been non-existent. What's your order status? This is my status now:

"We attempted to deliver your item at 11:00 AM on December 5, 2009 in NEW YORK, NY 10001 and a notice was left. You may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice, go to www.usps.com/redelivery, or call 800-ASK-USPS to arrange for redelivery. If this item is unclaimed after 30 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

New York, NY 10001 is the Gamestaq address by the way, so I guess USPS tried to return the item.

Does this mean we shouldn't place any orders anymore? Or is there a day when they'll stop taking all orders. I say this because I want to order some games.

Flooty,

I think you guys did a good job, your starting your business out and working out the kinks.

Apparently some CAG's (eg. Gombay, etc.) didn't bother to read my posts about USPS, or didn't care for what they read.

(Plus you do know, speaking to Gombay, and others with issues) that like Amazon marketplace and Ebay, they contact the seller and the seller is responsible for shipping your item out correctly, you understand this yes??? So again, keep in mind who's responsible and how much Gamestaq can "fix" things for you)

I have packages from a few other well known retailers (Amazon ring any bells) that I'm still waiting on and I ordered them BEFORE I ordered my game from you guys and my game still showed up faster.

Including one ($3 item, no less) that said it was 60 miles from me and was to be delivered on 12/1/09 and I had to wait 10 days before they would accept it was lost and I'm still waiting on a reshipment, so blame the mail carrier, not Gamestaq.

You come in and try and to take care of customer service issues here on the forum, (I think the in-house email needs to be the main contact way)

Anyway Good Luck on the relaunch I'll keep my eyes peeled for it, and I hope everyone (including the people having issues) get resolutions and get the games they bought. Thanks Again for the great deal.

Cheers. :applause:

[quote name='uncle5555']Flooty,

I think you guys did a good job, your starting your business out and working out the kinks.

Apparently some CAG's (eg. Gombay, etc.) didn't bother to read my posts about USPS, or didn't care for what they read.

(Plus you do know, speaking to Gombay, and others with issues) that like Amazon marketplace and Ebay, they contact the seller and the seller is responsible for shipping your item out correctly, you understand this yes??? So again, keep in mind who's responsible and how much Gamestaq can "fix" things for you)

I have packages from a few other well known retailers (Amazon ring any bells) that I'm still waiting on and I ordered them BEFORE I ordered my game from you guys and my game still showed up faster.

Including one ($3 item, no less) that said it was 60 miles from me and was to be delivered on 12/1/09 and I had to wait 10 days before they would accept it was lost and I'm still waiting on a reshipment, so blame the mail carrier, not Gamestaq.

You come in and try and to take care of customer service issues here on the forum, (I think the in-house email needs to be the main contact way)

Anyway Good Luck on the relaunch I'll keep my eyes peeled for it, and I hope everyone (including the people having issues) get resolutions and get the games they bought. Thanks Again for the great deal.

Cheers. :applause:[/QUOTE]
Just to make things clear, I never blamed Gamestaq, or never meant to at least. I always thought it was a USPS problem. Anyway, to update my order status, USPS couldn't deliver it so they sent it back to Gamestaq and they then sent it to me 2 days ago. We'll see what happens this time. :pray:

I bought Price of Persia from them just to test it out with a cheap(ish) game. It arrived fast and in good condition. I'll be using them again

Question: I have not kept up with the thread recently so I don't really know what's going on. Is Gamestaq done or are they just restructuing? I placed an order on the 17th and have yet to get paid so I came here to see what was going on. Needless to say I am not going to send out my game until after I get payment. Since they pay between 24-48 hours and it has been over 96 hours now I am a bit hesitant. I loved the service so hopefully they can fix the issue.

My 2 cents would be go the route of Amazon...UPS with delivery confirmation and all UPS packages are insured up to $100 so everyone is protected.

[quote name='NJMane']Question: I have not kept up with the thread recently so I don't really know what's going on. Is Gamestaq done or are they just restructuing? I placed an order on the 17th and have yet to get paid so I came here to see what was going on. Needless to say I am not going to send out my game until after I get payment. Since they pay between 24-48 hours and it has been over 96 hours now I am a bit hesitant. I loved the service so hopefully they can fix the issue.

My 2 cents would be go the route of Amazon...UPS with delivery confirmation and all UPS packages are insured up to $100 so everyone is protected.[/QUOTE]

The post is a few bit up really. Read it.

[quote name='Ocajavati']The post is a few bit up really. Read it.[/QUOTE]

Well, kinda. All of the messages are in regards to order for purchasing from their site. I sold an item to them and have not recieved payment. Even Flootys post does not make any mention of selling to them. I don't know whether to hold the game and wait or sell it/ trade it elsewhere.

According to Flootys's, the site is no longer accepting transactions until Q1(2?) of next year.

Your best bet is probably just to take it elsewhere.

Guys - we're still open for business, and are still accepting and processing orders (buy or sell)
We will be posting a full letter on the site shortly with an exact date of suspended transactions.
In the meantime, all orders placed (buy or sell) are being filled.
Thanks.

I sold some games in gamestaq. Paid with paypal before I shipped the game I dont know why they do it this way but it works for me.

sold halo wars for $35 long time ago
shitty game for good price lol

got my 2nd copy of DS (demon's soul) here too
not bad, I rather go here then local GS..

[quote name='flooty333']Guys - we're still open for business, and are still accepting and processing orders (buy or sell)
We will be posting a full letter on the site shortly with an exact date of suspended transactions.
In the meantime, all orders placed (buy or sell) are being filled.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Really? Cause I have an order that still hasn't updated and I even sent you an email directly to the site about it.

Thanks for the info Flooty.

I shot over an email in the "contact us" section shortly after my post here. You guys must have got it because my payment popped up this afternoon. I have the game packaged and ready to go out first thing in the morning.

Just wanted to give you guys and update... We'll be having a year end sale between now and the 1st week of Jan, and then we'll probably be suspending transactions shortly after that.

Is Gamestaq still giving $35 for inFamous? I bought it from GoHastings and I plan on doing a speed run through it and then trying to get rid of it as quickly as possible, since it just doesn't seem like a game I'd want to replay a bunch.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Is Gamestaq still giving $35 for inFamous? I bought it from GoHastings and I plan on doing a speed run through it and then trying to get rid of it as quickly as possible, since it just doesn't seem like a game I'd want to replay a bunch.[/QUOTE]

They currently aren't buying games.

bread's done
Back