Buy or Sell inFamous - $35, and MORE @ Gamestaq

[quote name='flooty333']Just gave it a try on my computer and didnt have any issues.
Can you send an email to support, and describe whats happening and what browser you're using?
Thanks.
[/QUOTE]

I got it to work now. When I typed in ghostbusters on the search link and clicked the sell button it was a broken link then I clicked on the picture to get the actual item page and the linked worked. Hopefully that makes sense.

[quote name='Ocajavati']Not bad selling to them, but buying from them is made horrible with the transaction fee & shipping.[/QUOTE]

You pay minimum $4 shipping through Amazon marketplace sellers. The shipping and transaction fee is more than acceptable and the prices are directly in competition w/ Amazon or ebay for that matter.

Only way you are going to get any of these cheaper is finding someone to trade/buy w/ on here or GTZ who somehow has not seen this thread yet. :D

For example Halo Wars $22+$2.50 Shipping+$1 Transaction Fee or go w/ places like Half.com lowest price I could find is $23.49 shipped but that's just one copy the next is $22 not including the $3.49 shipping. Or how about eBay...$33.99 is the lowest BIN and yes were talking BIN because I don't have to bid for my copy at Gamestaq. And finally Amazon...$22.94 including shipping from the Marketplace. So ok Amazon looks like the best place to buy Halo Wars at this point (at least for the next 2 people the next lowest is $2 more).

Then again where did you get the $ to buy it from Amazon. Let's just say hypothetically we are not all blessed w/ a huge allowance given to ourselves for entertainment purposes. I know my budget set for myself is around $30 a month on entertainment and half of that gets eaten by Netflix. So where did you sell your old games in your collection to make that $ to buy Halo Wars? Certainly not Amazon with their huge % chunk taken out of. And eBay/Paypal take their own fees off the top.

Yes there are always better places to go to buy/sell/trade games but Gamestaq makes it abso-fucking-lutely easy as can be. $1 convince of not listing my game for the same price on eBay/Amazon is $ (and time I might add) saved buying/selling it somewhere else.

/rant :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I placed my order last Friday and got the payment today! Sending out the games tomorrow morning. Will sell again, this is great.

I used them about 3 weeks ago. Sent them 2 ps3 games I got via RLS. Transaction went smooth. No complaints here. Waiting for the next 2 RLS games I ordered to show up so I can flip them too.

[quote name='confoosious']sorry, what is RLS?[/QUOTE]
Retail Loyalty Site for people working in retail. He's getting games for free and flipping them to the site.

I just started looking at the site yesterday and decided to sell my Xbox 360 Guitar Hero Metallica game. As soon as I get payment into my account I'm going to buy InFamous! How long does it usually take for the payment to go into my account? Thanks flooty.

Just chiming in here to say, great site - sold two games on Friday and received payment on Monday. Awesome, awesome experience - now just add some more games, and let me sell you my Fallout, Fable, and Animal Crossing! :)

Kudos!

[quote name='deszaras']I just started looking at the site yesterday and decided to sell my Xbox 360 Guitar Hero Metallica game. As soon as I get payment into my account I'm going to buy InFamous! How long does it usually take for the payment to go into my account? Thanks flooty.[/QUOTE]

I believe in their FAQ section they state 24-72 hours.

Just an FYI - I placed my sell order on Sunday and received payment last night.

[quote name='deszaras']I just started looking at the site yesterday and decided to sell my Xbox 360 Guitar Hero Metallica game. As soon as I get payment into my account I'm going to buy InFamous! How long does it usually take for the payment to go into my account? Thanks flooty.[/QUOTE]

Hey, Usually takes about a day or two to process paypal payments.

[quote name='Izod517']Wow put me on the list of people who missed this thread due to the title. What a great site, keep it up guys![/QUOTE]

Thanks!! Glad you decided to click through into the thread!

[quote name='neiname']flooty, is echeck normal? last time my payment was instantaneous.[/QUOTE]

Yeh - Paypal should should their name to Pain in the Ass.
For transfers of over a certain $ amount, they sometimes send it by e-check.
We find its take about 2 days to clear (not 3-5 days like they say).

Edit: oh, and paypal doesnt take any fees.

I received an eCheck payment on the 22nd, and Paypal is stating that it won't clear until the 28th. How accurate do you think that estimation is? 6 days is a lot longer than 2 days.

Regardless, the games have been sent out and the experience i've had so far has been good. Just kinda bummed that it would take that long to get my payment cleared.

order # # 300000423

[quote name='mgbuendia']I received an eCheck payment on the 22nd, and Paypal is stating that it won't clear until the 28th. How accurate do you think that estimation is? 6 days is a lot longer than 2 days.

Regardless, the games have been sent out and the experience i've had so far has been good. Just kinda bummed that it would take that long to get my payment cleared.

order # # 300000423[/QUOTE]

The same for me. It honestly does take about a week for an e-check. I have never had an e-check clear in 2 days, including Gamestaq and many times on EBAY. But, it doesn't bother me too bad. I still think Gamestaq is a great site.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']The same for me. It honestly does take about a week for an e-check. I have never had an e-check clear in 2 days, including Gamestaq and many times on EBAY. But, it doesn't bother me too bad. I still think Gamestaq is a great site.[/QUOTE]

Just checked the history of some of the e-check payments we sent out.
Paypal sent out a bunch of e-check payments on the 14th @ around 5pm.
And, those were deposited into the seller's accounts on the 17th @ around 11am.
So, looks like 2.5 days for those payments.

The issue looks to be if an echeck payment is sent out close to the weekend, then we lose the weekend because the banks are closed.
So that would make it more like 5 days.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']The same for me. It honestly does take about a week for an e-check. I have never had an e-check clear in 2 days, including Gamestaq and many times on EBAY. But, it doesn't bother me too bad. I still think Gamestaq is a great site.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't bother me all too much, and I agree I have also never had an e-check clear in 2 days. Just wanted to let flooty know what was up so there was no confusion in the future. Love the site regardless :).

hey, so I got an echeck yesterday, and it says it won't clear until the 30th. And there's all these notifications not to send the games until I get the payout, but at the same time I was informed to send the games w/i 5 days... Now, I was wondering if those 5 days are from printing out the postage, setting up the sale, or getting the payout?

I'd really like it if you added NCAA 09 and Madden 09 for PS3. I'm sure plenty of people would love to sell me their like new copies for $8.

Sold 2 games last week and got paid pretty quickly.

Mine wasn't an eCheck, it cleared immediately and could be transferred to my bank account right away...

Look forward to buying/selling from them in the future.

I might have missed this bit of information but I hope that anyone can assist. Can you pay with Paypal or Google Checkout? Thanks.

[quote name='g13']I might have missed this bit of information but I hope that anyone can assist. Can you pay with Paypal or Google Checkout? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Not at the momrnt they said they were working on it

I had a Resistance 2 and RE5 for PS3 that I wanted to sell, in the future is there any chance you could get signed up to be notified when a game becomes available for sale/trade?

I'm pretty sure you can create a credit card number with Paypal to buy games with. Never done it myself, but I've heard plenty of people posting about using that method.

[quote name='freshzen']I had a Resistance 2 and RE5 for PS3 that I wanted to sell, in the future is there any chance you could get signed up to be notified when a game becomes available for sale/trade?[/QUOTE]

This feature is in the works, and will be up within a couple weeks.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']Once we are able to purchase games using paypal I have plenty to buy.[/QUOTE]

Paypal checkout will be up and running within the next week! (finally!)

Just wanted to point out a typo under the seller terms and conditions:

1. You represent and warrant that you have the legal right to sell all items you submit for selling using Gamestaq, that the items are not counterfeit or stolen and that your submission of them compiles fully with our requirements.

Great Site!

Order # 300000435
Shipped out my games (CoD: world at war & MLB 09) on Friday, funds from paypal should be cleared by later today. Flooty, keep an eye out for the pink usps bubble mailer haha

Are there still paypal fees being taken off when you sell games? I remember selling Halo 3 awhile back (I think a month ago...can't remember) and paypall took off additional fees.

Also, flooty, can you give an estimate on when NFS:S will go down in price?

I can't believe NFS Shift is so cheap everywhere. I gotta think this is a one week sale to boost interest in the game and get sales volumes up.

This is a quality title. That being said, I'm glad I locked in my sell price on the game today.

hey flooty, is there anyway to tell the quality of a used game before making a purchase? i.e., mint condition vs "okay" condition.

[quote name='SoulReaver']Are there still paypal fees being taken off when you sell games? I remember selling Halo 3 awhile back (I think a month ago...can't remember) and paypall took off additional fees.

Also, flooty, can you give an estimate on when NFS:S will go down in price?[/QUOTE]

No more fees on paypal payments. We figured a way to avoid them, so far.
Not sure on NFS pricing yet.
We're going to re-asses this week.

[quote name='rlee17']hey flooty, is there anyway to tell the quality of a used game before making a purchase? i.e., mint condition vs "okay" condition.[/QUOTE]

Not at this time. Every game comes with full box art and manual, guaranteed.

bread's done
Back