Buy Rock Band 2 (360), Get a 1600 Point Card Free at Amazon

I ordered a couple of days ago, when the 1600 point card was listed as backordered. But my order (both the game and the point card) shipped today.

i ordered yesterday and it shipped yesterday, game only though, the point card is till going to be shipped separately. Oh well, a month from now i'll get 1600 points in the mail, it'll be a nice surprise :)

what mailing service delivered the game or points to anyone that got it already? my order still says shipping soon for rockband anyone how long i will see that status before it ships? i got 2day delivery and ordered yesterday.

I ordered Rock Band 2, the Point Card, and a book last night. Picked free shipping and to ship all items together to save from additional costs. Live card was supposed to be back-ordered but I already received shipping confirmation for it. Book and game will ship separately but no confirmation yet of when.

damn, rockband supposed to get to me today but the point card hasn't shipped yet

Edit: just got the email, shipped and it's supposed to get there on the 25th :)

[quote name='bigpimpin07']damn, rockband supposed to get to me today but the point card hasn't shipped yet

Edit: just got the email, shipped and it's supposed to get there on the 25th :)[/quote]
ditto

Doh I didn't realize you had to add both to your cart. I had to call them up, order it again, and return it.

Amazon's shipping estimates are always way off. Mine said the shipping estimate was October 20-November 3, but it actually shipped yesterday.

Ordered last night, shipped today (2-day Prime) and it is scheduled to be here Friday :D Card is scheduled to be here Oct. 1st.

I'm a little frustrated now. People who ordered this well after I did have had their orders shipped and yet mine still hasn't budged. My order is still in the Not Yet Shipped status with the same October 20, 2008 - November 3, 2008 shipping estimate. You would assume when an item is back-ordered, Amazon would use a first in first out system for fulfilling the orders placed, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

[quote name='felixlighter']I'm a little frustrated now. People who ordered this well after I did have had their orders shipped and yet mine still hasn't budged. My order is still in the Not Yet Shipped status with the same October 20, 2008 - November 3, 2008 shipping estimate. You would assume when an item is back-ordered, Amazon would use a first in first out system for fulfilling the orders placed, but that doesn't seem to be the case.[/quote]

I ordered mine Tuesday night and the shipment date is October 2nd. Since it is in stock, I'm not sure I see why it would take 9 days to ship something out.

Hey, I've been a huge Amazon fan in the past but I have to agree that they are going downhill. Of course I know that they are just a company whose ultimate goal is to make money, I have no problem with that. But things like the post-order price guarantee made it seem like they were "on your side"-- like they actually cared (sounds cheesy, I know) about the customer having a great experience and never having any reason to regret an Amazon purchase. Now the POPG is gone, they are cancelling accounts with no warning if you make too many returns, and now offering a much better deal just days after a game's release, after pushing preorders.

Of course they have every right to do it and I'm sure that they have a good reason business-wise, but they have to know that it feels like a slap in the face to anyone who preordered and just missed this deal. And they have to know that it will scare people away from preordering in the future. I just don't get it, it's like they're going out of their way to trash the customer-friendly reputation that they've had for so long.

Damn thats badass deal

image1.jpg
image5.jpg

[quote name='felixlighter']I'm a little frustrated now. People who ordered this well after I did have had their orders shipped and yet mine still hasn't budged. My order is still in the Not Yet Shipped status with the same October 20, 2008 - November 3, 2008 shipping estimate. You would assume when an item is back-ordered, Amazon would use a first in first out system for fulfilling the orders placed, but that doesn't seem to be the case.[/quote]
What kind of shipping did you select? I got 2-day Prime...so that might explain the difference if say, you chose FSSS.

[quote name='SynGamer']What kind of shipping did you select? I got 2-day Prime...so that might explain the difference if say, you chose FSSS.[/QUOTE]

I did choose FSSS but that shouldn't prevent the order from being processed. My shipping time should be longer but they shouldn't just sit on my order because of the shipping option I chose. When the items became available my order should have been prepared for shipping.

[quote name='felixlighter']I did choose FSSS but that shouldn't prevent the order from being processed. My shipping time should be longer but they shouldn't just sit on my order because of the shipping option I chose. When the items became available my order should have been prepared for shipping.[/quote]

If you pick free shipping expect it to take a long time. Occasionally they will surprise you. But if you pick free they may sit on your order just as you said.

[quote name='blackhole82']If you pick free shipping expect it to take a long time. Occasionally they will surprise you. But if you pick free they may sit on your order just as you said.[/QUOTE]

That would be disappointing. I haven't had any issues with Free Super Save Shipping before.

Thanks for the info.

I typically receive my items within a week of ordering when I choose FSSS. That's why I don't waste my money on any other shipping method.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Seriously. I would have ordered it from them if this was the deal at release.[/quote]

Same here. I got it at lousy-ass Meijer. The only deal they gave me was a coupon for some clay pots in the gardening department.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Same here. I got it at lousy-ass Meijer. The only deal they gave me was a coupon for some clay pots in the gardening department.[/quote]

And that's what you get for shopping at Stoner's Pot Palace.

Interestingly, my debit card has been charged for the MS Points card only, and not the game. In my account, the game is listed as "Shipment #1: Not Yet Shipped" and the MS Points card is "Shipment #2: Shipping Soon." I placed the order 2 days ago.

I'm thinking of getting the new guitar at Deep Discount as they have it (mispriced?) for $58.99. Anyone know of any better deals out there?

My order just shipped a few hours ago, even though it originaly listed as October 20, 2008 - November 3, 2008 shipping estimate.

I ordered yesterday (9/26) with free shipping, and both game and card shipped same day with a delivery date of 10/2.

Anyone else notice that they changed the end date of the promotion to 9/27 yesterday, but today it's back to 10/4?

[quote name='mietha']Yeah, I'm done with preorders at amazon. With the end of the POPG, there is simply no reason to do so unless there is a pre-release promotion. Amazon has gone downhill fast in a lot of departments, especially CS. I feel the end of an era is upon us.[/QUOTE]

I ordered a ToV strat guide from them that came damaged. I sent it back and they also shipped the replacement in a paper envelope so it too freaking came damaged too. So I sent them a message and they told me sorry we cant send out a third guide. I sent them back how I shouldn't be held responsible for them shipping something improperly and this has been occuring alot lately. They apologized and offered to send me my money back if I would ship the guide back but told me that they couldnt send me any more copies of the guide itself because it had been listed as defective due to an abnormally high number of complaints about the item. So I sent them back one last email pretty much cursing at that point because they were trying to tell me a fucking book was defective. Books cannot freaking be defective unless there is a misprint. The problem is their shipping and customer service not their items!

[quote name='MSI Magus']I ordered a ToV strat guide from them that came damaged. I sent it back and they also shipped the replacement in a paper envelope so it too freaking came damaged too. So I sent them a message and they told me sorry we cant send out a third guide. I sent them back how I shouldn't be held responsible for them shipping something improperly and this has been occuring alot lately. They apologized and offered to send me my money back if I would ship the guide back but told me that they couldnt send me any more copies of the guide itself because it had been listed as defective due to an abnormally high number of complaints about the item. So I sent them back one last email pretty much cursing at that point because they were trying to tell me a fucking book was defective. Books cannot freaking be defective unless there is a misprint. The problem is their shipping and customer service not their items![/quote]
I'd call in, screw e-mail. If you still have the package the guide came in, take pictures of it and the guide and call in and ask who you can e-mail them too because Amazon is committing fraud. Be sure to mention that when you call in, don't rub it in the persons face or anything, just mention that this is fraud and you WILL report it as such.

Stupid question but can I get the difference credited back to my account if I picked Rock Band 2 up from Amazon on Monday for 59.99? If so do I just send Customer Service an email? Thanks.

[quote name='Penguin1084']I was just going to post this.

also, you get 20 free dlc tracks when you register the game at:

http://register.rockband.com/[/QUOTE]

Awww man you rock! Didnt know that! Cool of the RB2 guys as well. You should create a topic on that, bet alot of people missed it. Im not going to because I feel too dishonest doing it but iv been tempted to order and extra copy or two of this then keep the cards and try returning the game at walmart saying it was a gift for my birthday and the person didnt have a receipt. Also tempting to buy a few, keep the cards then ebay the game. Worst that would happan is I loose $5-$7 but gain a $20 card.

[quote name='ikaden']Stupid question but can I get the difference credited back to my account if I picked Rock Band 2 up from Amazon on Monday for 59.99? If so do I just send Customer Service an email? Thanks.[/quote]

Not anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
dropped $3 yesterday :)
called amazon and got my credit back. thanks
i know they don't pm now, but it still works

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome deal at $56.99, thanks! i knew i waited to buy the 2nd one for a reason.

$3 off + no tax + 1600 free XBL points = win

[quote name='ogbaka']dropped $3 yesterday :)
i know they don't pm now, but it still works[/QUOTE]

Did they give you a hard time? Did you explain the situation and they adjusted the price? I just bought mine over the weekend and would certainly like to get my $3 back.

[quote name='ogbaka']dropped $3 yesterday :)
i know they don't pm now, but it still works[/QUOTE]

Lucky for you. I got nothing but "Sorry sir, I have to follow the policy." And my order doesn't even ship until Oct 6. :cry:

[quote name='cjsbug']Lucky for you. I got nothing but "Sorry sir, I have to follow the policy." And my order doesn't even ship until Oct 6. :cry:[/quote]

Cancel that shiznit and re-order.

[quote name='stewie75']Cancel that shiznit and re-order.[/QUOTE]

They said because it was already in the "shipping process" I couldn't cancel and that I'd have to reject the package. Whatever...I'm not going to lose sleep over $3. It was still a good deal.

I bought this on Amazon and got my 1600 Point card. Thanks for the tip. Apparently I'm also going to be getting those 20 new tracks as well.

bread's done
Back