Buy Two Get 1 Free on All Used Games at Best Buy - 11/24 to 11/26

dc delta90

CAGiversary!
From the Best Buy Gaming Facebook site:

Best Buy Gaming
Do you ever dream to live in a world where you can pay for 2 pre-owned games, and get the third free?... Well my friends, that day is here. Starting Thursday and running through Saturday we're offering a buy any 2 pre-owned games, and get a 3rd of your choice free!

This is good on .com or in store. Free shipping on .com orders.

Just a heads up, the prices online are always the correct ones. Have seen it a bunch of times where the prices in store show higher but when you actually buy them, they ring up at the price shown on .com (or on your phone if you have a smartphone).

[quote name='radioactivez0r']So that coupon they sent out is pretty redundant eh?[/QUOTE]

Well the coupon has been good for a couple of weeks already and will be good for another month after this sale. Not exactly redundant.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']10% off with the GCU membership makes this even better.[/QUOTE]

This wasn't stacking with the current Buy 2 or more get 20% off used games.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']So that coupon they sent out is pretty redundant eh?[/QUOTE]

Knowing bb's history with these sorts of things, I wonder what mysterious thing would happen if you scanned that coupon during this promotion? extra free game? charge for four games? register flames?

[quote name='dc delta90']From the Best Buy Gaming Facebook site:

Best Buy Gaming
Do you ever dream to live in a world where you can pay for 2 pre-owned games, and get the third free?... Well my friends, that day is here.[/QUOTE]

Well, technically that world is here for a few days, then it's not here anymore.

Ive noticed BB's used game pricing doesnt update accordingly to their respective new game prices when they go on sale similar to GS. So basically anybody hoping to find a used batman arkham city for $25 this weekend should be prepared to be disappointed.

[quote name='thedragon']Do used games at Best Buy have their cases and manuals? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Based in past BBY threads, it seems to vary. It's based on if they require artwork and manuals with their trade ins. In my area, they all require artwork and manuals so I'd be pretty confident that they do. YMMV for your area.

[quote name='bob330i']Based in past BBY threads, it seems to vary. It's based on if they require artwork and manuals with their trade ins. In my area, they all require artwork and manuals so I'd be pretty confident that they do. YMMV for your area.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but this is incorrect. All Best Buy's are supposed to accept game trades without art and manuals, it's actually corporate policy but some stores simply don't abide by it. That said, the game's in your store may have not been traded in anywhere near your local area. Trade-ins are sent to a wharehouse, processed, and then shipped to stores based largely on their business, space and trade-in numbers (bigger, busier stores get more).

Short version: you may or may not get a game without a manual. Good news is that you can trade it back to BBY without a manual if need be (at least you are supposed to).

yeah it's completely random. i got a ninja gaiden 2 used with nothing but the disk, but i walk in my store and it's complete. i might be a jerk and switch it out and return it. idk

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Sorry, but this is incorrect. All Best Buy's are supposed to accept game trades without art and manuals, it's actually corporate policy but some stores simply don't abide by it. That said, the game's in your store may have not been traded in anywhere near your local area. Trade-ins are sent to a wharehouse, processed, and then shipped to stores based largely on their business, space and trade-in numbers (bigger, busier stores get more).

Short version: you may or may not get a game without a manual. Good news is that you can trade it back to BBY without a manual if need be (at least you are supposed to).[/QUOTE]

Budz, where are you getting this from? There have been at least 2 different "corporate policy" stances on this issue. Also, given that managers run things however the hell they want, they can also elect to refuse a trade for not being complete regardless of what anyone tells them is "corporate policy".

Having noted that, you are definitely correct in stating that completeness is hit or miss given that different stores operate pursuant to different policies on accepting trades based on completeness.

[quote name='thedragon']Do used games at Best Buy have their cases and manuals? Thanks![/QUOTE]
My area they will take trade-ins as long as the disk is good. Art and manuals don't matter.

[quote name='bgame2']Budz, where are you getting this from? There have been at least 2 different "corporate policy" stances on this issue. Also, given that managers run things however the hell they want, they can also elect to refuse a trade for not being complete regardless of what anyone tells them is "corporate policy".

Having noted that, you are definitely correct in stating that completeness is hit or miss given that different stores operate pursuant to different policies on accepting trades based on completeness.[/QUOTE]

There is one official policy which is reiterated here

There are managers that are either ill informed (it used to be game, manual, case and artwork when they first started but have since changed) or are just ignorant of the policy or the third that just want to play sheriff and make their own rules.

To all of the above I would point out that policy outlined in the above link as reference.

Also remember that the first company doing their processing was dealtree which took forever to do their job so most games that are arriving now may still be leftovers from dealtree that required manuals etc. But shortly you should see an influx of both.

If only this sale was next month at the same time the @gamer mag comes out. I could have used the 30% off used game coupon with the rz card for a nice 40% off. With that i could have gotten zelda, starfox and sotd for a good price point together

I think I'll pick up Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and Demon Souls they have for 17.99. Don't know what my third game would be though.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Sorry, but this is incorrect. All Best Buy's are supposed to accept game trades without art and manuals, it's actually corporate policy but some stores simply don't abide by it. That said, the game's in your store may have not been traded in anywhere near your local area. Trade-ins are sent to a wharehouse, processed, and then shipped to stores based largely on their business, space and trade-in numbers (bigger, busier stores get more).

Short version: you may or may not get a game without a manual. Good news is that you can trade it back to BBY without a manual if need be (at least you are supposed to).[/QUOTE]

Budz is correct. Cases and manuals aren't required but I've seen they are there most of the time. You don't get anything deducted when you trade them in and no BS charges for "overly scratched" discs. Oh yeah, have you seen the quality of the actual discs? Every single one is resurfaced so they are near perfect.

[quote name='dc delta90']Every single one is resurfaced so they are near perfect.[/QUOTE]

This is certainly true, the disc I've gotten from them have been like new.

[quote name='bgame2']Budz, where are you getting this from? There have been at least 2 different "corporate policy" stances on this issue. Also, given that managers run things however the hell they want, they can also elect to refuse a trade for not being complete regardless of what anyone tells them is "corporate policy".

Having noted that, you are definitely correct in stating that completeness is hit or miss given that different stores operate pursuant to different policies on accepting trades based on completeness.[/QUOTE]

Someone else has already posted the link to just ONE example of corporate confirming the no manual/no artwork required policy (for a while they wouldn't accept anything but 100% complete games). Of course though, a manager/employee always has the right to refuse games. Most likely though, your experienced has been soured by a manager either not up on policy or just doesn't care.

As for the info about disc shipping out and all that, that comes first hand from the gaming supervisor at my store. They don't have the stuff to print off new covers/refurbish disc in store. Originally the process used to take about 30 days but I think they are starting to cut that down.

I used the coupon for this last week to get both god of war 3 and collection with force unleashed 2 for 18 bucks total after a 10 gc...i've still got 10 in reward certificates so this could actually be really useful

bread's done
Back