Buy2 Get 1 Free Sale - Toys R US 10/24-10/30 ad (Online and B&M Info inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tubtub

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
I know this has already been posted, but I have the info too along with the rest of the ad. It is mix and match on all PS2, XB, and GC games(NO GBA are part of the sale...I didn't leave them out). This year they are being strict about everything(similar to last years, but they really want stores to follow it now). For TRU employees, the store director should know of the policy but I think it will be in an e-mail or map later. It's not valid on previous purchases, its up to store discretion to limit quantities(no buying 3 of the same title), and if you return a game you can only exchange it for a game that came out before 10/30 or get $33 credit towards another game. Edit - YMMV on all those rules. I'm sure some stores will be nice about exchanging.

TRU is also changing their price match policy. Now you only have 14 days after you buy something to come back to the store with another store's ad and get the price difference. And they are not matching any ads at all for the Thursday-Sunday of Thanksgiving.

Here's the rest of the 10/24 ad:
XB Action Replay $19.99(reg $29.99)
XB Starter Kit $19.99(reg. $29.99)
XB Pro Gamers Bundle $29.99(reg. $59.99)
XB Cyberpad 2 $9.99(reg. $19.99)
PS2 mini wireless controller $29.99(reg. $39.99)
PS2 Starter kit $19.99(reg. $29.99)
GBA SP Ultimate Pack $39.99(Reg. $49.99)
GC G force controller black, orange, purple, or indigo $9.99(reg. $14.99)
And of course the Buy 2 get 1 free deal(which is probably the only one most people will use)

Edit - It is online, too, but it says something like see online for online offer. I know last year it was slightly different online. I think it only let you get 3 $40 games or 3 $50 games and you couldn't mix and match $40 and $50 titles, and it wasn't valid on all titles, only a selection of titles.

If you return an item with a gift receipt, each game will show up as $33 with the gift receipt. Now you may get lucky and they may let you do an even exchange for another game, but they are supposed to either tell you that you only get $33 back since the person bought it as part of a sale(if you want store credit), or they may allow you to trade it for a game that was already released before the sale ended(there's no way you'd get $50 credit back, the best they'd do is let you get another $50 game that came out before 10/30).

Eligible games list now added (ripped from SD and reformatted)
Not sure if this is just for online or what, but here it is:
Right click here and select "Save target as".

Online codes (added by cheapyd)

GameCube

Buy two GameCube games priced at $19.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGGMCBE7999
Buy two GameCube games priced at $29.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGGMCBE2999
Buy two GameCube games priced at $39.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGGMCBE3999
Buy two GameCube games priced at $49.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGGMCBE4999

PlayStation2

Buy two PlayStation2 games priced at $19.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGPS2GV7999
Buy two PlayStation2 games priced at $29.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGPS2GV2999
Buy two PlayStation2 games priced at $39.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGPS2GV3999
Buy two PlayStation2 games priced at $49.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGPS2GV4999

Xbox

Buy two Xbox games priced at $19.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGXBXVG7999
Buy two Xbox games priced at $29.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGXBXVG2999
Buy two Xbox games priced at $39.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGXBXVG3999
Buy two Xbox games priced at $49.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGXBXVG4999

Lets say I get 2 games, whichever, and I also pay the full 50 bucks for San Andreas on sunday. Could I get the three games for $100 bucks and pick up SA on wednesday when it comes out? :?:

So do the TRU employees know if new release titles will be stocked durring the sale? I would hate to not be able to get GTA:SA and DOA:U.

[quote name='TheUnsane1']So do the TRU employees know if new release titles will be stocked durring the sale? I would hate to not be able to get GTA:SA and DOA:U.[/quote]

Honestly, why wouldn't they stock the games. The release date is the 26th, right? Why would TRU NOT sell the games and lose money to other competitors.

I asked at my local TRU and they said they weren't sure they would be releasing GTA:SA durring the sale to try and avoid horders getting 3. I am sure talking to the right manager would fix this for me tho.

Well they had the disclaimer at the store last year but I still got 2 copies of a game with no problem can't think of what game it was but I know I got a copy for me and my gf.

[quote name='TheUnsane1']Well they had the disclaimer at the store last year but I still got 2 copies of a game with no problem can't think of what game it was but I know I got a copy for me and my gf.[/quote]

oh yes...I forgot, they need SMART employees also :lol:

I got the Halo edition XBOX for the same price as a normal XBOX because the employee was "smart" ;)

[quote name='doubledown'][quote name='TheUnsane1']So do the TRU employees know if new release titles will be stocked durring the sale? I would hate to not be able to get GTA:SA and DOA:U.[/quote]

Honestly, why wouldn't they stock the games. The release date is the 26th, right? Why would TRU NOT sell the games and lose money to other competitors.[/quote]

Sounds exactly like the TRU we know. Are you supprised?

[quote name='doubledown']The could always put the disclaimer....

ONE OF THE SAME TITLE PER CUSTOMER

wow, problem solved....no wonder TRU is going under ;)[/quote]

Do you mean three of the same titles at the same time? Or same titles at all, ever?

I'm sure this has been answered already, but this thread is too large for me to search through, so I'll just ask

Is this deal eligible online as well? If so, would it require a coupon? Any details?

I have waaaay too many games I want to get for this sale at all price ranges. I am hoping to stick to one set of $50 games and then the rest at the $20 level, but we'll see if I stick to that.

I am all organized with what games I want at each price level. I just hope my TRU has what I want or they are available online. [-o

I'm hoping to get San Andreas, PM 2, and Fable. If I can't get all three, I won't get any. (At least not at TRU)

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']im wondering if they have ps1 games on sale, if so ill get ddr konamix and some other ps1 games[/quote]

They aren't part of the B2G1 if that's what you're wondering.

[quote name='chickenhawk']I have waaaay too many games I want to get for this sale at all price ranges. I am hoping to stick to one set of $50 games and then the rest at the $20 level, but we'll see if I stick to that.

I am all organized with what games I want at each price level. I just hope my TRU has what I want or they are available online. [-o

I pickup Shadow Hearts: COVenANT for $30 at GR (2 Disc) after trade-in 2 games and pickup any new release for $30 but still wonder is worth or not ??

[quote name='Masterkyo']I pickup Shadow Hearts: COVenANT for $30 at GR (2 Disc) after trade-in 2 games and pickup any new release for $30 but still wonder is worth or not ??[/quote]

What does this have to do with the TRU sale? Anyways, I hear that it's good.

[quote name='defiance_17']I scouted my TRU this morning, and they don't have Shin Megami Tensei or Shadow Hearts: Covenant. Hopefully the one back home has them.[/quote]

Crap! Those are 2 on my list!

It's all about visiting multiple stores (and checking online to see what criteria they have there. Last year it was select games only online, but in store was anything. If its anything this year online...no reason to go to a store except to save on shipping).

I too want Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Dead or Alive: Ultimate, and....toss up between Shadow Hearts Covenant? Star Ocean: Till The End of Time? Paper Mario 2? The choices... :(

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']im wondering if they have ps1 games on sale, if so ill get ddr konamix and some other ps1 games[/quote]

I didn't like megaman 8, was kinda lame, especially the PS version.

adscan.JPG

sorry if that was already posted

thanks goes to Deal Rush

[quote name='heninhingis']Does anyone know what time Toysrus opens. Thanks[/quote]

Go to the website and use the store locator for the store nearest you. It should show the hours of the store.

[quote name='heninhingis']Does anyone know what time Toysrus opens. Thanks[/quote]

Normally 9:30-10AM. Again, check with the local store info from the website.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='heninhingis']Does anyone know what time Toysrus opens. Thanks[/quote]

Normally 9:30-10AM. Again, check with the local store info from the website.[/quote]

If it starts on Sunday (24th) then it'll most likely be at 10:30am.

If GTA:SA is really available for the sale. then I may end up with two sets of 3 games! PM2, Pikmin 2, DK Konga and GTA, MK:D, and FIFA 2005... if they don't have GTA, I may stick with the Nintendo deal only...

GameCube

Buy two GameCube games priced at $19.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGGMCBE7999
Buy two GameCube games priced at $29.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGGMCBE2999
Buy two GameCube games priced at $39.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGGMCBE3999
Buy two GameCube games priced at $49.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGGMCBE4999

PlayStation2

Buy two PlayStation2 games priced at $19.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGPS2GV7999
Buy two PlayStation2 games priced at $29.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGPS2GV2999
Buy two PlayStation2 games priced at $39.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGPS2GV3999
Buy two PlayStation2 games priced at $49.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGPS2GV4999

Xbox

Buy two Xbox games priced at $19.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGXBXVG7999
Buy two Xbox games priced at $29.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGXBXVG2999
Buy two Xbox games priced at $39.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGXBXVG3999
Buy two Xbox games priced at $49.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGXBXVG4999

[quote name='buster90']FYI people the deals are NOW available ONLINE!!!!!!!![/quote]

Yes, this was already reported....read a bit.

They are not available right NOW though.....unless I'm missing something

[quote name='buster90']GameCube

PlayStation2

Xbox

Buy two Xbox games priced at $49.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGXBXVG4999[/quote]

Thanks for the codes, so I guess no mix and match online. Any word on preorders online? Is there a link with more details?

Does the sale include preorders?

For example can I preorder Halo 2, then purchase GTA San Andreas, and then get Pikmin 2 as the free third game?

Thanks

It appears there won't be any mixing allowed, and that all three must be the same price at exactly those levels.
I tried ordering Ratchet & Clank: GC, Midway Arcade Treasures 2, and Jak II, but the error message for the promo code said something about not meeting the requirements of the promotion.
When I tried again with three 19.99 games, it said the code could not be recognized.
Anyway, between that and the fact that shipping is around $11 (and you may or may not be charged tax), this deal doesn't seem so great anymore.

No the codes don't seem to work yet.

"We're sorry. We didn't recognize the promotional claim code you entered. Perhaps you typed it in incorrectly? Please double-check for transposed or omitted numbers or letters before re-entering."

Plus no free shipping!

The Gamecube 49.99 one works, but the shipping is like $6.50 :( I think I might order it anyways, since I have Amazon credit, and it's going to cost me $2.50 to take public transportation to a store which might possibly be sold out of them anyways.

Edited to add: Okay, I ordered it. With some Amazon credit I had sitting around, I got Pikmin 2, Tales of Symphnia, and Paper Mario 2 for

[quote name='judyjudyjudy'] Okay, I ordered it. With some Amazon credit I had sitting around, I got Pikmin 2, Tales of Symphnia, and Pikmin 2 for

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']It was around $111. That's with $6.50 shipping and 5% tax here in MA.[/quote]

Thanks! I'm torn, $105 (5% here in VA also) on Sun. (and run the risk of things being OOS) or $111.50 now? Hmm...

I tried pre-ordering Baten Kaitos along with Donkey Konga and Paper Mario, but the codes does not work. Does this mean that no pre-orders for these codes then?

I just tried the code for Xbox and it didn't work on Pre-orders. I tried to buy Burnout3, Halo2, and X-men Legends. The code was not recognized. It could have something to do with X-Men Legens being on sale for $34.99 though. But I figured that the system would know that I would pay for Halo2 and Burnout 3 and get X-Men for free. Anyway, it didn't work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back