buying wii points through the wii store?

tomfoolery

CAGiversary!
anyone try to buy wii points through the wii store yet??? i tried twice and was unsucessful. it was weird.

T. Foolery

i did a few times and it charged me but I got no additional points. I don't know why.

Why would you want to? Buying it through Nintendo gives no discounts. At least with Best Buy, you can GGC it for $5 cheaper.

[quote name='Kendro']Why would you want to? Buying it through Nintendo gives no discounts. At least with Best Buy, you can GGC it for $5 cheaper.[/QUOTE]

If you still have a BB that has the GGCs instock. I do not. I just purchased another 2000 points 20 minutes ago and it was fine. I WISH they had an option of saving all you're CC info though.

[quote name='gizmogc']If you still have a BB that has the GGCs instock. I do not. I just purchased another 2000 points 20 minutes ago and it was fine. I WISH they had an option of saving all you're CC info though.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree anymore!!!! Damn that constant putting in of credit card!!

Is tax applied through the store? My BB prices them at $22.99 ($17.99 after GGC+ tax + gas), and I rather go to Amazon to get them with no tax and free shipping over $25.

I already think that Nintendo should start integrating alphanumeric characters when it comes to Wii Points codes, I had a friend over and he magically guessed 16 numbers and got 2,000 Wii Points.

Amazon charges $24.99 for 2000 points. It'd be cheaper to get it through the Wii store (and you can buy different increments). My bf bought 1000 Wii points with no problem. I agree they should have an option to save your CC#.

[quote name='banpeikun']in how many tries?[/quote]

I don't know, I left to go play some GOW co-op for about 20 minutes, he said he just waved the Wiimote around while pressing A and he got it.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Amazon charges $24.99 for 2000 points. It'd be cheaper to get it through the Wii store (and you can buy different increments). My bf bought 1000 Wii points with no problem. I agree they should have an option to save your CC#.[/quote]
Ah damn, I must've saw the Classic Controller and mistaken the price for the Wii Points.

By the way, I just went to my local Walmart to see the Wii points, but the thing that caught my eye was that the Xbox Live Subscriptions and Marketplace Points were out of their plastic casing, just the cards hanging on the metal prongs. I was just shocked, anyone could just scratch the number off, take a picture with their cell phone/digital camera and hide the card somewhere, way to go Walmart?

[quote name='menikmati']Ah damn, I must've saw the Classic Controller and mistaken the price for the Wii Points.

By the way, I just went to my local Walmart to see the Wii points, but the thing that caught my eye was that the Xbox Live Subscriptions and Marketplace Points were out of their plastic casing, just the cards hanging on the metal prongs. I was just shocked, anyone could just scratch the number off, take a picture with their cell phone/digital camera and hide the card somewhere, way to go Walmart?[/QUOTE]
Those say they don't work until they are activated at the register, kind of like a giftcard. I don't know if that's true but it states that on the back.

[quote name='Santurio']Those say they don't work until they are activated at the register, kind of like a giftcard. I don't know if that's true but it states that on the back.[/quote]You'd have to wait for someone to buy the giftcard and then use your written-down number. There'd be a pretty angry guy back at Walmart the next day though..

[quote name='banpeikun']You'd have to wait for someone to buy the giftcard and then use your written-down number. There'd be a pretty angry guy back at Walmart the next day though..[/quote]

Yeah, I would be pissed if that was me.

Looks like I'm just going to buy the points through the system, I'm a pretty lazy bastard.

was it a debit card or a strait up credit card? i used my debit card which really shouldn't matter. i've got no points to show for it though and no charges have gone though.

T. Foolery

[quote name='tomfoolery']was it a debit card or a strait up credit card? i used my debit card which really shouldn't matter. i've got no points to show for it though and no charges have gone though.

T. Foolery[/quote]

Strange. I used my debit card and it worked fine. Bought 1000 points the day before Thanksgiving.

Purchased 1000 points on the 24th. The order confirmation page was screwed up and said "You purchased points / You have points total" (the number was missing; it should have said 'You purchased 1000 points'...)

However, when shopping for a game (Bomberman - which rocks 5 players btw), the points showed up correctly. A little confusing, but in the end it worked.

I wish we could just go to store.nintendo.com and buy them there. My "My Nintendo" account is linked to my Wii so why can't we just buy points online from a PC (where we would have a keyboard to work with) & have the points sent to our Wii (or to a friend's Wii as a gift for that matter?)

I'd love to be able to get Virtual Gift Cards sent to my Wii.

[quote name='ZoneFighter']I wish we could just go to store.nintendo.com and buy them there. My "My Nintendo" account is linked to my Wii so why can't we just buy points online from a PC (where we would have a keyboard to work with) & have the points sent to our Wii (or to a friend's Wii as a gift for that matter?)

I'd love to be able to get Virtual Gift Cards sent to my Wii.[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing the other day. Hopefully Nintendo will give us that option in the future.

bread's done
Back