Buzz! Quiz TV - CAG Night: Sundays at 6 PM PST/9 PM EST

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
2235325276_e294ee511d_m.jpg

This fall BUZZ!™, the popular quiz show franchise, makes its way for the first time to the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system with BUZZ!™ Quiz TV. Developed by Relentless Software, BUZZ! Quiz TV comes packed with BUZZ! wireless buzzer peripherals for an easy, pick-up-and-play game show experience. Combining to deliver over 5,000 questions divided into five different genre channels (Music, Movies & TV, Sports, Brainiac and Lifestyle), the new Channel Hopper mode allows players to switch between the different categories of questions in order to play a variety of quizzes that lets all your friends get into the action.
Latest News

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/09/12/us-mybuzz-launches-%E2%80%93-prize-opportunities/

Hey Everyone - We’re just a couple of weeks out from the launch of BUZZ! Quiz TV for PS3 here in the United States, but today we’re excited to announce that MyBUZZ for the U.S. is now live. For those of you who aren’t aware of what’s to come in BUZZ! Quiz TV, you will be able to create your own personalized quizzes on MyBUZZquiz.com and then play them online or in-game. This is your chance to stump your friends with your vast array of knowledge or test your family or significant others on how well they know you!

Quizzes consist of eight questions that you create, including the right and wrong answers. You can also link quizzes in a playlist to create a never-ending challenge on a particular topic. Choose to keep your quizzes private, share them with your PSN friends, or open them up for all to enjoy.

Personalized quizzes are a great form of entertainment, whether you’re flying solo or hosting a gathering. Start building content on the MyBUZZ site now using your PSN ID and when the game launches on September 23, you’ll be able to play all of your quizzes in the BUZZ! environment on the PS3 system.

MyBUZZ also includes some great community features. You have the ability to rate quizzes, leave comments for the Author, and search for quizzes by rating, date or subject. You can even add quizzes to your favorites list. In addition to “Top Quizzes” listed by “Most Popular” and “Most Recent”, you can also look up the “Top Author” listed by “This Week” and “All Time”.

And it is with this that we announce a little challenge for all of you trivia gurus out there. We’re asking you to start building your library of quizzes immediately and on game launch day (September 23), we’ll award a PS3 and BUZZ! Quiz TV game bundle to the “All Time Top Author.” A week after launch on September 30, we’ll be awarding another prize to the individual with the “Top Quiz.” He/she will receive a new PSP 3000 with BUZZ! Master Quiz (all the fun of the BUZZ! trivia franchise on-the-go!). So, get out there and start creating and rating quizzes – good luck!

[quote name='freakyzeeky']That just killed a bit of the enthusiasm I had for the game... :'([/QUOTE]Well, it officially has trophies now and since people many in the U.S. didn't play it on PS2, it should be fine (It should be fine for me).

Being a first-time Buzz interestee, I'm curious to read more about the additional/missing features of this latest version.

I will still definitely be getting it, but I find myself hard-pressed to buy a quiz show game for $60. I'll probably wait for a deal or buy a used copy.

BTW, here is my personal quiz page on MyBUZZ! Hope you guys like it. :D

http://www.mybuzzquiz.com/en_US/actions/Profile.do?AccountID=103338

Personally, I don't get why people hate my U.S. Presidents quiz. That's the quiz I spent the most time on! :bomb:

[quote name='evergoo']Being a first-time Buzz interestee, I'm curious to read more about the additional/missing features of this latest version.

I will still definitely be getting it, but I find myself hard-pressed to buy a quiz show game for $60. I'll probably wait for a deal or buy a used copy.

Personally, I don't get why people hate my U.S. Presidents quiz. That's the quiz I spent the most time on! :bomb:[/quote]

I get an error when trying to access your President quiz.

[quote name='evergoo']Being a first-time Buzz interestee, I'm curious to read more about the additional/missing features of this latest version.

Personally, I don't get why people hate my U.S. Presidents quiz. That's the quiz I spent the most time on! :bomb:[/quote]

Im hoping for a deal too.. otherwise 10 percent off with CC coupon for the win :0

[quote name='Sinistar']I get an error when trying to access your President quiz.[/QUOTE]

Finally fixed the Presidents quiz. Stupid site wasn't categorizing the quiz correctly (Braniac -> History -> US History), thus causing an error. Had to re-create it like 4 times to finally get it to work.

Anyways, now you can enjoy it. I need to check out the other U.S. Presidents quiz to see how that stacks up against mine.

Edit: Didn't really like the other president quiz. Fact error with "James Carter" as a president. The questions also seemed more obscure.

I tried your quizzes Sinistar and I've never played Sinistar or heard of Sledge Hammer! (born in mid '80s).

I've heard of other '80s video game shows but not this one.

As you can probably tell, I scored horribly on both.

Edit: No wonder Sledge Hammer! didn't ring a bell. #-o

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='evergoo']I tried your quizzes Sinistar and I've never played Sinistar or heard of Sledge Hammer! (born in mid '80s).

I've heard of other '80s video game shows but not this one.

As you can probably tell, I scored horribly on both.[/quote]

Well neither of those were an 80s video game show lol.

You can probably still play Sinistar on the shockwave.com website (unless they removed it) or get it on the PSX Midway Arcade Classics compilation.
And Sledge Hammer, you can get on DVD or watch clips on the official website http://www.sledgehammeronline.com/ or on You Tube :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='evergoo']Personally, I don't get why people hate my U.S. Presidents quiz. That's the quiz I spent the most time on! :bomb:[/QUOTE]Your greatest president question is opinion, not fact. You should remove it. If I had to pick a best president (being a history buff), I would go with Washington or FDR.

[quote name='Gerry P.']Your greatest president question is opinion, not fact. You should remove it. If I had to pick a best president (being a history buff), I would go with Washington or FDR.[/QUOTE]

"Who is generally considered to be the greatest president of all time?"

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_United_States_Presidents

Look at the different polls conducted over the decades along with his ranking avg. I personally would go with FDR, but these polls which consist of thousands of professors and historians believe in Lincoln.

Last but not least, notice how I said "generally considered." :p Unless you can offer advice, I couldn't re-word it to fit the limited character allotment.

[quote name='evergoo']"Who is generally considered to be the greatest president of all time?"

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_United_States_Presidents[/QUOTE]What your source says is that Lincoln, FDR and Washington are consistenty rated the highest. Four of the opinion polls pick Lincoln #1 while three put FDR at the top.

Your question is based in opinion, not fact, so I suggest you change it to "who is buried in Grant's Tomb?" :)

[quote name='Gerry P.']What your source says is that Lincoln, FDR and Washington are consistenty rated the highest. Four of the opinion polls pick Lincoln #1 while three put FDR at the top.

Your question is based in opinion, not fact, so I suggest you change it to "who is buried in Grant's Tomb?" :)[/QUOTE]

As I've said before, I interpret "generally considered" as an opinion. If I replaced these words with "is," (Which president is the greatest president of all time?), this sentence would sound much more like fact rather than opinion.

And if you haven't done so, you should also read the entire article along with checking those sources to see that his ranking average amongst these 'expert' polls is the lowest compared to all other presidents. He received only one 3rd place vote.

Once again, I interpret my word selection within that question as an opinion rather than fact and I don't personally think it needs to be changed, unless you can help me think of a better sentence that minimizes the likelihood of misinterpretation.

[quote name='IGN Buzz! Review']Another "Wha?!" moment came for me when I discovered that this game -- part of a franchise that founded its reputation on crazy, fun multiplayer battles with friends -- doesn't support voice chat for Sofa v. Sofa play. Sure, trying to screw your friends and opponents over in a round All That Apply is fun -- you need to check the multiple answers that apply to a given question during this mode, but you can see what your opponents are picking, so if you don't know the answer, it's easy to try and copy your foe -- but it would've been better if I could actually taunt them while I clicked my blue button again and again in an attempt to make them change their answer.[/quote]

:'(

I'll still buy it without voicechat. Doesn't surprise me since other games by SCEE have lacked it. This is more of a game which is intended to be 4 player offline multi-player (which is why it comes with 4 buzzers). I mean, what DO we have to talk about in a quiz show game when we are just answering questions basically?

I'm surprised freaky is sad since he usually doesn't talk all that much. ;) :p

It would have been interesting if they build a mic into the buzzers, something small like the new PSP or the DS.

I hope to have this by the end of the week, so I can post impressions then.

I'll be picking this up tomorrow. I've been waiting for this one to come out for a while now. The ability to make your own quizzes and use quizzes posted by the community really is a big selling point for me.

I find it funny that the comparatively cheaper and more gimped Jeopardy DOES have voicechat.

Here's hoping for a patch.

Still getting it wednesday though.

Was reading the launch post on the PS Blog and noticed the part about the first update, which adds trophy support and some other things, and I didn't know that PS Eye support was in the works. It only mentions just being able to take and save photos like SingStar, but I wonder if they could use its mic for online play.

• Trophies! That’s right - immediately upon launch you can start building your trophy library. Collect trophies for a number of different challenges from creating quizzes to playing “Sofa vs. Sofa” games to scoring over a certain number of points - and more!
  • Four new contestants and ten new buzzer sounds
  • Manage all of your quizzes and your download packs
  • PlayStation Eye support - take photos and save in-game. “Get Your Buzz Face On” will let you view your favorite photos and save them to your PS3.
  • Multiple buzzer support in “Sofa vs. Sofa” - now anyone can be the first to buzz in!

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'll still buy it without voicechat. Doesn't surprise me since other games by SCEE have lacked it. This is more of a game which is intended to be 4 player offline multi-player (which is why it comes with 4 buzzers). I mean, what DO we have to talk about in a quiz show game when we are just answering questions basically?

I'm surprised freaky is sad since he usually doesn't talk all that much. ;) :p[/quote]

...True ;)
I may not say much most of the time, but I still enjoy hearing the banter and chatter of other CAGs/players. It makes it a more sociable experience... I was looking forward to 'Wooo!!'ing when I win, but now I guess I'll do it alone at home, and no one hearing me. :cry:

Plus, you cussing by accident is always funny to hear. I would have liked to experience moments like that on 'Buzz!'. :lol:

Man I was planning on waiting for this to hit the Sony RLS.... but I have a crapload of gamestop credit that is burning a hole in my pocket.......

When are Gamestops getting this game in? I've heard Wednesday and Thursday by different employees at the Gamestop that I preordered it at.

I've just been in more of a mood to really want to play this since my main group of friends on campus has gotten in a kick of playing Scene It on the 360 lately. So that along with that I have never played a Buzz game before has me really excited. I could be wrong, but I think I remember seeing some of the standalone PS2 Buzz games at the local Walmart for really cheap (like maybe $10, they have some of the PS2 Singstar bundles at $30), so hopefully I can make a nice score on Buzz The Hollywood Quiz for PS2 as well. Has anyone heard if batteries come packaged with the game, or do you have to provide your own?

I'll probably buy this right before thanksgiving so my family can do something non destructive in my apartment while I cook dinner.

This just arrived. It's a good thing I have some spare batteries lying around that my Xbox 360 controller won't use anymore, so now they can reside in the Buzz controllers. You get a small USB receiver to plug into one of the USB slots to let you use them all.

Normal double A's, would've been nice for them to give a few with the game, but eight was pushing it a bit. Even two or four would've been a nice gesture.

The 1.10 update is 207 MB, for those interested in that info.

Played some quick single-player games and I'm liking it a lot so far. Managed to get the gold 5k points trophy along with the others below it and the trophies for playing SP games. I'm waiting to join an online game, but it's been a few minutes now, so I'm thinking that there are very few people with the game right now. :whistle2:(

I rule at movie/TV stuff, toons and blockbusters categories especially.

bread's done
Back