Buzz! Quiz TV - CAG Night: Sundays at 6 PM PST/9 PM EST

I can sink 3 or 4 hours into this daily with my wife. I love the online aspect. I only wish it would 1) let users make quizzes longer than 8 questions, 2) let users queue up several 8 question online quizzes for back to back play. Can wait to see what comes via DLC besides questions.

Liking the game so far. Played 3 single player games, and tried to get into an online match, and it ran incredibly smoothly until the second before the first question where it disconnected.

Ugh, bought this game used a couple days ago at GS, but every time I try to play I remember that I have no spare AA batteries for the controllers. :cry:

I hope to play against some CAGs soon.

[quote name='mykevermin']With the MyBuzz channel, it's strange that they're going to try to sell expansion packs via PSN as well, no?[/quote]

The thing is with the My Buzz quizzes the only thing you can do is play Stop The Clock with them. With the PSN quizzes, all the different game segments and modes are available for those questions.

And they're fully voiced like every other set of questions in the game. Plus, you don't have to deal with questions from internet morons that start with "Wut."

I finally got around to playing Buzz. I had such a good time with it. :D I sucked at most quizzes, but did VERY well on the quizzes relating to Cartoons. :lol:

I finally created my first Quiz, known as the TMK PlayStation Quiz. Only my friends can see it. Basically, I test how well you know PlayStation. I'm going to create more for various genres of games.

Funny thing is, I went perfect on the Science and Technology questions, so I got the Trophy "He's on Fire!" for it. It's hard to explain, but I'm just really good at that stuff I guess (while I suck at music questions, movie questions, etc.).
[quote name='MSUHitman']The thing is with the My Buzz quizzes the only thing you can do is play Stop The Clock with them. With the PSN quizzes, all the different game segments and modes are available for those questions.[/QUOTE]Also, the quizzes created are done pretty good. The quizzes we create can be good and bad.

I think the game is great, but I hope I don't drop out in anymore Online games. Sure I was in last but the Online was totally lag-free and awesome until I was dropped.

Are the ones on the site the same as the ones in the game? I looked up on the site Mana, but it only had a periodic table and rocket power quiz. What happened the the GGT, Sony, etc quizes?

[quote name='Jest']Are the ones on the site the same as the ones in the game? I looked up on the site Mana, but it only had a periodic table and rocket power quiz. What happened the the GGT, Sony, etc quizes?[/QUOTE]They are there. The thing is I locked most of my quizzes to buddies only (like the GGT Quiz), since I figured most people just wouldn't get it. I'm going to open up the PlayStation quiz though. When you check quizzes on the Buzz game itself, you will find my quizzes.

EDIT: The PlayStation Brand Quiz is open to everyone to take.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking the other day and there are nearly 5k user created questions now and the game shipped with 5K+ and there are 3 packs of 500 online so that makes 11500 quiz questions. OMG great game! I spent 3 hours playing on Sunday just doing TV show quizzes like Seinfeld, and The Office.

I got 6 quizzes up now and they are open to anyone since I figure anyone can enjoy them. 3 are movie quote quizzes and 3 are for The Office.

I know a few CAGs were interested before, but does anyone have an answer to whether or not the Quiz Packs are shareable?

I've lurked through other gameshare threads and Buzz forums on the web and I can't seem to figure out a definite answer. If it is true, I don't mind joining/creating a group specifically for current and future DLC Quiz Packs.

[quote name='evergoo']I know a few CAGs were interested before, but does anyone have an answer to whether or not the Quiz Packs are shareable?

I've lurked through other gameshare threads and Buzz forums on the web and I can't seem to figure out a definite answer. If it is true, I don't mind joining/creating a group specifically for current and future DLC Quiz Packs.[/quote]

That would be awesome.

[quote name='BREVITY']Mana I thought you were on my FL but when I went in I couldnt see your Buzz quizzes. Check and if not add BREVITY.[/QUOTE]I'll look into getting that taken care of. I barely remember since my list keeps maxing out (my list switches around for what games are popular). I do play Buzz a lot right now though so it works.

[quote name='evergoo']I know a few CAGs were interested before, but does anyone have an answer to whether or not the Quiz Packs are shareable?

I've lurked through other gameshare threads and Buzz forums on the web and I can't seem to figure out a definite answer. If it is true, I don't mind joining/creating a group specifically for current and future DLC Quiz Packs.[/QUOTE]They probably are. I actually bought one quiz pack with my own account, but I'm not sharing it (the video game one). :p

Music, movies, and pop-culture stuff is what destroys me.

Science and Tech and Gizmos and Gadgets I eat with a spoon. I was hoping you were going to pick it again for the last round of the 2nd game.

I know NOTHING about Sports, but because of some lucky guesses I won the round. So yeah... I'm abysmally terrible at Sport questions.

I do love the music subjects. I like all kinds of music from all kinds of time periods. My iPod has probably one of the most diverse musical selections of anyone I know around my area. I read about most everyone I put into my iPod, so that explains why I'm really good with the music questions. ;)

[quote name='Jest']Music, movies, and pop-culture stuff is what destroys me.

Science and Tech and Gizmos and Gadgets I eat with a spoon. I was hoping you were going to pick it again for the last round of the 2nd game.[/QUOTE]I'm usually good with science questions, but I bombed it today. :whistle2:( I should do better next time. I also excel at toon stuff.

As for sports, I chose that category hoping to get basketball questions (NBA), because that's where I can stump people BADLY. ;)

I'm brave and gonna take a risk regarding whether or not Quiz Packs are shareable.

Anyone interested in joining my group for current and future Buzz Quiz Packs? Please PM me if you're interested. I wanna give you guys first dibs before mentioning it in the Gamesharing thread.

We'll start out with $5 each. If Quiz Packs are not shareable, I'll refund you guys.

Finally got the game! :bouncy:

Will play it in a little bit after I watch my new Blu-ray, Galapagos. Since traffic is slow here, I will now post in the gamesharing thread regarding the Buzz Quiz Packs group ($10 per person).

Anyways, I'll be posting my impressions soon!

So it seems that a good amount of us at CAG have Buzz. Now is anyone up for Buzz Game Nights? How does Friday nights sound? I'm available from 7 pm PDT and after.

Btw, suko_32 and I played a few rounds (along with other random players) awhile ago and we had a blast!

[quote name='evergoo']So it seems that a good amount of us at CAG have Buzz. Now is anyone up for Buzz Game Nights? How does Friday nights sound? I'm available from 7 pm PDT and after.

Btw, suko_32 and I played a few rounds (along with other random players) awhile ago and we had a blast![/QUOTE]Freaky and I wouldn't be there on Friday because that's our Warhawk night. ;)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Freaky and I wouldn't be there on Friday because that's our Warhawk night. ;)[/QUOTE]

Since your the PS3 guru, do you mind telling me which days are not game nights? I have a feeling that there are PS3 game nights everyday.

Thursday is a possible alternative.

[quote name='evergoo']Since your the PS3 guru, do you mind telling me which days are not game nights? I have a feeling that there are PS3 game nights everyday.

Thursday is a possible alternative.[/QUOTE]I'll tell you what, could you please tell me sometime post your information in this thread (I explain how it's done):
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149288

Or could you send me a PM on when you are available? I just ask because I'm always willing to talk to various administrators of game nights, try to shuffle games around to make time for others. Warhawk is the main CAG night game that's stapled on Friday night at 10pm EST (that won't change, unless something huge happens). Most everything else is flexible. We play Wipeout on Thursday, but that's like at 9:30pm EST and I'd be willing to cut out to play Buzz at 10pm EST or 10:30pm EST. Regardless, we'll work something out. :D Just let me know and sorry for getting back to the thread late.

TMK and I have been discussing about a possible schedule for Buzz Game Nights. I don't mind hosting on Sundays @ 6 pm PST. If you are interested, please mention it here so that I can add you as a friend. My buzzer is thirsting for some competition.

[quote name='evergoo']TMK and I have been discussing about a possible schedule for Buzz Game Nights. I don't mind hosting on Sundays @ 6 pm PST. If you are interested, please mention it here so that I can add you as a friend. My buzzer is thirsting for some competition.[/QUOTE]

ill look for you sunday night

Ya I can play Sunday nights - I have yet to play anybdy online for Buzz! I see freaky and Mana playing often but have yet to play them :(

Add me on PSN - my name is over there

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fuss']Ya I can play Sunday nights - I have yet to play anybdy online for Buzz! I see freaky and Mana playing often but have yet to lay them :(

Add me on PSN - my name is over there

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Add me... I play Buzz almost everyday. :bouncy:

EDIT: And SoCal... eww! :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'll make sure to add you some time tomorrow. Btw, my AIM is evergoo03 and I'd love to do Skype (evergoo).

[quote name='evergoo']I'll make sure to add you some time tomorrow. Btw, my AIM is evergoo03 and I'd love to do Skype (evergoo).[/QUOTE]Will do. I have a feeling we might have more than 4. We might just have to do first come, first serve. Some are on my, freaky, SoCal, and so on buddy list.

My info is in my profile.

There's no problem if we have more than 4 people. Please make sure to AIM me so that we can split groups up in the event that we have more than 4. As long as everyone gets to play multiplayer online, I'm a happy camper. :)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Trying to give everyone a reminder about Buzz being tonight. ;) evergoo will host.[/QUOTE]

when?

bread's done
Back