CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Picked up by the CAG-O-Matic

Use FREESHIPALL for free shipping
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=322192
The Buzztime Home Trivia System brings the excitement of the classic restaurant game into your living room. Plug the console directly into your TV and use the two wireless controllers to kick off the fun. Over 750 0fficial Buzztime questions included. Up to 8 people or teams can play. Ages 10 and up. (Console and 2 Controllers)

They also have something called the Zapit TV Game Wave Player that got a $50 price drop today...but I'm thinking you might be more interested in the $5 one above ;)

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=322258

Thanks D!!! I picked one of these up at Kmart for $11 a few months back. I picked up extra cartridges at Walmart ($0.50-2.00 each). Some places are selling these for up to $100. I would like to find a cheap pack of extra remotes (supports up to 8).

[quote name='mer71']Thanks D!!! I picked one of these up at Kmart for $11 a few months back. I picked up extra cartridges at Walmart ($0.50-2.00 each). Some places are selling these for up to $100. I would like to find a cheap pack of extra remotes (supports up to 8).[/quote]

The extra remote pack was on clearance at my local Kohl's last time I went... it was 70% off at the time... by now they should probably be down to 90% if they still have any...

[quote name='mer71']Thanks D!!! I picked one of these up at Kmart for $11 a few months back. I picked up extra cartridges at Walmart ($0.50-2.00 each). Some places are selling these for up to $100. I would like to find a cheap pack of extra remotes (supports up to 8).[/quote]
Or you could just buy more sets for $5 and get 2 controllers at a time.

What kind of trivia is this? What was it priced at before?

the classic restaurant game
What?!

I don't get this at all. Is this a trivia game about restaurants? Or is it a game that restaurants had? If so, I haven't seen it. Thankfully. I don't go to Ruth's Chris to play tv trivia games.

Anyway, if someone could answer LinkinPrime's earlier question about the TYPE of trivia questions these are, I'd also appreciate it. Are we talking intelligent trivial pursuit type questions, or pop-culture type questions?

[quote name='guinaevere']What?!

I don't get this at all. Is this a trivia game about restaurants? Or is it a game that restaurants had? If so, I haven't seen it. Thankfully. I don't go to Ruth's Chris to play tv trivia games.

Anyway, if someone could answer LinkinPrime's earlier question about the TYPE of trivia questions these are, I'd also appreciate it. Are we talking intelligent trivial pursuit type questions, or pop-culture type questions?[/quote]

I think I found my answers from Amazon.com

Average Customer Review:
stars-3-0.gif
Product Description
Bring your favorite bar/restaurant trivia game to your TV set. The NTN Buzztime Home Trivia System has a plug-n-play console that hooks directly to your TV for instant play. The set includes 2 wireless infrared controllers and over 750 trivia questions covering such topics as sports, history and TV. Additional controllers sold separately. For up to 8 players, ages 10 years and up. Made in USA. 2-3/4Hx10Wx14L".

http://www.amazon.com/Cadaco-Buzztime-Home-Trivia-System/dp/B00078ZHK8

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Or you could just buy more sets for $5 and get 2 controllers at a time.

What kind of trivia is this? What was it priced at before?[/QUOTE]

I don't believe that works, I believe each user must have a different colored one. Red and Blue are in the box, then there is White, Purple, Green, and I don't know the rest.

And it was priced around $30-50 I think. Target.com still has it at $30

[quote name='crashpanda']You can still order it even though it's backordered.[/QUOTE]

Seems like the kind of thing that won't come back in stock though. I suppose it's worth a shot.

Loved playing this game at the sports bar with my friends while playing their live weekly trivia game. In it for two so I can at least have four players. Thanks! Now to finally buy the expansions that I always see clearanced.

bread's done
Back