CAG 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme, Feedback are Live - EVERYTHING is Coming Back Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere in the thread, but can we add new games in 3.0?  I know the User Moderation allows for editing existing games (which I do often), but I didn't see where I could add new games to the database.

TIA to anyone that answers!

Is there a setting somewhere to disable/enable showing signatures?  When I'm signed in I don't see anyone's signature but if I sign out I see them all just fine.

While it's unlikely that anyone would come across this, and who knows if it can be fixed, but if you click on the 'Preview this topic' down arrow for a thread and either of the posts has a spoiler, it gets rid of the interactive spoiler and shows the actual contents of the spoiler. [customspoiler='Test.'] fuck.[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, so not sure if my subscriptions are busted, or just my head here but I used to get daily subscriptions of new threads started under the main board for Video game Deals (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/10-video-game-deals/) for the longest time now I haven't been able to activate these emails again. I've un subscribed and subscribed a dozen times, I've messed with my Subscription settings too, to no avail.

Now, it gets even more interesting that I've subscribed to the main Blu-Ray & DVD Deals board (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/24-blu-ray-dvd-deals/) and I'm getting daily emails... but they seem to only show one new thread with a seemingly random comment from that thread from that day. Whut.. the fuck....

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Just me?

Shit, we brought a new server online earlier today and I forgot to install everything we need for the game searching stuff. Should be fixed now.

Everything else you've mentioned should be back up over the weekend, except for CSV downloading - I haven't done that yet.
I still can't search for anything without great difficulty. A search for "Pokemon Red" for example, brings up a lot of Pokemon stuff, but not the actual game. Hell, searching for "Tetris" brings up a lot of stuff, but not the original GB version. I can't find hardly anything with the search feature, and I don't see a way to just browse the games so I can finally add my long-lost-and-now-found GB games to my collection. Are collections still borked, or am I just doing something wrong?

Ever since the switch over last year, searching and collections has been a painful experience.

I still can't search for anything without great difficulty. A search for "Pokemon Red" for example, brings up a lot of Pokemon stuff, but not the actual game. Hell, searching for "Tetris" brings up a lot of stuff, but not the original GB version. I can't find hardly anything with the search feature, and I don't see a way to just browse the games so I can finally add my long-lost-and-now-found GB games to my collection. Are collections still borked, or am I just doing something wrong?

Ever since the switch over last year, searching and collections has been a painful experience.
I'm in the same boat. CAG had been my preferred method of keeping track of my collection for years. Now I've resorted to using a spreadsheet on OneDrive until CAG's collections & marketplace comes back (... I hope :wall: ).

I don't think Pokemon Red or Blue are in the database because searching as Pokemon GBC shows Pokemon Crystal as the first result. However, searching for Tetris GB will return that as the first result. I don't know if John's working on it at the moment because the product search just stopped working for me again.

I don't think Pokemon Red or Blue are in the database because searching as Pokemon GBC shows Pokemon Crystal as the first result. However, searching for Tetris GB will return that as the first result. I don't know if John's working on it at the moment because the product search just stopped working for me again.
Well, I will say Pokemon Yellow came up without issue, but everything else GB I tried to search did not. And if Pokemon Red/Blue are not in there, and I can't seem to find Tetris (though you can?) something is wrong here.

But I will say issues are definitely not limited to just GB games. I've tried using this search feature for any number of other XBox 360 and PS3 games, and half the time the search either brings up nothing or just brings up random stuff. The game I'm actually searching for may be buried somewhere deep in the results, if it's there at all. Right now, it just doesn't seem to be working at all.

How come there is no way to just see what is in the database? Unless I'm missing it, there is no list of games you can browse/filter to just find what you're looking for alphabetically. It all relies on the search, which has been busted for me ever since the switch, so that's over a year now. Like others, I use this as a way to track all my games. I'd rather not have to do it manually.

I don't mean to be "that guy", but seriously, what happened here? CAG used to be awesome and everything functioned without issue. Then the switch to the new format came and ever since then features don't work and the content/posts/deals have all seemed to go downhill. I find most game deals on other deal sites now. A year later and I find myself coming here less and less and missing the CAG of old. We fixed what wasn't broken, I'm afraid :cry:

Weirdly, it looks like Pokemon Red isn't actually in the database. Seems unlikely, but I don't see it anywhere (and I'm looking at the game database directly.) 

Post-update users will be able to submit game records, though. 

I miss how you could see a list of CAGs selling X game on CAG's product page for the game. Any plans to bring this feature back?

Login and site navigation is at a crawl. Just loading homepage without the login took over a minute.

EDIT: Took over a minute for this post to 'post'.

Getting to a user control panel on a phone is also horrendously slow.  I can get to the homepage just fine, but if I try to go to the CP, man, does it hang.

Been doing that for quite a long time though.  (iPhone 5/Safari, though that likely doesn't matter.)

Getting to a user control panel on a phone is also horrendously slow. I can get to the homepage just fine, but if I try to go to the CP, man, does it hang.

Been doing that for quite a long time though. (iPhone 5/Safari, though that likely doesn't matter.)
Oh I thought this was just me, glad to know it isn't

Just wanted to mention that there is no hide button on the mobile version of the site.  And since duplicate posting is far easier on shoddy mobile networks this would be a great thing to have.

I've noticed a trend lately that when trying to post quick replies from the quick reply box, it has started forgetting to reset the box that makes it easy to not realize that the reply already went through.

About the same time I noticed the problem Frisky reported above, I also noticed that clicking the "x new replies added. Show me" no longer works and does nothing.

Is the topic reply system ever going to be fixed? 

When you type a quick reply and Post, it usually does nothing.  The post actually posts...but you don't see it update.  Which leads people to hit submit again...and again...until they refresh the page and now see they've double/triple posted. 

It's happening to tons of users, just looking around the site.

EDIT:  It also doesn't happen every single time...but a lot of the time.  This message posted properly.  My last few, however, have not.  I've see the issue for a few weeks so I know to only hit Post once.

When you type a quick reply and Post, it usually does nothing. The post actually posts...but you don't see it update. Which leads people to hit submit again...and again...until they refresh the page and now see they've double/triple posted.

EDIT: It also doesn't happen every single time...but a lot of the time. This message posted properly. My last few, however, have not. I've see the issue for a few weeks so I know to only hit Post once.
+1

Also, when there's a notification that there are new replies, clicking it does nothing either.

[customspoiler="Double post."]
gallery_324715_8287_156217.png

[/customspoiler]

My CAG bookmark was set to the forums main page, which showed every subforum. Something has happened and now when I click it, and even when I click the community tab at the top to bring me back to the main forum page with every subforum listed, it doesn't show the deals section. How do I fix this? This only happens on my MBA, cell works fine.

When you type a quick reply and Post, it usually does nothing. The post actually posts...but you don't see it update. Which leads people to hit submit again...and again...until they refresh the page and now see they've double/triple posted.

EDIT: It also doesn't happen every single time...but a lot of the time. This message posted properly. My last few, however, have not. I've see the issue for a few weeks so I know to only hit Post once.
I came here to post this... I thought there was something wrong on my end but I too have noticed a lot of double posts/triple posts.

Hey John, I'm pretty sure at this point you're bored and want something to do.   :)  Is there any update to how the website behaves in such a way that it makes double/triple/etc. posting very easy to do?  Or possibly, is there a certain browser that needs to be used to view the website to avoid this problem?  TIA

Is there any way to read the thread on the front page? There is an amibo 3 pack and everything I click links to the GS page. The thread doesn't show under video game deals, so IDK where it is.

Hey John, I'm pretty sure at this point you're bored and want something to do. :) Is there any update to how the website behaves in such a way that it makes double/triple/etc. posting very easy to do? Or possibly, is there a certain browser that needs to be used to view the website to avoid this problem? TIA
It occurs when somebody posts in the thread before you can submit your quick reply.

It occurs when somebody posts in the thread before you can submit your quick reply.
You are correct, and when a new post is added while you are typing your post, there is a little pop-up that appears giving you the option to show the new post/posts. In the past, when you clicked that option, your reply text box would slide down farther on the page and you would see the new posts appear above it. That functionality is also not working, so I suspect that both are suffering from the same malady.

Anybody else having this problem? On the Content You Follow page, formerly known as the User Control Panel, there's a huge blank space before the first followed topic is listed. It only showed up today, and it happens in both Chrome and Firefox.

Anybody else having this problem? On the Content You Follow page, formerly known as the User Control Panel, there's a huge blank space before the first followed topic is listed. It only showed up today, and it happens in both Chrome and Firefox.
Yep does it for me there too using chrome, it also does it on other parts of the site such as app forums. Big blank space and everything pushed further down.

The new version of the price tracker is live, with a bunch of changes to make it more streamlined and generally a better experience for browsing price drops. The main new features include:

- New game info panel that loads when you click the green chevron to the left of the product name (allowing adding/removing games from lists, more prices, box art, and a metacritic rating).

- Instant clientside table sorting by column titles.

- Filter through results with search keywords.

- Sort by popularity actually works now, based on link traffic. 

- Responsive tablet/mobile support.

I'm still in the process of bringing more data feeds online and fixing old ones, but hopefully these changes make the price tracker more usable. (But we'll be keeping the old price tracker online until we're done with testing/making improvements to the new one.) Feedback is welcome!

New global game info panel

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/content_link/4mbuakC7dSqw9M6ARPMukpOGEJniqIdCNz3bHQAOPX9hhQ690oQTdRO4B7kQRNg5

Hey guys, does anyone know how to switch to the white theme for the site? When the site was updated awhile ago I remember there being a button on the bottom of every page but I don't see it anymore and I'm sick of the black theme.

Ditched the light style as it was too much upkeep, what with the current styling system the forum software uses. 

I think this was mentioned before, but if you hover over a user's feedback status and that person has changed their username, the pop-up text that shows up mentions the user's original (or possibly previous) username.

Interesting find. I changed my username with the new site and dont see it.
Odd, the user I'm looking at changed their name about a month after you did. Perhaps this is only in conversations?

EDIT: Confirmed, it is not only in conversations but in thread posts as well.

I think I have found a bug with wiki posts (or maybe its already been reported and there's nothing you can do about it). You can only use so many [x] [/x] formatting commands before they stop working and simply display as text. I thought it was weird that the Playstation TV compatibility list had so many broken spoiler tags and color tags so I tried to fix it, but you can't. Color codes must be executed first by the software because they work fine on the post up until a certain tipping point and then everything below just displays the color code as text. Then all of the spoiler tags display as text too regardless of where they are in the post so they must have lower priority than color codes. I added two more color tags to test and then when I looked at the tipping point again, 2 more titles which previously had color, now were displaying as text. If you copy and paste the entire wiki post into a normal post, then everything works fine, so it seems to be specific to wiki posts.

^ I know Frisky reported that months and months and months ago.

Spoiler tags also don't work in wiki, so you're left with always showing a huge wall of text.

I'm not sure if this is just me but the profile feed doesn't work for me. Whenever I type something and press post it doesn't post. 

Also I would like to link my Twitter to my profile feed, how do I do that? 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back