CAG 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme, Feedback are Live - EVERYTHING is Coming Back Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheapy any fix for the messed up font/chrome issue coming soon the site is unreadable?

Also a go to last page on mobile would be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of us on iPads, we can't "mouse over" other usernames, so if we want to see any of their gamertags we have to "click" on their avatar. Any work around this?

I like the the looks but this is happening to me....im not much of a poster but in chrome at least is showing like this

keep the hard work guys :)

Not sure if has something to do with my resolution or what not, but the text/font used looks like crap.

See here, lowered size a bit, but that's how it looks on my laptop running native 1280x800.

cag8puss.png

I appreciate all the work that CheapyD, etc. have put into the new look.  Excellent work so far - look forward to the enhancements.

Not sure why but every damn site running IP Board uses the same favicon which is annoying since I had my CAG bookmark right next to another site that uses it. Since I only show favicons and no text I keep mixing them up now. Can we get the old favicon back?

My CML that was under my profile pic is now gone.

And it also seems Tapatalk is not working.

Sometimes the forums don't fill up on my mobile properly. Even though its a mobile version, the pages will fill up beyond my screen size and force me to scroll side to side to read posts properly. Similar to reading the full version on your mobile except its in actual mobile view this time.

Also is it possible to view your social groups on the mobile site?

The mobile site looks great, except for the fact that there's now no way to go to a page, at least that I can tell. So if I wanted to get to page 1 of the Amazon deals thread, for example, right now it seems like my only option is to actually page through all 600 pages back to page one, which is just a tad bit unwieldly.
Implimented temporary fix.
I'm still not seeing it?

1. I'd still like quote boxes around people's quotes.

2. A quick link up at the top directly to the deals forums.

3. Short cut keys. really. I keep hitting Alt-S to submit my post.

I don't like the new sig rules... :(

only 1 image allowed in the sig :(

only 3 urls allowed in the sig :(

these make me a sad panda....

The mobile site looks great, except for the fact that there's now no way to go to a page, at least that I can tell. So if I wanted to get to page 1 of the Amazon deals thread, for example, right now it seems like my only option is to actually page through all 600 pages back to page one, which is just a tad bit unwieldly.
I'm still not seeing it?
The little < < > > symbols at the top?

Screen%20Shot%202013-06-07%20at%2012.58.37%20AM.png

Thanks for taking away the post counts beneath the names, BTW.
you're welcome.

You don't see quote boxes like this?

We can discuss, but I persoanlly think your current signature is way too tall/big.

If you're having font viewing issues, please post the following:

- Your browser, and version

- Operating system

- A brief description of the issue (e.g. rough edges, letters being partially masked, etc.)
- Google Chrome 27.0.1453.110 m

- Windows 7 Professional SP1

- Font is rendered poorly. The x-height, ascender height, and descender height are all clipped which makes everything look very pixelated. I checked and made sure I'm viewing at 100%. Looks okay in Firefox (still not the best font choice, IMO).

Nope. I can see one edge (far left) of the quote, but no "box" enveloping the whole quote.

And actually, I just see the one line around the user information who made the quote. 

There's nothing to delineate one user's text from another.

Using Chrome, btw.

I dislike the new signature guidelines, as my signature is smaller than others, but it will not allow me to update my signature, as it exceeds the limits.  The CML button missing by the name, means that the link, will now have to go into a signature which cannot contain much else.

also new quote boxes are bigger than before.  

edit: text issue seems to be fixed

also when the marketplace gets moved over, will there be an option to ignore matches with certain users? (e.g. hasn't been online in two months, banned, outside of CONUS, et cetrea?)

We can discuss, but I persoanlly think your current signature is way too tall/big.
I see boxes like the one you linked, but they are not nearly as prominent/defined as the one you linked. Mine are very very very light, so that they basically just blend in with the background.

Agreed that his signature is way too big. I feel like mine is way too big now since my 2 Gamercards aren't side by side anymore.

Also, I don't know if it's possible to make it so signatures only show up once per page, no matter how many times a person posts on that page. I really liked that on the old CAG.

You cannot give negative feedback.
Just when I was going to begin my quest to be the most disliked person on CAG. ;)

When can we expect to filter out forums again? I went from five pages of new views a day to triple that because I don't care to see Xbox, Nintendo, Mobile, Regional Deals, Trading, etc. It's really making browsing a chore and longing for 2.0 again.

Something is screwy....all of a sudden I can only get to the first page of threads. 

The page number links, and go to last page links, just reload the first page.  Was working fine until now.

Chrome and Windows 7.

Same issue as dmaul, I read his post by seeing the notification, going to his profile, and viewing  his post that way.

chrome,  Windows vista

Something is screwy....all of a sudden I can only get to the first page of threads.

The page number links, and go to last page links, just reload the first page. Was working fine until now.

Chrome and Windows 7.
The parameter appended to the end of the URL is currently "?page&x" when it should be "?page=x" (windows users that should be an equal sign, not a dash, it shows up in my edit window, not when I am posting it)

Problem of only getting the first page happens in Firefox as well as chrome.  Sorry for double post--can't edit the above since I can only get to first page of thread. :D

it's not letting me view any other page of this thread now... just page 1... all the links (to last page, page 2 page 3 ect) just load up page 1 :(

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but I've been running into a very strange bug with Safari this morning: I can't see any page on any thread except the first one. Clicking "next" or a page number just reloads the first page of a thread. I'm pretty sure if it's a browser issue, since I haven't seen this bug in Firefox for Mac.

If it helps, I'm using Safari 6.0.4. It's my main browser, and I hadn't encountered this problem with it before.

ETA: Oh, now it's working... ^^;

I know it's probably been mentioned a few times already, but just throwing my vote towards a dark theme.  It's harder to scan through for deals that interest me and the lack of contrast with the grey text makes things hard to see.

Also, why are member's join dates no longer shown under their avatars?  It was a great help to see if someone was reliable (or to flame a 4 year old member for not following a forum's rules).

I'm still not seeing it?

Thanks for taking away the post counts beneath the names, BTW.
you're welcome.
Yup I see the <<>> symbols but to clarify I thought you meant there was a fix to go to a specific page (i.e. page 4 of this thread) when we use the mobile site. Just wanted to highlight this in case you or John weren't aware.

Notifications are going berserk now.  I was spammed with notifications for anyone replying to any thread I've posted in, not when I'm quoted.  Nevermind, had to change a few settings; all fixed now.

I'd support replacing signatures with premade "flair." Similar to how Reddit operates. I turn off "view signatures" altogether, but would probably enable them if they were handled better.

I visited an old forum where I once posted. That place is so unmoderated that almost every user has like 500px by 800px graphics in their signatures. As a guest, I've seen some CAGs with signatures approaching that monster size. Makes browsing a pain the ass.

Edit: Just noticed that the new forum saves signature settings even when signed out. Nice.

I know things are still a work in progress but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone working on the upgrade. This is just a minor bump in the road for an amazing site and even better community.

The page number links, and go to last page links, just reload the first page. Was working fine until now.

Chrome and Windows 7.
The parameter appended to the end of the URL is currently "?page&x" when it should be "?page=x" (windows users that should be an equal sign, not a dash, it shows up in my edit window, not when I am posting it)

Thanks for this and the PM.

BTW it is a dash in Windows now that it's working again. i.e. the end of the url for this page of this thread for me is "-else-coming-soon/page-20".

Cheapy will you be bringing back the settings to not display avatars and graphics in posts? I found the setting to block signatures, but this site is more "work friendly" if all graphics can be blocked like before. WalkinPneumonia's avatar is a good example of the need for these settings.

Cheapy will you be bringing back the settings to not display avatars and graphics in posts? I found the setting to block signatures, but this site is more "work friendly" if all graphics can be blocked like before. WalkinPneumonia's avatar is a good example of the need for these settings.
I'm sorry. I'll change it. :(

Could just be an issue with different monitors and brightness settings, but at least on my monitor the light grey box around the quote is SO light as to be almost invisible against the white background.
I have the same issue. I'm running Opera 12.15 on Windows 7 (64 bit). I can see the quote boxes, but they're so light that they don't stand out. It almost looks like a 1 pixel light grey line, which simply blends in with the white background. Most of the lines on the site are like that for me, making it difficult to see them. The inside of the quote boxes also aren't colored grey like they are in the screenshot.

Could just be an issue with different monitors and brightness settings, but at least on my monitor the light grey box around the quote is SO light as to be almost invisible against the white background.
I have the same issue. I'm running Opera 12.15 on Windows 7 (64 bit). I can see the quote boxes, but they're so light that they don't stand out. It almost looks like a 1 pixel light grey line, which simply blends in with the white background. Most of the lines on the site are like that for me, making it difficult to see them. The inside of the quote boxes also aren't colored grey like they are in the screenshot.
Same here.

I'm still not seeing it?

Thanks Cheapy! You rock!

I'll add to the chorus saying the quote boxes are too lightly outlined.  The only way I can see the outline is to tip my laptop screen back to an extreme viewing angle.  Looking at it head on, it's virtually invisible.  Likewise, the default font is hard to read on the white background in the same way - I have to tilt back the screen more than normal.

Win 7, Firefox 21.0

Also, have subscriptions been replaced by the "content I'm following" page?  If so, is it possible to put in a URL redirect for the old subscription address to point to the following page?  Right now, it redirects to the home page.

Thanks!

Edit - also, it is possible to put in a stretch option for the avatar pictures?  My block P logo looks awfully weird with the black letterboxing on this white background!  Thanks.

That's actually exactly what it is -- 1px of #EFEFEF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back