CAG 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme, Feedback are Live - EVERYTHING is Coming Back Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dark theme is so much better. Will I have to choose it everytime I clear my cookies or cache? If so maybe the color option should be in profile options.

Dark theme is great.  Also, the font issues seems to be fixed (XP/Firefox).

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn this site was blinding with the all white. Dark theme is the best way to go. Perhaps it should be default and ppl that want to white should have to change.
That's what I was thinking. How many people are gonna up and leave when they don't know/can't find the dark theme? Maybe not many...but maybe some.

Dark theme make the site actually usable.

THANK you for bringing back the dark background. I just couldn't use this site ever since it went snow white. Seriously, I came here all of one or two times since the upgrade instead of my normal lots of times every single day. It was that bad of an eye sore. Now with dark background, everything is fine! YAY!

Can someone please help me? I've been searching for a way to have the posts show the latest one first. It was easy to do with the old CAG setup, but I can't find the option in any of my settings.
Every post was marked as unread when the forum changed. Go to the menu and hit "Mark All Read" and it will go back to normal.

Thanks for making the dark theme option available so quickly.  Makes a world of difference.  I'm still not crazy about the new layout, but I'm trying to keep an open mind and see how it all looks and feels once everything is done.  In the meantime, I'm glad it looks at least a little more like the site I've known and loved for the past 10 years.

My eyes thank you guys! Dark theme FTW! 

I also adjusted my browsers zoom for CAG and the font is much, much better. Notifications are readable now, and no longer a jumbled mess.

CAG-AWAY!!!!

Switching to dark fixed my main complaint, so thanks!

Also, sorry if this has been addressed yet, but I miss the twitter widget!  Is that coming back?  Or am I totally stupid and just can't find it?

Thank you for the dark theme. My eyes no longer have to bleed looking at the website. Dark text on white backgrounds should be made illegal.

The blinding white returns when you attempt to reply or edit post - What can be done about this?

Is the dropdown box that listed all the forums making a comeback soon (used to be at the top and bottom of every page)?  Dark theme looks great, btw.

The dark theme should be the default Cheapy.

I don't mind white but the gray, orange, green and red items are very hard on the eyes. I visit other forums with white themes and they use muted colors in addition to black text. The bright colors are suited for the dark theme.

Sounds good. Also when posting dropbox links of flash games the games auto load into the post. Is there a way to turn that off?

Dark theme is a big improvement.. but only over the new white theme. CAG 2.0 was still better in that regard, but this is mostly OK. And yes, the reply box is still black on white.

The dark theme should be the default Cheapy.

I don't mind white but the gray, orange, green and red items are very hard on the eyes. I visit other forums with white themes and they use muted colors in addition to black text. The bright colors are suited for the dark theme.
ARG!! White rely box!!

Agreed that the dark theme should be default. It's starting to feel like CAG again...

There's still too much unnecessary white (black) space. Maybe this is only if you have signatures turned off, though? I haven't tried turning them back on to check, nor do I wish to.

There's still too much unnecessary white (black) space. Maybe this is only if you have signatures turned off, though? I haven't tried turning them back on to check, nor do I wish to.
Cheapy said the excessive space on the sides will be fixed.

Dark theme looks great. Any way to change the size of text/elements on screen? Maybe it's distorted because the format is different, but it seems like fewer posts show on screen now.

aaahhh, sweet sweet dark background, how I've missed you so. 

Wondering why I'm trapped in a deep hole in Minecraft though. 

Kudos to getting a dark theme in place.  Really can't believe how the white one negatively impacted some people's lives to the point where they earned an addition to my ignore list.  

I'm really digging the update so far. The dark theme looks really nice. The site is being very quick and responsive. I also really like the ability to preview the last post in a thread without actually going in. Great work.

Dark theme looks great. Any way to change the size of text/elements on screen? Maybe it's distorted because the format is different, but it seems like fewer posts show on screen now.
I think that's because of all the unnecessary white space. Not just sides, I mean below/above posts.

Cheapy, will it be possible to get back the icons for the different systems and retailers?  Those really helped threads pop out.  I was just wondering because I don't know whether or not Invision Power supported those icons.

Glad to see the dark background back up. Any news as to when the Top 10 Deals on the front page will be back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back