CAG 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme, Feedback are Live - EVERYTHING is Coming Back Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to repeat anyone or this has been answered, but what happened to deleting your comments from a thread? Especially if I don't want to clog up my thread in referrals? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to drop by and say THANK YOU SO MUCH for the dark theme.  Now I can really appreciate all the redesigned elements and the 3.0 feel!

Thanks for the continued feedback. There's a technical issue which is preventing us from changing up the look right now, but don't mistake that for us ignoring your feedback. We know what you want and you will get it!

Thanks for your continued patience.
Not to repeat anyone or this has been answered, but what happened to deleting your comments from a thread? Especially if I want to not clog up my thread in referrals? Thanks.

Can you "hide" them? Hide is the new delete.

Am I missing something somewhere on where to select the forum I want to jump to when I am done reading a post? All I am seeing is that I have to go back up to the top of the page and can only select the same forum I am in. I loved the pull down ability. It's all about functionality....
THIS. The bottom bread crumb is something I use 100% of the time when I want to navigate else where on the site once I reached the bottom of the thread. And almost all the time I want to go right back up to the forum section that the thread I just finished belonged to.

Not to repeat anyone or this has been answered, but what happened to deleting your comments from a thread? Especially if I want to not clog up my thread in referrals? Thanks.
That sounds awfully shady; is the post actually deleted or simply removed from view of member user groups? Either way, I'm the untrusting type so I always edit my posts with "." before 'hiding' them. ;)

Welcome back dark theme!  Oh how I missed you.  Site is great now.  Like before only better.  Thanks!

I noticed something, in regards to there being too much empty space on each side of the screen, this seems to be gone when I view the page with my iPad. Note that on my iPad, I'm viewing the desktop version of the page, not the mobile. It fits the iPad like it was written solely for it. Which is great. But I'd still like to cut down on the empty space when viewed from a desktop computer.

Perhaps you can implement an option in the user control panel to enable variable width? Or at least adjustable page width?

I miss seeing the topic icons in the deals forum. I need to read every title now, while before if I was looking for a Best Buy thread, I just scanned the page for the Best Buy icon.

That sounds awfully shady; is the post actually deleted or simply removed from view of member user groups? Either way, I'm the untrusting type so I always edit my posts with "." before 'hiding' them. ;)
Yup, it really just hides it. This way, nothing gets hard deleted by accident.

Two issues I have, since I generally view CAG on my phone, is on the mobile version there's no clear division between pinned topics and regular ones and there's no way to go to a specific page number if you're looking for something on a prior page, not to mention the fact that there are no page numbers at all on mobile. I've tried Taptalk, but just didn't like it so that's not an option for me.
I know the site is still a wip, but I'm going to poke you with a pointed stick about this every now and then Cheapy just so it doesn't get overlooked.

Yes please, I follow some of the larger threads and I would like to be able to zoom to specific content and not have to comb through several pages.

Alternately, is there a way to view all replies to a thread on a single page? This would be a decent consolation.

Overall, I like the way this looks. Thanks CAG-GODs!!!

Thanks for all the work Super Programmer John!

At first glance & use, I am missing using the front page! But I see it mentioned in the OP and can wait it out.

Not sure where to post this. I'm glad you guys are trying to improve things, but personally I liked the old site better :(  It was far more responsive and I could scan deals from the front page without having to dig around. Fingers crossed that you shake things out and it get's better.

I just got back from vacation. This new theme is butt cheeks.

Why are you guys using Team Fortress 2-esque font?

Just wanted to say thanks for at least making the font readable!

Looking forward to getting all the old site features back and watching the new site improve.  I think a lot of us were just surprised how barebones the new site launch was.

Every time I enter the forum, it is like it is the first time.

<That's what...>

Might be time to upgrade the backend.

<That's what...>

The old way was a simple click on the drop down.

<That's what...!!!>

It was so much more smoother the old way.
She said!

We don't really need a "xx% POSITIVE" right above our Italian Flag of Feedback, do we?

6792919-cartoon-logo-stolz-chef-enthalt-bis-pizza-in-vor-der-flag-von-italien.jpg

This DARK theme is really great and I'm loving the text editing options in posts now (so much easier to edit colors/sizes). Thanks for all of your hard work John (and CheapyD).

Awesome to have the Dark Theme back. It made CAG just familiar enough to make me spend any length of time here again.

I know it isn't what the cool kids have on the internet but I choose to stick with IE9 and I'm having an issue with replies. The quick reply is just a big gray block with no ability to type any text and the quote button just doesn't send it anywhere. Full post option works but it doesn't seem to work with quote and I would definitely prefer the quick reply. Is there something I'm missing or a way to get this back? Thanks.

We made some big changes to our server setup, so we should be having less downtime/slowdown from now on. 

How to search within a thread now, I spent a lot of time but have no idea. Siince the layout switch I can't find it

How to search within a thread now, I spent a lot of time but have no idea. Siince the layout switch I can't find it
Can't yet. Need other parts of the site up and running. Thanks for your patience.
No Problem Sir, Just loving the new CAG. I just wish you finally add delete post and ofcourse more managsble and wel ldesigned trade lists as currently it can get cluttersome and/or strong rules and regulations to keep them in order.

I know one cant get everything :p but still hats off to you for such hard work.

P.S = Some more themes down the develpoment line can be icing on the top ;)

I didn't see where to do that on the web version.

Also, I am using Firefox on a MAC and when I goto the bottom of the page to change theme, I click on it and you can't see any choices??

Thanks guys for all your hard work.

Anyone figure out a way to skip to the last page of a thread on the mobile site?

Ninja'd

Is there anyway to disable signatures, since they increase page load time and many of them load up third party tracking cookies and crap like that?

Is there anyway to disable signatures, since they increase page load time and many of them load up third party tracking cookies and crap like that?
Hover over the top right over someone's signature and there's a box where you can choose to disable all signatures.

I'm trying to use the signature option and i keep getting this error with all images "unable to receive signature dimensions" Am i doing anything wrong if so how can i fix this?

I'm glad it finally went dark, but it doesn't feel the same. Also, would it be possible to get options for styles in our profiles like some forums? What's the point of using a 1080P monitor if the content on the page literally only takes half the width of the page? It should dynamically fit to at least 75% or take the whole width, cause damn. So much wasted space and extra scrolling. I don't care if people view it on a phone. The people using a computer shouldn't be forever stuck with '90s web design just so it fits properly on a damn cell phone or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back