CAG 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme, Feedback are Live - EVERYTHING is Coming Back Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance we could get the option to change the notification style to "x new replies to topic" rather than seeing 30 new posts for the same thread? The popular threads totally drown out the others the way it is now.
this a thousands times over. Would be a huge help, as I'm having the same problem and missing updates from less commonly posted in threads. Hopefully it's a possibility :D

this a thousands times over. Would be a huge help, as I'm having the same problem and missing updates from less commonly posted in threads. Hopefully it's a possibility :D
This is a killer idea!

Is there any chance you can change the coding of ( ) with a C inside to not turn into the copyright logo?

Lots of people use it for conditions and what not for their trade lists, and I just realized earlier today when I looked at my list.

Is there any chance you can change the coding of ( ) with a C inside to not turn into the copyright logo?

Lots of people use it for conditions and what not for their trade lists, and I just realized earlier today when I looked at my list.
( c ) into (c) is actually fairly standard, a simple fix is to put spaces in or to use braces { , }

edit: r and tm are probably in use as well (r) (tm)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if this has already been asked, but are you guys gonna add the CML button next to a user's avatar if they have feedback on CAG again? It was so convenient for me to check other's tradelists. I now just have a hyperlink in my signature for now.

No that is incorrect Traaginen. Daily/Weekly summarizes all the activity for the day. The old CAG would work where you'd get an email with the newest post and that was it until you visited that thread and see what was posted afterwards.

Now I'm getting an email every single time someone posts. I want it to send me one and then won't send me another until we visit the site.

No that is incorrect Traaginen. Daily/Weekly summarizes all the activity for the day. The old CAG would work where you'd get an email with the newest post and that was it until you visited that thread and see what was posted afterwards.

Now I'm getting an email every single time someone posts. I want it to send me one and then won't send me another until we visit the site.
I know, but that exact functionality can't be done (at the moment). You can get it quite close by playing with those settings though.

I think if you select the offline notification it does what you are asking:

Screen%20Shot%202013-06-27%20at%206.37.48%20PM.png

and

Screen%20Shot%202013-06-27%20at%206.38.48%20PM.png

I realized that the board theme is tied to my account. However, I visit CAG on my phone and on my desktop. I want the mobile view on my phone while the dark theme on my desktop. I don't want them to be synced to my account. This would require me to switch the theme each time I come here from a different device.

EDIT: I switched themes on my phone while typing up this post on my computer. Those tags got thrown in there :p

Couple items I just ran into. I can't seem to the access the blogs while logged in, I get "You have no permission to view the Blogs". Also, I either can't reply to reviews or I can't figure out how to. Probably the second one.

Is there any way to disable signatures/avatars? Also how do I check my price notifications? It's pretty much the only reason I visit CAG.
You can disable both signatures and avatars now. For signatures go into 'My Settings', then choose 'Ignore' Preferences and select the checkbox that says 'Ignore all signatures when reading topics and personal messages'. For avatars, go into 'My Settings' and select the 'Disable Avatars & User Info' checkbox on the General Account Settings page.

Hope old stuff such as full feedback details (need some info I put in details) and forum settings (50 or 100 post per page is needed) are back soon.

I also noticed that the white background seems to be defualt before I signin.  This wasn't the case last week.  Cookies etc were cleared then and now so that's not the issue.

The posts per page setting is back. You go to the My Settings under your control panel and you can choose 10/25/50/100 posts per page.

Hope old stuff such as full feedback details (need some info I put in details) and forum settings (50 or 100 post per page is needed) are back soon.

I also noticed that the white background seems to be defualt before I signin. This wasn't the case last week. Cookies etc were cleared then and now so that's not the issue.
You can choose 100 posts per page in your profile.

A big update happening over the weekend, including the game database, collections, wishlists, user lists, community moderation, and some other stuff.

yeah just looked around settings and it seems hte page view opitons are back.

I didn't get notifications for two people quoting my post.  Checked settings and it's the same as it was last week.

Is there an option to have the topics in a Group arranged by latest post (instead of creation date) by default?  I know we can click to view something on the side for it.

John, any chance we can have 20 posts per page as a choice?  I like the option of an even number without a really long page and it worked really well for me on CAG 2.0.

John, any chance we can have 20 posts per page as a choice? I like the option of an even number without a really long page and it worked really well for me on CAG 2.0.
I don't know if there are certain restrictions that would make this a bad idea, but it would be neat if one could simply type in a custom number instead of having to choose one from the dropbox.

You can choose 100 posts per page in your profile.

A big update happening over the weekend, including the game database, collections, wishlists, user lists, community moderation, and some other stuff.
Awesome, looking forward to it! (I've got games to add...)

Don't know if this has already been asked as I can't limit search to only this post :bouncy: . When (if at all) are we getting back the advanced search? Using this site has become quite difficult. Trying to find a trade for a specific game is next to impossible when the search can't be limited to certain topic and the result can't be shown as posts. I just tried to do a search for Really Big Sky and the search only looked for the first word and I got over 1000 results. Not REALLY helpfull...

Don't know if this has already been asked as I can't limit search to only this post :bouncy: . When (if at all) are we getting back the advanced search? Using this site has become quite difficult. Trying to find a trade for a specific game is next to impossible when the search can't be limited to certain topic and the result can't be shown as posts. I just tried to do a search for Really Big Sky and the search only looked for the first word and I got over 1000 results. Not REALLY helpfull...
How long have you been on the internet? The reason I ask is it's pretty well known that you use quotes when looking for an exact match for a bunch of words.

Use this link to get the advanced search - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

How long have you been on the internet? The reason I ask is it's pretty well known that you use quotes when looking for an exact match for a bunch of words.

Use this link to get the advanced search - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1
Well I haven't been on the Internet at all, as a direct neural connection is still scifi :bouncy: , but I've been using computers connected to the Internet for about 25 years.

But that's besides my point which was that the new search works differently than it used to work before the upgrade and all decent search engines search with ALL the search words, not just the first one. I also don't want to use the exact match because it's possible that there are typos.

Thanks for the link. Now if we could also get the advanced search as part of the user interface...

Hey John, on my iPad, at the very bottom, the "Games and Products" section is much lower than "Around CAG" and "Community". Just a heads up.

Sorry if this has been asked, but what are the chances of the "The topic can be found here:" link being moved to the top of e-mail notifications? Some people have long-winded posts, and I'd rather not have to scroll through them in my e-mail just to get to the link to take me to the page so I can scroll through it there as well.

Not sure of the best place for feedback, but as someone who will not use any of the new stuff ... I really miss the look, simplicity and ease of finding the stuff I used to use.

Not sure of the best place for feedback, but as someone who will not use any of the new stuff ... I really miss the look, simplicity and ease of finding the stuff I used to use.
What did you use that you are having problems with?

Well I haven't been on the Internet at all, as a direct neural connection is still scifi :bouncy: , but I've been using computers connected to the Internet for about 25 years.

But that's besides my point which was that the new search works differently than it used to work before the upgrade and all decent search engines search with ALL the search words, not just the first one. I also don't want to use the exact match because it's possible that there are typos.

Thanks for the link. Now if we could also get the advanced search as part of the user interface...
Looks like John added the ability to search within the topic at the top of each screen. I don't know man, if I was looking for a specific group of words on 2.0, I put them in quotes.

Edit: Nevermind, seems to be a local problem. How the hell do I delete posts?
Try the Hide button. It's supposed to hide the post but keep it in the topic where mods can see it. Haven't used it.

Are wikified threads coming back anytime soon?
+1 this--I really need the wikified posts back--there is a thread I can no longer update since this was removed and the OP hasn't been active in over a year!

Is there some kind of prioritized list of features you are working on restoring?

ot3ywKn.png

That's what mine looks like.  I used to have a spot above my profile and my settings to type something.  It disappeared a day or two ago.

Yeah, mine's still there. The only other thing to do is click on your profile and on the left underneath overview click profile feed. If it's not there either it must be a glitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back