CAG 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme, Feedback are Live - EVERYTHING is Coming Back Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on Firefox 21.0 and while looking for the version number it upgraded to 22.0. Same issue still present.
Apart from the missing status bar, the green part is also in a messed up location. Do you have any ad blocks/addons installed that interfere with page layout?

Ya i got adblock but I haven't changed anything with it so I don't know why that would all of a sudden affect it.  I'll try and turn it off and see what happens.

Edit: No change in the status bar or the green part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know when the personal game collection and wishlist will be back online?  I thought I heard that it would be up this last weekend, but it's not working for me yet.  I really depend on the GAC lists I have made and it's driving me crazy not having access to them. I guess I should have made a backup.  Thank you.

Odd question but figured here would be the best place. Is there any way to keep the forum posts from auto combining when you post one right after the other? I use a multipost format for the Tradelist thread and when I was working on trying to make a new one of the weekend all the posts kept combining into one big post. Previously there was a post character limit that kept that from being possible so I removed that thread entirely until I figured out how to multipost or found out if there were any character limits on posts this time around.

The only thing I didn't try was posting, locking the thread, waiting five minutes, unlocking the thread, and trying a second post. Wasn't sure if the combining was time sensitive.

Let me try something really quick.

Merge Post test post.

jfjfjfjfjfj
Testing if quotes get merged into regular text posts.

Testing if regular text posts get merged into quotes.

Edit: Well, fuck. I thought I had gotten two posts to stay separate because of one having a quote, but now i'm so sure it works anymore.

CheapyD:

I posted in this thread some weeks back regarding the various posting tags being missing.     I since figured out that its only on the mobile version, specifically on my iPad.  

I spend 90% of the time on CAG using my tablet, posting and replying.  It seems with the format of the site its supposed to be read on a tablet... (widescreen complaints in previous posts) but yet it isn't designed for a tablet.

Lets get that fixed right away.

Also the orange text is bad.  Change it back to green.

Does anyone know when the personal game collection and wishlist will be back online? I thought I heard that it would be up this last weekend, but it's not working for me yet. I really depend on the GAC lists I have made and it's driving me crazy not having access to them. I guess I should have made a backup. Thank you.
It's going up today. Was delayed due to data import issues.

Let me try something really quick.

Merge Post test post.

Testing if quotes get merged into regular text posts.

Testing if regular text posts get merged into quotes.

Edit: Well, fuck. I thought I had gotten two posts to stay separate because of one having a quote, but now i'm so sure it works anymore.
Should be fixed, no more auto-merging.

Should be fixed, no more auto-merging.
Ah, cool. I actually didn't really mind auto-merge until it came to those posts.

Worked perfectly, just rolled over the gamestop thread. Thanks!

Love the new post tagging now; so much more visible.

PRAISE RESCINDED!  Lol, I thought you were only making the 'new posts you've posted' in star the color green.  Maybe make the star yellow to help differentiate the two again?  Really would like to see subjects highlighted in that way again.

Hi John, are the personal game collection and wishlist pages up yet? If so, can you tell me how to get to them? I can't figure it out.

Thank you for all of your hard work and for responding to my questions.

Hi John, are the personal game collection and wishlist pages up yet? If so, can you tell me how to get to them? I can't figure it out.

Thank you for all of your hard work and for responding to my questions.
It's veeeerrrry likely to be today. I know I said yesterday, and the day before that, yesterday - but I keep coming across bugs that I can't ignore.

Will the old nav bar at the top return?  With all of the options like "Deals", "Collections" and more?  It's hard to find stuff when only "Community", "Games", and "What's New" is at the top.

Thanks John!

Will the old nav bar at the top return? With all of the options like "Deals", "Collections" and more? It's hard to find stuff when only "Community", "Games", and "What's New" is at the top.

Thanks John!
The old nav won't be back as it was, but we will be making changes to have more stuff up there.

Collections/wishlists/other lists tentatively up, I say tentatively because searching within lists/filtering by platform is disabled at the moment while I do some database optimising.

Hey John nice work on the collection list! Hopefully somewhere in the list there will be a total of how many games are in the collection!

Collections/wishlists/other lists tentatively up, I say tentatively because searching within lists/filtering by platform is disabled at the moment while I do some database optimising.
Thanks for the hard work!

I found the links to collection and wish list at the bottom of the page. I initially was looking at the top of the page and under my "My Content"/ "My Profile" but I didn't see anywhere to get to the lists from there.

I am glad to hear that you are working on filtering by platform. I find the current white text on a light colored box for the console name (like "Wii" or "PS3") hard to read on my laptop screen. But I'm very glad to have the list up again.

Is there an easy way to export/backup the list besides doing a cut and paste of the web page text?

I'm disappointed to not see any means to note which games I've beaten. I'm hoping to see more stats-style information be added to the collection stuff to show various stats about my collection.

I'm disappointed to not see any means to note which games I've beaten. I'm hoping to see more stats-style information be added to the collection stuff to show various stats about my collection.
It looks like this is going to be added and may be partially installed. Go to the price tracker. Hover over a product and you'll see at the bottom of the page the options to Got It, Want It, Played It, Beat It.

Go to your collection. Where it says Manage Your Lists, click on Choose List. You'll see Collection, Wishlist, Now Playing, and Beaten It. This is where these are currently stored. It will probably be easier to use once everything is enabled.

It's good to have collections back.  Now it's time to complain about them. ;)

It would be great to have the system icons back like we had on 2.0 instead of text, especially with Xbox and PS3 being nearly illegible on their color backgrounds.  Also, didn't there use to be a list for games available for trade?  I believe there was an option to mark a game in the collection as being available for trade.

It looks like this is going to be added and may be partially installed. Go to the price tracker. Hover over a product and you'll see at the bottom of the page the options to Got It, Want It, Played It, Beat It.

Go to your collection. Where it says Manage Your Lists, click on Choose List. You'll see Collection, Wishlist, Now Playing, and Beaten It. This is where these are currently stored. It will probably be easier to use once everything is enabled.
I think I'd rather just be able to mark games in my collection as being beaten rather than having to build up a new list from scratch, which is how it looks to be done at the moment. I'm hoping that that's how it'll work.

I don't know if anyone has noted this yet or not, but when using a hiddenlist tag, a bulleted list does not get hidden ironically enough.

Example:

[hiddenlist]

• dfhgsdafgdfb
[/hiddenlist]

Hope this gets fixed soon since this little error seems to have broken my GOTY thread. Thanks for all the hard work to the CAG team!

Using Tapatalk, you cannot send private messages, you can only reply to messages that have already been started.

Ive been asking this since weeks ago. No progress yet :(

Is there another option that could be causing this? I've set my notifications to 'Offline', but I still received 137 e-mails from one thread overnight.

Just checked out the collection pages grid view. about 3/4 of my listed games come up with a "?" for their box art :/

Can we submit boxart or something for games that don't have theirs in the database?

It's good to have collections back. Now it's time to complain about them. ;)

It would be great to have the system icons back like we had on 2.0 instead of text, especially with Xbox and PS3 being nearly illegible on their color backgrounds. Also, didn't there use to be a list for games available for trade? I believe there was an option to mark a game in the collection as being available for trade.
That's still there. Click on a game in your collection and you can mark it available for trade, sale, and/or open to offers as well as an amount you're looking to sell it at. One thing though is that when you have 2000+ games, and you load down to the T's and click on a game, you have to scroll back up to the top of the page currently to enter this information.

Fabrizio, I don't think everything's been fully loaded at this point as, if you click on a product or try to use the product finder, it brings you to a blank screen. I also am not getting any option to add a game to my collection using the search function on the collection screen.

I brought this up a couple days ago but I just don't want it to be forgotten about.  I still can't change my status update.  Using Firefox 22.0 both with adblock and with it disabled also with Chrome  27.0.1453.116 m with no addons installed whatsoever the box to change it just isn't there.

I brought this up a couple days ago but I just don't want it to be forgotten about. I still can't change my status update. Using Firefox 22.0 both with adblock and with it disabled also with Chrome 27.0.1453.116 m with no addons installed whatsoever the box to change it just isn't there.
Fixed.

I can't enter any new games into my collection. I'm using Chrome.
Having issues with one of the web servers. Looking into it, it should be sorted soon.

I keep turning off notification for threads I follow, and I still get them

edit: also search topic is definitely leaving out matches. does it search the actual topic or a cached DB of it?

If you've been unfortunate enough to be directed to a server where searching/adding games to your collection wasn't possible, those issues should be fixed now. 

I don't know if you saw my last post John but is there gonna be a total number added soon to the collection list or am I not seeing it? Thanks!

Fixed.

Having issues with one of the web servers. Looking into it, it should be sorted soon.
Thanks John, able to use the search and add games to my collection. I like how easy it is and shows it was just added. Only problem I saw was it had difficulty finding Asura's Wrath. The 360 version was 5th on the list and the PS3 was 17th. I tried using the AND or OR functionality and got an Unexpected HTTP status: 500 Internal Server Error message which was cleared by removing the AND or OR.

I don't know if you saw my last post John but is there gonna be a total number added soon to the collection list or am I not seeing it? Thanks!
Yeah, there's a bunch of collection stuff that isn't visible at the moment. (Really.) Disabled sharing links, stats, filtering and in-list searching in a bid to get some sleep. Tightening a few things up on the backend first before bringing those back, and swapping out a web server to boost performance.

If you've been unfortunate enough to be directed to a server where searching/adding games to your collection wasn't possible, those issues should be fixed now.
I still don't see the collection option anywhere and the games tab still points to this thread. Are all the servers updated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back