CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't blame people for raping on the stick craze, but it sucks if you want to buy one. If people would stop being dumbasses and buying shit for way over MSRP though, and just chill the fuck out and wait for them to be restocked, then we wouldn't have this problem.

Honestly, 400 bucks for a TE stick? You can have 2 customs made for that, easily. But most people are the "I needz it nao!" type. I only ordered the HRAP EX because it was around the same price as the TE stick after buying buttons, and I would have it now instead of whenever. I wouldn't pay more than MSRP for one. And $100 bucks for a Fightpad is insane. I wish I had that kind of money to just throw around.

[quote name='Furashu']well from what i got from Markman's input on SE stick's art....

all u do is lay the photo of ur art ontop of the original art and the art is held down by the buttons only.

so what im asking is how does the bottom left corner of your art stay down?

or like is there....

2 layers?

1) being the original artwork thats decaled onto the piece of plastic.....then the acrylic or piece of plastic on top?[/quote]

For SE artwork, the easiest thing to do is just put a decal over the existing art. There is no acrylic top on the SE.

[quote name='Furashu']well from what i got from Markman's input on SE stick's art....

all u do is lay the photo of ur art ontop of the original art and the art is held down by the buttons only.

so what im asking is how does the bottom left corner of your art stay down?

or like is there....

2 layers?

1) being the original artwork thats decaled onto the piece of plastic.....then the acrylic or piece of plastic on top?[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, mine is a lamited sticker sitting on top of the original artwork, markman suggested sticking it on top of the original artwork and thats what I did, people have been speaking about lami-label but i could never get it to work, I tried six times and ended up with bubbles and it looked like shit, the guy at kinkos had a brain fart and suggested printing the arcade stick template on an 8 1/2 x 11 label and then laminate it. its close to lami-label with the difference that lamil-label laminates the artwork on both sides and the method i used only laminates it on one side.

[quote name='distgfx']Weak. Should of left them for someone who actually wanted to use them. :bomb:[/quote]

i'm picking up another stick and pad after work... wute :D

I'm sorry but does this really belong in this thread? If you want to bicker and not actually discuss fightsticks there are plenty of other places. I don't like people hoarding any more then the next CAG but what good's it do, just spurs em on.

Back on topic, anyone happen to place an order with Lizardlick recently and have any idea how far behind they are? Still haven't ordered my buttons and think I've finally decided.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I still want to get a regular SFIV FightStick just to mod it. I caved on the TE because I wanted a stick now, though I would've got the TE a week later. Hindsight is 20/20. At least I love my HRAP EX and my buttons just shipped from Lizard Lick.

I'd make my FightStick a full Seimitsu stick.[/quote]

When did you place your order if you don't mind me asking. I placed mine on the 19th and still no word:cry:

With the ridiculous prices people are paying on ebay, you'd almost be dumb not to sell, especially in the case of the TE.

$200 profit, wait a few weeks or however long it is until they release more, buy another one for free with money still left over. Or get a nice custom made, again for free.

Now buying every stick and pad you see just to flip is another issue entirely, but shit like that is always gonna happen when people are paying insane prices on ebay.

[quote name='genfuyung']When did you place your order if you don't mind me asking. I placed mine on the 19th and still no word:cry:[/QUOTE]

I ordered from Lizard Lick on the 15th, about 2 AM or so.

Don't know if anyone's interested in a Rose design for their HRAP but threw one together since I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do with my stick. PM me if you're interested and I'll send you the template.

rosetemplate.jpg

Has anyone tried using threaded buttons with the HRAP? Any issues with fit on the A or B buttons with the mounting plate?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZerotypeX']^^

Her boobs are are gonna be where a button (HP) is...

sorry for being, dumb, anyway. Nice work amusedtoe, looks very nice.[/QUOTE]

Are you implying that I subconsciously want to fondle Rose every time I punch?

I just got purp Seimitsu PS-14-KN 30mm. I love them all except the solid white plunger in the middle. Though to fix this, all I did was insert black and purple construction paper inside. Pretty easy and a little ghetto, but it makes them look much better. Definitely beats having the pinkish center as a result of the white plunger.

[quote name='amusedtoe']Well those aren't produced anymore and the colors I need Akihabara Shop doesn't have anymore.[/quote]I think eastx, meant the the screw-in version.

[quote name='amusedtoe']Don't know if anyone's interested in a Rose design for their HRAP but threw one together since I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do with my stick. PM me if you're interested and I'll send you the template.[/quote]

I would swap the placement of the 2 images of her...just my opinion though.

son of a bitch, the right direction on my custom stick doesn't work! :bomb: Any ideas as to what I can do to fix that? I don't wanna fuck anything up while I'm poking around in there, so I'd better ask around first...

What kind of stick and board does it use? If it's the stick itself then it's probably the microswitch, otherwise possibly a poorly soldered lead?

Well it's dual-modded, and the same stick input is failing on both the 360 and the PS1 controller. Would that imply that the problem lies in the microswitch?

[quote name='BustaUppa']Well it's dual-modded, and the same stick input is failing on both the 360 and the PS1 controller. Would that imply that the problem lies in the microswitch?[/QUOTE]

I think so, or if not the actual switch something closely tied to it.

Threw a simple Akuma/Ryu/Ken design together, actually like the simplicity.

AkumaTemplate.jpg

Boy those clear buttons get expensive quickly, looking at almost $50 if I go with the Rose design.

[quote name='Furashu']not to be rude, but...
1) u pointed out that u dont want to pay high $$ for a TE stick, but youre gonna scalp your SE for $150 and tell us that u wont pay more $$ for a TE cause stock will go back, JUST like the SE?

and....
2) ud trade your SE for a TE stick...uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

3) im sure someone would want to trade their 360 stick for your ps3 stick gladly.[/quote]

I think you misinterpreted me.

1) Any "profit" I make on the PS3 stick is going to be used for a 360 stick. Someone is going to make more than they paid on one of these, but it's not going to be me.

2) I said TOWARDS a trade for a TE, not a swap, e.g. the SE stick plus cash.

3) It's not that farfetched to think someone else grabbed a 360 stick and really needed a PS3 version. I'm trying to stress that I want a 360 stick, not a profit on flipping a PS3 stick. buying the PS3 stick at least got me something to barter with.

For lizardlick, do they still send you shipping info via the paypal account?

I also ordered on the 15th, but no word so far on that order (a fairly small one at that). I probably got caught up in the massive two week delay that is posted on their site.

From Chad,

"Just off the top of my head, items that are causing back-orders include Sanwa 30mm buttons in white, both kinds, OBSF-30 blue, green bubbletops, Seimitsu PS-14-KN's in blue and white, and a few Seimitsu joysticks... All of these items should be here later in the week, I'm planning on blowing out most of the back-orders by next weekend, while we continue to work on the new orders"

He got more orders in one weekend (the week the SE and TE sticks comes out) then he did in a 3 month span. I wonder who's fault that is? Probably someone who designed the stick to be so easily modifiable. Anyway, bare with Chad, I've done about 5 orders with him and he's been nothing but great.

[quote name='amusedtoe']I think so, or if not the actual switch something closely tied to it.

Threw a simple Akuma/Ryu/Ken design together, actually like the simplicity.

AkumaTemplate.jpg

Boy those clear buttons get expensive quickly, looking at almost $50 if I go with the Rose design.[/quote]

omg where can i get this? the new clear seimitsu buttons can have artwork underneath? (not the skeleton ones..)

so you guys are saying to just peel off the existing carbonfiber artwork of my HRAP3 and put this on top of it--after printing this on a legal sheet and laminating it?

i'm interested in modding the art on my TE.

i downloaded the template. the size is 4000 x something rather. so i have to find stuff at that high resolution to be able to print it out without looking ugly?

i have a lot of silly ideas in my head but i should know what kinda stuff i have to download first.

[quote name='amusedtoe']I think so, or if not the actual switch something closely tied to it.[/QUOTE]Hmm, I think you are right. I was worried about a PCB problem at first - but since it's a dual mod and NEITHER controller is registering the Right input, the problem must lie in the switch or the wiring or something like that. I mean it would be a pretty weird coincidence if two PCBs, located in two different areas of the case, both had the same directional input flake out.

I'll add a couple of pics that I took, indicating the non-registering input, just in case there's some obvious problem that my untrained eyes would miss:
stickissue1.jpg

stickissue2.jpg

Oh and when I briefly messed around with the switch before I left for work today, it seemed like the quick disconnect on the far right of the pic was REALLY tight. I wasn't able to just snap it out like I could with the other QDs. Could that be indicative of a problem? Later today I'll try removing the entire switch so I can try and grab that QD from a better angle.

[quote name='kainzero']i'm interested in modding the art on my TE.

i downloaded the template. the size is 4000 x something rather. so i have to find stuff at that high resolution to be able to print it out without looking ugly?

i have a lot of silly ideas in my head but i should know what kinda stuff i have to download first.[/quote]

If you can find the art you want at a decent size at 300 dpi you can use a photoshop trick to resize it. Edit>Image Size, turn off resample and resize it to 110%. Do this several times until the art is larger than you need it to be. Next, turn on resample and resize to 200 dpi. Then place the art in the template and scale it down. That should do the trick. I could do it for you, but I won't have access to photoshop until Monday. I'm on vacation with Street Fighter.

just an update.. my first 2 fightsticks went for $120+ shipping, first 2 fightpads went for $80...lol

i have 4 more fightsticks and 3 more fightpads

flame me if you want, but these are harsh economic times in which the less fortunate have to take advantage of those who can pay $120 for a $70 stick...just because they can't wait -_-..... or $400 for a $150 stick ;)

[quote name='hyogen']just an update.. my first 2 fightsticks went for $120+ shipping, first 2 fightpads went for $80...lol

i have 4 more fightsticks and 3 more fightpads

flame me if you want, but these are harsh economic times in which the less fortunate have to take advantage of those who can pay $120 for a $70 stick...just because they can't wait -_-..... or $400 for a $150 stick ;)[/quote]

*insert flames here*

Why not just keep your luck to yourself? No one's gonna praise you for it here. :razz:

Well, we do have a bragging rights forum...

Busta, did you have that problem when you got the stick? Or after a couple plays with it. Double check the connections and see whether right direction is properly connected.

[quote name='option.iv']Well, we do have a bragging rights forum...[/quote]

Hence the here part, as in, this particular topic or area.

[quote name='distgfx']*insert flames here*

Why not just keep your luck to yourself? No one's gonna praise you for it here. :razz:[/quote]

hehe, sorry man. just happy. these are harsh times -_-

[quote name='hyogen']hehe, sorry man. just happy. these are harsh times -_-[/quote]

I understand but I was one of the people dying to get one of those sticks :cry:

Oh well, at least I got two fightpads (one 360, one PS3)

[quote name='hyogen']omg where can i get this? the new clear seimitsu buttons can have artwork underneath? (not the skeleton ones..)[/QUOTE]

Yea if you look at the buttons there you can see the tab on the side that lets the plunger come out. Still white button and translucent cover.

ps14kn_vi.jpg

[quote name='nil']If you can find the art you want at a decent size at 300 dpi you can use a photoshop trick to resize it. Edit>Image Size, turn off resample and resize it to 110%. Do this several times until the art is larger than you need it to be. Next, turn on resample and resize to 200 dpi. Then place the art in the template and scale it down. That should do the trick. I could do it for you, but I won't have access to photoshop until Monday. I'm on vacation with Street Fighter.[/QUOTE]

Yea all depends on the file you're working with in the first place. Like the main bit on that last template I made I was going to do that because it was way small but just took it straight to 200% to test it out and it actually didn't lose any quality.

are there any other sites that have guides for building ur own stick other then slagcoin?

i just wanna see if there are other methods for building your own box first.

slagcoin has the idiot box, his first box, the slanted box, but maybe there are easier options? i wanna plan to build the box first this week, then get started next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back